Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I'm sick and tired of these GARBAGE MMOs.

124»

Comments

• sanshi44sanshi44 Member UncommonPosts: 1,187
    Originally posted by Scooch25
    Try WoW

Would rather play hello kitty than WoW  :P

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    <-------------
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • Dreamo84Dreamo84 Member UncommonPosts: 3,713
    TSW is a fun romp. Beautiful game and a great challenging story/world. Not a sandbox at all but well done for what it is. And being B2P its a perfect side game or just a temporary fix.

• Oracle_FefeOracle_Fefe Member CommonPosts: 221
    Originally posted by Zethlis
    Originally posted by Kaminaxius
    From what you wrote it sounds like you want a less WoW-copied MMO with more freedom and other incentives than mindless raiding

..i'd suggest you to try Darkfall:Unholy Wars when it launches (hopefully in less than a month or two) and perhaps Mortal Online which is already out and went free to play but has alot of flaws however it's still fun nontheless (I would recommend waiting for Darkfall:Unholy Wars which is currently in very early beta stage). Both of these mmo's are completely freedom-based mmo's this is an unofficial trailer of the first Darkfall game which basically sums up what Darkfall Unholy Wars will be about aswellt:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_bYYT6Wg3Gg

I heard darkfall fell short of many people's expectations

That doesn't mean it should automatically fall short of your expectations. I can understand not wanting a game like WarZ cause of how it just crashed and burned, but for games that are ehish at best are worth giving a shot.

Otherwise, you'll be asking for the perfect MMO, the one that would be top notch, that everyone would go to..then be the benchmark that people wouldn't want to play when they feel for one second that the company "doesnt deserve the hype" or is "too greedy/a cash cow."

Go try out Darkfall. Maybe TERA seeing it's goin F2P. Star Trek Online for something licensed and enjoy the series (I personally believe it's worth goin to till level 50 where I dropped it.). Mabinogi is practically the second runescape of MMOs in that it takes things differently..Just take a look at every game on the mmo list from hype level/release date and go with something that peaks your fancy.

If all that fails, widen your search parameters. Planetside 2, Team Fortress 2 are some nice FPS and TF2 is one of the most fun experiences I've had. If you just prefer grouping with friends then who knows if there are LAN parties around your area. Chivalry, Medieval Warfare is an alright "sword em up" style game where you just scream and wreck people up..

• SirFubarSirFubar Member Posts: 397

I started with Runescape. Then WoW. Then SWG (Wasn't THAT bad). Then Tabula Rasa. Then Warhammer. Then SWTOR which I waited for every single day since I heard of it being worked on in 2009, busted my balls. Then Wurm. Then GW2. Then EVE. And after that they stopped being worth remembering game titles. Why has the MMORPG industry gone from the most creative and influential to this cynical cancerous cyst? What are CEOs thinking when they make a business plan that comes down to - copy WoW and cash out as much as we can before we close the doors.

It's ridiculous how marginal the advancement of MMOs has become. I know I'm not alone in these feelings. Right now I'm counting the days to when Embers of Caerus will be released and I won't have to worry about horrible MMOs anymore, but that's a good 3 or so years away. I need something to sate my appetite and my appetite isn't end game raids and pvp. MMOs shouldn't HAVE an end game. You should never get to the point where you can't even think of anything else to do because you've already done it, but this is the MMO market of today.

Are there any innovative MMOs that are either already out there or very close to release that I haven't heard about? Surfing the list of 600 sum MMOs would take a good month. I'm about to abandon MMOs entirely because I've just lost so much faith in the genre.

HALP PLZ

The reason is really simple. The players. Players like you who buy nearly every single MMO on the market. If only people would wake up and stop buying every MMO (most of the time, MMO that CLEARLY aren't made for them) that is released, the genre will go foward instead of being stale. Every single company prefer to go the safe route and create the "same old" MMO because they know most people will buy it . Most people fall for the hype every single time and some can't even do their own research to understand well the game they are about to buy and then come here to cry about it. If most MMO players are really tired of bad MMO's, they should just stop playing them until they see a game that will be like they want, else, we will just continue with the wave of "same old" MMO's. And by waiting, I'm saying not preordering a game that sounds good on paper.

The other thing is most of the time, the most creative MMO are usually done by a small indie company. They have great ideas but with a really bad implementation. They also don't fix bugs and/or create new content fast enough for the market so they loose their players quite fast sometimes. And those are usually niche games that don't attract a huge portion of MMO players.

