Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

An open letter to CRS

Since CRS likes to troll these forums and post to responses, I had some questions that have been asked on the official forums but they usually get a passive-aggressive response by DOC (if any) or locked.

What is the status of Rapid Assault? When is the RA server going back online? Its been over 3 weeks with ZERO answers in the forum.

What is the status of the Training Server? Will we ever get it back?

What is the status of the Wiki? Is it coming back?

What is the status of the official TS server? Is it coming back?

When is 1.35 planned to be released?

Do you plan on offering server credit going back to the 1.34 launch? For alot of us the game is just unplayable and we have been getting billed for a service we can't use?

Looking forward to hearing your response.

Comments

• Company0Company0 Member Posts: 36
    Originally posted by depot12

Since CRS likes to troll these forums and post to responses, I had some questions that have been asked on the official forums but they usually get a passive-aggressive response by DOC (if any) or locked.What is the status of Rapid Assault? When is the RA server going back online? Its been over 3 weeks with ZERO answers in the forum.What is the status of the Training Server? Will we ever get it back?What is the status of the Wiki? Is it coming back?What is the status of the official TS server? Is it coming back?When is 1.35 planned to be released?Do you plan on offering server credit going back to the 1.34 launch? For alot of us the game is just unplayable and we have been getting billed for a service we can't use?Looking forward to hearing your response.

I can answer most of these based on what has been posted on the forums. Note though, I am not a member of CRS, nor do I represent to be a such. Anything posted by me is my own viewpoint on your questions based on information I have heard, rumors and all.

RA is currently paused due to the lack of supply of coder resources, as you well know. Not that there are no resources, but they're busy currently focusing on the main game, on things like the stat server.

The training server is gone for now until further notice, as the resources were not there to keep it running. Don't expect it to come back any time soon.

The official TS3 is now the one rented by XOOM. The old TS3 server will probably not be returning.

1.35 will be released as soon as more coder resources open up. To my knowledge it's mostly done, but a client needs to be coded for it. They also probably want to bug test it beyond what they have.

Credit accounts? Why are you still subscribed if the game is unplayable for you? And if the reply is "to support the game" why do you want credit back? If it's to see the forums, then your paying for the forums. See the Terms of Service if you want any other information in regards to "credit" for unplayability.

• goflishgoflish Member UncommonPosts: 32

If you are serious and want real answers try asking your questions without first throwing out insults... (it makes you out to be the troll here)

• pittpetepittpete Member Posts: 233

I'm not CRS either, but you are really reaching now.

What do those issues you listed have to do with playing the current GAME?

You don't continue paying for a service if you no longer use it/enjoy it.

You aren't locked in to anything.

1.34 was over a year ago.

Things are straightened out now.

Let it go, breathe in,breathe outimage

• depot12depot12 Member Posts: 156
    Originally posted by pittpete

I'm not CRS either, but you are really reaching now.

What do those issues you listed have to do with playing the current GAME?

You don't continue paying for a service if you no longer use it/enjoy it.

You aren't locked in to anything.

1.34 was over a year ago.

Things are straightened out now.

Let it go, breathe in,breathe outimage

The invisible EI bug and multicrew bug are unacceptable to me. It ruins my fun. If you guys have a tolerance for that, no problem.  I am subscribed cause I resubscribed for a year and back then you paid in advance so I have had no chance for a refund. I do not want to play the game if it is going to be stuck in this indefinite state until they can get 4500 subscribers and from my estimates at the rate they are going is end of 2013.

And for the record axishatr and I never said dont play the game.  We have both said go ahead and do F2P and see the probelms for yourself.    All we are trying to do is warn people and give disclousure because they dont tell you over at the Playskewl forums. If you do ask, then muzzle you and/or depending on what xooms opinion is you get the ban hammer.   "Oh so you are a gold builder and dont like the direction of the game? Account closed".   All we are saying is decide if you want to pay $29.99 for it.   They will be all nice and make you promises and throw you a few bones with xoom spotting for you with the vulch cam so you get some easy kills against some players he doesnt personally like (the carrot)   Once CRS gets your money you are garbage to them and you get the stick.  They basically told us if we dont like the game to leave. We leave then its all of a sudden CRS is like hey guys this is no way to send us a message please stick with us for a little longer blah blah blah while they work on RA

I was thinking of coming back when 1.35 is out but with xoom there I decided I will only return if xoom and DOC are both gone.   You may  still like it but at some point it will get stale with no new content or development.  

