Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

Perma Banned For Wanting Refund

Comments

• CaaahlCaaahl LeipzigPosts: 229Member
    Originally posted by Baleout

Good on them i dislike people that want their money back after trying it.

You buy it  you dont like it well its your fault.

Todays players are spoiled when it comes to this dont buy every game out there and you wont get burnt.

Plus he paid for the pre-order and the game isnt even released yet.

So to claim it is a fraud because of missing features is not reasonable at the moment.

Beta access was a bonus given to him; not what he paid for.

Caaahl / DAA KAPUTTMACHAA ---DF/DFUW

• GrayGhost79GrayGhost79 Webster, MAPosts: 4,813Member
    Originally posted by Aragon100
    Originally posted by Yanik
    Originally posted by joshbaby03

http://i45.tinypic.com/1zdykab.jpg

Today I was banned for requesting PayPal to seek a refund from AV on my behalf due to their product not being as advertised, as well as not having any discernable release date.  I just want ya'll to know that they will ban you if you try to get your money back in any way possible, and more than likely you will not get anything back in the end.  This is fraud in my book, and I hope that MMORPG.com and other sites cover this...I don't know where to send this information so that it gets on the front page, but it needs to be.

Jed

[mod edit]

LOL.

So he is an arse for ventilating his frustration? His account was banned before he got a refund, that is fraud in my eyes. He still havent gotten his money so he should be able to log into the game.

Why would he want to? He doesn't like the game. It was bad enough that he wanted a refund. So... 

• Aragon100Aragon100 OsloPosts: 2,224Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by GrayGhost79

Today I was banned for requesting PayPal to seek a refund from AV on my behalf due to their product not being as advertised, as well as not having any discernable release date.  I just want ya'll to know that they will ban you if you try to get your money back in any way possible, and more than likely you will not get anything back in the end.  This is fraud in my book, and I hope that MMORPG.com and other sites cover this...I don't know where to send this information so that it gets on the front page, but it needs to be.

Jed

[mod edit]

LOL.

So he is an arse for ventilating his frustration? His account was banned before he got a refund, that is fraud in my eyes. He still havent gotten his money so he should be able to log into the game.

Why would he want to? He doesn't like the game. It was bad enough that he wanted a refund. So... 

It's not about he wanting or not. He havent gotten any refund so his account should be open.

• bunnyhopperbunnyhopper LondonPosts: 2,751Member
    Originally posted by MrDDT

The account shouldnt be banned before he get his refund, period.

As soon as the refund process begins it is, thats the reality. Its with every single gaming company out there. Sorry, thats just the way it is lol. 

Pretty much.

I'd say it makes perfect sense to ban the account immediately. At the end of the day he is going to be getting his money back and as such he has had FREE game time. Yet people seem to think he should be allowed additional FREE time? I don't think so Tim.

If he doesn't get his money back at some point, well that might be more of an issue.

"Come and have a look at what you could have won."

• DovregubbenDovregubben TønsbergPosts: 17Member
    Originally posted by MrDDT
    Sounds like AV did a pretty smart thing. You are disupting the charges, so clearly you don't want access to the game. You now have to wait til your dispute is over.

Where did he say he wont want to try the game later on?

There is nothing preventing him doing that is it?

Charax, DF

Jed

[mod edit]

LOL.

It's not about he wanting or not. He havent gotten any refund so his account should be open.

Explain why lol. 

1) He didn't like the game, to him it was bad enough to ask for a refund. 

2) He went through paypal to get said refund. 

3) Obviously the refund process started because Aventurine was notified and the account was banned as is standard practice in the gaming industry. 

4) You and he are PO'd because he can't play a game for free that he has no intent on paying for while he awaits his refund? 

• bunnyhopperbunnyhopper LondonPosts: 2,751Member

No, it quite clearly really shouldn't be open.

"Come and have a look at what you could have won."

Jed

[mod edit]

LOL.

Explain why lol. 

1) He didn't like the game, to him it was bad enough to ask for a refund. 

2) He went through paypal to get said refund. 

3) Obviously the refund process started because Aventurine was notified and the account was banned as is standard practice in the gaming industry. 

4) You and he are PO'd because he can't play a game for free that he has no intent on paying for while he awaits his refund? 

Show me some proof that this is standard practice?

And why dont you same time give us some information they are following the EU business laws?

Pay the refund first and then close the account is the right way to do business. It is also a good way to avoid these kind of bad publicity.

• GaladournGaladourn AthensPosts: 1,052Member

Jed

You ask for a chargeback and complain that the account got banned? What were you expecting, free beta till release?

Originally posted by Galadourn

Jed

You ask for a chargeback and complain that the account got banned? What were you expecting, free beta till release?

My guess is that he expect to be able to log in up to the day he get the refund.

I think he should.

• YanikYanik LeedsPosts: 25Member

Jed

[mod edit]

LOL.

