Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Perma Banned For Wanting Refund

Comments

• GrayGhost79GrayGhost79 Member UncommonPosts: 4,775
    Originally posted by Aragon100
    Originally posted by GrayGhost79
    Originally posted by Yanik
    Originally posted by joshbaby03

http://i45.tinypic.com/1zdykab.jpg

Today I was banned for requesting PayPal to seek a refund from AV on my behalf due to their product not being as advertised, as well as not having any discernable release date.  I just want ya'll to know that they will ban you if you try to get your money back in any way possible, and more than likely you will not get anything back in the end.  This is fraud in my book, and I hope that MMORPG.com and other sites cover this...I don't know where to send this information so that it gets on the front page, but it needs to be.

Jed

[mod edit]

LOL.

So he is an arse for ventilating his frustration? His account was banned before he got a refund, that is fraud in my eyes. He still havent gotten his money so he should be able to log into the game.

Why would he want to? He doesn't like the game. It was bad enough that he wanted a refund. So... 

It's not about he wanting or not. He havent gotten any refund so his account should be open.

Explain why lol. 

1) He didn't like the game, to him it was bad enough to ask for a refund. 

2) He went through paypal to get said refund. 

3) Obviously the refund process started because Aventurine was notified and the account was banned as is standard practice in the gaming industry. 

4) You and he are PO'd because he can't play a game for free that he has no intent on paying for while he awaits his refund? 

• bunnyhopperbunnyhopper Member CommonPosts: 2,751

It's not about he wanting or not. He havent gotten any refund so his account should be open.

No, it quite clearly really shouldn't be open.

"Come and have a look at what you could have won."

• Aragon100Aragon100 Member RarePosts: 2,686

Today I was banned for requesting PayPal to seek a refund from AV on my behalf due to their product not being as advertised, as well as not having any discernable release date.  I just want ya'll to know that they will ban you if you try to get your money back in any way possible, and more than likely you will not get anything back in the end.  This is fraud in my book, and I hope that MMORPG.com and other sites cover this...I don't know where to send this information so that it gets on the front page, but it needs to be.

Jed

[mod edit]

LOL.

So he is an arse for ventilating his frustration? His account was banned before he got a refund, that is fraud in my eyes. He still havent gotten his money so he should be able to log into the game.

Why would he want to? He doesn't like the game. It was bad enough that he wanted a refund. So... 

Explain why lol. 

1) He didn't like the game, to him it was bad enough to ask for a refund. 

2) He went through paypal to get said refund. 

3) Obviously the refund process started because Aventurine was notified and the account was banned as is standard practice in the gaming industry. 

4) You and he are PO'd because he can't play a game for free that he has no intent on paying for while he awaits his refund? 

Show me some proof that this is standard practice?

And why dont you same time give us some information they are following the EU business laws?

Pay the refund first and then close the account is the right way to do business. It is also a good way to avoid these kind of bad publicity.

• GaladournGaladourn Member RarePosts: 1,813

Jed

You ask for a chargeback and complain that the account got banned? What were you expecting, free beta till release?

Originally posted by Galadourn

Jed

You ask for a chargeback and complain that the account got banned? What were you expecting, free beta till release?

My guess is that he expect to be able to log in up to the day he get the refund.

I think he should.

• YanikYanik Member Posts: 25

Jed

[mod edit]

LOL.

No Sirs, you misunderstand me, its the reason why he wants a refund that maked him an arse, the game is in beta, he pre-ordered a game, thats not finished, to allow him the right to beta acess, now he's whining about it.

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,947

If a company doesn't deliver what they sell, the customer should be able to get a refund (No idea on the status of DF:UW as it's under NDA and I have not played more than 5 minutes the first week).

If you receive a chargeback your account should be closed with the company.

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• IchmenIchmen Member UncommonPosts: 1,228

doing a charge back on an unfinished product that you knew was unfinishedm, while receiving access to a test of that final product... is by most accounts fraud caused by you.  in no way shape or form are you paying the money for just the unfinished beta, but are infact paying for the final product that will launch after the beta test. 

by doing a charge back on the account for the money spent, you are infact giving them the right to ban the account. as they by most rights own the account you are using (as you are buying a game licence not a right to own the account) 

as all game companies will do, the minute they receive a refund request via credit card or such companies that put a hold/ban on the account. until such time as the charge is finished or cancelled. they do not at any time have to unban your account or allow you access to the game. as you are infact demanding they remove you from it and pay you back the money you spent to access it and the final product.

there is nothing here of news worthy so there is no reason for this to be front page news. as you pretty much banned your self.. lol

• quseioquseio Member UncommonPosts: 234

Jed

You have requested a refund from paypal, Adventurine banned your account... You know what that sounds like to me?

It sounds like you have or are receiving your refund, why would you assume you get to keep your account as well?

the way i see it is  he wasked for a reund didnt get  one and got his account banned  its lose lose  to him if he  had gotten money back and banned fine but  nope

Originally posted by Slapshot1188

If a company doesn't deliver what they sell, the customer should be able to get a refund (No idea on the status of DF:UW as it's under NDA and I have not played more than 5 minutes the first week).