Invisible EI bug and multicrew bug

Can't say I have experienced the invisible EI bug, but the multicrew one is annoying.

I wish they could remove it, but don't you think if they could they would?

It angers me if I see a lagging DB7 or stuka once in awhile, but would they not take it out purposely to aggravate players.

Every game has it's bugs and nuances.

If people keep leaving like you and the rest here claim they are, then theres no way to get anything fixed.

I've been paying since Feb. of 2003 and only took a few months off here and there but I keep coming back.

You seem like a pretty level-headed guy so why do you want to ruin my fun and anyone else who keeps subscribing?

I am subscribed cause I resubscribed for a year and back then you paid in advance so I have had no chance for a refund. 

Man that sucks, I can see why someone would be upset

All we are saying is decide if you want to pay $29.99 for it

It's free to play

If  a normal person doesn't like it, they don't go to a forum and crucify the developers.

They just uninstall it and move on.

If someone really likes it, they can get a sub for $9.99 a month.

Lunch at McDonalds will cost you at least 5 bucks

If  a normal person doesn't like it, they don't go to a forum and crucify the developers.

What developers? There aren't any developers to crucify.  There DOC, but he's not a developer as he doesn't seem to be able to do anything other than run his mouth evendent with 1.34 out almost 19 months with no bug fixes or updates.  They can't even get stats fixed without having to contract to RAMP.  

You just proved my point

• wrath04wrath04 Member Posts: 89

Please excuse this wall O" text but...

You don't really care Depot, do you?  I mean you aren't here to get answers really, are you? If you answers are yes and yes, I don't buy it IMO. I think you really just want to run this game into the ground and this is just another platform for you to do that and that's fine, don't get me wrong, everyone should have a say about what they like or dislike.

It's when you go that extra mile to try and get back at people you don't even know that makes you look real silly, and at  the people who actually like and play this game's expense. You think you only hurt the devs? Maybe you do, but you are also hurting the rest of us who play, and that makes you selfish.

Us "fanbois" as you guys like to refer to us as, are really just People, like you at one time, who love this game and don't want it to die. You can call us all the names here you want, but what it really is, is players who play this game defending what we love against former players who are mad at the DEVS and want it to die faster. Now you tell me who's in the "right" and who's in the "wrong" here?

I don't Dis-like you, or any of your friends here, I don't know you guys, but I do understand what you guys are doing and I still get why you would want to hurt us , who still play.

;Rendus, I was wrong to say you were a troll in the past ..I apologise for that assumption, although I do still disagree with the way you jump like a hawk in on people who want to know the status of the game and in a clever way ,tell them "it's dead JIM" . I just think that approach  is beneath you man and the true info that you are generally known for was lacking there..that's my 10 cents and I do apologise for calling you something you are clearly not.

Hey man like I said I am just interested in discolsure.  If you want to refudiate what I say fine.  I don't see alot of disagreeing with my facts - it appears that me bringing this up is my "vendedda".  Hey whatever.  If you like the game, great.  People just need to know what they are getting into.    

To be honest if you want to defend the game you should go over to the H&G forums its getting an order of mangnitude harsher beating over there than here.  This stuff is tame.   

I dont have anything against most of the players, I am just trying to give the brutual reality of the situation so someone else doesn't fall into the same rope-a-dope that I did.

Ok Depot, so I have a question for you then now that you seem reasonable, what do you mean by rope-a-dope? I know what that means ,but give me an example of how you were, I'm thinking you expected one thing and got another? or? 

Just curious how a person can feel so entitled when you the consumer, should know what you're getting into when you hit the sub button? I know when I make the decision buy something ,I feel like I should already know what I'm getting into before I actually buy it , and in this case you have made a decision you seem to regret for one reason or another and wish to tell the masses , is this correct?

I for one ,wouldn't mind hearing exactly what  has happened to you and  what you hope to gain. I've already seen what your message is...you hate the game and it's Devs, both of them as you say lol, but what led you to this? Was your money stolen,time wasted? What was it?

!S

• battleubattleu Member UncommonPosts: 18

I hope depot is a teenager. I hope...

Otherwise this and all the other post just got a lot more comical

• RigamortisRigamortis Member UncommonPosts: 207
    Wow...my one post got more activity in this forum then in the past several years.  I knew XOOM had a lot of fanbois...but wow,  to spam the entire first page with fandom posts is amazing.
    Former GM and associate game designer for SOE and Square Enix.  (2001-2008)

I'd like to also add this Depot...

