Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Will an old school WoW twink like this game?

2»

Comments

• VolkonVolkon Member UncommonPosts: 3,748
    Originally posted by Leucent
    Originally posted by KingJiggly
    Originally posted by boxsnd
    Originally posted by Kamandi777

I can't play WoW anymore.  So bad.  Such a tread mill.  Empty worlds.  

Is GW2 for a ganker like me?

If you like PvP steer clear of this one. Worst PvP in any MMO I have played.

Better than most mmo pvp.

Easily one of the worst pvp games, without a doubt.

Huh... I was thinking it's easily one of the best. The skills tend to be multi-faceted, which removes the "use off CD" (if you're smart) from them, the combat flows like none other I've personally enjoyed, dodging adds a nice element to things, as does using terrain to block enemies (trees are great shields!) attacks, etc. The trait system allows you to customize nicely... my mesmer uses dodge as an offensive weapon because of traits.

Oderint, dum metuant.

• ScarfeScarfe Member Posts: 281
    Originally posted by Volkon

Huh... I was thinking it's easily one of the best. The skills tend to be multi-faceted, which removes the "use off CD" (if you're smart) from them, the combat flows like none other I've personally enjoyed, dodging adds a nice element to things, as does using terrain to block enemies (trees are great shields!) attacks, etc. The trait system allows you to customize nicely... my mesmer uses dodge as an offensive weapon because of traits.

I think it's pretty bad.  Sadly one of the best pvp games is GW1.

currently playing: DDO, AOC, WoT, P101

• botrytisbotrytis Member RarePosts: 3,363

It is team PvP not one on one - want one on one PvP - go to GW1.

It is not the worst PvP - just different than Gankers paradise.

• StoneRosesStoneRoses Member RarePosts: 1,779
    Originally posted by Lovely_Laly

as old WoW player you'll suffer from limited content, repetitive activities (Dynamic Events), noob PvP and pretty pointless WvW.
    crafting will simply drive you mad. =D
    only challenge you can have so far is keep a life at any dungeon as they broke 2x3 system and now every one is for himself.

oh yes! you gonna love this game is you are fun of JUMP, just keep push W+space bar = for the win!
    seems like cheap console joke, but seems to be truth...

sure you'll like graphic work, but similar you can look for free at AION or TERA (can't decide which is better), I go there, admire graphics and think about past gaming fun...

By the way, some "old school" people like Aion, so look it may be as it free anyhow.
    And similar style but challenging and high quality game is LoTRO (keep in mind you need to pay 9$ time to time to have full content).

GW2 is very bad game for hard core player, it's great only if you have limited time and enjoy just to have something to play for free.

Tell me a game that isn't repetitive! Hands down one of the worst argument for any game.

MMORPGs aren't easy, You're just too PRO!
  • Lovely_LalyLovely_Laly Member UncommonPosts: 734

well I got your point, but some games gives you like 10-15 repetitive activities and some like only 3-5.

I remember my time at WoW: when I was bored from dungeons, I did exploration, then fishing (relaxing=D), then farmed low lvl dungeons for fun, then worked on one more endless BC reputations, then got to raid (rare) or to PvP, or crafted, or found what else missing at achievements etc. Means I got like min 10 variations of activities per day.

GW1: missions, exploration, dungeon runs, dungeon farms, HM or not farming, questing high lvl areas, hardcore runs to special places when we got God Favor, factions PvP battles, Random Arenas, Guild Wars etc. Means also very many activities to switch before got too bored.

GW2: PvP 10 min after you getting bored, WvW, farm karma, dungeons (I don't feel fun anymore by doing something hard for no reason, and hate long run back after death).

I mean this is just how my time was shared when I reached final lvl and stopped to worrier about my gear and such.

