Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Yet another Bioware screw-up for previous subscribers

Latest patch launched this week. Patch notes indicate that limited characters are to be enforced for Free and Preferred Status player....seems fair enough.

Patch note also clearly states:

"Subscribers and Preferred Status Players who have more than the current character limits will be allowed to keep and play all characters"

I have 12 characters and my account ticked from subscriber to preferred yesterday.  I've cancelled as I'm working away from home and will not have an awfull lot of access to the game until I get home again.

Logged in today.....I can only activate 6 characters....Eh??

Started to activate them as I believed it was a display bug which would allow me to activate all as promised in the patch notes. Only 3 have activated and it's stating that 6 out of 6 activations have happened and I can't touch my other characters...WHAT?

Once again a complete failure to, it appears, communicate properly and once again quality control issues have emerged with patching. Bioware, I've had enough, I give up image

Comments

• Sevenstar61Sevenstar61 Member UncommonPosts: 1,686

I will post for you on support forum to see if it's a bug or the patch notes are wrong.

Edit: Actually I did not have to... see this link and if I can help you with anything let me know... shoot me PM

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=583615

Sith Warrior - Story of Hate and Love http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxKrlwXt7Ao
    Imperial Agent - Rise of Cipher Nine http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBBj3eJWBvU&feature=youtu.be
    Imperial Agent - Hunt for the Eagle Part 1http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQqjYYU128E

• NoobkilarNoobkilar Member Posts: 175
    I gave up a long time ago.....sucks I crave a good starwars game, or hell any game worth my $ right now imo. GL
  • aRtFuLThinGaRtFuLThinG Member UncommonPosts: 1,387

EA's motto:

EA - Challenge Everything (including customer's patience)

• Slappy1Slappy1 Member Posts: 458

I'm wondering if their system work's like the the one in EQ2?In that game if you were say an all access and had 12 allowed character's and then dropped to gold (which allows 7 I believe) then the system would activate the 7 character's that were last logged in,the other 5 would be locked.

The thing is,from what I read,you would still have access to the characters above 6 (if preffered).They made it sound like you could choose the 6 you want to have active,like how AOC did it.I'm subbed myself,but can feel the pain and confusion this is causing.There are people that had say 14 characters and are subbed (limit is 12 on server)then bought an extra char slot and it doesn't show.It only cover's the 13th char slot they already have against losing it.So they would need to buy 3 slots to actually gain 1 slot above the 14 they have,wth?

I can see the math with the slot's but it's confusing as hell to many,me included *Dazed*

Some day I'm going to put a sword through your eye and out the back of your skull!

Arya Stark

• MMOdad72MMOdad72 Member Posts: 93
    The fact even paying cartel shop customers can't even post on support forums says all that needs to be said about how horribly ran this game is.
    Subscribers having to offer to post trying to help others via proxy should make EA ashamed.

But EA has no shame.
  • MyriaMyria Member UncommonPosts: 699

It's depressingly telling that clearly no one even bothered reading the link provided in the second post.

Originally posted by Myria

It's depressingly telling that clearly no one even bothered reading the link provided in the second post.

Did you read the op?Cause it sound's like he can only access 6 and the link says he should have access to all!That's depressing.

Some day I'm going to put a sword through your eye and out the back of your skull!

Arya Stark

• Sevenstar61Sevenstar61 Member UncommonPosts: 1,686
    Originally posted by Slappy1

Did you read the op?Cause it sound's like he can only access 6 and the link says he should have access to all!That's depressing.

I think notes are written wrongly, as one of CS mentionned. There was understanding before the patch, that  F2P players would have access only to limited number of characters and the other will be locked, player would have to pick which ones he wants to play. There is obviously a bug though, which incorrectly or confusingly pick toons you want to play.

