Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Grinding Axis?

Sal1Sal1 Member UncommonPosts: 430
What is with this game and the axe grinding taking place over here? lol I've seen this over and over and over. I'm not saying it's bad or good or anything I was just wondering why?

Comments

• ObiClownobiObiClownobi Member Posts: 186
    Originally posted by Sal1
    What is with this game and the axe grinding taking place over here? lol I've seen this over and over and over. I'm not saying it's bad or good or anything I was just wondering why?

It's the new MO.

"It's a sandbox, if you are not willing to create a castle then all you have is sand" - jtcgs

• pittpetepittpete Member Posts: 233

Hey, how are ya?

Current players of the game are tired of a few bad apples here going out of the way to bash a game some people still happen to enjoy. Theres one thing about trying a game and not liking it, but these guys are just malicious.

Recently a new marketing plan has been released and these guys are afraid new players might actually come over and try it.

They are scared because they have personal vendettas against the games developers which is clearly evident by their ongoing posts.

S!

• UristMcDwarfUristMcDwarf Member UncommonPosts: 111
    Originally posted by pittpete

Hey, how are ya?

Current players of the game are tired of a few bad apples here going out of the way to bash a game some people still happen to enjoy. Theres one thing about trying a game and not liking it, but these guys are just malicious.

Recently a new marketing plan has been released and these guys are afraid new players might actually come over and try it.

They are scared because they have personal vendettas against the games developers which is clearly evident by their ongoing posts.

S!

Wait, that's the marketing plan? To come here on new accounts and spread the good word of WWIIOL while damning the heretics? Didn't you guys already try that?

Why not get someone talented to create a new trailer showcasing what this game has to offer and have the fans spread awareness on sites like Reddit? Heck, I once saw a thread showing how awesome the armor penetration was and people loved it... well, until they saw the (then)prices LOL.

I dunno. Seems like wasted effort to come here and combat the haters yet again.

Currently Playing:
    nothing :(

• MouzurXMouzurX Member Posts: 44

There is a new trailer being made atm :) I'm really looking forward to it.

And the advertisement is done under the assumption that people will just click on it and get linked to the website with information about the game.

• pittpetepittpete Member Posts: 233

I' log in to the site every now and then.

Im here on my own accord, can't speak for the others.

I don't feel it's a waste of time, I find it rather conducive for the cause

Thanks for the concern thoughimage

• wrath04wrath04 Member Posts: 89

I' log in to the site every now and then.

Im here on my own accord, can't speak for the others.

I don't feel it's a waste of time, I find it rather conducive for the cause

Thanks for the concern thoughimage

I'm 100% agreeing with this, I also am here on my own accord and do not think this is a waste of time at all.

I've read a few times already that there is nothing to be gained here by opposing the hate and I call BS on that. If that were true then why would there be so much over-bashing of the game going on in here. The way I see it, this place looks like the front lines.

!S

Originally posted by UristMcDwarf

Hey, how are ya?

S!

Wait, that's the marketing plan? To come here on new accounts and spread the good word of WWIIOL while damning the heretics? Didn't you guys already try that?

Why not get someone talented to create a new trailer showcasing what this game has to offer and have the fans spread awareness on sites like Reddit? Heck, I once saw a thread showing how awesome the armor penetration was and people loved it... well, until they saw the (then)prices LOL.

I dunno. Seems like wasted effort to come here and combat the haters yet again.

Might seem to you like a wasted effort if you hate the game, sure! But to those of us who still play it, It's the least we could do mate:)

!Salute

Originally posted by wrath04

Might seem to you like a wasted effort if you hate the game, sure! But to those of us who still play it, It's the least we could do mate:)

!Salute

Well, I'm not saying getting people to play the game is a wasted effort. I'm just saying getting people from here to play is a wasted effort. Like I said before - you guys have already tried this once before and it didn't work. I mean look at who your audience is.. it's ex players who have little to no intentions of returning. And if there are potential lurkers they're probably going to think you're salesmen (fresh accounts, little posting history, overly gleaming posts, etc).

Also I'm not much of a hater. I only quit playing because the playerbase dropped into the double digits when I played. Just seemed like a waste of money to me.

