Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

No verification email...now what?

SarielleSarielle Member Posts: 91

I went to register an account ... don't get a verification  email. It's not in my spam folder or anything. I check their support, which says to file a ticket, but apparently I need to log in to submit a ticket which means I can't tell them I can't log in, lol.

Has anyone else had this problem and found a solution? I use gmail.

Comments

• SagethornSagethorn Member UncommonPosts: 57
    just tried aswel using my ISP supplied email addy and hotmail aswel, neither are working so its not just you
  • Reas43Reas43 Member Posts: 297
    If you are talking about the EU client I had that problem so I created a new Google Mail account that one gote the verification mail just fine.
  • SarielleSarielle Member Posts: 91
    Nope, I'm talking about the US version. If one gmail account works I don't know why another one wouldn't. =/
    Just tried with a second gmail address, looks like the same thing. This might possibly be the dumbest support system I've ever seen in a game. Fantastic first impresssion, En Masse. -facepalm-
  • fldashfldash Member UncommonPosts: 227

Their email system is surely down as I've been trying for a while too without any luck...

Former xFire user... I only wanted a game tracker and messenger, not a screenshot taker, video recording, broadcasting piece of bloatware.

Yah, looks that way. Let's just hope they actually REALIZE it's down, since nobody can tell them that.
  • rajadog20rajadog20 Member Posts: 9
    I can confirm that it's not working. Tried this moring, and nothing was sent. 
    Just checked my email and I had a bunch waiting on me. Looks like they fixed it, at least for me.
  • ArduArdu Member CommonPosts: 55

I have never seen such protective system against hackers, that's why it requires the user to get verify to access the account/game from another unknow device/location.

It does take some time to get the code through the email, and depending on what email provider you have you might not even get one.

I strongly recommend changing to a better provider such as Microsoft Hotmail aka Outlook.

• jtcgsjtcgs Member Posts: 1,777
    Originally posted by Ardu

I strongly recommend changing to a better provider such as Microsoft Hotmail aka Outlook.

Outlook? I wouldnt recommend that to my worst enemy...well, yeah I would but no...just about every email virus created targets Outlook exploits.

“I hope we shall crush...in its birth the aristocracy of our moneyed corporations, which dare already to challenge our government to a trial of strength and bid defiance to the laws of our country." ~Thomes Jefferson

Originally posted by Ardu

I have never seen such protective system against hackers, that's why it requires the user to get verify to access the account/game from another unknow device/location.

It does take some time to get the code through the email, and depending on what email provider you have you might not even get one.

You'll have to pry my gmail accounts out of my cold dead fingers. I've yet to find a system that makes me happier, is easier to find what I'm looking for (especially if I remember only 1 word), or blocks more spam. I can't remember the last time I had to manually flag something as spam with Gmail.

At any rate, it was not the email as I said up there, the system was just down.

• RidelynnRidelynn Member EpicPosts: 7,383

I tried this today - my email came an hour and a half later, after the software had already timed out.

• Rider071Rider071 Member Posts: 318

I have hotmail, and was in the beta, have my old armor code from then, and this is the same comp/isp...regardless

no email responses since I tried 2 hours ago.

Just confirming this with the rest, the login is broken, what great timing to announce folks to come back and buy it, LOL.

• PivotelitePivotelite Member UncommonPosts: 2,145

I PM'd GM Minea about the problem, showing her the threads that have been popping up here and elsewhere and she made a topic about it for everyone.

http://tera-forums.enmasse.com/forums/general-discussion/topics/Email-and-Purchase-Delays

Basically states there's delays for certain things and that they are looking into rectifying it.