Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Don't waste your money on this game

Comments

• rendusrendus Member UncommonPosts: 329
    Originally posted by Karu403

from what ive seen, World War II Online: Battleground Europe has some hardcore haters in this forum, which signifies the true awesomeness that is Battleground Europe.

On what planet does that even make sense?  Help me out here someone.  Pittpete, can you explain how the above works?? 

• david06david06 Member Posts: 183

haters love to hate, all games have them. to see how good a game truly is, you have to look and see how much the haters spam forums. i mean, a game that is worthless, the haters post hate comments and then go away relativly quick.

when a game is awesome, the haters will continue to hate for years on end trying to make the game fail.

from what ive seen, World War II Online: Battleground Europe has some hardcore haters in this forum, which signifies the true awesomeness that is Battleground Europe.

They solicited donations on the fact that they were a small developer working on a niche title.

They then spent years working on side projects and a poor Call of Duty 2 clone. When players complained that their money had been misused the response from CRS was "You paid a subscription fee for a service and we are a business, you are not entitled to anything else."

Now that everything else failed miserably CRS is pulling the same line as before. This is the main source of the anger, that and the fact that CRS employees don't even bother to hide their contempt for their subscribers.

• UristMcDwarfUristMcDwarf Member UncommonPosts: 111

haters love to hate, all games have them.

to see how good a game truly is, you have to look and see how much the haters spam forums. i mean, a game that is worthless, the haters post hate comments and then go away relativly quick.

when a game is awesome, the haters will continue to hate for years on end trying to make the game fail.

If that's true then that must mean The War Z is the best game of all time. image

Currently Playing:
    nothing :(

• StugStug Member UncommonPosts: 387
    Heh - I played War Z and...its quite similar to WWIIOL - player driven.
  • StugStug Member UncommonPosts: 387
    Originally posted by david06

Now that everything else failed miserably CRS is pulling the same line as before. This is the main source of the anger, that and the fact that CRS employees don't even bother to hide their contempt for their subscribers.

So, a bit like you if thats the case?

You've failed misrably at enjoying the game, you know?

• Company0Company0 Member Posts: 36

haters love to hate, all games have them. to see how good a game truly is, you have to look and see how much the haters spam forums. i mean, a game that is worthless, the haters post hate comments and then go away relativly quick.

They solicited donations on the fact that they were a small developer working on a niche title.

They then spent years working on side projects and a poor Call of Duty 2 clone. When players complained that their money had been misused the response from CRS was "You paid a subscription fee for a service and we are a business, you are not entitled to anything else."

Its not the same line as before though. Also, truth be told, you have no more right to choose how a company develops then the rest of us. If you think you do, go tell Blizzard how they should develop their game. Right now though, they are soliciting donations to things we can see. As I type this, I see the MMORPG WWIIOL advertisement next to my screen, flashing through. The money is being spent as advertised. We are choosing to back the advertising project or not with money.

• mrcheapymrcheapy Member Posts: 56
    Originally posted by Company0

Its not the same line as before though. Also, truth be told, you have no more right to choose how a company develops then the rest of us. If you think you do, go tell Blizzard how they should develop their game. Right now though, they are soliciting donations to things we can see. As I type this, I see the MMORPG WWIIOL advertisement next to my screen, flashing through. The money is being spent as advertised. We are choosing to back the advertising project or not with money.

how many people did crs get with the pay 100 bucks for early access to that abysmal game called RA

• depot12depot12 Member Posts: 156
    As I type this, I see the MMORPG WWIIOL advertisement next to my screen,

Really? Anyone can confirm this? Ive asked multiple times and no comments. You got a screen shot?

Yeah, I see it as well.

They dont seem to have a problem getting players to try the game.

What they have is a problem keeping players, and more importantly, paying money.   On that front, CRS is not doing so hot

Originally posted by depot12

What they have is a problem keeping players, and more importantly, paying money.   On that front, CRS is not doing so hot

Now see that leads to an interesting discussion.  What needs to change to bring in/keep paying subscribers.  I tried to steer the conversation into that direction earlier in this thread but even the idea there is a problem with retention was met with resistance.  

What would it take to bring back a past subscriber?  What would it take to bring in the first time subscriber?  The former, probably a lower sub fee for existing accounts.  The latter, I don't know....the graphics alone are a major turnoff to folks judging by what they say on other forums and on the greenlight page.

Originally posted by rendus

They dont seem to have a problem getting players to try the game. What they have is a problem keeping players, and more importantly, paying money.   On that front, CRS is not doing so hot

Now see that leads to an interesting discussion.  What needs to change to bring in/keep paying subscribers.  I tried to steer the conversation into that direction earlier in this thread but even the idea there is a problem with retention was met with resistance.  

What would it take to bring back a past subscriber?  What would it take to bring in the first time subscriber?  The former, probably a lower sub fee for existing accounts.  The latter, I don't know....the graphics alone are a major turnoff to folks judging by what they say on other forums and on the greenlight page.