I can give example of even more games having much more to do then GW2. That why I called it repetitive as you don't have lot of variations of activities.
    Or you need to love Kegs or JUMP (I seems hate both=D)

try before buy, even if it's a game to avoid bad surprises.
    Worst surprises for me: Aion, GW2

• donpopukidonpopuki Member Posts: 591
    Greenreen's definition of twink is the one I knew playing eq1. I think the OP has some other form of the word he's using.
  • Dream_ChaserDream_Chaser Member Posts: 1,043

@OP

If it wasn't raids you loved about WoW? Then, yes, definitely (for the reasons stated in the linked post). In many, many, many ways GW2 is WoW 2.0.

• ChromeBallzChromeBallz Member UncommonPosts: 342

Funny how the self-proclaimed gankers seem to try and avoid EVE... :)

I suggest Hello Kitty Online if one doesn't actually want to gank/pvp. ;p

Playing: WF
    Played: WoW, GW2, L2, WAR, AoC, DnL (2005), GW, LotRO, EQ2, TOR, CoH (RIP), STO, TSW, TERA, EVE, ESO, BDO
    Tried: EQ, UO, AO, EnB, TCoS, Fury, Ryzom, EU, DDO, TR, RF, CO, Aion, VG, DN, Vindictus, AA

• adderVXIadderVXI Member UncommonPosts: 727
    Originally posted by sudo
    Well, you can make quite a girly looking male character. I think this game is perfect for a twink, OP.

I get what you did there - nice!!  Ohh the lady boys....

Government is not reason; it is not eloquent; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master.

George Washington

• evilastroevilastro Member Posts: 4,270

Definitely the best mmo pvp for sure.

• snapfusionsnapfusion Member Posts: 954

GW2 is nothing at all like Vanilla Wow.   I repeat nothing at all.  Here are just a few reasons"

WOW is a seamless persistant gameworld, GW2 is a heavily instanced zoned game with portals joining all the instances and major cities.

WOW required you to ravel around the game world either by mount or Flying Griffen (taxis)  There is no traveling experience in GW2 you just open your map click on some point in a zone and your instantly teleported their.

WOW had true danger in open world via open world PVP servers.  There is no open world PvP in GW2, therefore no danger, no open world actually just instanced zones. 

WOW zones were persistant.  There were starter zones with lower level mobs and end game zones with higher level mobs.  You could travel across the world seamlessly and vist older zones you leveled in (without load screens) and see the lower level mobs you used to struggle with giving you a sense of character advancement.  GW2 downlevels your charcter when you visit older zones.  I dont need to explain all the reasons why this is an immersion breaker.

WOW has an Auction House which provides real OPTIONS for buyers and sellers.  GW2 is like a retail store you just list something at a fixed price and someone buys it or you ask for something at a fixed price and someone fills your order.

WOW offers a WIDE variety of unique classes and skills.  GW2 has a infinitely small skill set for each weapon (like 5) and a larger variety of underwhelming traits to enhance your chracter making some classes eerily similar. The combat is highly repetative and boring.

WOW offered what felt like real character progression by giving you unique and meaningfull skills throughout the leveling process..  GW2 gives you all the skills for your weapon within about 20 mins of play with that weapon and your really only left with something thats nothing more than a slimmed down version of WOW's talent tree for the next 77 levels.

WOW created a need for each class, you would get tells from people if you were good at your class or if you had a class that was needed for something.  GW2 is an every man for himself zerg inclusing dungeons.  There is no sense of class pride.

I could list another 15 easy but I think thats enough.

edit: Oh and to answer your question directly their no twinking in GW2, there is not place to twink actually.  Eveyone is auto leveled to end game when you PVP and of course downleveled when entering old levels once you hit 80 and there is no PVP in the instanced leveling zones anyway.  So if you want to PVP just que up enter a PVP instance then be auto leveled to 80.

• wyldmagikwyldmagik Member UncommonPosts: 516

Forget gw2, the above poster although may seem to some a bit troll like ( i dont believe so btw ) really knows his shit there :D all what he said is pretty much spot on.

If I were you wanting something like that, id say stop subbing wow, go dl vanilla wow and get on a good private server.