Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

[Interview] Order of Magic: A First in the Rising Brazilian Market

SBFordSBFord Associate Editor - News ManagerThe Land of AZPosts: 16,658MMORPG.COM Staff Uncommon

The Brazilian games market has emerged in 2012 as one of the premier rising markets for PC and console game. There’s an upstart MMORPG coming from this region, originally developed in Russia. Order of Magic is aiming to be one of the first MMOs to cater exclusively to the Brazilian gamer, and we caught up with Product Manager João José Gois Rodrigues to find out how they plan on doing this, and what American players can look forward to when the game arrives in English territories.

MMORPG: We are very excited to hear about “Order of Magic.” Can you give us some background on the game? 

João José Gois Rodrigues: Order of Magic is an Action MMORPG developed in Russia by Rosigra. The game consists of 2 factions that fight over the control of magic, in a world that is ruled by it. The player chooses from 3 fighter classes (Ranger, Paladin and Tamer) and fights other players in several PvP arenas in order to determine the best player of the game. To ensure that, we have a daily and weekly ranking so that everyone will know who they want to beat. The greatest features of the game are PvP battles with no target action, and the newly added Block and Dodging system. These make the fights very fun and unpredictable, and the player really needs to be agile and smart to win.

Read more of Garrett Fuller's Order of Magic: A First in the Rising Brazilian Market.

image

Associate Editor: MMORPG.com
Follow me on Twitter: @MMORPGMom

image

Comments

  • paulythebpaulytheb Wauwatosa, WIPosts: 261Member Uncommon

    PvP arena game.

     

    Pass.

    ( Note to self-Don't say anything bad about Drizzt.)

    An acerbic sense of humor is NOT allowed here.

  • DragonantisDragonantis DublinPosts: 974Member
    I actually like the sound of pvp arena battles, looking forward to giving this a try.
     
  • SupinoSupino AracajuPosts: 1Member
    Great game, gonna download it and try.
  • DukeDuDukeDu SorocabaPosts: 73Member
    Looks like lineage. How come I never heard of this game?
  • JyiigaJyiiga Seneca, SCPosts: 1,042Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Supino
    Great game, gonna download it and try.

    How do you know its a great game when you havent downloaded or tried it yet..

    lawl...

  • YizleYizle Atlanta, GAPosts: 517Member
    Originally posted by Jyiiga
    Originally posted by Supino
    Great game, gonna download it and try.

    How do you know its a great game when you havent downloaded or tried it yet..

    lawl...

    I was wondering the same thing. Some people really should not post.

  • TuchakaTuchaka san diego, CAPosts: 468Member
    all the brazillians i have gamed with were actualy very nice
  • Ramonski7Ramonski7 Aurora, ILPosts: 2,656Member Uncommon

    These frequent pop ups of action/arena/mmos remind me of those old Reese's peanut butter cup commercials...

    Hey you got your fighting game in my mmo!

    You got your mmo in my fighting game!

     

    Only thing is unlike Reese's, which I love to buy and eat, what this mix is proposing I ain't eatin nor would I buy it.

    image
    "Small minds talk about people, average minds talk about events, great minds talk about ideas."

  • ScotScot UKPosts: 5,769Member Uncommon
    Well last year Brazil overtook the UK in the list of richest nations. So unless we in the UK pull our socks up you can expect the Brazilians to replace our postion in the video games industry soon. So rather than saying it is a rubbish game, I would say look to the future and watch out, these guys won't be making below par games forever US/UK/EU gaming industry.
  • FdzzaiglFdzzaigl Somewhere in nowherePosts: 2,328Member Uncommon

    Brazil is definitely an up and coming country and will probably pass by a number of traditional "first world nations" in the coming years.

    Many Portuguese are immigrating to Brazil, whereas it used to be the other way around.

     

    The Brazilian players I met in other games were also very nice people and usually rather fluent in other languages, so I can't say I have the experience of excessive spam coming from them.

    Feel free to use my referral link for SW:TOR if you want to test out the game. You'll get some special unlocks!

  • itchmonitchmon west islip, NYPosts: 1,714Member Uncommon

    the brezillians i've met in every game except league of legends have been very nice folks.  the ones from LoL are the ones who behave like complete asses.

     

    but then again most people who play league of legends behave like complete asses...

    RIP Ribbitribbitt you are missed, kid.

    Currently Playing EVE, DFUW

    Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and not clothed.

    Dwight D Eisenhower

    My optimism wears heavy boots and is loud.

    Henry Rollins

  • Ramonski7Ramonski7 Aurora, ILPosts: 2,656Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Scot
    Well last year Brazil overtook the UK in the list of richest nations. So unless we in the UK pull our socks up you can expect the Brazilians to replace our postion in the video games industry soon. So rather than saying it is a rubbish game, I would say look to the future and watch out, these guys won't be making below par games forever US/UK/EU gaming industry.

    I don't recall anyone here stating it would be a rubbish game, just a game not to their liking (myself included). And if you think that trends are heading to a stage where BR players spend more money on games than UK players, it still will never break out of the stigma already being placed on subpar (your word) games trying to get a foothold outside of BR. So all you'll see is a repeat of what's happening with KR games, no foreign devs trying to cater to their market, no foreign players buying their games, huge stigmas being placed on every title emerging from that region and decades before BR sees a homegrown title sparking even a minute amount of interest among foreign players (see Archage).

    image
    "Small minds talk about people, average minds talk about events, great minds talk about ideas."