Sith Warrior - Story of Hate and Love http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxKrlwXt7Ao
    Imperial Agent - Rise of Cipher Nine http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBBj3eJWBvU&feature=youtu.be
    Imperial Agent - Hunt for the Eagle Part 1http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQqjYYU128E

• tiefighter25tiefighter25 Member Posts: 937

I'm not 100% on what the exact cause of OP's troubles are, but they do seem to stem from Bioware's temporary grandfathering of extra charcter slots stemming from server merges. Initially, BW allowed players who's roster list per server exceeded the alloted amount play all charcters with the caveat that eventually they would enforce the charcter limit. Problem is, they were vague in when and how it would be enforced.

My guess is that when you switched from sub to prefered player, some sort of bugged version of charcter slot restrictions was activated.

It could be worse. Some poor subscribing souls who had 13/12 slots bought the "add charcter slot" legacy perk, only to find out they now had 13/13 slots available. (Still unable to create a new charcter without deleting an old one).

Chalk it up to bad communication/ poor system reimplementation.

Bioware should really step up its game, especially considering Terra's FTP/BTP system coming in February.

Originally posted by Sevenstar61
    Originally posted by Slappy1

I think notes are written wrongly, as one of CS mentionned. There was understanding before the patch, that  F2P players would have access only to limited number of characters and the other will be locked, player would have to pick which ones he wants to play. There is obviously a bug though, which incorrectly or confusingly pick toons you want to play.

Yea,it's a shame that this happened.Reading through the link you provided it does seem like a bug and that the op will probably need to report it to get access to his/her character's.Either that or it was a pure miscommunication.

Hopefully they can get this worked out,I'm sure they're getting bombarded right now with account limit error's.

Arya Stark

• VassagoMaelVassagoMael Member Posts: 555
    I love when people come to MMORPG.com with their game issues before looking for he answer in the official forum.

Free to play = content updates for the cash shop. Buy to play = content updates for the cash shop.
    Subscription = Actual content updates!

• superniceguysuperniceguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,278
    Originally posted by VassagoMael
    I love when people come to MMORPG.com with their game issues before looking for he answer in the official forum.

The concerns are still valid though, as looking at Biowares posts, the patch notes are wrong, and you can only have the limit - preferred status has 6 open, and the rest locked, and subbed players have 12 chars, and the rest locked. If a subbed player merged servers and had say 14 chars, then 2 chars are now unplayable. According to the patch notes they would be playable, but Bioware have stated that was wrong.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showpost.php?p=5699369&postcount=7

Sorry for the delay in response, I'm still waiting for a 100% definite confirmation on it, but it appears that the patch note is incomplete/misleading.

It looks to be the case that preferred status players will have a limit of 6 active characters on the account, and the note is referring to the fact that we won't delete the characters if you are already over the limit. As mentioned, I don't have full confirmation of this, but I believe it to be the case.

The "getting this fixed asap" is for getting the duplicate activations fixed, as this is absolutely a bug.

I hope this helps clarify somewhat and I'm sorry I can't give a more concrete response at this time.

They will hopefully change this when they see people quitting the game. For nearly 2 months people could use their characters, and now over night have to pay $5-$30 just to unlock and be able to play them, as they did up until Tuesday, and see no added benefit to their game, and will be especially tough on people who subbed specifically to get more char slots. That will be up to $45 spent on char slots alone. If they waited they could unlcoked the slots over the time, and the $45 fee would not be so bad.

That is why I did not bother, I can now go play the game, and unlock more chars for only $5 each, and actually get an extra character. This is certainly going to get on many peoples wicks. Just as I start to get thinking about playing SWTOR people are going to quit en masse.

There is a couple of threads popped up yesterday where people are getting fed up, and still there!

Which MMO do you recommend for those quitting TOR and why?

Cash shop, sub fee, Xmas holo trees for 10 dollah, content patches for 10 dollah. Five million talking heads with expensive VAs who never have anything memorable to say. End game that would be 1:1 copy oif WoW's counterpart if it was less clunky and stale. eah, small wonder peiople are getting tired of TOR.

Until the inevitable deletion of this thread, (which will take a good 12 hours or so since EA has fired most support staff ages ago) let us talk about other MMORPGs. Which ones you'd recommend to your fellow ex-TOrists and why?

