Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How os ww2online these days?

I played from 2002-2007 with the handel torgrim1 (if anyone remembers me) and had a blast ingame back then.

What really made me stop playing was that I felt enough is enough, same bugs never got fixed, spitfire took more damage than IRL yes I was hardcore axis but still I loved the game til I hit that wall.

So how is it today, are the old players still around, Is It alive, what has change?

If it's not broken, you are not innovating.

Comments

• rendusrendus Member UncommonPosts: 329
    Originally posted by Torgrim

I played from 2002-2007 with the handel torgrim1 (if anyone remembers me) and had a blast ingame back then.

What really made me stop playing was that I felt enough is enough, same bugs never got fixed, spitfire took more damage than IRL yes I was hardcore axis but still I loved the game til I hit that wall.

So how is it today, are the old players still around, Is It alive, what has change?

Below this thread are several other threads going into detail about the state of the game.  

Quick and dirty:  Low low population (more people on a BF3 map), stats are down and will be until they hire someone to fix them, no further updates until they hire someone to create them, the kickstarter failed, the steam greenlight failed, the free to play option failed, lowering the subscription price failed, disappearing infantry bug and multi-crew bug.  Add to that all the bugs you enjoyed when you played in '07, because they never fixed those after all these years.

In short, jump in and try the free to play before you subscribe.  That's what I did back in August right when they kicked off the F2P option.  And man, the population was decent there for a month or so, it felt like old times.  But it's dropped off since then.

• TorgrimTorgrim Member CommonPosts: 2,088

Ok I might jump in for lolz then, my old squad 41st panzerjäger are still somewhat active.

I see Doc is still around image

• TenBlueTenBlue Member Posts: 93

A shame it's gone down like this.  I played a while back and had an absolute blast for the time I played.  The population drop was clear to see over the time I was playing.  I was in GHC and over that period saw the number of AOs drop from 7 or 8 per side to 2 or 3 max even at primetime.  Lowpop became a total joke with what felt like literally 10 people playing at times.

At it's best the game was brilliant with epic battles, pitched defences and hundreds of players running their own special ops and battle formations in concert with HC.  A pity they couldn't manage to work on a more up to date sequel.

• SzyporynSzyporyn Member Posts: 122

Yeah think 41st are still active.

• mylesnorthmylesnorth Member Posts: 1

I'm surprised by the negativity towards this superb MMO on this forum. I've been playing it since 2003 and it is certainly the only game to provided me with consistent entertainment over such a long period of time. It is a truly unique gaming experience and is still alive and kicking. Sure, it could use more players, but why not jump back in. I think you'll find it still has the magic.

WB, and I'm glad to read that some of your old squaddies are still active, that is a proof that, regardless of what the rather malicious denizens of this forum seem to think, the game is still very much alive.

• MouzurXMouzurX Member Posts: 44
    From the AAR's in the forums this campaign has been awesome. Lots of fighting and towns swapping sides. If you have a chance jump into the game especially on a sunday, really hectic battles.
  • SparreSparre Member Posts: 257
    I had a blast yesterday (Sunday). Lots of intense battle, both offensive and defensive action all over the map. Had to log by midnight since I have a work to run as well. :)
  • TorgrimTorgrim Member CommonPosts: 2,088
    Originally posted by Sparre
    I had a blast yesterday (Sunday). Lots of intense battle, both offensive and defensive action all over the map. Had to log by midnight since I have a work to run as well. :)

Same name ingame right?

My name is torgrim1 if you remember me.

• pittpetepittpete Member Posts: 233

Honestly as of  1/13/2013,(last time I logged in game) I had a lot of fun.

The game has it's ups and downs.

Sometimes theres a lot of people playing, sometimes not.. Just depends on the time you play.

If you join a good active squad it can be great, but at the same time annoying..LOL

If population is low or I keep getting killed or I'm just not having fun, I log off.

Saturday night I pulled an all nighter and there were lots of people playing.

Axis capped a few towns and we had great comms going.

One thing you'll notice in this forum is the haters hate hard, but none of them will use their WWII names over here.

Wonder why?

• depot12depot12 Member Posts: 156
    Originally posted by pittpete

One thing you'll notice in this forum is the haters hate hard, but none of them will use their WWII names over here.

Wonder why?

Because this way the focus is on CRS, and not the player.  You guys love to break out the pitchforks.  Plus I do not want to pay a penalty in case the (unlikely) get thier act together in the future. 

• StugStug Member UncommonPosts: 387
    Ok then. Then who are all these fanbois yoh were talking about? And if you hate the devs why do you hate the game?
  • pittpetepittpete Member Posts: 233
    Originally posted by depot12

Wonder why?

Because this way the focus is on CRS, and not the player.  You guys love to break out the pitchforks.  Plus I do not want to pay a penalty in case the (unlikely) get thier act together in the future. 

• depot12depot12 Member Posts: 156
    Originally posted by depot12

Wonder why?

LOL

• SparreSparre Member Posts: 257
    Of course I do Torgrim1. :)
  • Silky303Silky303 Member Posts: 134
    The game still delivers

Yeah there things that could be better, and the potential of the concept might never be fully realised but its the only game I'm interested in playing :)

SWG > Aces High > WWIIOL