Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

would this All in one PC run games half way well?

Spartan3088Spartan3088 Member Posts: 35

Ok so i was planning on building my own pc but just today i was kind of told i might be given a free used All in one desktop from HP. What i want to know is could a pc like that even run games like WoW, diablo 3, call of duty? If it could run them half way it would give me more time to save up to build a real desktop. would something like this work at all for a bit?

http://www.shopping.hp.com/en_US/home-office/-/products/Desktops/HP-Omni-All-in-One/C1B23AV?HP-Omni-27-1210xt-Desktop-PC

3rd Generation Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3330S quad-core processor [2.7GHz, 6MB Shared Cache]

8GB DDR3-1600MHz SODIMM Memory [2 DIMMs]

1TB 7200 rpm SATA hard drive

Integrated graphics - Intel(R) HD

27" diagonal full HD widescreen LED-backlit

Premium Wireless-N LAN card and Bluetooth(R)(2x2)

Comments

• QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,351

It would probably run WoW half way well, because just about everything runs WoW half way well.  The GeForce 4 MX something or other that I bought in 2002 ran WoW half way well.  A lot of other games would be dicier, though.  Gaming performance will trail way behind what you could get in a normal desktop for $500 excluding peripherals.

The only reasons to consider an all-in-one are:

1)  You're mainly care about the form factor, as opposed to price, performance, reliability, or a variety of other things that a lot of people buying a computer would care about, or

2)  You're dead set on getting a Mac.

• CleffyCleffy Member RarePosts: 6,412

NOOOOooooooooo

Woot that was an easy one to answer.

• IchmenIchmen Member UncommonPosts: 1,228

looked at link saw HP... instantly went NOPE.avi... 

why pay 900-1500 for a toaster really.... if you want a toaster ill sell you my used one :/ 

• miguksarammiguksaram Member UncommonPosts: 835

Depending on the circumstances in which you would receive this all in one PC I would say accept it and then turn around and sell it (again assuming this wouldn't hurt anyone's feelings and/or wallet) to help offset the cost of building your own.

If however someone is spending money on you it would be advisable to show then that NOT buying a an all in one and rather allowing them to take the case they would spend on it torwards a person build would be a MUCH better use of their money and an overall better PC for you.

Either way, Win/Win!

• syntax42syntax42 Member UncommonPosts: 1,378
    If they make AIO PCs with AMD's A-core APUs, try to get one of those.  Otherwise, your graphics processing will be too slow for most newer games to run at minimum settings.  Based on what I have seen, Intel graphics are barely enough to run Windows Aero.  AMD's A-core can run some games with decent visuals, but don't expect much out of the shaders.
  • KenFisherKenFisher Member UncommonPosts: 5,035

Depending on which Intel HD video it is, I wouldn't expect much for 3D performance.  I have a laptop with the plain Intel HD (not the 3000) and it's plenty slow.  It barely runs Age of Conan.

Ken Fisher - Semi retired old fart Network Administrator, now working in Network Security.  I don't Forum PVP.  If you feel I've attacked you, it was probably by accident.  When I don't understand, I ask.  Such is not intended as criticism.