From top of my head, 3 are worth mentioning:

WoW
    Why do you want to switch over there:
    More sophisticated and polished PvE and PvP experience in any and all ways. Infinitely stronger, vibrant community. Play with UI that is pretty much exactly what you want it to be. With WoW, you know exactly what you are getting. You know it is unlikely Bliz suddenly fires half of the dev team, you know you wont suddenly have to pay 10 dollayh for content patches,you know all new armor isn't suddenly sold via cash shop..
    Why you do not want to switch over there:
    Lvl cap experience of TOR is essentially slighlty less entertaining, slightly more clunky and unrefined version of WoW's. If you are very tired of the very fundamentals in TOR end game, you are tired of them in WoW too by default. While WoW's engine is superior to TOR in more or less every ways, graphics and many game mechanics are getting rather obsolete Also, it is WoW for love of god. Are you not tired of this game yet?
    Still, If some1 put a gun to my head and forced me to pick wether I'd pay 6 months of TOR or WOW, choise would be ridiculoysly easy.

Eve Online
    Why you want to switch over there:
    So incredibly bold, different and complex in ways you'd never dream MMO or a video game to be. Ways Eve's community( and sub communities) have organized themselves is something everybody should go check out. By the time you've done with application process to Eve University(a newbie guild) you slowly start realizing just how serious business Internet spaceships are. ;p They throw guild events that remind me of my RL university lectures in terms of uhh..overall quality in oratory.
    Dynamic, actual warfare with strategic and tactical scopes both offering meta games to play. Diplomacy. Ponzi schemes. Piracy. Stock Market. Epsionage. Insane meta gaming and identity thefts. This is not stuff that happens in cutscenes or via some dialogue wheels or to your NPC LIs or some such sillyness. In Eve Online, they are actual, real, ..things. Done exclusively by and to players. Internet spaceships are a VERY SERIOUS BUSINESS. It is endlessly curious, potentially boring boring and infinitely terrifying game. Everybody interested of social dimensions within video games should at least try it. (In meaningful fashion involving actualy finding and joining a Corp. Dont just spend 2 hours shooting stuff with your small space ship, that aspect of the game sucks.
    WHy you do not want to switch over there:
    Flying around in your internet space ship and shooting stuff is boring and it sucks. At least til you get your hands to goood stuff. Luckily that(surprisingly enough) is not the point of the game!
    P.S Eve has AMAZING soundtrack

Ultima Online
    This is what I personally chose, an old friend from behind ze years. I've been playing it WAY TOO MUCH for my own good for 5-6 days now. More or less every second of it I've been doing stuff I could not do in TOR or other WOW clones. It is infinitely refreshing to be in a sandbox. Ultima Online has tons and tons of features most players of modern AAA MMOs would deem incredibly fresh innovative, if they actually ever saw them in action. Sadly they never will - EA treats UO with absolute void of love and respect. Which is strange. It generates them a good bit of money with profit marigins that puts games like TOR in shame. It is saddening and ironic how an MMOPRG released in 1998 is in many ways more modern and ambitious than most WoW clones out there. It is shame EA gives this game no love or visibility whatsoever. Majority of people don't even know it is still alive. I'm about to open my own Museum in it. Think of the implications. Whatsort of a game enables you to open a museum, eh! Suppose it has to be underlined this is not some lame skyrim type of an option like " do you want to build A) museum B) library to your house?" No no. in UO, you can pretty much build and decorate anything you can think of(within boundaries of 2D fantasy world. ) Imagine what such freedom does to depth of itemization and loot.
    Highly emergent gameplay. Extremely old community. Rare traders. Thieves, Vicious PvP trashtalk. House thieves. Collapsing homes and vulture playes rushing to fight for the spoils. God I love this game.

Why you should not go there:
    Hopelessly obsolete PvE. Skelton Crew dev team.

Ultima Online carries the skins of ** at least** 20 or so now dead and defunct "Ultima Online killers" on it's belt.

