Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Problems down loading game files

AcorniaAcornia Member UncommonPosts: 273

Some problems I am seeing in trying to down load the game files.

1.  On their web site download page do not us the download button at top of page or open for the single file down loads.   Each time file was stopped with bad data error messages and retry button would not work.

You need to use save to download each game file.

2.  Where I am stuck now is that Winzip will not unlock the files so they can be extracked.  Keep getting unknown script/bad data error.

Any ideas on what to unzip the files with so I can pay the game?

Comments

• ObiClownobiObiClownobi Member Posts: 186
    Which version are you trying to download the NA or EU closed beta or the Russian open beta?

"It's a sandbox, if you are not willing to create a castle then all you have is sand" - jtcgs

• AcorniaAcornia Member UncommonPosts: 273
    The NA one from their home web site.
  • kirak2009kirak2009 Member UncommonPosts: 543

i used winzip,  first time it didn;t work  got a bad data cad files or something,  then i just clicked the exe in the downloaded zip files and it unpacked and started loading

"All expectation leads to suffering" Buhhda

• SlukjanSlukjan Member UncommonPosts: 265

I had similar problems with the single file download and winrar.

Here's what I did and it worked.

Download the the individual game files all into the same folder...i just created a new folder on desktop for this purpose.  Once all the files are in that folder just double click the .exe file....it does starts the install process. I did not unzip any files. I kept them in their zip and when the .exe ran i did everything that needed to be done.  Hope that helps.

Thanks will try the game's exe again and see if it works this time.
    Is the NA version still gimped to one hour a day?

"It's a sandbox, if you are not willing to create a castle then all you have is sand" - jtcgs

I think so Obi unless you buy the game from them.   You have unlimted play time instead on just the one hour per day if you buy from what I have been reading on their home web site.
  • Joseph_KerrJoseph_Kerr Member RarePosts: 1,113
    I used winrar and didnt have an issue.
  • mistmakermistmaker Member UncommonPosts: 321

for the NA version i had to download the single files, for the russian version i had to download the big file

• BigHatLoganBigHatLogan Member Posts: 688
    You only need to unzip the file you downloaded, the other zip files inside it will be unzipped by the EXE file.   I had some issues figuring this out and getting the EXE to run.  Make sure to run it as an administrator if you use Vista. 

Are you a Pavlovian Fish Biscuit Addict? Get Help Now!
    I will play no more MMORPGs until somethign good comes out!

Originally posted by Acornia
    I think so Obi unless you buy the game from them.   You have unlimted play time instead on just the one hour per day if you buy from what I have been reading on their home web site.

Then I will stick with the free unlimited Russian open beta.

• BigHatLoganBigHatLogan Member Posts: 688
    Originally posted by ObiClownobi
    Originally posted by Acornia

Then I will stick with the free unlimited Russian open beta.

Keep in mind they won't be wiping characters at release so you may want to start putting some time in on the NA server to get a head start if you plan on playing post release. 

Are you a Pavlovian Fish Biscuit Addict? Get Help Now!
    I will play no more MMORPGs until somethign good comes out!