It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!
I know that in time I will enjoy the game less, that's just the nature of everything in life. What is novel at first eventually becomes mundane. But for now I am having a great time. My background in gaming is not extensive. The only games I played for six months or more have been EQ2, SWtOR, and TSW. I feel fairly sure that GW2 will be joining that club.
So, if you're on the fence about buying it, here are the thoughts of a new player:
1) Character Creation: This element of any game is pretty important to me. If I don't have a 'beautiful' or 'dashing' looking avatar I find it very hard to get enthused. GW2 has the best character creator outside of Eve imo. Eve's is clearly better, but you can't interact with other people so I don't think it should count.
A distinctive name is another small item that is super important to me. GW2 is the first game I have played that took the absolutely best approach and allows you to create names like 'Lily Stargazer' or 'Basher The Beast'. Despite millions of people having created characters I was able to get a name that I genuinely appreciated (Pandora Winter) in less than a minute.
My score: 9/10. I would give it a 10, but it seems that once you enter the actual game world your features become a little softer, probably for FPS reasons. Still, I love the way my character looks.
2) Beautiful Game World: Without a doubt, best cities I've ever seen (remember I am not an expert and my game past is limited). The main city is filled with NPCs and really seems alive. The country side I have seen so far has been less impressive than the cities but still very well done. The different geographic formations (mountains, swamps, etc.) really do exude the ambiance you would expect from such a locale.
3) Easy Questing: You never have to join a group, or at least I haven't in my first 13 levels. I have no idea about the endgame, but then I rarely get to the endgame so that is not a priority to me. The quest givers are easy to find, the goals are clear, and just by being in the same proximity of other players you are automatically grouped for whatever event is occuring. When it's over there is no painful seperation, you just go find something else to do.
4) Crafting: I loved the crafting in EQ2, but GW2 has the best crafting I have seen yet. It is easy, intuitive, and from the start you can make useful items. Gathering materials is done by harvesting nodes that only you have access to! No more disapointment from seeing some ore, running to it, and then being beaten to the punch by one second by another player.
5) Community: The Community is very friendly (I'm on Crystal Desert) and any questions I have had have been answered quickly and politely. I have not had a lot of interaction with my fellow players as I am still trying to get my newbie legs, but some very friendly, down to earth folk seem to be the norm.
6) Ease of Use: Very polished interface. I need to print up a game manual, and I do wish that some features were explained more clearly with a mouse over such as the character stats, but small things like that are easily rectified by doing a google search. And despite that single, small flaw, there are so many innovations that the pros seriously outweigh the cons. The game designers obviously put fun first! Instead of running to a bank when my bags are full I can clear out inventory when away from the city with a single click that deposits collectables for me - just one example of many.
7) Fun: I am truly enjoying myself. This is not a morally ambiguous game. You are the hero. You do the right thing. You help the poor and oppressed and defeat the bad guys. While some may see that as shallow, I actually appreciate the change of pace. It feels nice to be the good guy!
So, those are my initial impressions and opinions. I still have a lot to learn, I have not gone beyond the starting zone, and my highest character is level 13. There may be serious issues later in the game, I don't know. All I do know is that I am really enjoying this relaxing, entertaining game for now. Easily worth the one time cost in terms of return on my investment. If you are looking for a highly polished, beautiful world I strongly recommend it.