Makeb will be the biggest, non expansion pack, piece of content that any online game ever released

- James Ohlen

and is mostly positive posts towards the thread too!

and then this one (not posted by me, none of the rest of the post is from me or my thoughts, just showing that the paying playing subscribers are also getting fed up of the game/EA)

A History Lesson On The TORtanic

The TORtanic. Announced by Failware October 21, 2008. A believed to be great game that will end all other games. WoW will loose it's subs they said. RIFT will fall they said. Reckless and careless decisions that lead to the fall of something not-so-great.

< >

Days, weeks, months, years of teasers and blog posts. Lucky ones got into the exclusive beta limited to mere hundreds. Forced by Failware to not disclose a single thing, as with any NDA. Anyone can argue First Amendment, but what the hell, you put a check mark on a contract. Hundreds, thousands, millions of dollars spent. We were promised that they wouldn't drop the staff after the game was made in many videos. We were promised it wouldn't be that type of MMO that doesn't feel "heroic" in big battles or a "grind". We took their words and anxiously waited for our turns into the beta. It was Failware, a very reputable company. There was a flaw though. During this time lolEA acquired Failware, leaving many unaware.

< >
    Beta is here and everyone loves the fail. Talks about the Hero Engine come up. People say they love their grind to level 50. Already, rumors of expansions come up and the Legacy announced to be the first feature. Beta seems to be going great. Reviews and reviews, all promising and luring in victims. lolEA announces a release date. Some old beta testers say that it's not too late. "To the money!" lolEA announced. They already invested millions after all, and all these great reviews on the fail!
    <>
    The TORnado comes, slowly. Pre-release goes a bit rough as with any TORnado, but not as bad as with others you could say. Servers and servers are filled. Too many to chose. "Where will I go?", "Will my server die?", "Will I make new friends?" were just some of the questions asked. Little did they know that the TORnado was approaching that will cause a rippling TORtastrophy. Legacy update was given along with Rakghoul's, some didn't like their approach. Illum falls to a TORrible death star, marking the start of the TORtacalsym. Group finder is finally in the game, but done so poorly. Updates only break it more, while PvP is struggled to be balanced. Many people fall to Failware on the spot, further increasing more fail to be made. Rumors of Free2Play are risen and ignored. Surely a game that was well invested in and cost so much could never go Free2Play. So they were wrong, and Free2Play was given day. Quickly the haters came to the forums and quickly they went away.
    <>
    To this day, the fail is halfway sunk. It's unclear if it can be saved as the captain and co-captain have jumped ship. Can it be saved? No one knows until the day is made clear. But I know that whatever happens, I will be here to witness it. I will be here to see the tears of fanboys wishing the game wasn't F2P. I will be here to laugh as the TORtanic continues its plummet into the deep, deep pool of fail. Will you jump ship to save the time you have now? Will you jump ship and board the life-raft with the captain and co-captain? Will you jump ship and witness the continuation of the fail? Will you stay on the ship to save what you can? Will you stay on the ship to fall into the pool of fail? The choice is clear, but which will you take?
    <>
    I beg you, save yourself while you can.

• BadOrbBadOrb Member UncommonPosts: 791
    Originally posted by superniceguy

The concerns are still valid though, as looking at Biowares posts, the patch notes are wrong, and you can only have the limit - preferred status has 6 open, and the rest locked, and subbed players have 12 chars, and the rest locked. If a subbed player merged servers and had say 14 chars, then 2 chars are now unplayable. According to the patch notes they would be playable, but Bioware have stated that was wrong.

Sorry for the delay in response, I'm still waiting for a 100% definite confirmation on it, but it appears that the patch note is incomplete/misleading.

It looks to be the case that preferred status players will have a limit of 6 active characters on the account, and the note is referring to the fact that we won't delete the characters if you are already over the limit. As mentioned, I don't have full confirmation of this, but I believe it to be the case.

The "getting this fixed asap" is for getting the duplicate activations fixed, as this is absolutely a bug.

I hope this helps clarify somewhat and I'm sorry I can't give a more concrete response at this time.