But hey glad to see they do have a new trailer coming. I just hope they take inspiration from this trailer. image That one rocks and it's what I always show when recommending WWIIOL to people. But as you can see it's quite dated these days.

Currently Playing:

!Salute

Well, I'm not saying getting people to play the game is a wasted effort. I'm just saying getting people from here to play is a wasted effort. Like I said before - you guys have already tried this once before and it didn't work. I mean look at who your audience is.. it's ex players who have little to no intentions of returning. And if there are potential lurkers they're probably going to think you're salesmen (fresh accounts, little posting history, overly gleaming posts, etc).

Also I'm not much of a hater. I only quit playing because the playerbase dropped into the double digits when I played. Just seemed like a waste of money to me.

But hey glad to see they do have a new trailer coming. I just hope they take inspiration from this trailer. image That one rocks and it's what I always show when recommending WWIIOL to people. But as you can see it's quite dated these days.

Damn wall of text anyway:)

How can you say it's a wasted effort and remain honest with yourself? I mean how do you really know that no one on this site will sub? With respect to your opinion,The fact is, you dont :) You really think the only people on this site are ex and disgruntled players ? I really doubt that ,and as far as a post count and all that goes, It really doesn't matter how many posts you have if your message is true..I have a low post count on the ww2ol forums too and I've been here on this site since 2011 so I didn't come here JUST to defend the game, I was here a little before that.

.And let's face it, the message, up till now, has been pretty one-sided with alot of emotional posting and misrepresentation of fact to an audience of disgruntled players shouting OFF WITH THIER HEADS! Comon man are you really going to defend that? If the answer is"Yes" , well, what more can I say mate :) I personally think you are WAAAY smarter than that.

To your point about us looking like salesman, I look at it this way,Every one of us who plays an MMOG is a salesman IF you love your game no matter what game you play, in the sense that you need to keep plugging the game you love if you want to keep playing it whether you play wow, planetside,ww2ol, or whatever.

Trust me when I say I really MISS how the game used to be! I really do ! The population, some of the rules that were changed, ect, ect. But it's 2013 and I have to roll with the times and deal with it, and the game I love to play still is the most thrilling game I've ever played hand's down.

I really wish you were in Charlieville last night when we had allied forces moving in on us from every direction, dont know the numbers, dont care, but what a thrilling good time with PLENTY of action to be had by all on both sides! I could go on but to keep this post from becomming an AAR, i'll stop there:) But my point is this game is still fun and I really hope you and others here give it another chance, and that's why most of us are here.

Thanks for getting back to my post mate!

!Salute

• Company0Company0 Member Posts: 36

Darn you evil Axis Swine :P

We'll retake Charleville yet! Just have to figure out how to get people across those bridges... floating pontoon of sherman tanks?

Originally posted by Company0

Darn you evil Axis Swine :P

We'll retake Charleville yet! Just have to figure out how to get people across those bridges... floating pontoon of sherman tanks?

LOL yeah ,that was fun. you guys had your stamp on the E side for quite a while, that darn SE cp was a bugger! The armor support once we got that bridge back up saved our bacon.... SPEED, Spearheaded that bridge repair mission, was a head's up move on his part!

!S

How can you say it's a wasted effort and remain honest with yourself? I mean how do you really know that no one on this site will sub? With respect to your opinion,The fact is, you dont :) You really think the only people on this site are ex and disgruntled players ? I really doubt that ,and as far as a post count and all that goes, It really doesn't matter how many posts you have if your message is true..I have a low post count on the ww2ol forums too and I've been here on this site since 2011 so I didn't come here JUST to defend the game, I was here a little before that.

I know this because I can look at the history, unfortunately. Yeah, I'm a broken record but the game is still in the same condition as it was when you last tried recruiting people here. Do you remember that? When XOOM started a kickstarter-like project in hopes of raising $3000 for advertising in the MMORPG newsletter?

Yeah, I suppose you might encourage some people to subscribe. But that isn't going to be enough to change things. Which you might say job well done for recruiting those few.. but if that were true you would be a regular poster here on the forums. But you're not. The truth is you're just here because of the Hero Program.. which, like I said, you would be better off on sites with an active community. This forum, as you can see, is quite dead except for the ex players.

