Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Having a blast

Comments

• DoogiehowserDoogiehowser Member Posts: 1,873

Hmm so fans are not goign to question credibility of OP, his low post account etc etc? ofcourse not we don't do that when someone praises GW2 ;= kinda like that guy who mentioned that any poll which shows GW2 in negative light is a troll poll where as any poll which shows GW2 winning game of the year award is the only credible ones (lol)!!

Anyways, i am glad you are having funOP, majority of us were too having a 'blast' during first month of game play.

"The problem is that the hardcore folks always want the same thing: 'We want exactly what you gave us before, but it has to be completely different.'
    -Jesse Schell

"Online gamers are the most ludicrously entitled beings since Caligula made his horse a senator, and at least the horse never said anything stupid."
    -Luke McKinney

• TorgrimTorgrim Member CommonPosts: 2,088
    Originally posted by Doogiehowser

Hmm so fans are not goign to question credibility of OP, his low post account etc etc? ofcourse not we don't do that when someone praises GW2 ;= kinda like that guy who mentioned that any poll which shows GW2 in negative light is a troll poll where as any poll which shows GW2 winning game of the year award is the only credible ones (lol)!!

Anyways, i am glad you are having funOP, majority of us were too having a 'blast' during first month of game play.

Maby beacuse those low post account haters rarely say anything worth reading, usually It's sucks, It's a wow clone, nothing new been done before ect.

If a low post player write a geniun post how he feels the game sucks then yes I would congrat him for it and say hope you find a game you enjoy.

If it's not broken, you are not innovating.

Originally posted by Torgrim

Maby beacuse those low post account haters rarely say anything worth reading, usually It's sucks, It's a wow clone, nothing new been done before ect.

If a low post player write a geniun post how he feels the game sucks then yes I would congrat him for it and say hope you find a game you enjoy.

It never is when they are saying something negative about your favorite game. And this is not somethign exclusive to GW2 boards.  Genuine or not as if fans are going to give the guy a chance if his post is negative.

"The problem is that the hardcore folks always want the same thing: 'We want exactly what you gave us before, but it has to be completely different.'
    -Jesse Schell

"Online gamers are the most ludicrously entitled beings since Caligula made his horse a senator, and at least the horse never said anything stupid."
    -Luke McKinney

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798
    Originally posted by EccentricPenguin
    I play on Gate of Madness. I'd xfer over to JQ but it's listed as full.

regarding server transfers

it is possible but you need to wait for the right moment

when I transferred to Stormbluff Isle, it seemed always full except around 5am EST on Sunday morning image

• dimnikardimnikar Member Posts: 271
    Originally posted by paulytheb

3-4 weeks is cool.

Let us know how you feel after 3-4 months.

I survived wow for 4 years, I'm sure I'll still be having fun with GW2 for quite some time. 

Yeah... no, it doesn't quite work that way :) Just like it didn't with WAR, AOC, AION, SWTOR, TERA, TSW, etc, etc, etc...

Glad you're getting SOME enjoyment out of your purchase, however! Honestly, I am. That's what games are supposed to do.

• VolkonVolkon Member UncommonPosts: 3,748
    Originally posted by Toxia
    Originally posted by paulytheb

3-4 weeks is cool.

Let us know how you feel after 3-4 months.

been playing since launch, still feel the same way! :D

Same here. image

image  Pic's about a week or two old. 

Oderint, dum metuant.

• Originally posted by Doogiehowser

You can question my credibility all you want. I was just giving my opinion on the game since I started playing it. Maybe it's because I played WOW for so long and got burnt out that I am enjoying GW2 so much, because it's something fresh. Will the enjoyment run out? Probably at some point. Are there things I don't like about the game? Sure, nothing is perfect. However, I am loving the pvp right now, which is weird because I loathed pvp when playing wow. In no way am I saying GW2 is the messiah of mmorpg's or that it's better than any other mmo out there, it's simply my opinion that I am enjoying my time with it, and hope it lasts.

• VolkonVolkon Member UncommonPosts: 3,748
    Originally posted by remyburke
    Great game, until you hit 80 after like 40 hours played and quickly realize...that's pretty much it.

That's not entirely accurate. At least not for everyone. You can wrack up lots of hours in WvW for example, or running Fractals (which I find to be extremely well done and fun), working towards completions or legendaries, etc.

Oderint, dum metuant.

• XithrylXithryl Member UncommonPosts: 256

I recently got back into GW2 and I am loving it, a few friends all started playing it as well they are all liking it. My favorite thing about GW2 so far has been that I never look at my XP bar, I don't care about I'm just busy doing events and such, even in dungeons I am just constatly paying attention to the world and making sure my team is up.