Former subscribers (not entirely sure the cutoff date on that) were offered a deal where they could rejoin for something like 9.99, have full access to every unit in the game, and pay that 9.99 monthly. They would keep the discounted pricing as long as they kept an active subscription.

Former subscribers (not entirely sure the cutoff date on that) were offered a deal where they could rejoin for something like 9.99, have full access to every unit in the game, and pay that 9.99 monthly. They would keep the discounted pricing as long as they kept an active subscription.

That offer no longer stands, If I'm reading the subscription page right.  Why make it for only a limited time?  I guess it sucks to be the guy who missed out on the deal.  Day One player who missed the special sale?  $17.99 for you buddy. pay me!!  Yes, I know you can commit  for months at a time for less money, but I'm locked in enough with everything else, not going to do it with a game. 

• aRtFuLThinGaRtFuLThinG Member UncommonPosts: 1,387
    On your Planetside 2 remark, they also have a credit/cash shop. I'd LOVE to see the response on these forums if they implemented something like that. The collective knee-jerk over here might send egos into the atmosphere. Planetside 2 also has no supply levels on troops and infinite tanks/planes assuming you have the resources. Is that something else that should be implemented in WWIIOl BE in your opinion?

And yet, Planetside (both 1 & 2) has more success then WWII Online. That seems to say something (along the lines that the market is there and is NOT niche, it was just that WWIIO was not done properly).

Also, you seem to have simplified PS2's mechanic, make it less complicated just to make your point that it is not as "hardcore" a war sim as WWII Online, which is simply not true.

Originally posted by Stug

PS1 and 2 are also both player driven, so I seriously doubt that is the cause of there current state if that's what you are implying.

The only thing that is similar between WarZ and WWII Online (and also MO) is how they treat their customers and they way they deal with bugs.

• wrath04wrath04 Member Posts: 89
    Originally posted by aRtFuLThinG
    On your Planetside 2 remark, they also have a credit/cash shop. I'd LOVE to see the response on these forums if they implemented something like that. The collective knee-jerk over here might send egos into the atmosphere. Planetside 2 also has no supply levels on troops and infinite tanks/planes assuming you have the resources. Is that something else that should be implemented in WWIIOl BE in your opinion?

And yet, Planetside (both 1 & 2) has more success then WWII Online. That seems to say something (along the lines that the market is there and is NOT niche, it was just that WWIIO was not done properly).

Also, you seem to have simplified PS2's mechanic, make it less complicated just to make your point that it is not as "hardcore" a war sim as WWII Online, which is simply not true.

PS1 and 2 are also both player driven, so I seriously doubt that is the cause of there current state if that's what you are implying.

The only thing that is similar between WarZ and WWII Online (and also MO) is how they treat their customers and they way they deal with bugs.

All that Text lol and you never ANSWERED his question But you did manage to state a few facts wrapped up inside alot of Opinions! gj mate! 

• david06david06 Member Posts: 183

Originally posted by david06 Now that everything else failed miserably CRS is pulling the same line as before. This is the main source of the anger, that and the fact that CRS employees don't even bother to hide their contempt for their subscribers.
    So, a bit like you if thats the case? You've failed misrably at enjoying the game, you know?

Was there supposed to be a point to your post? I'm not the one who abandoned my flagship product and staked everything on a WW2-themed arena shooter, one so poor that it does not compete with titles from 2002 or free mods, let alone recent releases.

I just put out a FYI, a little red flag for anyone who might still be duped by this small indie studio. You should probably spend more time improving your product rather than belittling your critics or other games.

Originally posted by david06 Now that everything else failed miserably CRS is pulling the same line as before. This is the main source of the anger, that and the fact that CRS employees don't even bother to hide their contempt for their subscribers.
    So, a bit like you if thats the case? You've failed misrably at enjoying the game, you know?

Was there supposed to be a point to your post? I'm not the one who abandoned my flagship product and staked everything on a WW2-themed arena shooter, one so poor that it does not compete with titles from 2002 or free mods, let alone recent releases.

I just put out a FYI, a little red flag for anyone who might still be duped by this small indie studio. You should probably spend more time improving your product rather than belittling your critics or other games.

How would anyone be DUPED by trying it out for FREE? Another Great post david.

That offer no longer stands, If I'm reading the subscription page right.  Why make it for only a limited time?  I guess it sucks to be the guy who missed out on the deal.  Day One player who missed the special sale?  $17.99 for you buddy. pay me!!  Yes, I know you can commit  for months at a time for less money, but I'm locked in enough with everything else, not going to do it with a game. 

To my knowledge, it was done only for a limited time as a christmas special offer/deal. With limited deals, you miss, your out. I don't go complain to tigerdirect/newegg/bestbuy that I missed a sale on a graphics card because I didn't learn about it.

