Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Deeply Flawed

13»

Comments

• OldMMOplayerOldMMOplayer Member Posts: 12
    Originally posted by defector1968
    Originally posted by cptndunsel
    3. National bias.  US tanks are well known for being under powered (in terms of damage they can deal) in the higher tiers and are forced into a support role.  German tanks are pretty aggressively nerfed in several ways.  They catch fire all the time, suffer module damage in pretty much every match, and generally under perform what you would expect.  France brings tanks and tech from the 1960s which completely borks the game for those in WWII tanks.  USSR dominates in top tiers.  Shock - its a Russian company after all.

all games do that (single and MMO), u cant beat the propaganda.

in some historical games the history turn to be the opossite from reality

http://forum.worldoftanks.eu/index.php?/topic/65256-unofficial-eu-server-statistics/

Average win ratio for all tanks of a nation combined:

• UK: 50.45%
    • US: 49.52%
    • RU: 49.19%
    • FR: 49.15%
    • DE: 48.80%
    Check individual tank types to find out that only very bad players are unable to win with US tanks.

• I love the number of people who are complaining about the amount of damage or module damage possible with shots.....

How about we go and play with real life rules where a penetrating shot would normally ricochet around the inside of your tank disabling most of the intarnals and killing the crew instead of taking a little chunk off your 'health bar' and possibly hurting one or two modules, or hurting a single crew member.

I dont think WG should abandon all similarities to real life to please people who are too used to command and conquer style health and damage (where a tank is at optimum capabilities right up to the moment where it explodes).

Also the pay to win thing, its really not that bad, if you dont like it then play lower tier tanks, theres nothing stopping you, and WG have to make money somehow.

But I do agree with the matchmaking issues, they get a bit crappy sometimes, I dont mind when playing a light or medium, both can be useful in the right situation but when you are in a tier 6 heavy and end up with tioer 8/9 heavies you might as well start digging your own grave right now.

Also the magical cloaking tanks drive me up the wall sometimes.

• PermadudePermadude Member Posts: 16
    Originally posted by jammerben87

I love the number of people who are complaining about the amount of damage or module damage possible with shots.....

How about we go and play with real life rules where a penetrating shot would normally ricochet around the inside of your tank disabling most of the intarnals and killing the crew instead of taking a little chunk off your 'health bar' and possibly hurting one or two modules, or hurting a single crew member.

I dont think WG should abandon all similarities to real life to please people who are too used to command and conquer style health and damage (where a tank is at optimum capabilities right up to the moment where it explodes).

Also the pay to win thing, its really not that bad, if you dont like it then play lower tier tanks, theres nothing stopping you, and WG have to make money somehow.

But I do agree with the matchmaking issues, they get a bit crappy sometimes, I dont mind when playing a light or medium, both can be useful in the right situation but when you are in a tier 6 heavy and end up with tioer 8/9 heavies you might as well start digging your own grave right now.

Well, if we were playing with real life rules the german WWII tanks would be killing everything else on the map (except perhaps the T34's) until we bombed their fuel depots.  

I just stick to tier 1 and 2, game is much more fun that way.  

• CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505

OP I have been playing WOT most days now for about 2 months.. im only up to teir 7 so cant really connect on the higher teir games..

1. Light tanks do exactly what they are suppose to do by the way.. they are light and fast, the scout out heavy tanks and also are good for taking out the enemy arty.. The fastest tank in WWII was not even a light tank it was a tank destroyer.. the hellcat and it could do nearly 100kph.. This is also the fastest tank in WOT i believe..

2. Only time I have been tier 5 and have played against 8 and 9s was with a light tank..

3. I dont have any issues playing with any of the nations tanks, i enjoy them all

4. Have not noticed any issues myself..

5. Also not had this.. tho i have got annoyed by tanks hiding in bushes and shooting me lol

6. Never had that many artys in a game.. max has been 4 per side for me.. and even if it does happen so what its not like it happens all the time..

7. Thats really not pay to win.. maybe you could call it pay to make things easier for you LOL at the end of the day they are there to make money so there has to be some reason for you to spend cash on the game.

8. Have no issues with low tier random matches or low tier group matches. Seems to be more than enough players..

9. Change tactics.. cant alpha damage someone then try and be tactical when attacking and know when to move away.

10. Still not pay to win, pay to make things easier for you again... just because your tank is elite does not mean you will win. Plus you can get to elite status by playing for free ti just takes longer. Now that they allow you to buy premium rounds for normal in gam cash the game is not pay 2 win at all.

Yes the game takes a long time to get to tier 10 but im happy with that as i enjoy playing the game and im in no rush..

• MundusMundus Member UncommonPosts: 237
    Tier spread and balance would be less of an issue if the game was more massive (perhaps like Planetside 2).
  • Originally posted by Permadude
    Originally posted by jammerben87

I love the number of people who are complaining about the amount of damage or module damage possible with shots.....

Well, if we were playing with real life rules the german WWII tanks would be killing everything else on the map (except perhaps the T34's) until we bombed their fuel depots.  