Anyways I'm really happy you are enjoying the game... I'm really looking forward to what the big Jan/Feb/Mar updates bring to the game :)

• XithrylXithryl Member UncommonPosts: 256

You can question my credibility all you want. I was just giving my opinion on the game since I started playing it. Maybe it's because I played WOW for so long and got burnt out that I am enjoying GW2 so much, because it's something fresh. Will the enjoyment run out? Probably at some point. Are there things I don't like about the game? Sure, nothing is perfect. However, I am loving the pvp right now, which is weird because I loathed pvp when playing wow. In no way am I saying GW2 is the messiah of mmorpg's or that it's better than any other mmo out there, it's simply my opinion that I am enjoying my time with it, and hope it lasts.

Don't have to explain yourself, You are enjoying a game and wanted to share it with people, I'm happy for you, honestly this is prolly why most posts are negative posts because when someone has something to say they just get flamed anyway.

Let us continue enjoying yourself. I think its a perfect time for us to get into it, big patches are incoming for the next couple of months. and there are talks of an expansion coming. Plus there is no Sub fee, so if you want to go back to WoW (I'm currently subbed) your still just paying that monthly fee there.

I love it, you love it, keep on gaming!!

I think you missed ths sarcasm in my post.

I could care les if you are enoying the game or not. I am just pointing out the double standards that you often see on these boards.

-Jesse Schell

-Luke McKinney

• rodingorodingo Member RarePosts: 2,870

I could care les if you are enoying the game or not. I am just pointing out the double standards that you often see on these boards.

The double standard is that YOU, someone who hardly has more posts than the OP when you compare it to a lot of the posters on this site with thousands of posts, is bringing up the question of validity due to post count. 

I will now question you credibility.  ...    Are you credible? image

Since you are technically not saying anything negative about GW2, then I'm not part of that double standard you were refering too in your post.

"If I offended you, you needed it" -Corey Taylor

Originally posted by rodingo

The double standard is that YOU, someone who hardly has more posts than the OP when you compare it to a lot of the posters on this site with thousands of posts, is bringing up the question of validity due to post count. 

I will now question you credibility.  ...    Are you credible? image

Since you are technically not saying anything negative about GW2, then I'm not part of that double standard you were refering too in your post.

And why you think i brought up this point? i don't knwo how being sarcastic about double standards make me someone with double standards.

*rolls eyes*

-Jesse Schell

-Luke McKinney

• Lovely_LalyLovely_Laly Member UncommonPosts: 734

I got great fun 1st week too.=D
    Lets look how you'll do after 3 months.
    I believe that any game would be boring after 4 years of non stop playing, I can max stay like 2 years or so then need to do anything new.

try before buy, even if it's a game to avoid bad surprises.
    Worst surprises for me: Aion, GW2

• pedrostrikpedrostrik Member UncommonPosts: 396

Originally posted by rodingo

Originally posted by remyburke Great game, until you hit 80 after like 40 hours played and quickly realize...that's pretty much it.
    The thing I'm looking forward to the most is hitting 80 and doing large quantities of WVW :D I'll look for you in game soon, Toxia.
    WVW is a blast at 80.  WvW is my "end game" as well since I have never been a raider, nor someone who needs to be shovel fed PVE content to make me happy.  It's just more fun going up against the "living" and using skill instead of uber gear that was recieved in some time sink raid.  I guess some PVE'ers might feel let down or not about Anet's version of endgame, but that's the same as people who only play CoD singleplayer and are left wanting more after a 5-7 hour campaign.  It's the PVP / WvW that makes this game shine. Well, for me at least.
    I m  with you m8, its WxWxW where this game shine, and its incredibly vicious, right now im playing 75% on PvP and rest some instance or some explore or Puzzle jumps
  • Heck I've been playing 3 weeks and my main (warrior) is only level 40 at the moment. I've been tyring out some other classes, just to see what's out there, as well as get to know them so I better know how to counter them in pvp. It's been a great time so far, and being B2P if I was to for some reason quit tomorrow, I've definately gotten my $ worth. Still trying to find a good time to transfer over to Jade Quarry, lol.
  • EsLafielEsLafiel Member Posts: 92
    Last time I check I was at 1050hrs on this game and I still find it fun and love playing it.(took a 10 day break in dec). Which really refreash the game for me.
  • ashleymorrowashleymorrow Member Posts: 176
    I started playing yesterday, having fun!
  • MargraveMargrave Member RarePosts: 1,362

Been playing GW2 since beta and still love it! I'm a huge alt-oholic so my goal is an 80 of every class. I'm also taking my time to enjoy the title and not rush it. No sub so no need to feel pressured to run through it.

