Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Aventurine SA ; and a possibly imminent Class Action Lawsuit.

mmorpgmanermmorpgmaner Kent, WAMember Posts: 244

Hello, I am speaking on behalf of me and some colleagues of mine that over time have compiled together, documented, solid evidence that show Aventurinen faults when it comes to running a company. From fraud to complete consumer misuse and everything in between, we believe we have more than enough information to file a Class Action Lawsuit against the wish-washy company. Over time, we have gathered over 50 supporters from outside our group that have provided more evidence and support.

We come to the community today to ask this simple question: Do you want this to happen? We have the means to do it. What would you like to see come out of it?


As well, we are giving the greater community a chance to submit anything they deem worthy to us and it may be added into the lawsuit.

Aventurine has gone un-scathed for far too long.


We have done this because there has already been countless attempts to get Aventurines attention that the community is fed up with their actions, and sadly this seems to be the only way to affect them.


What would you like done, community?

«1

Comments

  • HeretiqueHeretique Member Posts: 1,307 Uncommon
    Sure, why not.

    Originally posted by salsa41
    are you have problem ?

  • DMKanoDMKano Gamercentral, AKMember Posts: 13,460 Legendary
    Courtroom PvP - ouch
  • DrunkWolfDrunkWolf Member Posts: 1,260 Uncommon
    if only i had a nickle for every time sombody thinks they are going to sue a MMO company.....
  • niceguy3978niceguy3978 Gainesville, FLMember Posts: 1,969 Uncommon
    Originally posted by mmorpgmaner
    Hello, I am speaking on behalf of me and some colleagues of mine that over time have compiled together, documented, solid evidence that show Aventurinen faults when it comes to running a company. From fraud to complete consumer misuse and everything in between, we believe we have more than enough information to file a Class Action Lawsuit against the wish-washy company. Over time, we have gathered over 50 supporters from outside our group that have provided more evidence and support. We come to the community today to ask this simple question: Do you want this to happen? We have the means to do it. What would you like to see come out of it?
    As well, we are giving the greater community a chance to submit anything they deem worthy to us and it may be added into the lawsuit. Aventurine has gone un-scathed for far too long.
    We have done this because there has already been countless attempts to get Aventurines attention that the community is fed up with their actions, and sadly this seems to be the only way to affect them.
    What would you like done, community?

    You would have to show that they did something worthy of being sued.  Where would you sue them at?  The U.S., Greece?  Does Greece even allow class action suits?  Good luck getting them to court in the U.S.

  • RobokappRobokapp Dublin, OHMember Posts: 5,733 Uncommon
    Originally posted by FromHell
    [mod edit]

    nobody is above the law. if they're innocent, they got nothing to fear.

     

    and I'm European.

    image

  • TymorisTymoris AthensMember Posts: 158 Uncommon
    Originally posted by niceguy3978
    Originally posted by mmorpgmaner
    Hello, I am speaking on behalf of me and some colleagues of mine that over time have compiled together, documented, solid evidence that show Aventurinen faults when it comes to running a company. From fraud to complete consumer misuse and everything in between, we believe we have more than enough information to file a Class Action Lawsuit against the wish-washy company. Over time, we have gathered over 50 supporters from outside our group that have provided more evidence and support. We come to the community today to ask this simple question: Do you want this to happen? We have the means to do it. What would you like to see come out of it?
    As well, we are giving the greater community a chance to submit anything they deem worthy to us and it may be added into the lawsuit. Aventurine has gone un-scathed for far too long.
    We have done this because there has already been countless attempts to get Aventurines attention that the community is fed up with their actions, and sadly this seems to be the only way to affect them.
    What would you like done, community?

    You would have to show that they did something worthy of being sued.  Where would you sue them at?  The U.S., Greece?  Does Greece even allow class action suits?  Good luck getting them to court in the U.S.

    It does allow class action suits in general since it's also a european law.

    image
  • mgilbrtsnmgilbrtsn belleville, ILMember Posts: 2,547 Rare
    lol, just lol

    Concentrate on enjoying yourself, and not on why I shouldn't enjoy myself.

  • RyrothRyroth Brecksville, OHMember Posts: 17
    probably another person that asked for a refund and they said ...No. lol good luck though
  • KyleranKyleran Paradise City, FLMember Posts: 22,781 Epic
    Seems like a silly idea, aren't there some abused animals somewhere that need saving?

    "Winning" at EVE Online since May, 2007! 

    In my day MMORPG's were so hard we fought our way through dungeons in the snow, uphill both ways.

    Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™
    "This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon


  • RobokappRobokapp Dublin, OHMember Posts: 5,733 Uncommon
    Originally posted by wyldmagik
    [mod edit]

    Uh...I think you shifted from one insult to another too abruptly there. They kinda counter each other.

