Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Origins of Malu - Is there any hype? Hope?

I just recently found this game while searching for some sort of MMO that wasn't a complete sandbox and am oddly intrigued. Usually I do not jump on the hype train for anything but I am very excited for this indie MMO.

But there are warning signs. I have seen many indie MMOs come and go due to their lack of budget and polish. OoM seems to not have much hype either. Most people are talking about ArchAge, Repopulation and some other MMOs so that makes me worried it won't even have an initial niche following to keep it stable.

What do you guys think? I know MMORPG.COM tends to have a large sandbox crowd and wanted to know if they thought this game would actually succeede and break the mold? 

Comments

• muffins89muffins89 Member UncommonPosts: 1,585
    Originally posted by Duilyon

I just recently found this game while searching for some sort of MMO that wasn't a complete sandbox and am oddly intrigued. Usually I do not jump on the hype train for anything but I am very excited for this indie MMO.

But there are warning signs. I have seen many indie MMOs come and go due to their lack of budget and polish. OoM seems to not have much hype either. Most people are talking about ArchAge, Repopulation and some other MMOs so that makes me worried it won't even have an initial niche following to keep it stable.

What do you guys think? I know MMORPG.COM tends to have a large sandbox crowd and wanted to know if they thought this game would actually succeede and break the mold? 

im interested in it.  it's just waiting for it to release right now.  they recently cancelled a kickstarter campaign because they got an investor on board.  AA is over-hyped imo.  Repop doesnt interest me.  OoM has a chance to be good.  only time will tell.

• DuilyonDuilyon Member Posts: 326

Was also curious if anyone had any info on what the PVE / Progression looked like? If there will be gear? levels?

I couldn't find any info on this stuff. 

Repop looks very bland to me. I really enjoy OoM stylish surreal graphics. 

• hockeyplayrhockeyplayr Member UncommonPosts: 604
    I believe they just got a major investor for their game, however they said if they start to lose control over their vision they are going back to being indie devs.