Great to hear people are having a good time. So often forums are just for people to complain! It's why I try to not read game forums any more. Too much hate.

I said try....

• Just wanted to update the thread and let everyone know that I am still having a blast, lol. I haven't done any yet, but I'm looking forward to checking out the jumping puzzles. I heard they are pretty sweet.
  • YaevinduskYaevindusk Member RarePosts: 2,094

The game's well made no matter how you slice it.  The detail is fantastic, the world feels like it's living.  I expected to only play the game for my first play through much like beating all the campaigns on GWs, but I just find myself clicking the icon to load it up whenever I sit down just out of natural tendancy.

The simple things really speak to me, the character's interaction on the ground and how it accounts for level plane, the rustling of grass and bushes and you run by.  The lively cities that are a joy to run across...

My only dislike is the existence of the Triforge Amulet and how it is vastly superior to everything for a MF set (or even some other sets).  The game can't seem to decide if it wants powerful items that are rare, or just cosmetic ones that are easy to get.  I'm definitely disappointed on that account, as I was anticipating it would follow the same path of GW where all of the max level armor just had a defense number and a single rune to enhance it, and not all of these different stats, the introduction of the ascended items (no matter how modest they are) and accessories such as the Triforge.

I can definitely understand what some are saying that any negative feedback is attacked without a chance, as I personally saw such from someone who had the arrogance to proclaim that his experience with a necromancer made him all knowing for other classes, including the warrior (ignore feature is our friend).  

People just attack without reading or thinking and it's sad; though the same could be said for people who do attack the game in a fashion not befitting a genuine dislike and just blind hatred that, more often than not, barely even played the game in question (whatever it is).

On a personal note, I would've called the game near perfect if they included the armor thing above, had quest hubs with minor stories for the area (the hearts and events just aren't a proper replacement to me as a personal preference), in addition to having large scaled boss fights that you could trigger whenever you want (via instance perhaps; this is not meant to replace the world ones, but in addition to) so that people with busy schedules can partake in some big time stuff with very large groups as well.

Due to frequent travel in my youth, English isn't something I consider my primary language (and thus I obtained quirky ways of writing).  German and French were always easier for me despite my family being U.S. citizens for over a century.  Spanish I learned as a requirement in school, Japanese and Korean I acquired for my youthful desire of anime and gaming (and also work now).  I only debate in English to help me work with it (and limit things).  In addition, I'm not smart enough to remain fluent in everything and typically need exposure to get in the groove of things again if I haven't heard it in a while.  If you understand Mandarin, I know a little, but it has actually been a challenge and could use some help.

Also, I thoroughly enjoy debates and have accounts on over a dozen sites for this.  If you wish to engage in such, please put effort in a post and provide sources -- I will then do the same with what I already wrote (if I didn't) as well as with my responses to your own.  Expanding my information on a subject makes my stance either change or strengthen the next time I speak of it or write a thesis.  Allow me to thank you sincerely for your time.
  • Here's a question which I haven't really seemed to be able to find an answer for. Why are there magic find sets in GW2? The only other game I've played with MF sets was Diablo 3. What exactly does the MF sets help you have a better chance of finding? I'm assuming a better shot at getting rare drops?
  • Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686

Well, just started another toon last week (mesmer) and i am having a blast with it all over again.  Everywhere i go there are people to join on your adventures, in all zones you can find people easilly. In the evening there are only small queues (couple of minutes) for WvWvW.  And i am playing since beta.

There is just so much sarcasme in my post 

/sarcasmon

/sarcasmoff

So since you can not use my postcount to question my credibillity, what reason do you have to make my opinion look like something untrue?

Yes to me and many many other casual players this game is still the best thing since vanilla WoW, EQ and DAoC-

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• ThomasN7ThomasN7 87.18.7.148Member CommonPosts: 6,690
    I just started GW2 around three weeks ago (playing a warrior), and I'm having a blast. I played WOW for around 4 years or so, and just hit a wall with it, and couldn't even bring myself to log in. Since picking up GW2 I've been having a blast leveling, crafting, exploring, and especially doing loads of PVP. I think one of the things helping me along and keeping it fun is not reading a lot of the hype or hate threads about the game, and just letting the experience take me.

Have you ever played the original Guild Wars ?

• No I never got the chance to play GW1 at all.