     

    edit: i only have one account. someone who can check IP can confirm.

     

    I was contering the 'you must be american" argument. OP probably is. I agree with OP and I'm not.

     

    image

  • niceguy3978niceguy3978 Gainesville, FLMember Posts: 1,969 Uncommon
    Originally posted by Kyleran
    Seems like a silly idea, aren't there some abused animals somewhere that need saving?

    There are at least some cute ones we shouldn't be eating.  They aren't abused...well until they get to the frying pan.

  • RobokappRobokapp Dublin, OHMember Posts: 5,733 Uncommon
    Originally posted by wyldmagik
    Originally posted by Robokapp
    Originally posted by wyldmagik
    [mod edit]
     

    Uh...I think you shifted from one insult to another too abruptly there. They kinda counter each other.

    [mod edit]

    it's a sad flaw of not being biased. On one topic you can post in favor of a company and in the next you can post against it. Turns out posters that don't qualify as fanboy/hater are unexpected these days...

     

    image

  • CorehavenCorehaven Colorado Springs, COMember Posts: 1,533 Uncommon

    Why exactly would you be interested in suing them?  I'm asking about specifics here.  You may as well cover those bases so as not to have them repeated by others.  What reasons do you already have for going after them in court?  Specific reasons? 

     

     

  • HokieHokie Vancouver Wa.Member Posts: 1,063 Uncommon

    I call bullshit simply because youre asking our (here at MMORPG.com) "blessing" to go ahead with this.

     

    If youve been wronged along with those 50 other people who apparently all agreed to only go forward with our okay, (LOL, f**k this is some good over the top sh*t), why ask premission?

    Like the old Nike saying "Just Do It"

     

    You know what? F**k it! Throw a toga party instead, that will show them!

     

    Edit: Sh*t wrong link...ohh well that one works too!

    "I understand that if I hear any more words come pouring out of your **** mouth, Ill have to eat every fucking chicken in this room."

  • Pale_FirePale_Fire San Antonio, TXMember Posts: 360 Uncommon

    I love this.  It's hysterical.

    Sooo, exactly what damage has Aventurine SA committed against you and how much do you believe it's worth? 

    By the way, even if this were serious (and it's not), no attorney in their right mind would take on a empty case like this, at least, certainly not on contingency.  Honestly, when people actually talk about stupid lawsuit ideas like this you know their life priorities are completely screwed up. 

  • RupskulRupskul Washington, DCMember Posts: 71

    So the point of a class-action lawsuit is usually to gain compensary damages due to pain and suffering.  Since there couldn't possibly be physical damages - injuries - due to AV's negligence or fraud, then you are asking for mental damages.  To get this, you need to prove mental pain and suffering including fright, nervousness, grief, emotional trauma, anxiety, humiliation, or indignity.

    So tell me ... what exactly did they do to cause you such mental pain? 

    Or perhaps you are interested in punitive damages to "teach them a lesson." So you will need to prove that their conduct is particularly willful, wanton, malicious, vindictive, or oppressive. Good luck with that.

    Honestly, you sound like a guy in college who took a pre-law class and now you want to flex your new mental muscles.  Should you deserve a refund if you demand it?  Yes.  If they deny that refund, could you sue and get your money?  Yes.  But in the end, a class action suit would only mean a lot of people banning together to get their money back.  No way in hell they'd allow it to go that far.  They'd just give you your money back.

    So basically, you are just full of shit.  Go back to your video games and forget law ... you are just trying to show how far you can piss.

  • DarkestNiteDarkestNite Laplata, MDMember Posts: 8
    You should check the Terms of Service, NDA, and other AV disclaimers it explifies them from ALOT of legal action. Yet if you made an account you agreed that whatever they put in it is good for you.
  • RobokappRobokapp Dublin, OHMember Posts: 5,733 Uncommon
    Originally posted by wyldmagik
    and our resident robocop about it all is "24"

    Yes sir. I am 24 indeed.

    edit: and not the OP.

     

    image

  • dotdotdashdotdotdash Llandrindod WellsMember Posts: 416 Uncommon
    Originally posted by Rupskul
    Originally posted by Robokapp
     

    [mod edit]

     

    [mod edit]

    [mod edit]

    That's a little sociopathic.

  • mmorpgmanermmorpgmaner Kent, WAMember Posts: 244

    I have personally not lost out on anything to the company. I, myself, have donated 100$+month for years to them because I'd like to see the game successful. I have however been compiling information about the company since before the launch of the original game, and have communicated with current and ex-employees and investors of the company.