Further, on the limited time offer, theres an element of "Well, if they're getting a deal I should be getting one too" etc. As such, it was a christmas offer for those who still checked up with the game/kept their emails current, since to my knowledge (I'm not directly involved but aware of it) emails were sent out too advertising the deal.

It does suck to have missed the deal. Your status though as a Day One Player shouldn't mean jack diddily to a publisher/developer. Congrats, you've been around longer then most of us. Why does that entitle you to special privileges? If it suddenly did mean jack diddily to a publisher/developer, that means they are saying other subscribers don't matter as much to them as those who have unsubscribed from the game in the past. Which would be somewhat silly don't you think? That the deal got offered was enough of a bone in my opinion. The rest of us pay for it at the rates they offer 100% of the time (Prepay, 3 month contract, month to month). Why should they charge a higher rate to new people and a lower rate to older?

To my knowledge, it was done only for a limited time as a christmas special offer/deal. With limited deals, you miss, your out. I don't go complain to tigerdirect/newegg/bestbuy that I missed a sale on a graphics card because I didn't learn about it.

Further, on the limited time offer, theres an element of "Well, if they're getting a deal I should be getting one too" etc. As such, it was a christmas offer for those who still checked up with the game/kept their emails current, since to my knowledge (I'm not directly involved but aware of it) emails were sent out too advertising the deal.

It does suck to have missed the deal. Your status though as a Day One Player shouldn't mean jack diddily to a publisher/developer. Congrats, you've been around longer then most of us. Why does that entitle you to special privileges? If it suddenly did mean jack diddily to a publisher/developer, that means they are saying other subscribers don't matter as much to them as those who have unsubscribed from the game in the past. Which would be somewhat silly don't you think? That the deal got offered was enough of a bone in my opinion. The rest of us pay for it at the rates they offer 100% of the time (Prepay, 3 month contract, month to month). Why should they charge a higher rate to new people and a lower rate to older?

Except Tigerdirect is not about to go under due to lack of graphics cards sales.  The higer sub price for existing accounts is one of the sticking points keeping prior players away.  Why not remove that obstacle permanently instead of just for a limited time? 

I'm sorry I said "day one player" to make my point.  I had in my mind someone who hasn't played the game in a long while but used to be a decdicated player back in the day.  Substitute day one player with prior subscriber if you like, it makes the same point and doesn't imply privilege.  Which comes down to your last sentence.  They shouldn't charge different rates for new vs old people.  It should be a flat rate across the board.  I think the industry average is $14.99.  The tier thing they have now is ok, but when your premium tier is that out of line with the average, no way.  And the population reflects that.

• pittpetepittpete Member Posts: 233

Yes everyone, save your $$$$ by not playing a game that is free

The MMOG police are here to save you......LOL

Originally posted by pittpete

I believe CRS's official stance on F2P is that if you do, you are a freeloader and baggage.

Your status though as a Day One Player shouldn't mean jack diddily to a publisher/developer. Congrats, you've been around longer then most of us. Why does that entitle you to special privileges? If it suddenly did mean jack diddily to a publisher/developer, that means they are saying other subscribers don't matter as much to them as those who have unsubscribed from the game in the past. Which would be somewhat silly don't you think?

Because we have been around alot longer than you, and have heard promise after promise from the rats.  We are tired of it.  And yea I do think taht we do expect something a little special having most of us supported the team since day one.   Maybe we are just tired of it at this point.  The Jesus-on-the-cross responses from CRS get a little old after a while.

Originally posted by pittpete

I believe CRS's official stance on F2P is that if you do, you are a freeloader and baggage.

Man you guys sure took an off the cuff remark and went with it didn't you...When I hitch my wagon to a remark, I usually make sure it's more scandalous than this. Guess I just have thicker skin than you. Evolution's a bummer sometimes I think :)

Except Tigerdirect is not about to go under due to lack of graphics cards sales.  The higer sub price for existing accounts is one of the sticking points keeping prior players away.  Why not remove that obstacle permanently instead of just for a limited time? 

I'm sorry I said "day one player" to make my point.  I had in my mind someone who hasn't played the game in a long while but used to be a decdicated player back in the day.  Substitute day one player with prior subscriber if you like, it makes the same point and doesn't imply privilege.  Which comes down to your last sentence.  They shouldn't charge different rates for new vs old people.  It should be a flat rate across the board.  I think the industry average is $14.99.  The tier thing they have now is ok, but when your premium tier is that out of line with the average, no way.  And the population reflects that.

I'll happily keep this discussion up with you Rendus, since it's one that certainly needs to be discussed.

Do you think the 17% decrease in price would bring a corresponding 17% increase in paying subscribers, hopefully in a reasonable amount of time? Otherwise it literally might kill the company, especially after F2P ended up costing some subscribers.
    Company0 how do you know F2P (freeloaders) cut into subscriptions?
This discussion has been closed.