Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Decent game. Although, not really a f2p.

Reaper1122Reaper1122 Member Posts: 40
Games decent, played till the end of its f2p basically roughly level 8. I must say I do dislike the way they market the game even though it isn't really a f2p on par with modern f2p models and leans towards being more of a trial. Would be great if they would change it in that respect even though it won't happen.

Comments

• StonesDKStonesDK Member UncommonPosts: 1,805
    I agree Pirate101 is a bad deal for people looking to get the most bang for their empty wallets
  • Reaper1122Reaper1122 Member Posts: 40
     Not even just that if you have like 7-8 people you generally enjoy playing with it is very hard to get even a few to subscribe to a game they haven't really considered before hand.
  • KiljaedenasKiljaedenas Member Posts: 468
    Tried it myself, tend to agree with you guys. And why the hell was this nominated on the MMORPG polls for anything? It isn't that good.

Where's the any key?

• StonesDKStonesDK Member UncommonPosts: 1,805
    Originally posted by Kiljaedenas
    Tried it myself, tend to agree with you guys. And why the hell was this nominated on the MMORPG polls for anything? It isn't that good.

They paid good money for the coverage

• blakefireblakefire Member Posts: 3
    Originally posted by Starpower
    Originally posted by Kiljaedenas

They paid good money for the coverage

Because they are just as good if not better then alot of games out there and deserve the spot.

• ArduArdu Member CommonPosts: 55

KingsIsle games are very expensive, players would be spedning about $120 dollars a year.

Not to talk about their loot packs and micro transactions that players can easily spend about $60 dollars every month.

• xpowderxxpowderx Member UncommonPosts: 2,078
    Originally posted by Ardu

KingsIsle games are very expensive, players would be spedning about $120 dollars a year.

Not to talk about their loot packs and micro transactions that players can easily spend about $60 dollars every month.

LOL, 120 dollars a year to keep a gamer happy is  very cheap. Thats the equivalent of two new games..I as well as others can buy a game every month for a console system. Pirate101 is a bargain comparatively. What exactly are these packs you keep mentioning? You mean the year subscription pack for 79 dollars? Includes a free pet and a year subscription as well as crowns to boot?

• ArduArdu Member CommonPosts: 55
    Originally posted by xpowderx

LOL, 120 dollars a year to keep a gamer happy is  very cheap. Thats the equivalent of two new games..I as well as others can buy a game every month for a console system. Pirate101 is a bargain comparatively. What exactly are these packs you keep mentioning? You mean the year subscription pack for 79 dollars? Includes a free pet and a year subscription as well as crowns to boot?

While Pirate101 has not yet introduce loot packs aka hoard packs, I'm sure KingsIsle eventually will.

Loot packs will turn Pirate101 into a pure Pay to Win game, eventually players would had no choice but to gamble on packs in order to have the right gear to stay competitive.

• xpowderxxpowderx Member UncommonPosts: 2,078
    Originally posted by xpowderx

While Pirate101 has not yet introduce loot packs aka hoard packs, I'm sure KingsIsle eventually will.

Loot packs will turn Pirate101 into a pure Pay to Win game, eventually players would had no choice but to gamble on packs in order to have the right gear to stay competitive.

I doubt very much it will happen.  Tom Hall wants nothing to do with being greedy like Warner Bros/Turbine gaming dynamic! In fact KI said they hold subscribers dear and plan to keep both Wizard101 and Pirate101 subscription based. In Wizard101 they do have a loot box you can use to buy a chance at a loot item you want if it doesnt drop. But most players just re-fight the boss til the drop you want does drop.

In Pirate101 there are no crown loot drop chests. In fact once you hit Mooshu. Pretty much everything you see at the crown shop is worthless. As the drops in Mooshu are very very good! In Wizard101 which is much older.  You do not see much of a difference between drops and crown items. At high level in Wiz101 ill take the drops over anything in the crown shop as well. I got my wings in game from pvp. Just as good as those 7500  crown mounts. Here is the thing, in Wizard 101 a mount may be necessary. But in Pirate 101 they are not. Since many locations are by ship.

You may have had bad experiences with other mmos that have a shop. But it is not Pirate101!