Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Going back to online games

panchanpanchan Member Posts: 18

just got tired of playing mobile games and marathon tv series. If would be great if you recommend a nice game that I can play.

Please do note that I HATE FPS.

Please do considerate the following:

- I love cool costumes if the game has some sort of collection book MUCH better (like Atlantica online)

- quest is not an issue (coz I hate grindfest type of game like ragnarok it bore me a lot)

- I like hybrid type of classes like healer/attacker (just like cabal)

- OPEN WORLD (coz I hate games like Dragon Nest or Grand Chase)

Till cabal havent "clean" their servers I'll be taking my hands of it for a while, cant even imaging their "skill renewal thing"

also, I'm waiting if there will be Ragnarok 2 NA in the future.

Comments

• VezlinVezlin Member UncommonPosts: 35
    Sounds like it might be pretty different from other things you've tried, but I'd like to suggest http://co.perfectworld.com/ Champions Online. You can make your own costume from countless pieces without worrying about your stats, and save them for later use. You've got a bunch of quests and storylines for levelling without grind. There are multple huge openworld environments, along with some quest instances, dungeons, etcetera. Classes, lastly, are capable of doing multiple things based on your build and use of them, and if you subscribed, you have complete character customization for any hybrid you could think of.
  • Kain_DaleKain_Dale Member UncommonPosts: 378
    - I love cool costumes if the game has some sort of collection book MUCH better (like Atlantica online)

- quest is not an issue (coz I hate grindfest type of game like ragnarok it bore me a lot)

- I like hybrid type of classes like healer/attacker (just like cabal)

- OPEN WORLD (coz I hate games like Dragon Nest or Grand Chase)

Till cabal havent "clean" their servers I'll be taking my hands of it for a while, cant even imaging their "skill renewal thing"

also, I'm waiting if there will be Ragnarok 2 NA in the future.

Granado Espada has TON of costume and over 100 character to recruit and play with. Each character has different type of skill.  Like fighter, mage, healer.  It also have 1 of best graphic for free mmorpg genre.  It has MCC(Multi character control) that you can control 3 character at once.  Also, it doesn't require allot investment with your real money to advance into end-game.  You can obtain anything in that game without spending money, its just matter of time and farming.  If you do not like grindfest,  this game has "afk system" that will kill and the pet will loot for you. It is open world that you can explore many different areas to explore.  I think this would fit your preference very well!  

Here is link to Granado Espada: http://ge.t3fun.com/Intro/Intro.aspx

Another thing to mention is Final fantasy 14: A realm reborn is going to launch probably late march or mid-summer.

Kain_Dale

• panchanpanchan Member Posts: 18

based from your words, seems like I'm getting interested with granado espada. especially the costume and the afk system sounds really cool.

is there any other games that you can recommend?

• BoneserinoBoneserino Member UncommonPosts: 1,768

For the next 10 minutes anyway, I guess, Wrender.

Hardly the type of game she is looking for I think.

FFA Nonconsentual Full Loot PvP ...You know you want it!!

Originally posted by Wrender

Asheron's Call 2. Give it a try it has just been ressurected from the dead and it was and now is once again my all time favorite game!

https://www.google.com/search?q=asheron's+call+2&hl=en&tbo=u&tbm=isch&source=univ&sa=X&ei=_XnvUITOEcSe2gWHg4HQDA&ved=0CDUQsAQ&biw=1893&bih=968

http://massively.joystiq.com/2012/12/17/leaderboard-is-asherons-call-2-a-long-term-home-or-a-short-ter/

it's like im looking at knight online >_<

• BoneserinoBoneserino Member UncommonPosts: 1,768
    Originally posted by panchan
    Originally posted by Wrender

Asheron's Call 2. Give it a try it has just been ressurected from the dead and it was and now is once again my all time favorite game!

https://www.google.com/search?q=asheron's+call+2&hl=en&tbo=u&tbm=isch&source=univ&sa=X&ei=_XnvUITOEcSe2gWHg4HQDA&ved=0CDUQsAQ&biw=1893&bih=968

http://massively.joystiq.com/2012/12/17/leaderboard-is-asherons-call-2-a-long-term-home-or-a-short-ter/

it's like im looking at knight online >_<

Yup it is an old game and it is a grind.   I don't think it has much in the way of costuming either although it does have some unique races.

FFA Nonconsentual Full Loot PvP ...You know you want it!!

• Kain_DaleKain_Dale Member UncommonPosts: 378
    I am former Asheron's Call player.  Its best game ever however its allot of grindfest, awesome quests setup.  The graphic is outdated.  The community is small right now.  The game is 13-14 years old.  Personally, I don't like Asheron's Call 2 for some reason.

