Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

IGN review is up..

GwapoJoshGwapoJosh Member UncommonPosts: 1,030

It's close to what I expected..  It's time for the company to admit defeat and shut the game down.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/01/08/the-war-z-review 

"You are all going to poop yourselves." BillMurphy

"Laugh and the world laughs with you. Weep and you weep alone."

Comments

• XeoMatrix00XeoMatrix00 Member Posts: 39
    Agree, i tried the game thanks that i got as a give away so no $$ lost. It just to obvious what is going on, and with the steam issue made things more noticible.
  • tawesstawess Member EpicPosts: 4,227

it very much reminds me of a movie tie-in game... Rushed and incomplete and put on the market way to early.

It might be something if it survives long enough. But for now i do not give it much of a chance.

This have been a good conversation

• DoogiehowserDoogiehowser Member Posts: 1,873

IGN is very generous to give this peice of garbage 3.0. I am usually quite cool and don't hate MMOS but for first time in my life i just can not get over the bad taste this game left in my mouth. What shocks me even more is that players actualy supoort such awful and dishonest company.

I mean they can not even write their own TOS for f*** sake and copied it word to word from LOL. How lazy can you be?

"The problem is that the hardcore folks always want the same thing: 'We want exactly what you gave us before, but it has to be completely different.'
    -Jesse Schell

"Online gamers are the most ludicrously entitled beings since Caligula made his horse a senator, and at least the horse never said anything stupid."
    -Luke McKinney

• ScarfeScarfe Member Posts: 281
    Think the bell is tolling for this one.  

currently playing: DDO, AOC, WoT, P101

• RednecksithRednecksith Member Posts: 1,238
    You know your game / company is in trouble when you can't even afford to buy a decent score from IGN...
  • WoopinWoopin Member UncommonPosts: 1,012

To be honest I have always loved the games reviewers hate for some reason. And the ones they like I always end up hating....

I never listen to reviews anyhow I always like to keep my own opinions on things. I kind of like WarZ for some reason it does have some big issues my main concern is not knowing what direction the company is going. But other than that I am having fun in WarZ just as much fun I had in DayZ.

NeoCron got bad reviews too if I remember right not sure what IGN gave it but other places hated it. I always thought NeoCron was the best game ever.

• fayknaymfayknaym Member Posts: 125
    IGN is just jumping on the bandwagon. Yea WarZ screwed up and people got upset about, but IGN is just giving it a low rating and a bad review regardless of how the game actually is just because that's what people like to hear: how much the WarZ sucks and how bad they screwed up. Controversy gets more views.
  • DollMighty8313DollMighty8313 Member Posts: 179
    Originally posted by fayknaym
    IGN is just jumping on the bandwagon. Yea WarZ screwed up and people got upset about, but IGN is just giving it a low rating and a bad review regardless of how the game actually is just because that's what people like to hear: how much the WarZ sucks and how bad they screwed up. Controversy gets more views.

Ok seriously.  Can all that crap you just said.  He broke down every issue with the game and made the same review we get from any other game at IGN.

...hopping on the bandwagon.  gimmie a damn break.  The game is no good and it is that simple.

• HeretiqueHeretique Member RarePosts: 1,535
    Originally posted by dollada06
    Originally posted by fayknaym

Ok seriously.  Can all that crap you just said.  He broke down every issue with the game and made the same review we get from any other game at IGN.

...hopping on the bandwagon.  gimmie a damn break.  The game is no good and it is that simple.

Agreed, since the WarZ came out to us in "alpha" I still stick around to watch the development to the game so I can safely say that the IGN review was pretty much spot on.

• Crunchy222Crunchy222 Member CommonPosts: 386

To me it is really obvious what has taken place with this game.

Im sure there was some game that has been in development for a long time, perhaps a game engine that was complete and a world so to speak.

The success of DayZ happend, the developers raced to produce some form of game like dayZ, even jacking the Z at the end of the name to confuse players (and it worked).

I think its obvious the intentions of the developers are never going to be moral or with the players in mind, it does seem like a cash grab based of another games success.

You can tell the differences between the two, one was well thought out but limited due to being a mod, the other seems hastily slapped together with little thought on mechanics and gameplay, this obvious lack of thought put into its mechanics leads me to belive that this game was never meant to be a DayZ type game that had been in development long before the mod came into existance, if that had been true then we would see some resembelence of thought behind how the warZ mechanics operate.

Either way, i can safely assume that all the promised systems are not going to be in game, since it seems the goal of this game is to ride on the popularity created by a different game.  The real DayZ comes out and this game is a ghost town.  Im sure the developers of warz know this, which is why i think all the money people are spending in this game are going right into their pockets.  Perhaps they get a few of the simple promised features put in game between now and then, but i wouldnt be surprised if they were poorly thought out and implimented in a terrible manner, just like the rest of the game.

But yeah, at this point its very clear that they raced to get this game out to ride on dayz's success and just lied about them working on this specific type of game longer than dayz has existed.  Dont belive that for a second.

• wonviewwonview Member Posts: 1
    I agree that this game needs work, a lot of work. But I still enjoy it and feel it can and will be improved upon in the coming months. Otherwise Hammerpoint has royally flushed it's future down the toliet imo.

To see how bad I am at this game check out my youtube channel! http://www.youtube.com/user/WonView