No Sirs, you misunderstand me, its the reason why he wants a refund that maked him an arse, the game is in beta, he pre-ordered a game, thats not finished, to allow him the right to beta acess, now he's whining about it.

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Boca Raton, FLPosts: 4,508Member Uncommon

If a company doesn't deliver what they sell, the customer should be able to get a refund (No idea on the status of DF:UW as it's under NDA and I have not played more than 5 minutes the first week).

If you receive a chargeback your account should be closed with the company.

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Starvault's reponse to criticism related to having a handful of players as the official "test" team for a supposed MMO: "We've just have another 10ish folk kind enough to voulenteer added tot the test team" (SIC) This explains much about the state of the game :-)

• IchmenIchmen Winnipeg, MBPosts: 1,228Member

doing a charge back on an unfinished product that you knew was unfinishedm, while receiving access to a test of that final product... is by most accounts fraud caused by you.  in no way shape or form are you paying the money for just the unfinished beta, but are infact paying for the final product that will launch after the beta test. 

by doing a charge back on the account for the money spent, you are infact giving them the right to ban the account. as they by most rights own the account you are using (as you are buying a game licence not a right to own the account) 

as all game companies will do, the minute they receive a refund request via credit card or such companies that put a hold/ban on the account. until such time as the charge is finished or cancelled. they do not at any time have to unban your account or allow you access to the game. as you are infact demanding they remove you from it and pay you back the money you spent to access it and the final product.

there is nothing here of news worthy so there is no reason for this to be front page news. as you pretty much banned your self.. lol

CPU: Intel Core i7 CPU 860 2.8GHz
    Evga GeForce 670 FTW
    Evga P55 SLI

<image

• quseioquseio stevens, PAPosts: 222Member

Jed

You have requested a refund from paypal, Adventurine banned your account... You know what that sounds like to me?

It sounds like you have or are receiving your refund, why would you assume you get to keep your account as well?

the way i see it is  he wasked for a reund didnt get  one and got his account banned  its lose lose  to him if he  had gotten money back and banned fine but  nope

Originally posted by Slapshot1188

If a company doesn't deliver what they sell, the customer should be able to get a refund (No idea on the status of DF:UW as it's under NDA and I have not played more than 5 minutes the first week).

Exactly.

Not before you gotten your refund.

• ZheomZheom KuopioPosts: 58Member
    every game company out there will ban u if u do chargeback on your purchase of a game.
    Originally posted by quseio

Jed

You have requested a refund from paypal, Adventurine banned your account... You know what that sounds like to me?

It sounds like you have or are receiving your refund, why would you assume you get to keep your account as well?

the way i see it is  he wasked for a reund didnt get  one and got his account banned  its lose lose  to him if he  had gotten money back and banned fine but  nope

Aventurine wouldn't have banned his account if the refund process wasn't started on Paypals end. 

If you have another valid reason as to how they suddenly knew that he asked Paypal for a refund then please share... 

Jed

Can you keep us updated if you got a refund?

Would be interesting to get some info on that.

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Boca Raton, FLPosts: 4,508Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Slapshot1188

Exactly.

Not before you gotten your refund.

Well there is usually a lag in payments I would imagine. AV would have to alert PayPall or the CC  company etc etc.. so I could see it taking a few days to show up.  Particularly on the weekend.

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Starvault's reponse to criticism related to having a handful of players as the official "test" team for a supposed MMO: "We've just have another 10ish folk kind enough to voulenteer added tot the test team" (SIC) This explains much about the state of the game :-)

• bcbullybcbully Westland, MIPosts: 8,278Member Uncommon
    From the outside looking in, all of this seems like an exersices in what not to do during the run up to release. Most the time I assume over the top bad post are exaggerations. This time I'm not sure.
  • GaladournGaladourn AthensPosts: 1,052Member
    Originally posted by Galadourn

Jed

My guess is that he expect to be able to log in up to the day he get the refund.

I think he should.

No. Remember you pay for pre-ordering the game. Beta is an extra bonus. If you cancel your pre-order, you lose access to the beta.

• freaksoldier99freaksoldier99 chateauguay, QCPosts: 3Member

Jed

stop hacking and u wont be ban

• erictlewiserictlewis Cottondale, ALPosts: 3,026Member Uncommon

How many times do we see this thread on how many games. OP it has been said time and again you do a chargeback you get banned. I don't know how many time we have to have this conversation before folks finally get this.

• ZorgoZorgo Deepintheheartof, TXPosts: 2,226Member

Jed

A. Did you get your money back?

If you got your money back, then it seems natural you wouldn't have access to the product?

B. If you asked for your money back, the assumption is you don't want to play, making the ban a non-issue for someone who truly is upset with the product - they aren't going to play anyway.

C. If you received your money back, but still want to play, why did you ask for your money back?

• Mad+DogMad+Dog EdinburghPosts: 656Member Uncommon
    Does the OP expect  to get the game for free or something?