Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Just pulled an all-nighter

Been a long time since I did that.

Wife's gonna kill me....LOL

Comments

• WreckoniingWreckoniing Member UncommonPosts: 279
    i wish i had the energy to do that these days... i wish i was a kid again
  • pittpetepittpete Member Posts: 233

I'm 42 

Gonna be a rough week ahead....

• Skers11Skers11 Member Posts: 28

I have not done that in a long time.  I remember doing that all the time back when the game had purple skies and flying opels.  

I played until about 0300 on Friday night, but I was pretty much useless on Saturday.  There was a night last week where the game sucked me in until about midnight or 1 am.  Unfortunately, I can't call out of work using the "Exhaustion from Tilburg defense" excuse.  

• TorgrimTorgrim Member CommonPosts: 2,088

I remember one time many years ago, we started our squadnight at 20:00 at usually and ends around 23:00, I played till 09:00 due to we had such a massive offence at that time and we steamrolled the French.

This was before the brigade movements and back then the Squads where more important, squads made the attack not a pimple 14 year armchair General like it is now.

Ahn memories.

If it's not broken, you are not innovating.

• Company0Company0 Member Posts: 36
    Originally posted by Torgrim

I remember one time many years ago, we started our squadnight at 20:00 at usually and ends around 23:00, I played till 09:00 due to we had such a massive offence at that time and we steamrolled the French.

This was before the brigade movements and back then the Squads where more important, squads made the attack not a pimple 14 year armchair General like it is now.

Ahn memories.

KGW still runs operations pretty well that definitely shift the map, and make the attack.

• axishatraxishatr Member UncommonPosts: 167

Company...you are basically a rat.

Except you are more qualiifed then xoom.

But still, you are just another tool of crs that has been summoned to come help change the negative view of the game here. 

You may do that but when they log in they will find all that has been posted here as true.  Yes, you need the numbers to spike to succeed over there, but xoom and the tools at crs should have been better YEARS AND YEARS AGO and then they wouldn't have had to beg or plead or run kickstarters or unban past players to come back and be HC and let employees go and send forum scum to a outside forum to defend their actions and bug filled game.

• david06david06 Member Posts: 183
    Originally posted by Company0

Ahn memories.

KGW still runs operations pretty well that definitely shift the map, and make the attack.

And they are routinely villianized by the allies and even CRS employees. They've only let up on their war on squads since the exodus of subscribers forced them to.

• DenizzjeDenizzje Member Posts: 12
    I have never understood this 'war of squads' I read on these forums. Can you perhaps explain it in more detail? What time did these things happen? My squad is Windhund and I never have heared any complaints from our squads. So I am curious.
  • Company0Company0 Member Posts: 36
    Originally posted by axishatr

Company...you are basically a rat.

Except you are more qualiifed then xoom.

But still, you are just another tool of crs that has been summoned to come help change the negative view of the game here. 

You may do that but when they log in they will find all that has been posted here as true.  Yes, you need the numbers to spike to succeed over there, but xoom and the tools at crs should have been better YEARS AND YEARS AGO and then they wouldn't have had to beg or plead or run kickstarters or unban past players to come back and be HC and let employees go and send forum scum to a outside forum to defend their actions and bug filled game.

"Summoned to come help change the negative view of the game here"

... Where oh where to begin.

I wasn't summoned. I made an account over here a while back but forgot about these forums. When the advertising started up I remembered my account and came back to see if things had changed.

Changing the negative view of the game here... If I had any hopes of even trying that I'd be much more aggressive. If that was my life goal I'd end up shooting myself. No, I'm here because I want to provide a different opinion from the swarms of negativity that exist over here. Its like a whirlpool. I'll counter the spin because I feel like it, not for any other reason.

Lets see. The "War On Squads."

I'm sorry, its wrong to dislike someone for being effective in any way and aligned against you? I guess Axis is wrong for disliking me, your wrong for disliking me, a few others over here are wrong for attacking us for posting in these forums. At least, if thats your line of logic.

The War on Squads (From my extremely late to the show and possibly incorrect, pittpete probably can elaborate more, so take my testimony with a grain of salt) was the gradual shift of power away from squads and into the control of the High Command by Cornered Rat Software. A war, I'm not sure I'd call it.  An attempt by CRS to exert a lot more control over the game world, definitely. The game shifted from under the control of players who were responsible to only themselves and the members of their squads to a group thats responsible to Cornered Rat Software and the players at large, to an extent. Is it reasonable for a developer to want to ensure they have some means of reviewing the actions of those who wield so much power, and enforcing any decisions if they choose to do something extremely harmful to the game? Thats up to you.

Mind you, I support the idea behind a squad 100%. Hell, I support most methods to put an element of control back into the hands of everyday players, like EWS triggered attack objectives (That have restrictions of course, on number etc, I don't feel like implementing a planetside 2 system where everything frontline is live would work well), player placed FB's etc. I personally do understand why CRS decided a shift of power was needed though.

• mrcheapymrcheapy Member Posts: 56

too bad the dependence on HC is what caused the allied collapse

Axishatr why don't you use your WWII Online name here?

Why you hiding from us forum scum?

Maybe we'd respect you a little more than the child your acting like.

I really hope you aren't old enough to procreate yet..

God help us all

• HodoHodo Member Posts: 542

Ahn memories.

Except when the KGW was run by squads before there was AOs the map moved more efficiantly and was quite organized by both sides Allied or Axis.

I remember the 1st FJ and a few other squads being stuck in 33rd ID and our area of operations was in the southern part of the map. 

So much crap, so little quality.

So we got one guy who says "what war on squads?" and another which makes a long post justifying CRS's efforts to diminish the presence of squads in game. If you guys are going to shamelessly shill for a company instead of discussing the good/bad then at least coordinate your talking points.

