Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

AOW instances are old school.

GrayKodiakGrayKodiak Member CommonPosts: 576

Another day another instance,

I have been putting off GCC just because I know from TV how much time these things take in Wushu...no easy burning crusades style dungeon runs these...these are old school two hour long affairs, or more...in hard mode you even need 12 people so lets just call that a raid ok?

Just some random screen shots but has anyone else ran this and what was your time spent in doing so? This was our first run for most of us so I hope, like twilight, it gets faster..or at least they open up rank 2 and 3 internal to speed it up a bit. Then again some people have been moaning over the over easy instances of todays mmo scene. In the end we made it to the last boss but simply didn't have the dps to beat him, after 30 minutes of trying we quit. The journey was good however one of the boss fights came down to everyone but the last person in the group dead and with but a sliver of life left she managed to bring down the mini boss.

A few noticable differences from other games is that the boss characters look only a bit more interesting than your average toon, maybe a scarred face or a fancy outfit but in the end they are regular normal size humans. The other big difference is players taking part in the dungeon on the opposition side. Some fights literally come down to who gets teleported in to be the bad guys henchman.

(diggin the scenary here)

(pretty awesome looking clouds)

(these are poisoned butterfly farms...seriously ...)

(royal guard the lesser spin and win)

(boss on the left instant death poison pool on the right, player assasins all over)

(got to have your 6 man array on in this place)

Comments

• tet666tet666 Member UncommonPosts: 295
    Nice Screens thx
  • django-djangodjango-django Member Posts: 115

Good post, looking forward to doing some instances in AoW.

Kinda cool that you were facing other players at the end.

Are you royal guard?

• GrayKodiakGrayKodiak Member CommonPosts: 576

No the girl in the fourth picture was the guard (with the signature rope and claw), had a mix of chracters this run from a lot of schools.

You will get two fights with player assasins in the normal version of Green Cloud Castle...three or more in the hard version I beieve,

• Sicc1Sicc1 Member UncommonPosts: 243
    I haven't had a chance to run any yet because of the time commitment. But I heard gcc takes well over 2 hours.

Darkfall - Sick
    Earthrise - Sick

• django-djangodjango-django Member Posts: 115

It's been a while since I've played a decent 2 hour instance.

Hopefully I will have the time.

• mindw0rkmindw0rk Member UncommonPosts: 1,356

Been only in the first instance two times, it was... boring. Instances are definetly not the biggest selling point of AoW.

Here are few pics

GCC compared to Twilight valley has less mechanic twists (like slowly saving villagers or putting out fires) and more boss fights. It does have a few things like a bridge puzzle to open a door but that is not as time consuming...the time consuming part just comes from all the fighting in GCC.

I would say GCC is slightly better than TV, probably because it is pretty hard at the level of skill possible in the game right now so it leads to more challange than TV. Probably less down time in GCC as well, but the boss mechanics are horrible. One boss heals + drains MP on parry...took us three times on that one because some of us have moves that hit 5 times or so at once so that was 5 heals he was getting. Another summons up 6 minions...and has a bird that does an aoe poison of some kind.

• tet666tet666 Member UncommonPosts: 295
    MInions XD u know theses are real players right?
  • AresPLAresPL Member UncommonPosts: 292
    ofc it goes better later, easy can be done in 40min with good team, with higher lvl good items can solo it in 50min, next instances arent that easy ^_^ in 3rd one even mobs can hit for 1k, also harder modes arent just morehp/dmg/def for mobs and bosses, they have more stages=more bosses higher lvl You take more ppl can go/boss summon more(1st instance is exception) sometimes there are diff things to do and ofc better drops, hard and each next mode drop lvl2 flying skills / not sure if its in NA and RU version already
    Originally posted by tet666
    MInions XD u know theses are real players right?

No the last boss summons up 6 non player minions...and 3 player assasins...

all together you get outnumbered almost 2 to 1.