Sorry but your information is wrong , I wasn't going to join this site but I have read a lot of missleeding information about SWTOR on here for a while now.. So subbed players get to use all their characters above the 12 , if they had them before the recent patch , the rest aren't locked and are all playable. I have 16 characters my friend has 22 or so on the same server. The only thing that is bad really is , if , in the future I wan't to make a cathar then I would have to unlock my 13th - 16th character slots and delete one character , so that's 4 character unlocks. Mind you the character unlocks can be bought on the GTN , so no worries there really.

As to the Op , it sounds like a bug , some people , after buying a character unlock witnessed a few characters with the exclmation mark next to them as if to be able to change names . All they did to rectify it was to log in and out. I know that might not be your problem but maybe it's related. Hope you get your account sorted out soon.

Cheers,

BadOrb.

PSO 4 years , EQOA 4 months , PSU 7 years , SWTOR launch ongoing , PSO2 SEA launch ongoing , Destiny 360 launch ongoing.
    "SWG was not fun. Let it go buddy." quote from iiNoSkillzii 10/18/13
    The original propoganda pixie dust villain :[]

Originally posted by BadOrb

Sorry but your information is wrong , I wasn't going to join this site but I have read a lot of missleeding information about SWTOR on here for a while now.. So subbed players get to use all their characters above the 12 , if they had them before the recent patch , the rest aren't locked and are all playable. I have 16 characters my friend has 22 or so on the same server. The only thing that is bad really is , if , in the future I wan't to make a cathar then I would have to unlock my 13th - 16th character slots and delete one character , so that's 4 character unlocks. Mind you the character unlocks can be bought on the GTN , so no worries there really.

As to the Op , it sounds like a bug , some people , after buying a character unlock witnessed a few characters with the exclmation mark next to them as if to be able to change names . All they did to rectify it was to log in and out. I know that might not be your problem but maybe it's related. Hope you get your account sorted out soon.

Cheers,

BadOrb.

My information came from Bioware themselves, so are they wrong again? Is it a bug, and preferred status people will get all their characters back? From what Bioware say there, it is not a bug, but intended.

• LatronusLatronus Member Posts: 692

They will hopefully change this when they see people quitting the game. For nearly 2 months people could use their characters, and now over night have to pay $5-$30 just to unlock and be able to play them, as they did up until Tuesday, and see no added benefit to their game, and will be especially tough on people who subbed specifically to get more char slots. That will be up to $45 spent on char slots alone. If they waited they could unlcoked the slots over the time, and the $45 fee would not be so bad.

That is why I did not bother, I can now go play the game, and unlock more chars for only $5 each, and actually get an extra character. This is certainly going to get on many peoples wicks. Just as I start to get thinking about playing SWTOR people are going to quit en masse.

There is a couple of threads popped up yesterday where people are getting fed up, and still there!

Which MMO do you recommend for those quitting TOR and why?

Cash shop, sub fee, Xmas holo trees for 10 dollah, content patches for 10 dollah. Five million talking heads with expensive VAs who never have anything memorable to say. End game that would be 1:1 copy oif WoW's counterpart if it was less clunky and stale. eah, small wonder peiople are getting tired of TOR.

Until the inevitable deletion of this thread, (which will take a good 12 hours or so since EA has fired most support staff ages ago) let us talk about other MMORPGs. Which ones you'd recommend to your fellow ex-TOrists and why?

From top of my head, 3 are worth mentioning:

WoW
    Why do you want to switch over there:
    More sophisticated and polished PvE and PvP experience in any and all ways. Infinitely stronger, vibrant community. Play with UI that is pretty much exactly what you want it to be. With WoW, you know exactly what you are getting. You know it is unlikely Bliz suddenly fires half of the dev team, you know you wont suddenly have to pay 10 dollayh for content patches,you know all new armor isn't suddenly sold via cash shop..
    Why you do not want to switch over there:
    Lvl cap experience of TOR is essentially slighlty less entertaining, slightly more clunky and unrefined version of WoW's. If you are very tired of the very fundamentals in TOR end game, you are tired of them in WoW too by default. While WoW's engine is superior to TOR in more or less every ways, graphics and many game mechanics are getting rather obsolete Also, it is WoW for love of god. Are you not tired of this game yet?
    Still, If some1 put a gun to my head and forced me to pick wether I'd pay 6 months of TOR or WOW, choise would be ridiculoysly easy.