Company0 the game relies entirely on player-generated content. One of the biggest draws to the game was it's "sandbox" gameplay as opposed to being a virtual theme park. Instead of each player(no matter how new or low-ranking) being able to go do something on their own or with their friends and have fun(generate content), they are restricted to where the high commanders say to go, when they say so, and if the HC change their minds the battle will end.

It's an inherently weaker system with less potential, and that's if it's fully staffed which I'm sure you've seen that it's not. It's devastating to a team if a few high commanders get burnt-out, much worse if they decide to hold a boycott. So if the goal of the company was to gain more control over their game they've failed at that too, because now instead of hundreds of players all they have to piss off are a few virtual Pattons and Montgomerys to cause a crisis.

Anyway I don't think anyone at a major MMO company has ever said "We need to get rid of these guilds, these groups of friends who play together regularly. They are unbalancing the game."...

...with all the bizarre decisions CRS has made in the past, however, I can really see someone back there in their office thinking "We don't need these people, we can replace hundreds of close-knit players working together and competing against rival groups with a few unpaid admins subject to our authority, that should work out great and generate a lot better content for subscribers."

David, I can honestly say they have made some bizarre decisions in the past.

That I can't lie about.

Originally posted by pittpete David, I can honestly say they have made some bizarre decisions in the past. That I can't lie about.
    Well I hope they figure a few things out and get some direction, but unfortunately I think the remaining crew is so stubborn that it's going to take new ownership or management.

There are several players still left in the community(Tenpin among others) that are doing a great job with suggestions, contributions, etc. but at this point the company shouldn't have to have someone hold their hand and explain to them the basics of ad design, the importance of keeping their profile on gaming sites updated(their entry on MMORPG is still ancient), or the potential of free press like youtube or social networks.

Hope you guys can set them straight but I'm not going to bother anymore; I've sorta switched over to M&B Napoleonic Wars.

• RigamortisRigamortis Member UncommonPosts: 207
    Originally posted by pittpete

Been a long time since I did that.

Wife's gonna kill me....LOL

Another pointless post to try and scroll the bad reviews / feedback off the first page.  I can play the same game as you...so stop it now.

Former GM and associate game designer for SOE and Square Enix.  (2001-2008)

• c0existc0exist Member UncommonPosts: 196
    man, i wish there was a game good enough to play where I would want to do that.  Been a long time since ive had the desire to.
  • Dantae87Dantae87 Member Posts: 166
    i cant get by how bad the graphics and non realis this game is...

Originally posted by Dantae87

Honestly, I can overlook graphics when the gameplay is so immersive at times.

I watch my son play COD MWF, Halo4 & BF3 and the graphics are really nice but I get bored of the same  10 minute maps over and over again.

He also plays WOW and the graphics there are nothing to write home about.

Red Orchestra was fun for a few weeks, but the hitpoints on taanks ruined it for me after awhile.

Of course to each his own.

Thing is, I love the WWII genre and nothing else fits the bill for me except this game.

Heroes and Generals looks nice but I beta tested it and it wasn't my cup of tea.

I wish them luck though and hope they bring that WWII era back.

You don't know what you might be missing out on.

S! 

• NikopolNikopol Member UncommonPosts: 626

I pulled an all-nighter as well...

...working.

Ugh.

Used to have a "go to" game I could jump in and sink a few hours without losing my sense of purpose. It would eat into my sleeping hours (to make space for work as well), but, eh, it was fun and a good way to plug my brain off. Sadly I don't have that kind of game right now.

• wrath04wrath04 Member Posts: 89
    Originally posted by pittpete
    Originally posted by Dantae87

Honestly, I can overlook graphics when the gameplay is so immersive at times.

I watch my son play COD MWF, Halo4 & BF3 and the graphics are really nice but I get bored of the same  10 minute maps over and over again.

He also plays WOW and the graphics there are nothing to write home about.

Red Orchestra was fun for a few weeks, but the hitpoints on taanks ruined it for me after awhile.

Of course to each his own.

Thing is, I love the WWII genre and nothing else fits the bill for me except this game.

Heroes and Generals looks nice but I beta tested it and it wasn't my cup of tea.

I wish them luck though and hope they bring that WWII era back.

You don't know what you might be missing out on.

S! 

lol Funny you should mention those games, my kid plays BF3 and COD and I am the same way...smallish maps get old , run and gun gameplay... Killer Graphics for sure but the content is just not for me I guess. But you know, I really hated those devs man lol jk :)  But in all seriousness , I'd take our game anyday over those titles . I find guarding a spawn is more thrilling than those , for me at least lol.

Good post Pitt!

!S

• mrcheapymrcheapy Member Posts: 56
    that screenshot is misleading 
  • KanesterKanester Member UncommonPosts: 375

They were the days, I remember playing Quake 2 untill 6 in the morning. To old now.

/waves walking stick at todays youth.

Originally posted by mrcheapy that screenshot is misleading 

Full disclosure is becoming a real problem for this company.

I asked "How are they going to handle Steam integration when they don't have a coder" on their Steam greenlight page a few days ago and the comment is no longer there. People will find out sooner or later so it's best to be upfront.

What some of the players here don't realize is that it doesn't help recruiting to misrepresent the typical atmosphere or level of action in game. Trial players may install and log on but they're going to be shocked when their experience isn't what they expected.

I mean there are plenty of people who will say that EVE Online can be very dull unless you are playing in a good corporation, so they say not to lone-wolf but find a nice corp and make some friends. That's basically what you need to do in WW2online to enjoy yourself, that and remember that the big battles are only a few hours out of the day and Sun/Wed are generally the most active.

To listen here though it's "massive battles all the time!!!! thousands of players online!!!!"