Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Review] World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria: Great Fun, But Flawed

1235»

Comments

• erikk3189erikk3189 Member Posts: 306

The "millions" that play is a number naturally thrown out there by Blizzard. A number hard to believ if you go by the many empty servers and the small amt of MoP that was sold.

Many gaming sites are calling this expansion "weak' and rightly so. WoW has become a played out game that only exists nowadays on it's former glory. The game is nothing like it was when at the height of it's glory. 

They have changed the game into a one-finger needed to play game. Everything has been changed making it so ridiculously easy to play where you no longer need much of anything to compete.

WoW...being kept alive by a former glory respirator.

• IllyssiaIllyssia Member UncommonPosts: 1,507
     I played 1-90 WoW recently and it was good fun. But, at 90 the game changes into a daily quest, scenario, heroic dungeon, and raid dungeon gear grind. SImilar thing with PvP. There's lots of game up till 90, then it narros down to much less, and much more repetitive content. in 2013 that repetitive end-game content looks very dated, but the 1-90 content is great fun. Really what Blizz need to do is get out of the end-game and feed it into the 1-90 game more, i.e. you can do raid dungeons as you level through LFG tool easily. Then people would mainly play the game for the 1-90 experience instead of the dated and quite sprsre end-game concept.
  • darkhalf357xdarkhalf357x Member UncommonPosts: 1,237

For me, I'm coming in as a brand new player to WoW with MoP after becoming bored with other MMOs.  Husband, Father, Hard worker with only 1-3 hours a night to play. 

As a fan of tab target/hotkey combat its comfortable yet there is still a sense of growth and strategy. I dont believe in theorycrafting or having the 'best' build but then again I dont PvP either.  I am having fun leveling up the character the way I like.  Stats galore for me to look over, though I do admit its difficult to understand what attribute provides what value? (Do I take Hit% over Strength?)   But I enjoy learning as I level.

I love the cartoon-like world as it brings me back to my SNES RPGs.  I love the Dungeon Finder and cant wait to try LFR.  I definitely have incentive to level my character but at the same time enjoy the leveling content.

On the downside for me, I wish the stories were a bit more serious/dramatic.  I find them to whimsical and childish at times. I definitely hate the talent tree. It makes me feel as if I have NO control over building my character.  I would have much preferred to have skill points that I could place myself.  I wish the interface was flexible where I can move things around (I actually like the stock UI).  I wish there were more things to explore in the zones as I level but from reading this it looks like its in Pandaria which I am no where CLOSE to seeing as I'm only level 49 Warrior at the moment.  Also would have loved voiced quests but attribute that to the age of the game.

Social is ok. Wish I was in a better more active guild, but dont seem to have any luck with the Guild finder.  I wont give up.  I give bonus points for offline access via the WoW Armory.  I'm addicted to selling remotely on the AH.  

Overall, For what it is, its a great game (for me).  Within my limited playtime I can level, get in a dungeon and on occassion find a rare pet.  I get a nice sense of progression and I enjoy the story.

• sanshi44sanshi44 Member UncommonPosts: 1,187
    Originally posted by theniffrig
    Returned to WoW when mists released. Only stayed for the best part of a month before I unsubbed. Will be very interested to see the sub numbers for Q4. I'd bet that the gains blizz made from Mists will be very short-lived this time.

WoW sub number will still be 10mil because its easy for blizz to fake subs number for investers. They havant had anything close to the sub they been saying they had for years.

• sanshi44sanshi44 Member UncommonPosts: 1,187
    Originally posted by eyelolled
    What was the last number they gave the amount of players WoW Mists has? 2.7 million players or something like that?

The last numbers they gave for cata was 4.7mil and they still had over 10million subs apparently so apparnelty 5.3million people are playing without that expansion.

• VolgoreVolgore Member EpicPosts: 3,872
    Originally posted by erikk3189

The "millions" that play is a number naturally thrown out there by Blizzard. A number hard to believ if you go by the many empty servers and the small amt of MoP that was sold.

Many gaming sites are calling this expansion "weak' and rightly so.

The millions have always been fabricated by Blizzard. But whenever someone said so, he got run over by white knights quoting Blizzard's likewise fabricated "definition of subs" or stating that Blizzard as a public company is not allowed to "lie". (guess someone must have missed that he's being lied to about way bigger things on a daily basis)

Yes, many gaming sites called it weak, but frequent visitors know that we won't see similar reviews on websites that have sold out any remaining journalistic integrity to, in their own words, "our friends in the industry".

• GValerGValer Member Posts: 4
    after Berning Crusade didnt see nothing inresting in WoW
  • MukeMuke Member RarePosts: 2,614
    Originally posted by GValer
    after Berning Crusade didnt see nothing inresting in WoW

I liked WOW, it was aimed at the younger player, but personally when I played it I had fun till the point I finished BC.

WOTLK and Cata were doing nothing for me, and Panda Land, well, when reaching that second zone where you had Farmville, tamagotchi fights and were killing giant angry rabbits -wtf?-  I realized I was too old for this game and not a player Blizzard want in their game anymore lol.

Landscape is beautiful if you compare it to the old game, (they should revise the old graphics) but the content of Pandaland is very 'meeeeh' .

"going into arguments with idiots is a lost cause, it requires you to stoop down to their level and you can't win"

• KolimakoKolimako Member Posts: 4
    i want pet battles makake with name Banana King ...if u know what im mean
  • SanguinelustSanguinelust Member UncommonPosts: 812
    I got rooked with this one. I should have stayed away but bought into the hype and bought the x-pac and one months time. I should have just wiped my ass with that money instead.
  • AlodaposAlodapos Member UncommonPosts: 4

Originally posted by Ozmodan

First off in all the years of playing Warcraft and Wow, I never ever saw a panda, so it might have been in the lore, just not in the games.  Panda's was all about the chinese preferences and of course the popularity of kung-fu panda.  It was a real stretch if you ask me.

then you didn't play warcraft 3 i suppose...play it again...there is a pandaren called chen stormstout ...and he's brewmaster

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Originally posted by Alodapos

Originally posted by Ozmodan

First off in all the years of playing Warcraft and Wow, I never ever saw a panda, so it might have been in the lore, just not in the games.  Panda's was all about the chinese preferences and of course the popularity of kung-fu panda.  It was a real stretch if you ask me.

then you didn't play warcraft 3 i suppose...play it again...there is a pandaren called chen stormstout ...and he's brewmaster

Well lol,don't you think that is stretching the Panda appearance?That is like saying there was a blue rock somewhere in the water in one of the games,so let's make a blue rock class.

I think by now at least i would hope that most realize what Blizzard was doing,it is no secret anymore.

If you follow Blizzard at all,they are a copy cat developer,they are not very creative on their ow,name one thing they have created on their own,even content?I know i heard talk of a Blizzard exec bantering around the Panda idea MANY years ago,but nobody can tell me their "timing" was not to COPY and jump on the bandwagon of the movie.Blizzard simply saw that hype and looked long and hard for a way to copy it without a lawsuit on copyright.

To further prove this was a movie bandwagon jump,the xpac was brutal for glitches,there is no way with some of those map glitches that you can tell me they tested the game at all.So it was a total RUSH job to get it out there while the movie was still in hype/popularity mode.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.