Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Pathfinder Online: A Fantasy Sandbox MMO (kickstarter)

13»

Comments

• BlackUhuruBlackUhuru Member Posts: 770
    The game will be made regardless of the Kickstarters success or not.

The Kickstarter is to help hire a larger staff to push its release sooner, and also to create the crowd forgers that will help mold this game from its beginning.

"It would be awesome if you could duel your companion. Then you could solo pvp".--Thanes

• MumboJumboMumboJumbo Member UncommonPosts: 3,219

Some of the specific MMORPG attractions of the kickstarter in short order:

• Early Enrollment: (& accelerated development est: mid-2014) at $100 tier with x4 months thrown in.
    • Destiny's Twin = train a second character for for no extra training-cost when you train your first character on one account.
    • Guild Land Rush!! Support your guild in a vote to be provided with a hex ready to settle: This is to seed the mmo with guids already formed to create all the infrastructure for the game economy.
    • Race Vote: Choose which race is added first to the game
    • Pit-Fighter Combat Tool: In late 2013 (assuming funding ks success) a combat tool will be released for players to play-test the combat: See more: Announcing Pathfinder Online: Pit Fight!
    • Various character options as bonus add-ons to pledges.
    • Shieldmate: During the kickstarter the Adventurer and Crowdforger levels can "invite a friend": Any time two or more characters with the Shieldmate Mark are in a party, everyone with the Shieldmate Mark will gain a synergy bonus.
    Two days left to pledge!

If you've ever thought about backing a project this is the perfect opportunity. Wonderful RPG company make a mmo for RPG players!

You even get tons of swag with your pledge, money well worth it!

Go go go go and support your local RPG developers in creating there dream mmo!!

"It would be awesome if you could duel your companion. Then you could solo pvp".--Thanes

• GraeyGraey Member UncommonPosts: 281
    Originally posted by MumboJumbo

Pathfinder Online: A Fantasy Sandbox MMO

PathfinderOnlineKickstarter

SANDBOX FEATURES @ A GLANCE:

• Player-Player Contracts - replace quests
    • Player formed factions - all/any eg as per EVE
    • Skill-Training Progression -> 2.5yrs to max level earliest in x1 role only
    • Player created settlements -> Each Hex (256) can be conquered and controlled
    • Player formed Armies -> Real formations
    • Virtual Economy -> full-blown autonomous economy (not simulated)
    • Player Crafting item production and PvE Resource Cycle (maj. item creation by players)
    • Career Skills as well as Combat Skills (bounty-hunter, bandit, diplomat, tavern owner...)
    • Alignment, Reputation, Politics & Open-World PvP (EVE style again)
    • NPC Alliances (changes which mobs are friend/foe
    • Single-server World map - all game story is shared by all players

& more at the blogs: https://goblinworks.com/blog/

Updates:

Update #29: UNITY

Update #30: MAC SUPPORT

Looks interesting. I do have a question though. If they don't succeed on their kickstarter can they do a new one? Also if they don't get the funds what does it mean in terms of the game, will it be released or must it will take longer to do so?

• BlueMountainBlueMountain Member UncommonPosts: 147
    Originally posted by Graey

Looks interesting. I do have a question though. If they don't succeed on their kickstarter can they do a new one? Also if they don't get the funds what does it mean in terms of the game, will it be released or must it will take longer to do so?

If the kickstarter doesn't make the million development will continue but release is expected to be about a year farther out. I don't think they'll do a new kickstarter but who knows.

To dream, perhaps to be.

• MumboJumboMumboJumbo Member UncommonPosts: 3,219
    Originally posted by BlueMountain
    Originally posted by Graey

If the kickstarter doesn't make the million development will continue but release is expected to be about a year farther out. I don't think they'll do a new kickstarter but who knows.

They have funding already: But the KS is to speed up dev for early enrollment for mid-2014.

Let's just make sure the Kickstarter Campaign makes it, first!

• MrJones77MrJones77 Member Posts: 17
    I believe GW has stated that if this KS doesn't pan out, they will not start another one. As others have stated, they have funding this KS was just a way to help speed up development.
  • BlueMountainBlueMountain Member UncommonPosts: 147
    That is my understanding too. However they could do what Roberts Space Industries (Star Citizen: looks sharp) has been doing, which is selling perks/ships/skins right on their website.

To dream, perhaps to be.

$860k woot!!!!

Support your local RPG developers make their dream mmo!

Plus you get awesome swag!!!