Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

My Opinion: Why WWIIOL is dead.

Comments

• DenizzjeDenizzje Member Posts: 12
    Originally posted by axishatr

Take note:   The forum whining of bar and xoom has brought out the wwiiol drones......

So because you don't like the game anymore, nobody else should? Seriously, you talk on these forums like CRS has thrown you out of your house and DOC burned your car, in other words, severly hurt you. Like I said, this game is far from perfect but damn, give it a rest man. :D

• DenizzjeDenizzje Member Posts: 12
    Originally posted by depot12
    Originally posted by axishatr
    Originally posted by pittpete

If the game goes under like you hope it does what is there to replace it in that genre?

Please don't tell me Heroes and Generals.

For you guys to feel at home I suppose the next available mismanaged low graphics low pop game you could find.

Rapid Assault!!!

Oh wait sorry, they shut down that server a few weeks back and are not responding to questions on the forum about it.   Basically all the RA founders are out thier money.  

I asked it on the forum two days ago and Xoom responded that Gophur and Ramp are working on it. Lets just see what happens. I did not like RA at all the first time I played it, but with the last playtest it felt quite alright, in a way I hope that the main game will feel as soon as possible. Still I do not agree on resources going to RA first before the main game.

Edit: Sorry for the double post

• pittpetepittpete Member Posts: 233

I'm taking my football home and none of those other mean boys can play....image

• wrath04wrath04 Member Posts: 89

Wow These trolls are relentless and tired! If you hate the game so much why would you care who plays it ? Some of these trolls, If you read between thier troll lines, actually say why they hate CRS so much, and most of it has very little to do with the game and alot to do with thier conduct.

The Fact is, this game is not dead. I play it, I should know. I have been playing this game from the beginning, I too was not a fan of TOE's or the capture mechanic in general as it is now BUT, I got over it ,the game is still good and there still is nothing like it out there, NOT EVEN CLOSE. So OP, whoever you are, let it all out man, get a real good cry going and get over it, you could be somewhere having fun playing a game, not trying to get people not to play a good one. You are helping no one but yourself,and you are hurting no one but yourself...and all your fellow trolls.

For the trolls who SAY they been playing from the beginning, they sure DON'T know crap about the game and shouldn't qualify themselves as correspondents on ww2online analysis anyway, they just end up looking foolish like they do with thier outdated ideas about how the game is going.

This Thread need's a tissue badly!

!Salute

• ian77ian77 Member Posts: 5

Cant say as I am happy with every change ever made to my favourite game, but it is still better than any other game I have ever played. I presume the "hate" being seen in this thread must be because they did once really care for the game and feel betrayed? If they never cared for it, why be so actively against it?

See you on the battlefield!

Ian

• depot12depot12 Member Posts: 156
    Originally posted by ian77

See you on the battlefield!

Not as long as DOC and xoom are there.  Game is awesome just mismanaged and the people in charge can't do anything until you fork over more money. I mean they triple pinky promise the 4500 HERO subscriptions will go to RA development to save Battleground Europe.  I mean it will be an example with something thats not BE (RA) is actually helping.    Meantime if you are having EI/friendly rendering issues during large battles, you need to spread out, because its you that is causing the problem.  

• mrcheapymrcheapy Member Posts: 56

ww2ol is the only game where more people leads to worse gameplay

once you get high pop in a town you get the laggy ei and rendering shit going on

January 13th,  2013

5:30 P.M. EST U.S.A.

4 AO's

Not dead

That is all

January 13th,  2013

4 AO's

Not dead

That is all

LOL. 4? Even in 2007/08 3 AOs was normal at low pop I mean 6AM EST low-pop.  Now 4 AOs during TZ1 is "not dead".   Wish I could share the enthuasism.  

January 13th,  2013

4 AO's

Not dead

That is all

LOL. 4? Even in 2007/08 3 AOs was normal at low pop I mean 6AM EST low-pop.  Now 4 AOs during TZ1 is "not dead".   Wish I could share the enthuasism.  

I wish you could too, alot of us wish you would... you need to resub and feel the love rather than just wishing you could.

Late Edit: there's plenty of us to fight with/against in this game and it's still a load of fun, all we need is you.

Originally posted by wrath04

January 13th,  2013

4 AO's

Not dead

That is all

I wish you could too, alot of us wish you would... you need to resub and feel the love rather than just wishing you could.

I will as soon as DOC and xoom are gone and 1.35 is delivered.  Which im sure is soon.

January 13th,  2013

4 AO's

Not dead

That is all

I will as soon as DOC and xoom are gone and 1.35 is delivered.  Which im sure is soon.

You don't need any of them to have fun with us, and we really don't need to wait on 1.35  ... Updates would be great! but the reality is the game is still loads of fun regardless...comon man! We're all players here..and let's face it, we need you too.

January 13th,  2013

4 AO's

Not dead

That is all

You don't need any of them to have fun with us, and we really don't need to wait on 1.35  ... Updates would be great! but the reality is the game is still loads of fun regardless...comon man! We're all players here..and let's face it, we need you too.

I'm sure its alot of fun for a veteran like slaughtering newbies then bragging on The Forum how uber you are.  Sorry not my game.

January 13th,  2013

4 AO's

Not dead

That is all

I'm sure its alot of fun for a veteran like slaughtering newbies then bragging on The Forum how uber you are.  Sorry not my game.

That kind of thing Almost never happens and when it does, it's usually a vet ribbing another vet, but Ok , not you're cup of tea, that's cool...

