Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Worth returning to?

Hi, I loved deep seer pvp healing pre-patch 1.2.

I didn't enjoy how much they changed the play style, so I quit and focused on

my studies.

Now, I hear there're very few sage/sorc with 31+ in healing trees, but

instead they are using this bubble stun BS.

I'll give opertive healing a try, but I had a few concerns.

Is it easy and fast for a fresh 50 to catch up in pvp gear?

Has class balance improved?

Has kill time gone up at all?

Is there any other group pvp that isn't instance?

Are rated wz's required for BiS?

Thanks for any input!

Comments

• KickaxeKickaxe Member UncommonPosts: 174
    Originally posted by Ekor04

Hi, I loved deep seer pvp healing pre-patch 1.2.

I didn't enjoy how much they changed the play style, so I quit and focused on

my studies.

Now, I hear there're very few sage/sorc with 31+ in healing trees, but

instead they are using this bubble stun BS.

I'll give opertive healing a try, but I had a few concerns.

Is it easy and fast for a fresh 50 to catch up in pvp gear?

Absolutely.  Within a week of moderate play time you can have all the pvp gear you'll need.

Has class balance improved?

From 1.2?  I'd say yes.  There are very few trees (some hybrids too) that don't have at least a decent amount of parity with even the most pvp-oriented specs.  But...

Has kill time gone up at all?

Kill time is so bloody short against good comps played by even only decent players.  It's nothing short of ridiculous and, for me, that it has been this way pretty much since 1.2--which was like 6 months ago--is an utter embarassment.

Is there any other group pvp that isn't instance?

Potentially, but unlikely.  There are hints that Ilum is being significantly revamped--perhaps for expansion coming in two or three months from now.

Are rated wz's required for BiS?

No.

Thanks for any input!

Answers above in yellow.

From my answers I'm sure it's clear that I'm not overly enamored with TOR's developers regarding pvp.  I think it's fairly obvious at this point that they have given up on tweeking for the slower and more strategic combat they were selling us on before release.  I do respect the overall class and spec balance that Bioware has given us, but it's usually irrelevant within the current system where even the most skilled and knowledgeable are dying too fast to make even a small difference to warzone wins and losses.

And, yes, bubble stuns are >>>>>> than top tiered spec (ground targetted aoe heal).  Healers are generally shafted by this current system--if we are talking about playing against the best comps and players.  Any spec that relies heavily (though not even exclusively) on warm-up ('casting') mechanics is significantly disadvantaged.

I say all of this as an absolute ardent fan of Bioware, and as someone who can tell you many things that I find great about TOR.  I generally only pvp, so this area of the game is where my main interest resides.

Sorry about negativity though.  :)

• Ekor04Ekor04 Member Posts: 2
    Appriciate the well written response. 
  • sapphensapphen Member UncommonPosts: 911

I enjoyed the game when I played, I only dropped my sub to conserve money but today I was thinking of returning (was always planning to see future expansions).  I would have to say it was one of the most horrible experiences I have ever had with an online game.  It's still fresh in my mind and I don't want to rage out on the forums but I am seriously disappointed.  I went from a fan and supporter to a bitter hatemonger.  I will not be purchasing any further products from bioware.

If you do return I hope your experience is better than mine.