Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why the Crickets?

124»

Comments

• xzyaxxzyax Member Posts: 2,459

Some interesting insight on the official site forums that somewhat addresses the same question of why the crickets from Aventurine.

http://forums.darkfallonline.com/showthread.php?t=352199

Some quotes from the link above:

"I've stopped testing and waiting for the next patch, as are a LOT of players no doubt."

"yea they update pretty regularly in beta forums."

"no they dont, their updates are horrendous."

"He might update but he doesnt say anything except soon (tm)"

"Like people stated, beta forums are updated regularly. They need to update outside of that as well."

"Beta testing...  No release date announced.  So no need new update."

"games fun, coming along nicely. AV is hard at work hammering out a great rpg/pvp/fps experience."

"Do not Pre-Order yet."

"why not?"

"Cant tell you... NDA.. Do not Preorder"

"Seriously - you have more potential customers waiting to buy than you have active in your beta. Give us some sort of sign that this game is actually progressing towards launch before we all slip through your fingers... again."

"i honestly would not advise anyone to buy into beta just yet. Leave it a week and lets see what this patch/fix does."

Well, make of it what you will.  Just thought it was some interesting insight from off of the official forum site (public  forums).  Fair disclosure: There is nothing to guarantee that any of those who made the comments above are in fact in the beta.  As I said... just found the comments interesting.

• DarthRaidenDarthRaiden Member UncommonPosts: 4,333
    Persistant bug still not fixed  1 month after "launch".

-----MY-TERMS-OF-USE--------------------------------------------------
    $OE - eternal enemy of online gaming
    -We finally WON !!!! 2011 $OE accepted that they have been fired 2005 by the playerbase and closed down ridiculous NGE !!

"There was suppression of speech and all kinds of things between disturbing and fascistic." Raph Koster (parted $OE)

• xzyaxxzyax Member Posts: 2,459
    Originally posted by DarthRaiden
    Persistant bug still not fixed  1 month after "launch".

Hmm... that is kinda sad.   Heard from a number of reliable source about dupping being a problem again as well.  Too bad, as that will kill a MMO game faster than just about anything else.  

Well, I guess a persistance "bug" would be kinda the opposite of dupping, so perhaps they are meant to off-set each other?  image

• kadepsysonkadepsyson Member UncommonPosts: 1,919
    They got the money from pre-orders.  They don't have it released yet.  It sounds very far from a fun and functional release quality title.  They aren't gaining more money, and their beta "testers" are leaving in droves.  With barely anyone to test the game, and no money left...I'm just wondering if the game will be sunsetted before it even launches.
  • phantomghostphantomghost Member UncommonPosts: 738
    Won't go into detail but duping has helped the  beta tremendously.  Duping was something they added, and will be taken out with the fixing of persistence.

• HancakesHancakes Member Posts: 1,045
    Originally posted by phantomghost
    Won't go into detail but duping has helped the  beta tremendously.  Duping was something they added, and will be taken out with the fixing of persistence.

added by mistakeimage

• Agrias34Agrias34 Member UncommonPosts: 147

There was very little reason for me to play the beta recently due to the constant server shutdowns and character wipes/bugs.  The game running in debuf mode really makes everything sloppy and unplayable for me at least.

Also, you probably dont see many posts unless you have bought the beta, because there is a separate section on the forums for beta only players which has a lot of posts in it.

• kadepsysonkadepsyson Member UncommonPosts: 1,919
    Originally posted by Agrias34

There was very little reason for me to play the beta recently due to the constant server shutdowns and character wipes/bugs.  The game running in debuf mode really makes everything sloppy and unplayable for me at least.

Also, you probably dont see many posts unless you have bought the beta, because there is a separate section on the forums for beta only players which has a lot of posts in it.

I would get discouraged too if I was trying to play a game with all those issues.

Fortunately for me, I don't get discouraged when testing an upcoming game in a beta phase when it has all those issues.

I test betas, I play released games.

• indefindef Member UncommonPosts: 344
    Originally posted by kadepsyson
    They got the money from pre-orders.  They don't have it released yet.  It sounds very far from a fun and functional release quality title.  They aren't gaining more money, and their beta "testers" are leaving in droves.  With barely anyone to test the game, and no money left...I'm just wondering if the game will be sunsetted before it even launches.

I doubt it because AV got a 4 million dollar investment in 2011 to fund the release of the game.  The investment company can't possibly get a return if AV doesn't even attempt to release.

If they release and the game flops, InternetQ (the investor) will likely buyout AV (they are allowed to do so by terms of the investment) and cannibalize the company for anything they can...probably sell off any IP AV might have and anything else they can to try and make their money back.  

• AnnwynAnnwyn Member UncommonPosts: 2,854
    Originally posted by kadepsyson

I would get discouraged too if I was trying to play a game with all those issues.

Fortunately for me, I don't get discouraged when testing an upcoming game in a beta phase when it has all those issues.

I test betas, I play released games.

Why pay to do their work, when they should be the ones doing the paying to test their game? Or they could provide access for free but closed to selected testers.

I for one only beta test a game if it's available to me for free, or if I get paid for it (although it's been a few years since). Otherwise, I prefer to wait before 'investing' any money on a game I've not played. It's served me well so far, especially considering the rather disappointing crops of MMOs we've had over the last few years.

The moment you start paying to access a beta is the moment it stopped being a beta. Right now, you're not beta testing, you're paying to play an unfinished and unstable game.

• tom_goretom_gore Member UncommonPosts: 2,001

ITT: People paying game companies to help them test their products.

Keep it going, fellas. We already pay them for developing the game (Kickstarter, not this game ofc), pay them for testing the game and pay them for playing the game.

Next step - PRE ORDER DF:UW to receive a permit to write about the game - positive comments only!

• benseinebenseine Member UncommonPosts: 293
    Well servers just went down for big patch as announed. I would advise all beta testers to check if this is the patch we've been waiting for. Beta testers know what I mean ;)