Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anyone interested in playing EQ2 or Tera (or something?) together?

Angier2758Angier2758 Member UncommonPosts: 1,026

I'm looking for a few people (or join a few people) to make a team to play a game together.  My friends don't play online games period, but I love playing with a group that level and do quests together.  Nothing formal just a bunch of bored mmo players.

Looking to play- 

EQ2

LoL

Tera

WoW

Vanguard

I like pretty much any class and love casters/utility.

Any interest? Message me!

Comments

• GengeleGengele Member Posts: 9

I've been looking to start with a new MMO aswell as I have alot of time on my hands the next coming months. I tried TERA but didn't like it much, it felt VERY similar to AION or Guild Wars 2, but the combat was more entertaining. WoW I've allready played alot but I haven't tried the Mists of Pandaria expansion, however I dont expect it to offer much new content.

EQ2 and Vanguard both sound interesting, the only thing I'm really worried about when it comes to those games is the community being dead. It's really not very fun to play an MMO that is empty. Anyway, if you make up your mind about a game, let the threat know :)

• free2playfree2play Member UncommonPosts: 2,043

To give credit when it is due, join Something awful or reddit forums. I'm kind of surprised mmo hasn't done a similar system to SA and Reddit actually.

SA = Goons

Reddit = Test Alliance

MMORPG = *insert guilded players association*

• SynthetickSynthetick Member Posts: 977
    Would definitely be interested in giving EQ2, Vanguard, or TERA a go with a nice static group of players.

• moosecatlolmoosecatlol Member RarePosts: 1,530
    Tried to play TERA, couldn't do it. It felt like the Skyward sword equivalent of the mmo genre.
  • Angier2758Angier2758 Member UncommonPosts: 1,026
    Originally posted by free2play

To give credit when it is due, join Something awful or reddit forums. I'm kind of surprised mmo hasn't done a similar system to SA and Reddit actually.

SA = Goons

Reddit = Test Alliance

MMORPG = *insert guilded players association*

The goons have a terrible rep.  Just terrible people to play with.

Also your post makes 0 sense....

• JemcrystalJemcrystal Member UncommonPosts: 1,984
    I'll be in Tera when it goes f2p but not making any plans for grouping yet.  Tho I must say I am a Harry Dresden fan so I like your avatar.

• EnerzealEnerzeal Member Posts: 326
    I would be interested in Everquest 2 big time! Drop me an inbox and we can sort something out!
  • AnslemAnslem Member CommonPosts: 215
    Originally posted by Synthetick
    Would definitely be interested in giving EQ2, Vanguard, or TERA a go with a nice static group of players.

Ditto!

Wouldn't mind WoW either. =)

Played: Ultima Online - DaoC - WoW -

• GishgeronGishgeron Member Posts: 1,287

I second the ideal of playing EQ2, Vanguard, or TERA (Post F2P conversion).  I'd even consider TSW, but I really need to see how my laptop will handle that one.  I have a weird set up on this thing...its not a bad computer for gaming but the card is an odd one that sometimes craps itself on certain games. 

I play odd hours though, I work second shift so my gaming hours are 11 PM to 2 AM central time.

• kasyoskasyos Member UncommonPosts: 23

I'm planniing to play Tera F2P so if you are up for it, let me know.

As far as I remember, I have lvl 30 Aman Mystic.

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    I will be in TERA too.
  • AnslemAnslem Member CommonPosts: 215
    Originally posted by kasyos

F2P Tera is next month right?

Played: Ultima Online - DaoC - WoW -

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    Originally posted by Selyse
    Originally posted by kasyos

F2P Tera is next month right?

Feb 4th from what I have heard.

• strangiato2112strangiato2112 Member CommonPosts: 1,538
    there was a guild that started eq2 together a couple months back on MMORPG called I N S T I N C T on AB server...I would say start up EQ2 and check those guys out.
  • coldandnumbcoldandnumb Member CommonPosts: 90

I'm always interested in trying to get a steady group going for any mmo I feel basically like the op. I would be up for any of the games that you guys mentioned. I have past experience in eq2 and wow. I have limited experience in vanguard and I was in the beta for tera it didn't grab me at the time but with the ftp announcement I would consider it again. Another one that you may want to consider is lotro I have had some experience in that game and a sort of start from scratch with a steady group of people would be cool for any of those games.

I'll keep an eye on this thread to see if you guys actually want to make a go of this once you pick a game or anyone can pm me if you want to talk further. As long as the intent is to keep it casual I'm not looking for a part time job just to have some fun. I'm on U.S. east coast time although my actual gaming times vary due to what's going on in my life at the moment.

• DraGzielDraGziel Member UncommonPosts: 67
    My brother and I will definitely start Tera once goes f2p. So if you guys start something then send me a message 
  • MekretMekret Member Posts: 2
    I'm down for some Tera next month and EQ2 or WoW.
  • rutaqrutaq Member UncommonPosts: 428

I N S T I N C T is doing great 50+ active players, we have a good spread of levels and the higher folks have just started the newest expansion content.

Also we are doing a special project, a Progression Team that will be starting up in a week.  We will be picking a couple nights a week to play in a dedicated group of Alts to run through all the EQ2 Raid content,  level locking at each tier to ensure that we have a solid group to and challenging content.

• KanylKanyl Member UncommonPosts: 252

Many of you here seems interested in EQ2 and I can only say: GO FOR IT!

