Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

En Masse Sucks

captsammycaptsammy Member Posts: 17
En Masse is HORRIBLE. I paid for the game in the beginning, but since then my account seems to have been hacked. Trying to log in prompts me for a Security Armor code that was sent to my email. No code has shown in my email. I cant even submit a support issue or bug without logging in, which I cant do without Armor verification. What a stupid security scheme. So now I can only imagine that the hacker has changed the response email address on my account, so he is laughing seeing my futile attempts to get into MY account. Screw Tera.

Comments

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,505
    Er, so maybe you should give then a phone call?

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• radeskradesk Member Posts: 11
    Or maybe don't get "hacked" next time? I really don't think that any hacker would waste his time to hack a random player. You probably shared your pass or went to public pc to play it.
  • NBlitzNBlitz Member Posts: 1,904
    Breathe in and out. Count to 10. Visit the following link: I can't log into my account, help!
  • Laughing-manLaughing-man Member RarePosts: 3,654
    Originally posted by Kyleran

They don't have a phone support line any more...

I tried to get a hold of them when they accidently charged me... it took them three days to refund me and I had to get a hold of them via email.

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,010
    Originally posted by NBlitz
    Breathe in and out. Count to 10. Visit the following link: I can't log into my account, help!

The options they give won't work unless you can sign into your account.. so...

op...

Make a new account. The option is right there. Once you make a new account submit a ticket and eplain what you did in order to "submit the ticket" and then explain your issue.

I did this once for another game and it worked.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • HaloheadHalohead Member UncommonPosts: 11
    Originally posted by radesk
    Or maybe don't get "hacked" next time? I really don't think that any hacker would waste his time to hack a random player. You probably shared your pass or went to public pc to play it.

You really think those are the only ways to get hacked? Any Chinese gold farmer will want your account so long as it has gold on it, or characters that are high levelled and have the ability to farm more gold. Any number of suspicious sites can put a keylogger on your computer and get your password that way.

• OnomasOnomas Member UncommonPosts: 1,147
    Originally posted by Halohead

Originally posted by radesk

You really think those are the only ways to get hacked? Any Chinese gold farmer will want your account so long as it has gold on it, or characters that are high levelled and have the ability to farm more gold. Any number of suspicious sites can put a keylogger on your computer and get your password that way.

That almost happened to me already. IP address was somewhere in Asia. Luckily I got the email and changed the pw quickly. Some of them do this for a living lol.
  • PivotelitePivotelite Member UncommonPosts: 2,145
    Originally posted by Laughing-man
    Originally posted by Kyleran

They don't have a phone support line any more...

I tried to get a hold of them when they accidently charged me... it took them three days to refund me and I had to get a hold of them via email.

They still have live chat support...

• ArduArdu Member CommonPosts: 55

I wouldn't say that about En Masse, instead of just bashing the company have you even try contacting them?

If you forgot what email you used then is not En Masse fault, but I'm sure their support team can help you.

In my past experience thier support team has been really great, very professional and time efficient.

• William12William12 Member Posts: 680
    Most people dont realize this but all of them (FAN SITES) you register for are very insecure or out right sell user list with all the personal information you enter including your email and it is not illegal for them to do so.    NEVER register on a fan site with your game account email. Infact this is the #1 reason I HATE games that use your email as your username.  If you make people pick a username to login with it wont matter if someone has your email address [mod edit]
  • captsammycaptsammy Member Posts: 17

The real issue here is that they do not have a way to contact support without logging in. I knew the password and account ID, but they send you a code if your machine isnt recognised, and I wasnt getting the code.

As an update, the code finally came thru, six hours later. Of what use is that? I closed the program six hours ago. Maybe they were experiencing server issues, but that does not excuse the lack of customer support outside the login. No live chat, no phone, didnt see an email address, no bug report submittion, nothing available if you can not successfully log in. Catch 22.

• kevjardskevjards Member UncommonPosts: 1,452
    well i can only say the total opposite about en masse.when i originally purchased the game i realised i bought the american version..i,e their time difference was going to cause me probs being from the UK.so i contacted them..within 1 day all my money was refunded WITH INTEREST ADDED back into my account..it was fantastic service..but then i realised i made a terrible mistake going with  gameforge.should have stuck with en masse..just create a new account and then give your old account details in a ticket..they will sort it quick for you.take it easy dude.
  • Ramonski7Ramonski7 Member UncommonPosts: 2,662
    Originally posted by captsammy
    En Masse is HORRIBLE. I paid for the game in the beginning, but since then my account seems to have been hacked. Trying to log in prompts me for a Security Armor code that was sent to my email. No code has shown in my email. I cant even submit a support issue or bug without logging in, which I cant do without Armor verification. What a stupid security scheme. So now I can only imagine that the hacker has changed the response email address on my account, so he is laughing seeing my futile attempts to get into MY account. Screw Tera.

How can he do that if when he tries to log into your account from a different location, he too would get a prompt to input the security armor code? A code that your original email would get before he could even see it or log in to change the response email in the first place? Oh wait nvm I see you responded below stating that you eventually did receive the security armor code to your email..

"Small minds talk about people, average minds talk about events, great minds talk about ideas."

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,010

The real issue here is that they do not have a way to contact support without logging in. I knew the password and account ID, but they send you a code if your machine isnt recognised, and I wasnt getting the code.