Eve Online
    Why you want to switch over there:
    So incredibly bold, different and complex in ways you'd never dream MMO or a video game to be. Ways Eve's community( and sub communities) have organized themselves is something everybody should go check out. By the time you've done with application process to Eve University(a newbie guild) you slowly start realizing just how serious business Internet spaceships are. ;p They throw guild events that remind me of my RL university lectures in terms of uhh..overall quality in oratory.
    Dynamic, actual warfare with strategic and tactical scopes both offering meta games to play. Diplomacy. Ponzi schemes. Piracy. Stock Market. Epsionage. Insane meta gaming and identity thefts. This is not stuff that happens in cutscenes or via some dialogue wheels or to your NPC LIs or some such sillyness. In Eve Online, they are actual, real, ..things. Done exclusively by and to players. Internet spaceships are a VERY SERIOUS BUSINESS. It is endlessly curious, potentially boring boring and infinitely terrifying game. Everybody interested of social dimensions within video games should at least try it. (In meaningful fashion involving actualy finding and joining a Corp. Dont just spend 2 hours shooting stuff with your small space ship, that aspect of the game sucks.
    WHy you do not want to switch over there:
    Flying around in your internet space ship and shooting stuff is boring and it sucks. At least til you get your hands to goood stuff. Luckily that(surprisingly enough) is not the point of the game!
    P.S Eve has AMAZING soundtrack

Ultima Online
    This is what I personally chose, an old friend from behind ze years. I've been playing it WAY TOO MUCH for my own good for 5-6 days now. More or less every second of it I've been doing stuff I could not do in TOR or other WOW clones. It is infinitely refreshing to be in a sandbox. Ultima Online has tons and tons of features most players of modern AAA MMOs would deem incredibly fresh innovative, if they actually ever saw them in action. Sadly they never will - EA treats UO with absolute void of love and respect. Which is strange. It generates them a good bit of money with profit marigins that puts games like TOR in shame. It is saddening and ironic how an MMOPRG released in 1998 is in many ways more modern and ambitious than most WoW clones out there. It is shame EA gives this game no love or visibility whatsoever. Majority of people don't even know it is still alive. I'm about to open my own Museum in it. Think of the implications. Whatsort of a game enables you to open a museum, eh! Suppose it has to be underlined this is not some lame skyrim type of an option like " do you want to build A) museum B) library to your house?" No no. in UO, you can pretty much build and decorate anything you can think of(within boundaries of 2D fantasy world. ) Imagine what such freedom does to depth of itemization and loot.
    Highly emergent gameplay. Extremely old community. Rare traders. Thieves, Vicious PvP trashtalk. House thieves. Collapsing homes and vulture playes rushing to fight for the spoils. God I love this game.

Why you should not go there:
    Hopelessly obsolete PvE. Skelton Crew dev team.

Ultima Online carries the skins of ** at least** 20 or so now dead and defunct "Ultima Online killers" on it's belt.

Makeb will be the biggest, non expansion pack, piece of content that any online game ever released

- James Ohlen

and is mostly positive posts towards the thread too!

and then this one

A History Lesson On The TORtanic

The TORtanic. Announced by Failware October 21, 2008. A believed to be great game that will end all other games. WoW will loose it's subs they said. RIFT will fall they said. Reckless and careless decisions that lead to the fall of something not-so-great.