And let's face it, the message, up till now, has been pretty one-sided with alot of emotional posting and misrepresentation of fact to an audience of disgruntled players shouting OFF WITH THIER HEADS! Comon man are you really going to defend that? If the answer is"Yes" , well, what more can I say mate :) I personally think you are WAAAY smarter than that.

Yeah, I hear you on that. But once you leave in a week or two it's going to go back to the way it was, sadly.

So let me reiterate my point: I'm not trying to discourage people from having proper discussions about the game. I just think if your goal is to help bring in sales you'd have a better chance somewhere else where the community is active.

Currently Playing:

• StugStug Member UncommonPosts: 387

I just think if your goal is to help bring in sales you'd have a better chance somewhere else where the community is active.

But the point is, where the community is active the game does quite well :)

That's like saying we can't go to a Bar because we won't fit in, when actually, its a free bar and all are welcome?

Im not looking for "Success" im looking for a fair hearing instead of the Bar occupents spewing biased rubbish about the game.

I know this because I can look at the history, unfortunately. Yeah, I'm a broken record but the game is still in the same condition as it was when you last tried recruiting people here. Do you remember that? When XOOM started a kickstarter-like project in hopes of raising $3000 for advertising in the MMORPG newsletter?

Yeah, I suppose you might encourage some people to subscribe. But that isn't going to be enough to change things. Which you might say job well done for recruiting those few.. but if that were true you would be a regular poster here on the forums. But you're not. The truth is you're just here because of the Hero Program.. which, like I said, you would be better off on sites with an active community. This forum, as you can see, is quite dead except for the ex players.

And let's face it, the message, up till now, has been pretty one-sided with alot of emotional posting and misrepresentation of fact to an audience of disgruntled players shouting OFF WITH THIER HEADS! Comon man are you really going to defend that? If the answer is"Yes" , well, what more can I say mate :) I personally think you are WAAAY smarter than that.

Yeah, I hear you on that. But once you leave in a week or two it's going to go back to the way it was, sadly.

So let me reiterate my point: I'm not trying to discourage people from having proper discussions about the game. I just think if your goal is to help bring in sales you'd have a better chance somewhere else where the community is active.

I do see what you are saying and respect that. Just like you say you aren't here to discourage anyone from playing the game, I on the other hand am not here for any hero drive or anything but sticking up for the game I love and That's my ONLY mo. I really hope you understand this about me. I am trying like hell to change some minds here, and why? like i've said many times before, I truly love this game and don't want to see it go to hell when I know for a fact it's worth playing and fighting for/defending.

I have never felt lied to by devs, I have no contact with devs for that matter. The only thing they see from me is cash at the end of the month. the only special entitlement I have is what my sub entitles me to, and that's gameplay.

some players jump into the forums, spill thier guts out on a post in the form of an Idea about what they'd like to see happen with the game, they set themselves up to fail when the devs shoot thier"Brilliant" ideas down and they feel insulted and unsub. To me, that whole situation could've been easily avoided by just playing and having fun, state you're opinion, keep expectations realistic, and just go about life...sound's easy to me, but so many have fallen into that trap.

Anyway, as a player, I do feel it's my part to comment here ,in hopes of getting more to play WITH me...I think you understand this, and if you were in my place, might even do the same thing. is this unreasonable of me?

!S

Edit: I will look forward to your post ,I have to go right now though, I only have an hour to play before I have to log again, so it's off to play the game for me:)  !S

• HodoHodo Member Posts: 542

I thought by the title, you were asking about Axis, you know the Axis of Power/Evil, the Germans, Japanese, Italians.   You know the otherside in WWII.  

Not Axe/axes as in the tool/weapon, with a haft and a heavy blade on the end meant to chop and slash using weight and a cleaving action.  

So much crap, so little quality.

• Sal1Sal1 Member UncommonPosts: 430
    Originally posted by Hodo

I thought by the title, you were asking about Axis, you know the Axis of Power/Evil, the Germans, Japanese, Italians.   You know the otherside in WWII.  

Not Axe/axes as in the tool/weapon, with a haft and a heavy blade on the end meant to chop and slash using weight and a cleaving action.  

lol It was a play on words. Have you ever heard of  "someone with an axe to grind'?