The community is not dead, but it's not huge! You will find people at all times and at any level. The game is awesome and one of my favorite mmorpgs, of all times. Vanguard would be the second option, but I find Everquest 2 to be much bigger and deeper in many cases. Also, the community in Vanguard is not as big as in Everquest 2, if you care much about that. But moneywise, Vanguard is much cheaper due to no expansions released (but the world is still one of the biggest you can find in an online game!). 

If you are from US, you should pick Antonia Bayle or Freeport as server. If you are from EU, you should pick still pick those two or even the biggest EU server, called Splitpaw. But even if Freeport and AB are NA servers, you will still find more people there than on any other server. The community in EQ2 is one of the best and I have only met 3-4 douchbags in 1 year, which is very very rare!

Good luck with your choise! :)

• GraeyGraey Member UncommonPosts: 281
    Originally posted by rutaq

I N S T I N C T is doing great 50+ active players, we have a good spread of levels and the higher folks have just started the newest expansion content.

Also we are doing a special project, a Progression Team that will be starting up in a week.  We will be picking a couple nights a week to play in a dedicated group of Alts to run through all the EQ2 Raid content,  level locking at each tier to ensure that we have a solid group to and challenging content.

Hey I'm interested in play Everquest 2. Last time i tried it I didn't know anyone so I quickly lost interest. However I thought it was  great game. Personally I love the fact that they have a crap load of pets. That to me is the most fun aspect. So I have a question.

1. If I wanted to start what would be the right expansions to buy?

2. Could I possibly join this guild you are in so that I have someone else to adventure with?

3. Is there anything I should know before I buy? Tips so to speak.

• g4m3sh4rkg4m3sh4rk Member Posts: 40
    Originally posted by Angier2758

I'm looking for a few people (or join a few people) to make a team to play a game together.  My friends don't play online games period, but I love playing with a group that level and do quests together.  Nothing formal just a bunch of bored mmo players.

Looking to play- 

EQ2

LoL

Tera

WoW

Vanguard

I like pretty much any class and love casters/utility.

Any interest? Message me!

Ill play Eq2 tera and wow. But whats vanguard? Also, have you considered Diablo 3, Starcraft, or Guildwars 2?

• boris20boris20 Member RarePosts: 404

Both Vanguard and eq2 are good choices to team up with a buddy or 2 and enjoy the game.

Eq2 has alot of options to spec toons as far ast level locking and gaining AA points. Rather fun to do. Also has a ton of content to explore.

Vanguard is special in itself and would be a good choice also. I didnt play it too long due to lack of PVP, but the PVE content was solid. Im kinda leaning towards Vanguard as my suggestion if youre wanting to find a person to explore a game with.

• VesaviusVesavius Member RarePosts: 7,908
    Originally posted by Gengele

I've been looking to start with a new MMO aswell as I have alot of time on my hands the next coming months. I tried TERA but didn't like it much, it felt VERY similar to AION or Guild Wars 2, but the combat was more entertaining. WoW I've allready played alot but I haven't tried the Mists of Pandaria expansion, however I dont expect it to offer much new content.

EQ2 and Vanguard both sound interesting, the only thing I'm really worried about when it comes to those games is the community being dead. It's really not very fun to play an MMO that is empty. Anyway, if you make up your mind about a game, let the threat know :)

Simply not true, at least in the case of EQ2. It has one of the most vibrant, friendly, and invested communities of any game I have played.

Send me a tell as Miniflyn if you start on Antonia Bayle (US), I will be happy to group or whatever :)

• rutaqrutaq Member UncommonPosts: 428
    Originally posted by Graey
    Originally posted by rutaq

Hey I'm interested in play Everquest 2. Last time i tried it I didn't know anyone so I quickly lost interest. However I thought it was  great game. Personally I love the fact that they have a crap load of pets. That to me is the most fun aspect. So I have a question.

1. If I wanted to start what would be the right expansions to buy?

2. Could I possibly join this guild you are in so that I have someone else to adventure with?

3. Is there anything I should know before I buy? Tips so to speak.

Hi Graey,  

You are welcome to join us, we are a new guild only two months old with a great mix of brand new players and a few Vets.  We have over 50 active players so far with a good spread of levels and we really try to get folks grouping with scheduled Dungeon Runs.   our guild site is  (instinctguild.guildlaunch.com)  you can register there and get our vent info, if you want to come hang out and talk about EQ2 as you download the client.   Alot of us , including myself are pretty new to EQ2 so you will fit in fine.

As far as expansions go...   You can start with just a Gold subscription for $ 14.99  per month and not buy any expansion,  this will let you play the whole game up to level 90ish.

The main expansion is Chains of Eternity that launch in November.   You can buy it on SOE's site $ 39.99. It will unlock the 92 - 95 content, quests and Raids.

There is only one other expansion Called  Age of Discovery, it is a feature pack not a realy content expansion.   This will unlock the BeastLord Class on your accout and let you use Mercs.   Mercs are NPCs you can hire to adventure with you, they are AI controlled and also have a few pet like commands (attack, follow,stay).  The Merc are very powerful and can make running Dungeons and harder content on your own.

I have a couple tips,   1)  When you create your character on Antonia Balye   press"U" to beiung up the Guild listsing and look for us  I N S T I N C T, there will be a button to click to talk to a recruiter.    2)  Don't be afraid to ask questions, there is a /1-9 chat channel and even easier Guild chat or Vent.

If you know anyone else that is interested in trying out EQ2 bring them along in the last two months since he Guild started here on MMORPG.com 8 weeks ago, we have met a ton of cool people and it has made EQ2 one of the best MMOs I have played.