I personally, think this game needs people like you, yeah that's right, you.

And those of you who have strong opinions about this game, you could be a catalyst for change rather than trying to end it here. I also realise you might be past all that and I feel sad about that,I really do. It's a shame some of the things we liked about the game were changed! I am still pissed about TOE's , AO's , Capture Mechanics, ect, ect... but nothing I personally do can change that so I had to change with it or leave it. I chose to stay because I found what drew me to this game wasn't just what was changed or not changed, but also the people in it. 

I'm not this Huge squad guy or even outspoken in chat/forums, and my forum post count is really small for as long as I've been here. But if someone is outside kicking your your dog's head in, what would you do? Stand at the window and watch untill you have a dead dog? or go out and stop it? I'm in this thread saying what I can to defend the game I love, before you do your best to try and kill it. I'd much rather you play the game  with/against me than play the forums against me. you know what I'm saying? 

I can't say it enough that I care about what happens with this game, and I also care about the people in it. I really hope you guys would consider the rest of us who still play and not  put the boots to us too bad. Facts are facts, but opinions are opinions too and never should be disguised as facts at the very least for the sake of credibility.

!S

Originally posted by Rigamortis
    Wow...my one post got more activity in this forum then in the past several years.  I knew XOOM had a lot of fanbois...but wow,  to spam the entire first page with fandom posts is amazing.

I personally am sorry for being such a fan of this game..could you find it in your kind heart to forgive me?

If not I completely understand and are real sorry. Please except my deepest apologies for loving this game.

I figured I was in the wrong but you have confirmed the error of my ways...I don't belong here I know.

LATE EDIT: For the Record, I don't know Xoom.

Originally posted by battleu

I hope depot is a teenager. I hope...

Otherwise this and all the other post just got a lot more comical

lol I was thinking that very same thing, but then I just put that notion right out of my mind and now I feel alot better :)

!S Bud

Just a reminder,once again.

The game is FREE to play.

No credit cards

No commitment

No rope-a-dopin

• rendusrendus Member UncommonPosts: 329

To be honest if you want to defend the game you should go over to the H&G forums its getting an order of mangnitude harsher beating over there than here.  This stuff is tame.   

duh!  CRS is spending advertisement money here, not on the H&G forums.

• RigamortisRigamortis Member UncommonPosts: 207

No credit cards

No commitment

No rope-a-dopin

Just freeloaders and luggage.

Former GM and associate game designer for SOE and Square Enix.  (2001-2008)

No credit cards

No commitment

No rope-a-dopin

Still no love? Comon man, give me some love brotha!

• Company0Company0 Member Posts: 36

No credit cards

No commitment

No rope-a-dopin

You aught to go talk to the Star Trek Online devs, which prioritize their paying customers over their non-paying customers. Of course, how long they'll be in business without the income from subscribers is suspect, but hey, you seem to have all the answers Rigamortis.

Depot, your questions got answered. Not by a dev, but you have no more right to an answer from them then the rest of us do. They're not obligated to answer someone who seems to take childish glee in attacking the game they've spent years working on.

• Karu403Karu403 Member Posts: 48

the more passionate the hater, the more it shows how good the hated game really is.

the main hater here is on nothing short of an all-out crusade.

• rendusrendus Member UncommonPosts: 329
    Originally posted by Karu403

the more passionate the hater, the more it shows how good the hated game really is.

I think player numbers are a better way of determining how good a game is.  But that's just me...

Still waiting for an official answer from CRS since I know they are monitoring this forum.

As far as for the rest of the fanboi noise and virtriol directed to me : way to go ahead and contribute anything of value.

This is a thread for CRS to respond, not the fanbois.  

Can you read the words on the computer screen? Ok K thanks. Bye.

• StugStug Member UncommonPosts: 387

As far as for the rest of the fanboi noise and virtriol directed to me : way to go ahead and contribute anything of value..

Funny you should mention vitriol directed at you..just what have you been doing?????!!!!

Im going to hug you till you cry :)

Originally posted by Stug

As far as for the rest of the fanboi noise and virtriol directed to me : way to go ahead and contribute anything of value..

Funny you should mention vitriol directed at you..just what have you been doing?????!!!!

Im going to hug you till you cry :)

Yea i know make me the issue instead of the game. As I have to drone on yet again: another CRS-type tactic.  Suggs or whatever your name is.