• HodoHodo Member Posts: 542

January 13th,  2013

4 AO's

Not dead

That is all

Ok, you are new to the game let me help you out.

CRS changed the AO requirement population numbers to get more AOs due to lower populations then when the game came out.  

I was on on the 13th for a about an hour and I went to all 4 AOs, I seen at most 20 people at each AO, which is EXTREMELY low from the times the introduced them.   I can remember when there were almost a hundred if not hundreds of players at ONE AO, and it wasnt enough to draw 2 AOs let alone 4.  

So much crap, so little quality.

• StugStug Member UncommonPosts: 387
    you can't be right. That other guy depot 12 said only 17 people were playing....as for your count from what I saw there was certainly way more than 20 axis players attacking vouziers. TZ have always caused number fluctuations on what is a 24/7 server, dynamic Half siZed map of euro land!

• rendusrendus Member UncommonPosts: 329
    Originally posted by Hodo

January 13th,  2013

4 AO's

Not dead

That is all

Ok, you are new to the game let me help you out.

CRS changed the AO requirement population numbers to get more AOs due to lower populations then when the game came out.  

I was on on the 13th for a about an hour and I went to all 4 AOs, I seen at most 20 people at each AO, which is EXTREMELY low from the times the introduced them.   I can remember when there were almost a hundred if not hundreds of players at ONE AO, and it wasnt enough to draw 2 AOs let alone 4.  

I was on and off again several times yesterday.  And I was seeing the same thing you're seeing.  Initially I thought, "wow, plenty of AOs up, must be lots of people playing".   Then I started spawning into some of them only to find 10 or so people milling around looking for someone to shoot.   Aarschot was getting hammered yesterday afternoon and it was pretty populated, but that was the high point.  And late last night was pretty dead all around.

Hodo my man, let me school ya a little bit

Im not new

I've played on and off since Feb. of 2003

I was there when the game was phenomenal

You don't have to tell me about the history of the game

The past is the past

We are in the future

The title of the thread is "Why WWIIOL is dead"

IMO and many others, it is not dead.

I posted there were 4 AO's yesterday 

If the title was "WWII Online is not as active as it used to be a few years ago" I would agree with you.

It is obvious that a lot of you down inside love the game still but just dislike DOC and XOOM.

It is totally evident by most of your posts.

I don't play for DOC or XOOM or any of the other creators/Devs.

I play for me,myself and I.

I hope you have learned something today.

School is out.

• StugStug Member UncommonPosts: 387
    Weird. Are you guys playing the same game as me? Is their a lowest pop server you spawn on so you can ignore what is.actually going on in the real servers? There was over 160+ on Ts alone last night,.let alone the private servers or those who don't even use Ts.
    Originally posted by Stug
    Weird. Are you guys playing the same game as me? Is their a lowest pop server you spawn on so you can ignore what is.actually going on in the real servers? There was over 160+ on Ts alone last night,.let alone the private servers or those who don't even use Ts.

Don't really care who is on TS.  There were only 10 -15 people per AO last night on Axis.  It's not hard to read the names and total up the numbers.  Is the invisible infantry bug so bad I can't see half the playerbase?  I doubt it.  Now I'm sure those playing the airwar (and navy, lol) will add to the numbers, but I can't see those due to F2P restrictions.  This evening, let's set up a time and go online at the same time and count the bodies.

Stug, they are haters

They are hurt

They can't or won't ever see clearly.

FF has over 20 guys a night on at 1 time.

Blitzkader has sometimes 30+ on squad nights

DDZ on squad nights has 20 guys on

These are just 3 Axis squads that I'm familiar with.

I have 192 sorties this campaign which BTW isn't a lot

I have 8 pages of enemies I killed on the Allied side.

Each page is 25 enemies long

8 x 25 is = 200

Split that between UK and French personas

On the minimum, 100 Allied enemies I killed this campaign

I play late USA timezone during 2 AO max periods.

Not a  ton of players on at that time.

They need to do the math.

Hopefully logic and proof can get rid of the trolls and haters over here.

S!

Originally posted by rendus

Don't really care who is on TS.  There were only 10 -15 people per AO last night on Axis.  It's not hard to read the names and total up the numbers.  Is the invisible infantry bug so bad I can't see half the playerbase?  I doubt it.  Now I'm sure those playing the airwar (and navy, lol) will add to the numbers, but I can't see those due to F2P restrictions.  This evening, let's set up a time and go online at the same time and count the bodies.

Rendus, how is crucifying this game going to help increase numbers if in fact you are telling the truth?

Rendus, how is crucifying this game going to help increase numbers if in fact you are telling the truth?

Rendus isn't crucifyng the game.  You guys are coming over here telling us numbers are great and he posted his own observation.    Are you trying to get your name in all-caps or something?  Pretty typical CRS tactic change subjects and attack the player.

Are you guys all the same poster?

You do realize that counting guys on TS doesnt tell you how many people are logged into the game at a certain time?

Also BTW ,

Pittpete     Joined: 6/04/10

depot12   Joined: 9/24/12

Please don't tell me  "You guys are coming over here"

Wise up.

Use your real WWII Onlinegame name's, what are you guys afraid of?

I guess discussing the player population is off the table, you know, for the good of the game.  I thought, maybe, we could have some interesting discussions about the direction of the game, and some solutions to get it out of the hole it's in.  But you guys won't even admit there is a hole, much less the game is in one. 

You're just here as agents for CRS marketing and as such will not say anything that can be construed as negative.  And with that, I'm out.

Keep beating the drum guys, good luck and Godspeed.    

This discussion has been closed.