Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Some of the reason I play TSW

Skooma2Skooma2 Member UncommonPosts: 697
It's the little things that count:

1.  Every other game had traditional holiday themed events.  TSW had Mayan zombies and Harbingers of the End

Days popping out of the ground and roaming the landscape beginning 12/21 and lasting 2 1/2 weeks.

2.  There are no gold farmers, because that is not how the economy works.

3.  There are no bots, because there is nothing for a bot to do.

4.  There is an NPC named Moonbeam Schwartz.  She doesn't seem to do anything but stand in the hippie camp.  I

don't know why I'm fascinated by the name; but, I am.

5.  No injuries from falling.

6.  There is an emote called /dance_gangnam_style

7.  Dungeons have very few trash mobs.  It's just like going from boss to boss.

8.  Built-in browser to help with investigation missions.

9.  There is no handholding.

Hedonismbot: Your latest performance was as delectable as dipping my bottom over and over into a bath of the silkiest oils and creams.

Comments

• TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

I like that there is no subscription, so I can put the game down and pick it up whenever I want, without feeling like I need to play to get my money's worth.

I like how the different skill sets work together. Rather than forcing a player to choose between arbitrary skill sets, the players choose the skills that work best for their play style and which are most effective.

Will have to see about future zones, but the first zone is both large and open. If this is their general plan, I like it.

The questing, quests and progression are not dependent on where you are in a zone. By this I mean in a 'normal' theme park game, you know how far you've progressed by the particular quest hub you're getting quests from. It doesn't work like that with TSW. You can run around taking quests from whomever has the most interesting quests or pick up quests in the areas that seem the most interesting.

While the skills, quests and the world are very free form, there is still a sense of progression.

I haven't seen or heard any gold farmers, so that's good.

The overall difficulty level of the game is higher than most MMORPG. It requires a bit more patience, and a good bit more reading. At the same time, you can just experiment with builds on your own, and mostly I think it will work out OK.

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

• OrtwigOrtwig Member UncommonPosts: 1,163

I like that there's high and low difficulty content within the same zone (airport zombies in kingsmouth)

I like the cut scenes, especially Nassir in Egypt -- some of the funniest around....

I love that I get to translate Egyptian hieroglyphics, Latin from the Vulgate Bible, morse code, demonic symbols and ciphers from Edgar Allen Poe stories

I like figuring out my builds and the fact that I need to understand them in order to get past certain mobs

I like that the game has a learning curve

I like the 3-factions, especially those crazy chaos theorists...