  • MaephistoMaephisto somewhere, DCPosts: 632Member

    I only looked at the pictures.......saw a disturbing lack of brazillian women in skimpy armor.

     

    Wont buy.

    image

  • TillerTiller Portland, ORPosts: 4,921Member

    hmm, not a bad looking game, may try it just because I like the esthetics of the environment...i like games that actually have a real day night cycle.                              

    image
    SWG pre-cu vet, elder Jedi, elder BH -Bloodfin

  • ssjdagasssjdagas EVE Online Correspondent LinköpingPosts: 29Member
    Originally posted by Fdzzaigl

    Brazil is definitely an up and coming country and will probably pass by a number of traditional "first world nations" in the coming years.

    Many Portuguese are immigrating to Brazil, whereas it used to be the other way around.

     

    The Brazilian players I met in other games were also very nice people and usually rather fluent in other languages, so I can't say I have the experience of excessive spam coming from them.

    I've only been to the North East part of the country but not many spoke English there. But they were really nice people. Where I was people were still poor by European standards but they have come a long way and will continue to do so. My fiancé is Brazilian and she was so poor when she was a kid that she did not have a TV or a bed or had eating candy until she was around 10-12. Now her sister has a new car, LCD, tablet and such things that a typical family have in Europe.I hope Brazil can become a good nation for gaming but I saw pirated movies being sold everywhere and I would imagine it is the same for games. At least an MMO is harder to pirate so that might be the future.

  • luciuscroftluciuscroft Rio de JaneiroPosts: 1Member

    Hi all!

    I'm from Brazil and i'm work with game dev here. I can ensure that here we are geting to mature our game industry, of course, we are just beginning but we have now good chance to show that we can make good games. I think that we will add to the industry and with the passage of time we will be in same level that US / JP / UK / KR in game dev industry.

    (i'm not focus in if we have many players presence in any MMO but if we have a good game dev industry well consolidated).

    We are working guys, keep eyes on us.

     

     
     
  • KillerwoodyKillerwoody Carriere, MSPosts: 24Member Uncommon
    It's fun but no English patch... so hard to play it!
  • Seeker728Seeker728 Las Vegas, NVPosts: 179Member

    I'm sure I'll get a lot of hate for it but...oh well.  

    Great that Brazillians have their own industry and titles to play, that is as I think, it should be.  However, my experience with players from Brazil, while limited to WoW was anything but pleasant.  Being called a fat hot dog eater or a fat american constantly got really old really fast.  The forums from Blizz's SA section had many a occassion where the insults flew fast and heavy from the SA players towards the NA players.  Very limited sample I will freely admit, but the rosey glasses need to be lifted a little.

    Not saying that the claims above are invalid, just saying my exposure to their playerbase was no better and as bad as what I typically run into anywhere else around the world.  The internet is simply a place where rudeness and asshatery is not limited by the lines on a map.

    Even peace may be purchased at too high a price, and the only time you are completely safe is when you lie in the grave.

  • alkarionlogalkarionlog SPosts: 1,125Member Uncommon

    Originally posted by Seeker728

    I'm sure I'll get a lot of hate for it but...oh well.  

    Great that Brazillians have their own industry and titles to play, that is as I think, it should be.  However, my experience with players from Brazil, while limited to WoW was anything but pleasant.  Being called a fat hot dog eater or a fat american constantly got really old really fast.  The forums from Blizz's SA section had many a occassion where the insults flew fast and heavy from the SA players towards the NA players.  Very limited sample I will freely admit, but the rosey glasses need to be lifted a little.

    Not saying that the claims above are invalid, just saying my exposure to their playerbase was no better and as bad as what I typically run into anywhere else around the world.  The internet is simply a place where rudeness and asshatery is not limited by the lines on a map.

    could say the same for most na players, but hey just because you have individuals who are an ass that don't mean everyone is, and I can also say most of BR players on games like wow are tired of na people giving then a hard time, both sides are asses when they want

    Originally posted by luciuscroft

    Hi all!

    I'm from Brazil and i'm work with game dev here. I can ensure that here we are geting to mature our game industry, of course, we are just beginning but we have now good chance to show that we can make good games. I think that we will add to the industry and with the passage of time we will be in same level that US / JP / UK / KR in game dev industry.

    (i'm not focus in if we have many players presence in any MMO but if we have a good game dev industry well consolidated).

    We are working guys, keep eyes on us.

     

     
     

     

    yeah i'm from brazil and I don't play on BR servers, because i'm tired of devs here trying to F*** me up, after ragnarok came here all publishers and most devs don't deserve my money,

    and if I jsut nail down for this game only thing I can see on it is outdated gameplay with nothing good for me, also note we have a huge number of titles to choose from with even better graphics and the more important gameplay.

    but at least you can give the younger players who most of time are lazy to read anything a place to stay so I can stay clear from it and be playing.

    FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.
    image

  • ControlBlueControlBlue Not your business, NCPosts: 21Member
    Originally posted by Maephisto

    I only looked at the pictures.......saw a disturbing lack of brazillian women in skimpy armor.

     

    Wont buy.

     

    This guy knows!

Sign In or Register to comment.