Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Rate customer support of this game

symkesymke Member UncommonPosts: 17

If you would have to rate customer suport of SWTOR with 1 .. 10 (10 being the best), what would it be?

SInce I am very unsatisfied with them I can't give them more than 2, but that is just me.

Maybe it's just my personal preferences that are affecting my judgement of this topic, but I am really curious if my opinion is reflected in this community or not. I've gotten two infractions for trying to find this on official forums, so I thought of asking here. :)

Comments

• cronius77cronius77 Member UncommonPosts: 1,652
    this thread would be about 20 times better on the official forums over there because everyone here but a couple of people hate SWTOR and have complained in multiple threads about how piss poor their CS is over there.  On a scale of 1-10 you are looking at a -100 for CS over there they should be fired they are horrible as is about 90% of their community team and jeff hickman as well.
  • augustgraceaugustgrace Member UncommonPosts: 628

Going on 15 days now trying to get an issue resolved.  Numerous emails and two days spent on the phone has only netted me a strong disgust for EA/Bioware.  I get a different story from each cs drone I speak to, along with tickets mysteriously closed, or being told that my problem has been solved, or shunted off to a phone line that never gets answered.

Just glancing at the cs forums and people pleading for someone to actually do their job, tells the whole story.  EA has always had bad cs support, but they are completely unwilling to spend money on cs for Swtor.  On the 24th when the servers all went down, it took an hour for anyone at Bioware to even notice despite the forum being filled with threads about it.  One guy even posted the result of his phone call to support, in which the cs drone insisted that the problem must be on the customers side.  It took them yet another hour to even formally acknowledge that the servers were down.

Add to that we haven't seen a yellow post on the forums in a few days, and just before that people were reporting that phone support was picking up and hanging up without saying a word.

These aren't the actions of a company that has any pride in its product, or hope for its longevity.

tldr- I'd give their customer service a 1 out of 10, but that would imply that they had provided any.

• MarirranyaMarirranya Member Posts: 154
    i hate their customer service its so terribad ><

There are people who play games and then there are gamers.

http://alzplz.blogspot.com

• VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,882

On one hand, I got reply to the only issue I ever had rather quickly. On the other hand, the reply stated that they forwarded my problem to dev team and won't be able to do anything about it.

I'll give it 4 for answering me something.

• citan79citan79 Member UncommonPosts: 86

I had an issue with the game and had to call customer support.  I got locked out of my aaccount and I wanted to get into it before my sub resubscribed.

well I call and was on hold for a very long time  with star wars music blaring on the phone.   If i want to be a jerk i can say the audio quality was crappy... as if they had gotten a tape recorder and put it up to the phone.    At my job i sit on hold quite often when calling certain departments... the music is cheesy but the sound is much better.   but who cares right it is just hold music.  it did not annoy me at the time but in retro spec it was just a a taste of things to come.

So i finally get through and the person seemed to be from some asian country.  I dated a few women from asia and her accent was one of those and it was a bit hard to understand her... not so much because of her accent but because they were using a really crappy phone system.

to top it off they seemed to be having a party in the background with people laughing and it sounded like dishes were clanging as they ate.    The woman had to ask me for my information three times before she either understood me or she was able to hear me over all the people in the background.

she then asked me what I needed and she then informed me that I "needed to call back later the servers were down" so they were not able to assist me in unlocking my account.  

Okay so I have played subscription games for a very long time.   I played asherons call, shadow bane, eve, wow, swg, vanguard, COH,  and during that time I at least had to call them once....  I never experience that with any of those companies where they told me to call back later.   I was so shocked I said okay and hung up...... after I understood what happened I was wtf and could not believe it.

Well my sub resubscribed  and I called back to get a refund..... they basically said nope.   too bad.   We will give you credit for another month... i said no and they offered 2 months up to 3.....

I asked how giving me free months was going to help me if I did not want to sub again because I wanted to quit.

They pretty much said.. .well if you decide to come back you can ask for your free months then......  I was in disbelief.

I decided it was too much trouble to get upset over a few dollars and just uninstalled and moved on.

The game  and the customer service is crap.  such utter bs.  

• AhnogAhnog Member UncommonPosts: 240
    I've had three occassions to need customer service. Two were answered within hours and one took 3 days.

Ahnog

Hokey religions are no replacement for a good blaster at your side.

• KarteliKarteli Member CommonPosts: 2,646

Last time I submitted a ticket it took 2 weeks.

That might seem reasonable to some SWTOR fans, but by the time I got the response, I already forgot what my complaint was.

In WoW, I get responses the same day btw, even though I prefer SWTOR.  sad.

Want a nice understanding of life? Try Spirit Science: "The Human History"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8NNHmV3QPw&feature=plcp
    Recognize the voice? Yep sounds like Penny Arcade's Extra Credits.

• Sevenstar61Sevenstar61 Member UncommonPosts: 1,686
    I had only one issue and it was my bad, because I accidently bonded item and requested it to be unbound. It took 2 days... but it was not priority. As I had no other issues, I can't really rate it, other than I got what i wanted so I was satisfied.

Sith Warrior - Story of Hate and Love http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxKrlwXt7Ao
    Imperial Agent - Rise of Cipher Nine http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBBj3eJWBvU&feature=youtu.be
    Imperial Agent - Hunt for the Eagle Part 1http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQqjYYU128E

• Cypt1Cypt1 Member UncommonPosts: 283

As I said in another thread, I had no issues with their customer service over a period of several months following the game's launch. Once I even needed an item replacement, and they resolved that in a matter of hours. I also  used their phone customer service twice. The first time they told me to call back later (they were working on their system and couldn't access my information), but the second time the CSR was very helpful and resolved my issue immediately--so no complaints there.

That said, every  issue I've had over the past three months hasn't been addressed in less than three days, and one even took longer. One of my tickets, after a week, was never answered, so I shut it down since I figured out how to circumvent the problem myself by then.

If I were to rate their customer service prior to the current state it's in (in my experience), I would have given it a 7 or an 8. Now? Maybe a 2 or a 3. The only customer service I experienced that was more abysmal than TOR's (currently) was an Asian F2P game, which was to be expected. Considering I'm still a subscriber and was at the time I created all of my tickets, I think it's absolutely ridiculous that I have to wait days just to get my tickets acknowledged.

As an aside, no, I don't hate TOR or I wouldn't be playing it. Like it or not (and anecdotal or not), these are my experiences. Just saying it like it is.