Kain_Dale

hmmm I'm not so sure about this "Asheron's Call player". seems like a graphics that I wouldnt like.

I mean I've tried this knight online but it didnt got my "taste" tho people has been telling me that it has good game play or something.

about grindfest, seems like if that the case, better go back to ragnarok online or cabal online since those 2 are grindfest too >_>

• phantomghostphantomghost Member UncommonPosts: 738

Everquest 1.

Would be free to try some of the game as it went free to play back in march or whatever.  It is no where near as great as it use to be, but it is better than most games out now.  It is the only game not focused on PvP that I have been able to play for more than 10 minutes at a time before I go AFK because the game is a boring clone.  (This is after I regretfully quit the first time).

The game is very solo friendly now as the population has decreased, however higher end the games content is much more rewarding than everybody's favorite game WoW.  The raiding content is by far superior and more challenging.  It is more rewarding as you do not get free gear from every mob and there are no easy quests that you do nothing for, and receive level based rewards to help you progress... you earn your gear. 

Large collection of spells as well if you choose a caster. 

• Rider071Rider071 Member Posts: 318

If you're looking for something to fit your description...

try prefect world.

Pretty immense world, pve/pvp, politics, community is international and large, and the costumes are...well let's just say most the market place is for costumes alone.

It's a different enviornment, I log in once in a when I need a break from other games. I play a venomancer (males cant play the class, but its a pet class).

Aion is another where the toons have alot of gear/looks, and now free housing, but i find more freedom in perfect world.

Originally posted by phantomghost

Everquest 1.

Would be free to try some of the game as it went free to play back in march or whatever.  It is no where near as great as it use to be, but it is better than most games out now.  It is the only game not focused on PvP that I have been able to play for more than 10 minutes at a time before I go AFK because the game is a boring clone.  (This is after I regretfully quit the first time).

The game is very solo friendly now as the population has decreased, however higher end the games content is much more rewarding than everybody's favorite game WoW.  The raiding content is by far superior and more challenging.  It is more rewarding as you do not get free gear from every mob and there are no easy quests that you do nothing for, and receive level based rewards to help you progress... you earn your gear. 

I'm not sure If I'm getting you correctly on the after 10mins thingy. I got confused...

But the quest reward seems promising. How's the costumes? 

• Rider071Rider071 Member Posts: 318

Everquest 1.

EQ1 is my main game still today, but...OP did mention graphics and costumes being important, and while EQ1's lore/world/gameplay is superior imho to most everything, it really lacks in graphics and diversity in 'costumes'.

• DivonaDivona Member UncommonPosts: 189

The Secret World

• Lots of costume
    • Quests
    • Hybird classes
    • Open world
    The Lord of the Rings Online
    • Lots of costume (cosmetic slots)
    • Quests
    • Open world
    Guild Wars 2
    • Lots of costume (requires Transmutation Stone)
    • Quests (heart / dynamic events)
    • Open world
    Originally posted by Rider071

Everquest 1.

EQ1 is my main game still today, but...OP did mention graphics and costumes being important, and while EQ1's lore/world/gameplay is superior imho to most everything, it really lacks in graphics and diversity in 'costumes'.

Well, I guess it depends by what they mean by costumes.  There are a lot of different illusions you can use, as far as outfits, not so much.

Everquest 1.

I'm not sure If I'm getting you correctly on the after 10mins thingy. I got confused...

But the quest reward seems promising. How's the costumes? 

The ten minue thing is so many games out now... you play them a little bit and run out of things to do.  So, you end up logging in, do minor things for 10mins, then keep your character in game afk.  Most high reward low risk quest games.

Originally posted by Divona

The Secret World

• Lots of costume
    • Quests
    • Hybird classes
    • Open world
    • Quests
    • Open world
    Guild Wars 2
    • Open world

I assume this The secret world's costumes can be purchased thru item mall right? But I wanted to be clear here if this game's cotumes have additions on the stats, coz if does I wont bother trying.

• CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505
    Originally posted by Divona

The Secret World

• Lots of costume
    • Quests
    • Hybird classes
    • Open world
    • Quests
    • Open world
    Guild Wars 2
    • Open world

I assume this The secret world's costumes can be purchased thru item mall right? But I wanted to be clear here if this game's cotumes have additions on the stats, coz if does I wont bother trying.

No stats on the costumes.. there are also quite a few available for in game cash as well.. so you dont really need to spend a penny..

spending money on item mall isn't really an issue. Even the location is not the issue here. it's me! I'm just sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo picky