< >

Days, weeks, months, years of teasers and blog posts. Lucky ones got into the exclusive beta limited to mere hundreds. Forced by Failware to not disclose a single thing, as with any NDA. Anyone can argue First Amendment, but what the hell, you put a check mark on a contract. Hundreds, thousands, millions of dollars spent. We were promised that they wouldn't drop the staff after the game was made in many videos. We were promised it wouldn't be that type of MMO that doesn't feel "heroic" in big battles or a "grind". We took their words and anxiously waited for our turns into the beta. It was Failware, a very reputable company. There was a flaw though. During this time lolEA acquired Failware, leaving many unaware.

< >
    Beta is here and everyone loves the fail. Talks about the Hero Engine come up. People say they love their grind to level 50. Already, rumors of expansions come up and the Legacy announced to be the first feature. Beta seems to be going great. Reviews and reviews, all promising and luring in victims. lolEA announces a release date. Some old beta testers say that it's not too late. "To the money!" lolEA announced. They already invested millions after all, and all these great reviews on the fail!
    <>
    The TORnado comes, slowly. Pre-release goes a bit rough as with any TORnado, but not as bad as with others you could say. Servers and servers are filled. Too many to chose. "Where will I go?", "Will my server die?", "Will I make new friends?" were just some of the questions asked. Little did they know that the TORnado was approaching that will cause a rippling TORtastrophy. Legacy update was given along with Rakghoul's, some didn't like their approach. Illum falls to a TORrible death star, marking the start of the TORtacalsym. Group finder is finally in the game, but done so poorly. Updates only break it more, while PvP is struggled to be balanced. Many people fall to Failware on the spot, further increasing more fail to be made. Rumors of Free2Play are risen and ignored. Surely a game that was well invested in and cost so much could never go Free2Play. So they were wrong, and Free2Play was given day. Quickly the haters came to the forums and quickly they went away.
    <>
    To this day, the fail is halfway sunk. It's unclear if it can be saved as the captain and co-captain have jumped ship. Can it be saved? No one knows until the day is made clear. But I know that whatever happens, I will be here to witness it. I will be here to see the tears of fanboys wishing the game wasn't F2P. I will be here to laugh as the TORtanic continues its plummet into the deep, deep pool of fail. Will you jump ship to save the time you have now? Will you jump ship and board the life-raft with the captain and co-captain? Will you jump ship and witness the continuation of the fail? Will you stay on the ship to save what you can? Will you stay on the ship to fall into the pool of fail? The choice is clear, but which will you take?
    <>
    I beg you, save yourself while you can.

Dude, if you hate the game this much, then just move on!  Let go of your hate, it will only lead to the dark side!  Oh wait... It may be too late for you.  There may not be any chance of redemption for this one.  

Cheers,

BadOrb.

My information came from Bioware themselves, so are they wrong again? Is it a bug, and preferred status people will get all their characters back? From what Bioware say there, it is not a bug, but intended.

I was just pointing out that your part about subbed players is wrong and it is wrong. Your link doesn't mention subbed players. All my characters are playable , all 16 of them. Maybe the preferred players characters has a bug , which by the Op seems the case but anything else you mentioned was wrong.

Cheers,

Badorb.

PSO 4 years , EQOA 4 months , PSU 7 years , SWTOR launch ongoing , PSO2 SEA launch ongoing , Destiny 360 launch ongoing.

Maybe the preferred players characters has a bug , which by the Op seems the case but anything else you mentioned was wrong.

The information I posted by Bioware, says it is not a bug, Bioware say that the notes were wrong or specifically "incomplete/misleading".

• asmkm22asmkm22 Member Posts: 1,788
    Originally posted by MMOdad72
    The fact even paying cartel shop customers can't even post on support forums says all that needs to be said about how horribly ran this game is.
    Subscribers having to offer to post trying to help others via proxy should make EA ashamed.

But EA has no shame.

Yeah, it's pretty annoying.  They are basically trying to use negative reinforcement to get people to sub, rather than positive reinforcement.

You make me like charity

Maybe the preferred players characters has a bug , which by the Op seems the case but anything else you mentioned was wrong.

The information I posted by Bioware, says it is not a bug, Bioware say that the notes were wrong or specifically "incomplete/misleading".