    You have all the right to flame us for wanting to help others' and open the eyes of game developers as a whole to stop the mistreating of consumers. We have not released all or any of the information we have compiled for specific reasons, you may talk to one of the many attorney's we have on our team and working with us for the specifics of this.


    If I were in your shoes I would have a similar reaction, but time will for sure tell the outcome. We are not moving forward with this 100%, but we have more than enough evidence/arguments required to go forward with the motion.


    We have a date set to decide whether or not to go through with it, Aventurines actions will determine this.


    Just looking for thoughts of those that have followed this company as close as we have over the years, as well as response' from those newly introduced with the company.


    All flaming, constructive and destructive feedback is GREATLY appreciated!

  • DarkestNiteDarkestNite Laplata, MDMember Posts: 8
    Also remember, a beta is not technically considered a consumer product or even a video game in general, and although it seems like you paid for a beta, you actually didnt cuz its a pre order for a product that hasnt even been finished yet, which they made pretty clear when they released a beta for it. As in the game hasnt even been finished its testing phase yet. I wonder if they would have even completed the game if no one preordered it. But i doubt that you will have the ability to take any legal action against AV based on the number of hurdles you will have jump to even set this up.
  • RupskulRupskul Washington, DCMember Posts: 71
    Originally posted by dotdotdash
    [mod edit]

    That's a little sociopathic.

    Really?  How so?  Am I lacking moral responsibility by pointing out a flaw in someone's reasoning? 

    In the words of Inigo Montoya (Princess Bride):  I do not believe that word means what you think it means ...

  • wyldmagikwyldmagik SouthamptonMember Posts: 444 Uncommon
    Originally posted by mmorpgmaner
    I have personally not lost out on anything to the company. I, myself, have donated 100$+month for years to them because I'd like to see the game successful. I have however been compiling information about the company since before the launch of the original game, and have communicated with current and ex-employees and investors of the company.
    You have all the right to flame us for wanting to help others' and open the eyes of game developers as a whole to stop the mistreating of consumers. We have not released all or any of the information we have compiled for specific reasons, you may talk to one of the many attorney's we have on our team and working with us for the specifics of this.
    If I were in your shoes I would have a similar reaction, but time will for sure tell the outcome. We are not moving forward with this 100%, but we have more than enough evidence/arguments required to go forward with the motion.
    We have a date set to dec

    You are still not answering me...

    More lovely strangeness look :D

    mmorpgmaner - Apprentice Member Member since January 9, 2007

    Last Visit: January 12, 2013 18 year old Male from Kent, WA, United States

     

    The other guy Im saying is you is 24 he just said hes 24.. lol's

     

    2013 minus 2007 = 6

    18yrs of age at 2007 joining + the 6 = 24

    very coincidental :D

    stop being a douche and drop this charade.

     

  • RupskulRupskul Washington, DCMember Posts: 71
    Originally posted by mmorpgmaner
    I have personally not lost out on anything to the company. I, myself, have donated 100$+month for years to them because I'd like to see the game successful. I have however been compiling information about the company since before the launch of the original game, and have communicated with current and ex-employees and investors of the company.
    You have all the right to flame us for wanting to help others' and open the eyes of game developers as a whole to stop the mistreating of consumers. We have not released all or any of the information we have compiled for specific reasons, you may talk to one of the many attorney's we have on our team and working with us for the specifics of this.
    If I were in your shoes I would have a similar reaction, but time will for sure tell the outcome. We are not moving forward with this 100%, but we have more than enough evidence/arguments required to go forward with the motion.
    We have a date set to dec

    I see.  So you are now looking out for the welfare of others in this?  That's awesome.  Maybe you should drag them to the Jerry Springer show.  Otherwise, you are going to get laughed at and thrown out of court.

     

     

  • RobokappRobokapp Dublin, OHMember Posts: 5,733 Uncommon
    Originally posted by wyldmagik
    Originally posted by Robokapp
    Originally posted by wyldmagik
    and our resident robocop about it all is "24"

    Yes sir. I am 24 indeed.

    edit: and not the OP.

     

    Seems you still refuse to answer though regarding why you said "and Im European" I can hardly take it that you were just showing off where you were from on the map.

     

     

    Because somewhere in post #6 someone made the statement

    "you must be american I'm 100% sure"

    as if geography is an argument.

     

    My statement countered it by pointing out someone from another part of the globe can share OP's view. Or rather be against his opposing point of view.

     

    Why "European" and not my actual country? well it sounds a lot better than the shithole I'm from. It's a lot to the east of europe, in the mess we call Balkans. I'm sure it'd be trivial to figure out what conutry that is given my rich internet activity if you really cared.

    image

«1
This discussion has been closed.