Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Was the reason ArcheAge went to Russia 1st because we're full of criticism?

124»

Comments

• Lazarus71Lazarus71 Member UncommonPosts: 1,081
    Originally posted by centrik91

This is the most embarrasing thread I've ever seen on this website in a long time.

Agreed, how a lot of these responses have not been removed is beyond my understanding. Maybe it's because my fat lazy American ass is to stupid to understand.

No signature, I don't have a pen

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,505
    Originally posted by xAPOCx
    Originally posted by Jemcrystal

Was Russia chosen because the people are more receptive and less gripe, bitch, and moan? 

yes

Russian's don't gripe and bitch less than anyone else.  Just no one really understands them when they do.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• jacklojacklo Member Posts: 570

I've played with a lot of Russians over the years and they're no different to you and I.

They still bitch about the same things that we do and they enjoy the same things that we do.

• LlexXLlexX Member UncommonPosts: 200

Back in the days while WoW came out and took over the western market (particularly the US) it didn't had such a high impact in Russia, they preferred to play L2 instead, which became a "national MMO" there.

Now with AA the Russians see a "messiah" returning back, since it has many features common with L2, and thats why it is more popular in Russia than in the US, russians like the open world PvP and not afraid to take the risks, while the players from US are preferring the WoW style with no open world PvP and no risk of dying and losing stuff.

While the EU is more split between these 2 types of gaming styles.

• ValentinaValentina Member RarePosts: 2,081
    First of all, this thread has become a major "bitch about americans" thread by a number of you. The USA, and Britain are very high on international work ethic lists, with Japan ranking higher than both of us so before you start criticizing an entire region, country, or group of people, how about you take a moment to think logically? :)  I'm pretty sure it's as simple as they managed to ink a Russian publishing deal before they came through with the NA/EU ones. Also, this doesn't mean Russia is getting the game before we are, it just means that their publisher may be made public first. XLgames has been working on localization of the english version for a long time now, according to Jake Song on twitter. We very well may get ArcheAge at the same time, or even before Russia does. Ya'll should stop blowing up over this and making a mountain out of a molehill, relax and play your games.
  • jonrd463jonrd463 Member UncommonPosts: 607

As an American who works 60+ hours a week, and enjoys games with a healthy dose of challenge (there goes your "lazy" and "stupid" stereotypes right there), let me just give a broad "fuck off" to those of you who've been allowed to fling broadly stroked bashes at my country and her people with impunity. I know someone is going to report this post, and I know that it will probably get deleted and earn me some sort of disciplinary action by the MMORPG.com staff, but I would ask that staff member to give this thread a thorough look and see that maybe some sort of biting back by a lazy, dumb, stupid, fat American might be a little bit justified, given what has been allowed to take place here.

"You'll never win an argument with an idiot because he is too stupid to recognize his own defeat." ~Anonymous

• disownationdisownation Member UncommonPosts: 243

It pains me to see that no one here understands what is going on outside their own little box.

If you want to know why ArcheAge went to Russia first, simply google BRICS. America and the UK are broke and massively in debt. Their economies are collapsing. There is no more money to be made in the US or UK. Economies are shifting to China, Russia, India and Brazil for future growth and profit.

This is the real reason why AA went to Russia first. Pay attention people. Pay attention.

• infamouswhoisinfamouswhois Member Posts: 185
    Originally posted by disownation

It pains me to see that no one here understands what is going on outside their own little box.

If you want to know why ArcheAge went to Russia first, simply google BRICS. America and the UK are broke and massively in debt. Their economies are collapsing. There is no more money to be made in the US or UK. Economies are shifting to China, Russia, India and Brazil for future growth and profit.

This is the real reason why AA went to Russia first. Pay attention people. Pay attention.

pretty much....theres a world that exist besides "merica!"

• MMOdad72MMOdad72 Member Posts: 93

Most moronic sentence of the day on mmorpg today by far.

• YaevinduskYaevindusk Member RarePosts: 2,094

Holy thread necromancy, Batman!

Also,

Originally posted by Istavaan

I guess its down to the xenophobic nature of Americans and if it doesn't look American then it must be communism.

Welcome to the 1950's, apparently.

Due to frequent travel in my youth, English isn't something I consider my primary language (and thus I obtained quirky ways of writing).  German and French were always easier for me despite my family being U.S. citizens for over a century.  Spanish I learned as a requirement in school, Japanese and Korean I acquired for my youthful desire of anime and gaming (and also work now).  I only debate in English to help me work with it (and limit things).  In addition, I'm not smart enough to remain fluent in everything and typically need exposure to get in the groove of things again if I haven't heard it in a while.  If you understand Mandarin, I know a little, but it has actually been a challenge and could use some help.