As an update, the code finally came thru, six hours later. Of what use is that? I closed the program six hours ago. Maybe they were experiencing server issues, but that does not excuse the lack of customer support outside the login. No live chat, no phone, didnt see an email address, no bug report submittion, nothing available if you can not successfully log in. Catch 22.

or again, you can take the step of opening up a new account and then explain what it is you need to do. It isn't convenient but it is a way to open communication.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • PurutzilPurutzil Member UncommonPosts: 3,048

I'd make a safe bet 99% of all hacked accounts are at fault of the user, not the company. Though it DOES happen, don't get me wrong, in most cases its the user...

1.) Having a very poor password (using just key phrases and low security passowrds)

2.) Using the same password everywhere (mostly IF a site either uses that info maliciously or if they get hacked it compromises everything that password is used on.

3.) Being careless and getting ratted (aka people are able to spy on you and keylog you)

Blaming a company for YOU being at fault is just stupid. Practice better security measures, its people who are careless with their passwords and careless when browsing who end up adding stupid security measures that make it worst for more responsible people.

• NBlitzNBlitz Member Posts: 1,904
    Originally posted by Purutzil

I'd make a safe bet 99% of all hacked accounts are at fault of the user, not the company. Though it DOES happen, don't get me wrong, in most cases its the user...

(...)

I'd make a safe bet that 90% of stats are made up on the spot.

• MuppetierMuppetier Member UncommonPosts: 279

but it does sound like their system has prevented your account being hacked.

Six hours of inconvenience has prevented you having to wait days to get your stuff back.

• Derza10Derza10 Member Posts: 70
    I bet he used the same password for the game that he uses for his email. So they changed the the account email and then approved it on his email account, then deleted said email.
  • RednecksithRednecksith Member Posts: 1,238
    Originally posted by NBlitz
    Originally posted by Purutzil

(...)

I'd make a safe bet that 90% of stats are made up on the spot.

I thought according to Mark Twain, it was 80% image

• dadante666dadante666 Member UncommonPosts: 402
    cant say better

• ChromeBallzChromeBallz Member UncommonPosts: 342

Originally posted by Halohead
    Originally posted by radesk Or maybe don't get "hacked" next time? I really don't think that any hacker would waste his time to hack a random player. You probably shared your pass or went to public pc to play it.

A half-decent AV and simply being sensible when browing the interwebs goes a long way towards not getting hacked. In the 11 years i've been doing stuff online it's never happened to me.

- Use stuff like Adblock and Noscript to filter out bad ads and scripts on pages. This alone can help quite a lot.
    - Don't open every link in every email you get. A lot of people complain about getting their WoW accounts 'hacked' but won't admit that they eagerly clicked a link in an official looking spam mail leading to us-battle-net-login-account-admin.cn or something like that.
    - Always check whether you're on the site you think you are, see above.
    - Don't give out your passwords to anyone. ANYONE. Not even God, or whatever deity you believe in.
    - Don't use the same password for EVERYTHING like a lot of people tend to do. If you use 'hunter2' as a password for your email and every forum and game account you own, well, it's very easy to get hacked in that case.
    - Your email is the most important of all. Don't log in on public PC's. Check if the public wifi network you're on is secure and encrypted. Don't hand your password over to 'friends'. Make it a properly difficult password to crack.

Making difficult passwords is easier than one might think. Simply try using some leetspeak, for example instead of writing Horseraddish, try typing it as H0rs3R4dd1sH. Or try and use other symbols in there: H0r$3R4dd:sH - Try and find a structure that's easy to remember for you but makes it infinitely harder for hackers to guess or bruteforce your password.

HAving a difficult password does NOT mean that you should use it everywhere! Nor should you give it out to anyone or anything.

I know it's difficult to admit, but the vast majority of people getting 'hacked' usually have no one but themselves to blame. It's sad that they never admit this and instead make others work for nothing to fix their own mistakes - Then the 'victims' start to complain about long response times, etc etc.

Playing: WF
    Played: WoW, GW2, L2, WAR, AoC, DnL (2005), GW, LotRO, EQ2, TOR, CoH (RIP), STO, TSW, TERA, EVE, ESO, BDO
    Tried: EQ, UO, AO, EnB, TCoS, Fury, Ryzom, EU, DDO, TR, RF, CO, Aion, VG, DN, Vindictus, AA

• DihoruDihoru Member Posts: 2,731

Been online gaming for around 10 years now... the first ever game with MMO elements I've ever played was Gunbound (the original version) and used a password which was 6 letters long... to this day that account has never been hacked nor has any of the others I've ever used.

Steps to prevent your ass from getting hacked:

1) install a firewall

2) install a antivirus

3) install a adware/malware scanner

4) run nr 1 constantly on your PC, run a scan with nr 2 every few weeks, run a comprehensive scan with nr 3 on a schedual similar to nr 2

5) locate one of the sites specialized in detecting when your e-mail address has been leaked and by whom, there are free sites who do this and will e-mail you the moment something got leaked either intentionally or via a security intrusion

6) *optional* have very confusing/complex passwords for games where you e-mail address is part of the login

• moosecatlolmoosecatlol Member RarePosts: 1,530

Get hacked, blame someone else.