If you are hoping for something completely new that will reinvent the genre, I doubt that will happen someday. Just like don't expect to see an FPS, RTS, MOBA, RPG game that will reinvent those genre. It will nearly always be something that was already done but made better.

edit : Forgot to add that also, devs that are trying something completely new (some features, gameplay mechanics whatever it might be) are usually focusing too much on the single "thing" of the game that is new and don't work as much in the rest of their game. So we end up with a game that focus too much on the new "thing" while the rest is just "meh".

• TorkazTorkaz Member UncommonPosts: 92
    The Secret World is where its at... Got it a few weeks ago, cant stop playing.. best PVE ive played in a long time.
  • winterwinter Member UncommonPosts: 2,281

I started with Runescape. Then WoW. Then SWG (Wasn't THAT bad). Then Tabula Rasa. Then Warhammer. Then SWTOR which I waited for every single day since I heard of it being worked on in 2009, busted my balls. Then Wurm. Then GW2. Then EVE. And after that they stopped being worth remembering game titles. Why has the MMORPG industry gone from the most creative and influential to this cynical cancerous cyst? What are CEOs thinking when they make a business plan that comes down to - copy WoW and cash out as much as we can before we close the doors.

It's ridiculous how marginal the advancement of MMOs has become. I know I'm not alone in these feelings. Right now I'm counting the days to when Embers of Caerus will be released and I won't have to worry about horrible MMOs anymore, but that's a good 3 or so years away. I need something to sate my appetite and my appetite isn't end game raids and pvp. MMOs shouldn't HAVE an end game. You should never get to the point where you can't even think of anything else to do because you've already done it, but this is the MMO market of today.

Are there any innovative MMOs that are either already out there or very close to release that I haven't heard about? Surfing the list of 600 sum MMOs would take a good month. I'm about to abandon MMOs entirely because I've just lost so much faith in the genre.

HALP PLZ

OMG! OP you mean to tell me every MMO releaased since GW2 has been garbage in your opinion? Thats been what in the last 6 months? Really get a grip.

Laughably sad. Guess the ADD generation rules.

• winterwinter Member UncommonPosts: 2,281
    Originally posted by Oracle_Fefe
    Originally posted by Kaminaxius
    From what you wrote it sounds like you want a less WoW-copied MMO with more freedom and other incentives than mindless raiding

..i'd suggest you to try Darkfall:Unholy Wars when it launches (hopefully in less than a month or two) and perhaps Mortal Online which is already out and went free to play but has alot of flaws however it's still fun nontheless (I would recommend waiting for Darkfall:Unholy Wars which is currently in very early beta stage). Both of these mmo's are completely freedom-based mmo's this is an unofficial trailer of the first Darkfall game which basically sums up what Darkfall Unholy Wars will be about aswellt:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_bYYT6Wg3Gg

I heard darkfall fell short of many people's expectations

That doesn't mean it should automatically fall short of your expectations. I can understand not wanting a game like WarZ cause of how it just crashed and burned, but for games that are ehish at best are worth giving a shot.

Otherwise, you'll be asking for the perfect MMO, the one that would be top notch, that everyone would go to..then be the benchmark that people wouldn't want to play when they feel for one second that the company "doesnt deserve the hype" or is "too greedy/a cash cow."

Go try out Darkfall. Maybe TERA seeing it's goin F2P. Star Trek Online for something licensed and enjoy the series (I personally believe it's worth goin to till level 50 where I dropped it.). Mabinogi is practically the second runescape of MMOs in that it takes things differently..Just take a look at every game on the mmo list from hype level/release date and go with something that peaks your fancy.

If all that fails, widen your search parameters. Planetside 2, Team Fortress 2 are some nice FPS and TF2 is one of the most fun experiences I've had. If you just prefer grouping with friends then who knows if there are LAN parties around your area. Chivalry, Medieval Warfare is an alright "sword em up" style game where you just scream and wreck people up..

darkfall has crashed and burned just as much as warz. its had its launch put off twice just to be put out as a pay to beta beta thats hardly functional. the games many months from ready for release. Not much more crashing they could possibly due after Adventure fed their customers a bunch of lies and then took their money so they could pay to play a very broken Beta.

• funconfuncon Member UncommonPosts: 279

HALP PLZ

When EC comes out the graphics will be so out dated, no one is going to want to play it. The graphics already look like they're from the late 90s. Imagine 3 years from now how the game would look compared to modern mmo's.

• Ambros123Ambros123 Member Posts: 877

HALP PLZ

Well if it's so easy they why don't YOU design an MMO.