Yeah that's all well and good , preferred have 6 and subbs get 12 and no charaters will be lost for preferred. Subbs have all their characters ready to play and not locked ( if they have mor than 12 ). The notes where wrong , indeed. Just when you started talking about subbed players is what was wrong. The preferred players can still buy charater unlocks though to unlock their characters above 6 or just to make that 7th character and so forth.

The OP witnessed a bug not related to what you said he could only play on 3 characters , so mine and your ramblings are a lil offtopic but I needed to correct you on your subbed players have locked characters above the 12.

Cheers,

BadOrb.

Yeah that's all well and good , preferred have 6 and subbs get 12 and no charaters will be lost for preferred. Subbs have all their characters ready to play and not locked ( if they have mor than 12 ). The notes where wrong , indeed. Just when you started talking about subbed players is what was wrong. The preferred players can still buy charater unlocks though to unlock their characters above 6 or just to make that 7th character and so forth.

The OP witnessed a bug not related to what you said he could only play on 3 characters , so mine and your ramblings are a lil offtopic but I needed to correct you on your subbed players have locked characters above the 12.

Cheers,

BadOrb.

He says he had only could activate 6 out of 12. So what I posted is spot on to the OPs problems

Taken from the OP - "Logged in today.....I can only activate 6 characters....Eh??"

Cheers,

BadOrb.

He says he had only could activate 6 out of 12. So what I posted is spot on to the OPs problems

Taken from the OP - "Logged in today.....I can only activate 6 characters....Eh??"

Right then he said he only had 3 out of the 6. So the patch notes where wrong as preferred can only have 6. Then the part you posted about subbs is wrong. Anyways , we are going in circles.

Preferred have 6. Subbs have 12. Any characters above 6 for preferred are locked ( but not lost ) and any characters above 12 for subbs are not locked out or lost.

Subbs wanting to make a new character above 12 will have to unlocked those slots above 12 up to a limit of 22 per server ( even if they already have characters in the 13th to 22nd slots). 

Preferred can unlock character slots above their 6 up to the limit of 22.

My last 3 mini paragraphs are 100% correct at this time.

Cheers,

BadOrb.

• PelaajaPelaaja Member Posts: 697
    Originally posted by Latronus

Dude, if you hate the game this much, then just move on!  Let go of your hate, it will only lead to the dark side!  Oh wait... It may be too late for you.  There may not be any chance of redemption for this one.  

He's a warning sign and you're the guy with a spray can.

Guess which one I would want to stay on these forums?

• simpliussimplius Member UncommonPosts: 1,134
    Originally posted by Pelaaja
    Originally posted by Latronus

He's a warning sign and you're the guy with a spray can.

Guess which one I would want to stay on these forums?

yea,,im lucky,,i only lost about 150$,,and of course the huge dissapointment

think of those , who spend 100s on cartel shop,,those gambling packs should be illegal

and note, how the things, that people relly WANT,,are the most rare

not  for 50$,,,,nor 100 are they in cashshop,,so you can guess, that they make more than that

• LaucianNailorLaucianNailor Member UncommonPosts: 49

OK, The OP's back  (I wasn't dropping a bomb and running), I now work away from home and only get limited access back on my home PC (hence me having to drop my sub which switched me to preferred status this week).

To clarify my situation:

1. The patch note was very clear in how it was written: that preferred players were able to keep and (and I think these are the key words) PLAY ALL characters. On logging on I could not and was only offered the option to activate and play 6 of them.
    2. Despite trying to activate 6, although the character roster screen indicated that 6 had been activated, ony 3 had actually activated and were available to play (I have lost access to 3 others - although in my view, compared to the actual words in the patch notes I believe I have lost access to 9 unless I pay more money to Bioware)
    As I said earlier, poor communication (inability to write clear, simple and understandable patch notes) and/or poor client release quality control (activating characters - what this patch actually introduced - doesn't work)

Thank you to the 2nd poster who offered to raise it on the forum for me, I cannot post on the forum as of this week and so I have sent a CS request through the SWTOR web-site, but have received no reply so far  (only 3 days).