Exactly.

Not before you gotten your refund.

• ZheomZheom Member Posts: 58
    every game company out there will ban u if u do chargeback on your purchase of a game.
  • GrayGhost79GrayGhost79 Member UncommonPosts: 4,775
    Originally posted by quseio

Jed

You have requested a refund from paypal, Adventurine banned your account... You know what that sounds like to me?

It sounds like you have or are receiving your refund, why would you assume you get to keep your account as well?

the way i see it is  he wasked for a reund didnt get  one and got his account banned  its lose lose  to him if he  had gotten money back and banned fine but  nope

Aventurine wouldn't have banned his account if the refund process wasn't started on Paypals end. 

If you have another valid reason as to how they suddenly knew that he asked Paypal for a refund then please share... 

Jed

Can you keep us updated if you got a refund?

Would be interesting to get some info on that.

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,947
    Originally posted by Slapshot1188

Exactly.

Not before you gotten your refund.

Well there is usually a lag in payments I would imagine. AV would have to alert PayPall or the CC  company etc etc.. so I could see it taking a few days to show up.  Particularly on the weekend.

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    From the outside looking in, all of this seems like an exersices in what not to do during the run up to release. Most the time I assume over the top bad post are exaggerations. This time I'm not sure.
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • GaladournGaladourn Member RarePosts: 1,813
    Originally posted by Galadourn

Jed

My guess is that he expect to be able to log in up to the day he get the refund.

I think he should.

No. Remember you pay for pre-ordering the game. Beta is an extra bonus. If you cancel your pre-order, you lose access to the beta.

• freaksoldier99freaksoldier99 Member UncommonPosts: 39

Jed

stop hacking and u wont be ban

• erictlewiserictlewis Member UncommonPosts: 3,022

How many times do we see this thread on how many games. OP it has been said time and again you do a chargeback you get banned. I don't know how many time we have to have this conversation before folks finally get this.

• ZorgoZorgo Member UncommonPosts: 2,254

Jed

A. Did you get your money back?

If you got your money back, then it seems natural you wouldn't have access to the product?

B. If you asked for your money back, the assumption is you don't want to play, making the ban a non-issue for someone who truly is upset with the product - they aren't going to play anyway.

C. If you received your money back, but still want to play, why did you ask for your money back?

• Mad+DogMad+Dog Member UncommonPosts: 780
    Does the OP expect  to get the game for free or something?

• GrixxittGrixxitt Member UncommonPosts: 545

Would like to know if the OP was the same moron trying to get a refund from the beta forums a few days ago.

Did you even open up a support ticket?

Do you expect volunteer forum mods to give you money out of their own pocket?

The above is my personal opinion. Anyone displaying a view contrary to my opinion is obviously WRONG and should STHU. (neener neener)

-The MMO Forum Community

• xpiherxpiher Member UncommonPosts: 3,310

Jed

I doubt you ever get a refund and i cant really understand why you got that ban?

In my eyes Aventurine is a corrupt company, remember in Darkfall 1 when Aventurine changed the rules for sieges after a siege were lost by a Zerg that on forums then threatened to rage quit. What happened was that the server went down and the result of the siege was not saved. Aventurine then manually transfered a town the Zerg never won ingame to that Zerg against their own written down rulesetting. Rules were that developers would never interfere with the score of a server down. I bet Aventurine had some players in that whining Zerg.

There is also alot of rumors that Aventurine even though they knew a certain guild were duping they didnt interfere cause they made such good advertising promos for the game. That guild had the most expensive boat when the Zergs didnt even have the material for the smallest. 

The duping guild then made a promo video on sea warfare and i bet Aventurine saw it as a good advertising video that would bring more players to the game.

If you as a player want fair gameplay and no interference from developers then stay away from Aventurine.

Umm no. Stop spouting BS please thanks. The difference between this siege and previous sieges was that siege had an actual CONCLUSION. The other sieges didn't have an actual outcome. 

Games:
    Currently playing:Nothing
    Will play: Darkfall: Unholy Wars
    Past games:
    Guild Wars 2 - Xpiher Duminous
    Xpiher's GW2
    GW 1 - Xpiher Duminous
    Darkfall - Xpiher Duminous (NA) retired
    AoC - Xpiher (Tyranny) retired
    Warhammer - Xpiher

• skamperskamper Member UncommonPosts: 252

The company I work for takes paypal disputes very seriously. We keep track of all people who dispute and terminate  /  prevent any sort of business in the future with them.

• bunnyhopperbunnyhopper Member CommonPosts: 2,751
    Originally posted by Mad+Dog
    Does the OP expect  to get the game for free or something?

Seems that way.

"Come and have a look at what you could have won."

• Aison2Aison2 Member CommonPosts: 624
    op is scamming the company, he receives the promised service and then uses a chargeback despite agreeing prior at the store to no refund policy in BIG RED LETTERS. He willingly agreed to it and broke the contract. No sympathy at all for op.

Pi*1337/100 = 42