Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I played real life once.

Comments

• maccarthur2004maccarthur2004 Member UncommonPosts: 511

There were many BGs in the past, but nowadays the server is very idle.

• WreckoniingWreckoniing Member UncommonPosts: 279
    i was really excited for the event on december 21st but the cancelled it, its not the first time these events have been cancelled....
    You cant choose your character gender. The good part of it is that almost all female characters are genuine.

• 3-4thElf3-4thElf Member Posts: 489

I hit spacebar and nothing happened! Other people could jump. Just cuz my race is Chalky means I can't jump? What a jip. I'm sueing.

PS The F2P version is a P2W cash shop scam.

a yo ho ho

Originally posted by Robokapp
    Originally posted by Jemcrystal
    The graphics were good but the story line sucked.

how's the endgame ?

is it perma-death ?

instanced or open world? full loot ?

The PVP system is as follows:

- Permadeath.

- 100% open world.

- Full Loot

- Very harsh consequences to pk (has some variations between zones).

- Is gear-dependent, but the gear isn't so hard to acquire and the difference between the players is small or none.

- There are few and weak buffs.

- The HP recovery is very slow. There is not instant heal.

- Is very meaningful.

The PVE system:

- Painfully grindish.

- Is obrigatory PVE to avoid status damage or even permadeath.

- You cant craft anything.

- The economy is very strong, dinamic, complex and 100% player driven.

-  To group is more obrigatory than optional.

-  Politics, diplomacy and social behavior/skills are of extreme importance for the character progression.

• delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 7,081
    I cant seem to make any gold !!!!
  • sapphensapphen Member UncommonPosts: 911
    Originally posted by delete5230

Tell me about it.  It starts out as free2play but you end up having to get a subscription.  Mounts and player housing is way too expensive but the game practially forces you to get them.  If you don't do your daily quests you can't pay for anything and then the GMs tax the crap out you.

In my opinion, the game is doomed to fail.

Originally posted by sapphen

Tell me about it.  It starts out as free2play but you end up having to get a subscription.  Mounts and player housing is way too expensive but the game practially forces you to get them.  If you don't do your daily quests you can't pay for anything and then the GMs tax the crap out you.

But we are doomed to play it anyway.

• AnnwynAnnwyn Member UncommonPosts: 2,854
    Originally posted by maccarthur2004
    Originally posted by sapphen

But we are doomed to play it anyway.

So it's a losing game then.

• Ralphie2449Ralphie2449 Member UncommonPosts: 572

well thats reality though, it shows if your skilled or not

and its free, you dont need to pay to feel better for your skilled successes

because you cant feel good from it like from fake video games(that you pay to say how awesome you are when you win a line of predetermined commands. That was intentionally planned by a developer that wants money) doesnt mean its bad for everyone

aka

because you cant succed there and need to pay games to feel successful doesnt mean everyone hates it and isnt capable of success

only bad thing is that it lacks immortality for the few :p

• MawneeMawnee Member UncommonPosts: 245
    I regret buying the lifetime sub.
  • TerranahTerranah Member UncommonPosts: 3,575

The longer you  play the weaker you get...should be the opposite.  Permadeath sucks.  Too many diseases, too much downtime.  Why do some players get more skill points and bonuses when they start their character...totally unfair.

I'm gender locked.  Not enough customization options. Body slider?

• DrakadenDrakaden Member UncommonPosts: 138

They made so you have to eat and drink or you can die in a permadeath setting, and you have to check their quality because some can cause you a lot of unwanted illnesses short term and long term, and then you're stuck having to buy pills, which sucks if you don't have enough gold.

They also allow smoking and drinking alcohol, though unlike the other MMOs, you can really taste their feels, and smoking smells, they should change it to a strawberry smell.

• AnthurAnthur Member UncommonPosts: 961
    It's a sandbox in which most people have no clue what to do so they play it like a themepark.
  • futnatusfutnatus Member Posts: 193

The difficulty scales up ridiculously, and like almost everything its geographically/faction dependant, and you can't even choose either of those for yourself.

There's no magic and going with a melee build strictly can limit your gold income.  There are a lot of skills you can train in but when considering the gold income from each profession, you rather train in just a specific few.  Totally imbalanaced.

• CorthalaCorthala Member UncommonPosts: 283
    The Tutorial is to big!

"you are like the world revenge on sarcasm, you know that?"

One of those great lines from The Secret World

• TofkeTofke Member UncommonPosts: 342
    Man that joke is so 1990, keeps popping up here every few months :/
  • Ralphie2449Ralphie2449 Member UncommonPosts: 572
    Originally posted by tofke
    Man that joke is so 1990, keeps popping up here every few months :/

true, imo its funny how most gamers hate irl and love games while being in denial about why they do it even if the truth is in front of their own very eyes. Blaming the world for being bad and not fun(sorry the problem isnt in the world) and never looking at themselves cuz based on what games tell them, they are awesome unique heroes who do great stuff

everyone gets what they deserve in life and what they deserve is based on their skill and not how good or nice you are..

I guess thats where the saying comes from "You can be as bad as you are capable but the opposite doesnt apply"

• mindw0rkmindw0rk Member UncommonPosts: 1,356

Tried to PK some noob. Got penalties before even finishing. PvP sucks in this game, count me out.

Back to AoW

• ElsaboltsElsabolts Member RarePosts: 3,476

Real life has many faces and one of them the VC feared very much, was in the night when the Men with green faces would come.

" Charlie Mike "

" Life Liberty and the Pursuit of Those Who  Would Threaten It "
                                            MAGA
  • sapphensapphen Member UncommonPosts: 911
    Originally posted by Wolfy2449

true, imo its funny how most gamers hate irl and love games while being in denial about why they do it even if the truth is in front of their own very eyes. Blaming the world for being bad and not fun(sorry the problem isnt in the world) and never looking at themselves cuz based on what games tell them, they are awesome unique heroes who do great stuff

everyone gets what they deserve in life and what they deserve is based on their skill and not how good or nice you are..

I guess thats where the saying comes from "You can be as bad as you are capable but the opposite doesnt apply"

I think you're taking this thread too seriously.  Roleplaying is nice but you've got to step out of characters sometimes.  RL is about as much skill based as it is luck based.  On top of that it also depends on what kind of skills you leveled up - you may can play the spoons like nobody's business but don't expect to release a hit album doing it.

Did someone craft you a bowl of cheerios with pee?

• krevrakrevra Member UncommonPosts: 50
    Game is totally pay to win, and even worse its a pay to play title. Cash shop op.
  • TorgrimTorgrim Member CommonPosts: 2,088
    Crafting have such a steep and long learning curve I can't be bother with it.

If it's not broken, you are not innovating.

• HolophonistHolophonist Member UncommonPosts: 2,091
    The in-game economy is currently pretty screwed up.
  • MyTabbycatMyTabbycat Member UncommonPosts: 316
    I've spent so many hours just trying to read all the books in this game.