Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Will you pay 60$ for the new expansion?

12357

Comments

  • daltaniousdaltanious waMember Posts: 2,282 Uncommon
    I'm very very happy with gw2 and new expansion would be more then worth this ammount. I'm not rich but I was never "cheap" kind of person.
  • PaRoXiTiCPaRoXiTiC Denison, TXMember Posts: 585 Uncommon

    I hate to say it, but no I will not be buying the expansion. Like most people on this site I think I am deep down a sanboxer and I had fun in GW2, but I don't wanna support Themepark anymore. Plus, all they are gonna do is add the same type of content which is pretty pointless and the newness of the game is already gone.

    I see no reason to continue with GW2.

  • darkbamydarkbamy MetropolisMember Posts: 111 Uncommon

    short and simple

     

    NO

  • PtrickPtrick League City, TXMember Posts: 1
    I would pay 60 but I seriusly doubt it will be 60 maybe 25 or 30 but its not gonna be 60 I would be superised
  • loulakiloulaki PatrasMember Posts: 938 Uncommon
    and if there is a good CE i will buy it : )

    image

  • sherlockiamasherlockiama Canton, MAMember Posts: 4

    I personally know nothing about GW2 at all, and never intend to. I wouldn't give NCSOFT another $.05 of my money if they were the last game providers on earth. 

    A very disgruntled former NCSOFT gamer.

  • simpliussimplius nakskovMember Posts: 1,128 Uncommon

    gladly,,seeing what i would get from the competion for the same

    they would have to fail BIG TIME to not be worth it

  • ennymithennymith Goodwell, CTMember Posts: 119 Uncommon

    The only thing I would give Anet $60 for now would be for a chance to off Trahearne.

    Why pay for more of the same, which in this case is the same old tired grind and cash shop gamblefest Asia loves to produce, when most of that market is going F2P?

    I doubt there will ever be another buy to play effort out of NCSoft. 

    My guess is GW2 will be going free to play anytime now.

  • xalvixalvi brooklyn, NYMember Posts: 329

    Unfortunatly no.

    The game is just bad in terms of PvP, but great in everything else. Unless there is an insane change in their pvp system nothing would bring me back.

     

    On the bright side, i think ANET is an awesome company. They aren't scums or d*cks, which other company do you know offer you a refund past 3-4month into the game? I have high respect for ANET (even though their class balancing and pvp is fail) and wouldn't mind trying other games they have.

  • cptndunselcptndunsel Orlando, FLMember Posts: 136 Uncommon

    not a chance.

    game is still full of bugs which have been there since pre-release.

    no end game.

    wvw and spvp get boring quickly.

    dungeon grind for tokens for gear with same stats as crafted gear - just a time sink.

    all the special events to-date have had major issues.

    anet is not a very friendly group and have a very heavy hand in their forums.

    I don't see the point of wasting $ for more of the same. I leveled 3 to 80 and ... yeah, bored to death now.

  • SereliskSerelisk somewhere, NYMember Posts: 836

    I feel like this is a loaded poll. Without a "Let me see the result" or "I don't play the game" option, you're definitely going to get response skewed heavily in favor of no. 

    That being said, I voted yes because I like the game and my expectation of the content ArenaNet would deliver in an expansion would be well worth $60. 

  • jdlamson75jdlamson75 Jacksonville, FLMember Posts: 997 Uncommon
    I stopped playing about a month after release, and have no plans on going back.  So my "no" answer really doesn't count, as I have no intention of reinstalling the game anyway.  Really, I'm not even sure why I'm posting here.  Help me.  Please.
  • ValentinaValentina Los Angeles, CAMember Posts: 1,748 Uncommon
    It won't be 60 dollars, lol...Maybe 40.
  • grndzrogrndzro Reno, NVMember Posts: 1,117 Uncommon
    not just no but f-no. I'm not stupid enough to give them money twice.
  • bliss14bliss14 eleva, WIMember Posts: 568 Uncommon

    Bravo you have managed to generate 13 - edit: sorry, 12 - pages and counting of nothing.  People who hate the game say no, people who like the game say yes with a few who say depending on content.    Terrible poll - or excellent if this is what you intended as I am pretty sure you did. 

     

  • HrimnirHrimnir Qeynos, COMember Posts: 2,215 Rare
    Yeah, i read that thread title and the first word that popped into my head as a modifier for "no" started with an F and sounded a lot like the word pluck.

    "The surest way to corrupt a youth is to instruct him to hold in higher esteem those who think alike than those who think differently."

    - Friedrich Nietzsche

  • khameleonkhameleon Member Posts: 443 Uncommon

    GW2 was the biggest disappointment to me of 2012. I played even Diablo 3 more and enjoyed it more than GW2.

    I wil not buy any of the expansions unless they are all bundled together on steam one day or something, this game is dead to me, havent logged on in months and already got secret world for $12.99 and enjoyed that mroe than GW2 also.....

    GAME TIL YOU DIE!!!!

  • HrimnirHrimnir Qeynos, COMember Posts: 2,215 Rare
    Originally posted by khameleon
    GW2 was the biggest disappointment to me of 2012. I played even Diablo 3 more and enjoyed it more than GW2. I wil not buy any of the expansions unless they are all bundled together on steam one day or something, this game is dead to me, havent logged on in months and already got secret world for $12.99 and enjoyed that mroe than GW2 also.....