Also, I thoroughly enjoy debates and have accounts on over a dozen sites for this.  If you wish to engage in such, please put effort in a post and provide sources -- I will then do the same with what I already wrote (if I didn't) as well as with my responses to your own.  Expanding my information on a subject makes my stance either change or strengthen the next time I speak of it or write a thesis.  Allow me to thank you sincerely for your time.
  • NiburuNiburu Member UncommonPosts: 402
    The developer simply has some contacts to russia. I dont know if it is fanbase related or with other development teams
  • disownationdisownation Member UncommonPosts: 243
    Originally posted by MMOdad72

That's fine if you do not see it. I will not stop you nor try to convince you otherwise. You are free to believe what you want.

• elyssariaelyssaria Member UncommonPosts: 45
    Originally posted by negativf4kk

Russian MMO market more profitable and got more potential. Lineage still got big following. Aion is still P2P.

Western gamers want easy games. Also western mmo market full of new upcoming mmo.

The lamest excuse I have heard it that one that western players want easy games. *sigh* Me and every one I know playing MMOs in Sweden have REPEATEDLY been asking in games forum for a MMO that brings the difficulty and risk vs reward system more back to the old precious EQ style. Every friggin dumb down of the games have been something we are against! 

So don't come here and say that all western people want easy games that's just a lame excuse. Sure there are alot of people who like to play WoW which is imo one of those "dumbed down" games, but that still doesn't mean they like more hardcore games either, more so that pure fact that blizzard released a game that at that point hooked people up. The biggest reason MMO's are failing imo is that they are way to easy to play. For example as soon someone reaches max level (preferably within max a month in many players oppinion) then they expect to be able to raid directly and do it with fairly ease. Then they are surprised that people play past all the content too fast?? 

EQ was a perfect example of a good paced progression in the game.... once people got to max level and started to end the raiding content and endgame, then they released a fully new expansion that kept the players busy until the next expansion.

As long you keep you playerbase busy with new things to experience whether it is crafting, exploring, raiding, cityconstruction etc etc then they don't need the quick leveling pace. Also have a slow leveling curve but put in some minilevels (ie where you get a point now and then to distribute to something good until you reach your normal lvl up) since that makes the slow leveling pace become much more interesting as well.

So to conclude - don't generalize! There are people from all over the world that prefer the slow leveling style as well as there are people playing wow and enjoy the quick leveling style as well. I also fail to see that ie russians like the slow leveling style more then western people IF the leveling is just a pointless grind of repeating the same content over and over. If you have a slow leveling curve with alot of new things to do during that time then I have hard to see anyone complain about that.

/E

• VorthanionVorthanion Member RarePosts: 2,749
    Originally posted by fenistil

ArcheAge has big fan playerbase in Russia.

They have more people in beta, their fansites are big and last but not least Russians don't bitch about "omg I actually have to spend time in this game to achieve something" or "omg I might get killed in this game" or "it is so grindy I cannot level to max level in 2 weeks in ArcheAge".

That's are reasons.

ArcheAge has a chance in the west, but amount of bitching this game will get from NA & EU playerbase will be astounding.

Many people write that they don't want easy-mode or quick conveniant levelling path and similar things, but once they get it it is "gtfo with this grinder Fail" attitude.

+ more people in Russia will have knowegedle about what kind of game it is (rememebr AA so no NDA at all).

I know people that are talking about how they wait for AA and when they saw combat they said "it is not action combat FAIL!"

when it is known for 2 years and there are thousand of videos on youtube that show that AA has tradicional combat system.

How can you have interest in game for weeks and have not watch few freely conveniently avabile videos about it?

I sometimes lose faith in people.

People and cultures have different tastes and that includes games and entertainment.  I'm quite positive there is bitching going on on any game board no matter its nationality.  I can assure you that the East is no more a gaming Nirvana than the West.  Most choices in this regard are due to finances and pre-fabricated distribution and localization advantages.

• mrw0lfmrw0lf Member Posts: 2,269
    If it ain't free, it ain't going to do well in NA/EU atm. The sub market is very limited here now and WoW pretty much black holes it.

-----
    “The person who is certain, and who claims divine warrant for his certainty, belongs now to the infancy of our species.”

• darkhalf357xdarkhalf357x Member UncommonPosts: 1,237
    Originally posted by MMOdad72

That's fine if you do not see it. I will not stop you nor try to convince you otherwise. You are free to believe what you want.

No, it is a moronic statement.  But I will not stop you nor try to convince you otherwise.  You are free to believe what you want.

• Zarak11Zarak11 Member UncommonPosts: 36

Pretty much talking.

http://secret.mail.ru/

we'l see / will Jake Song bring AA to Russia first. 

• JaddenJadden Member UncommonPosts: 13
    Originally posted by mrw0lf

If it ain't free, it ain't going to do well in NA/EU atm. The sub market is very limited here now and WoW pretty much black holes it.

Ya don't agree with this at all. If the game is good/great then it will support a sub, if it is lack luster then it won't. It's that simple. A good game will always support a sub.