    They were both pretty bad IMO.  I'd say diablo 3 was the bigger dissapointment, since at least MOST of what GW2 was about was made clear in the beginning, it just didnt occur to you how badly the idea worked until you actually played it extensively.

    Diablo 3 had all kinds of hidden bullshit that you didnt find out about til longer after you bought the game and invested time in it.  Only to realize that the fun parts of an ARPG don't exist in Diablo 3.

    "The surest way to corrupt a youth is to instruct him to hold in higher esteem those who think alike than those who think differently."

    - Friedrich Nietzsche

  • IPolygonIPolygon ViennaMember Posts: 707 Uncommon
    Depends on the content and the updates made to the game.
  • GoromhirGoromhir portland, ORMember Posts: 385 Uncommon

    NCSoft/Anet doesnt care about the people on their forums since weeks. All they do is deleteing or moving postings.

    They dont react to good suggestions, they currently dont give a ratsass about their customers.

     

    Everyone will see that if the expansion release gets close that suddenly all the friendly  listening Moderators and Developers are back to talk about player concerns.

     

    After the expansions has been sold for a few weeks they will go back to Business as usuall and give another ratsass about their customers until another expansion comes out.......

     

    This company has completly failed in customer relationship. They are only nice and helpfull when they have something new to make profit.

     

    Their Motto is "Once they paid, ignore them......until next time "

     

  • VolkonVolkon Sterling, VAMember Posts: 3,788 Uncommon
    Originally posted by Goromhir
    NCSoft/Anet doesnt care about the people on their forums since weeks. All they do is deleteing or moving postings. They dont react to good suggestions, they currently dont give a ratsass about their customers.   Everyone will see that if the expansion release gets close that suddenly all the friendly  listening Moderators and Developers are back to talk about player concerns.   After the expansions has been sold for a few weeks they will go back to Business as usuall and give another ratsass about their customers until another expansion comes out.......   This company has completly failed in customer relationship. They are only nice and helpfull when they have something new to make profit.   Their Motto is "Once they paid, ignore them......until next time "  

     

    Then after reading the above drivel you see a thread like this where the devs are going out of their way to communicate with the fans about the happenings in the game...

    Oderint, dum metuant.
    image

  • botrytisbotrytis In Flux, MIMember Posts: 2,608 Uncommon
    Originally posted by Goromhir
    NCSoft/Anet doesnt care about the people on their forums since weeks. All they do is deleteing or moving postings. They dont react to good suggestions, they currently dont give a ratsass about their customers.   Everyone will see that if the expansion release gets close that suddenly all the friendly  listening Moderators and Developers are back to talk about player concerns.   After the expansions has been sold for a few weeks they will go back to Business as usuall and give another ratsass about their customers until another expansion comes out.......   This company has completly failed in customer relationship. They are only nice and helpfull when they have something new to make profit.   Their Motto is "Once they paid, ignore them......until next time "  

    You obviously don't play the game or even read the official forums. A.Net does go out of their way to communicate but fans can be blind and hateful.

     

     

    image

    "In 50 years, when I talk to my grandchildren about these days, I'll make sure to mention what an accomplished MMO player I was. They are going to be so proud ..."
    by Naqaj - 7/17/2013 MMORPG.com forum

  • NBlitzNBlitz ZwolleMember Posts: 1,904
    Originally posted by uknortherner
    Well, what a surprise. As soon as I saw the thread author's name, I knew that this would be a drive-by baiting thread, and surprise, surprise... It is. What a sad and pathetic life he must live.

    A what now? Drive-by baiting thread? What the funk did I just read. 

    It's in the GW2 subforums, no?

    It's a simple question, no?

    What if the results had been +60% Yes. Would it still have been baiting then according to you? If not, why isn't the inverse true? Forget completely for a second who the OP was.

  • NBlitzNBlitz ZwolleMember Posts: 1,904
    Originally posted by Serelisk
    I feel like this is a loaded poll. Without a "Let me see the result" or "I don't play the game" option, you're definitely going to get response skewed heavily in favor of no.  That being said, I voted yes because I like the game and my expectation of the content ArenaNet would deliver in an expansion would be well worth $60. 

    Like Serelisk said. I'm missing a 3rd option.

  • uknortherneruknortherner ManchesterMember Posts: 16
    Originally posted by NBlitz
    Originally posted by uknortherner
    Well, what a surprise. As soon as I saw the thread author's name, I knew that this would be a drive-by baiting thread, and surprise, surprise... It is. What a sad and pathetic life he must live.

    A what now? Drive-by baiting thread? What the funk did I just read. 

    It's in the GW2 subforums, no?

    It's a simple question, no?

    What if the results had been +60% Yes. Would it still have been baiting then according to you? If not, why isn't the inverse true? Forget completely for a second who the OP was.

    Drive-by baiting in the sense that 1) He plucked a figure of $60 out of his backside, 2) His posting history with regards to GW2 is overwhelmingly negative, and 3) He hasn't returned to comment on the poll results so far, or has even attempted to pass along his own opnion on such matters.

    Therefore, a "drive-by baiting thread".

    EDIT: To answer your final point - yes, it would still have been baiting regardless of which side of the fence you sit on. The question posed is vague to the point of meaningless, so the result is irrelevent whether it's 60% one way or another. There is no context being offered here by the OP and he has singularly failed to contribute to this useless thread since he started it.

Sign In or Register to comment.