I just stick to tier 1 and 2, game is much more fun that way.  

Haha yeh fair point, and I would be playing my tiger (tier 7), panther (tier 7), and tiger 2 (tier 8) against shermans and (tier 5-6), Cromwells (tier 6). Also we would have a game of about 40 allied tanks versus 15 germans probably. And none of those bloody amx things zooming around from the 1960's.

Also, I love tier 2 games, so much fun, andd fast, nothing like the noob charge to make life exciting.

• HarafnirHarafnir Member UncommonPosts: 1,350

This game has some serious issues for the more casual gamer (i.e. those not playing Clan War who spend a lot of time in public matches).

2. Matchmaker is deeply flawed.  7.2 is supposed to address some of the issues but I don't hold my breath.  With a 5 tier spread you can be in a tier 5 tank facing tier 9 or 10 opponents who can 1-shot you.  There is a lack of balance in this game.

7. Pay to Win does exist.  Its all part of the game system.  The game is setup so that higher tier tanks are very expensive to run (ammo, repairs, consumables needed to repain a tank or revive crew in a battle etc).  It is easy enough to lose silver with high tier losses.  To pay the bills you can either grind tier 5 or 6 matches in tanks known to generate decent silver returns OR you can buy a tier 8 premium tank and get all the benefit of a tier 8 without needing to grind to it.  To make this work matchmaker must put you in matches where you can destroy lower tier tanks to earn silver and thus the 'pay to win' complaints within the game.  Its not that a non-premium tier 8 couldn't do the same thing - its the fact someone spent real money ($30-50) for a virtual tier 8 tank in a F2P game to farm silver versus those who can't afford to and who muct grind to tier 8.  Its a "earned" vs "bought" debate.  

8. Due to #7 above the user population has become top heavy with more tier 7-10 tanks in matches than lower tiers.  Matchmaker is not designed to make needed adjustments so your lower tier players (tier 4-6) are often in matches where they have limited usefulness and are easy kills.  In game we talk about them as "cannon fodder" as their main purpose is to die to provide silver to the tier 8 premiums so those players can support their higher tier tank.  This is making tier 4-6 a bit of a dead zone - you want to grind through it ASAP to get to tier 7 where you actually have a chance of contributing to a match.

9. "Stock" tanks treated same as elited tanks in game.  You get the same matchmaker treatment in a Tiger with the starter gun, for example, as you do with the long 88 sniper cannon.  This adds imbalance to the game and frustration.  Grinding all the upgrades needed takes a lot of exp and all the while you are playing an inferior tank in matches.

10. More pay to win - buy gold for real $ and you can convert "free exp" from elited tanks to normal exp for any other tank.  That helps address point #9 - grind is much faster and in fact you can start with a fully elite tank if you use enough free exp - buts its going to cost you real $.

There are many issues not even mentioned in the above but this should give you a picture of the problems. 

Now, on No2: You would have HATED the game in the first year... Groups were 1: Tier 1-2, 2: Tier 3 vs the rest. Now? its heaven compared to before. Matchmaking may have difficulties that needs to be looked at, but when there are fewer players online and tier difference increase (logical really) is not one of the major problems with it.

Bringing me to 9: You want 2 groups for every tier then? ONLY Tier 6, Stock and ONLY Tier 6, elited och so on and so on? Or do you mean 3 groups for each and every tier? ONLY Stock of same tier, ONLY halfequipped same tier and ONLY Elited of same tier? You know... this is not a valid complaint, this is just whining. You can see that, right? You buy a new tier, and have no spare xp, you will have it a bit rougher a few matches... Its part of the GAME! You cant demand that all tanks should be exactly the same at all times, you are talking about a completly different game and this is not it. If you do not like levels and equipment and xp and such... Fine. Do not play games with those things.. at all. A LOT of poeple like differences in equipment, levels, building your tank and such, and I am pretty sure this game is catering to them.

I agree with a lot of what you are saying in the other points... but this? This just makes you seem like a silly little boy.

"This is not a game to be tossed aside lightly.
    It should be thrown with great force"

• erictlewiserictlewis Member UncommonPosts: 3,022

I not played in months, but I can tell you the game was fun on the german side until I got my t2 tiger. At that point the game was worthless. The tiger is about the most worthless tank on the map.

• PermadudePermadude Member Posts: 16
    Originally posted by Harafnir

This game has some serious issues for the more casual gamer (i.e. those not playing Clan War who spend a lot of time in public matches).

2. Matchmaker is deeply flawed.  7.2 is supposed to address some of the issues but I don't hold my breath.  With a 5 tier spread you can be in a tier 5 tank facing tier 9 or 10 opponents who can 1-shot you.  There is a lack of balance in this game.

7. Pay to Win does exist.  Its all part of the game system.  The game is setup so that higher tier tanks are very expensive to run (ammo, repairs, consumables needed to repain a tank or revive crew in a battle etc).  It is easy enough to lose silver with high tier losses.  To pay the bills you can either grind tier 5 or 6 matches in tanks known to generate decent silver returns OR you can buy a tier 8 premium tank and get all the benefit of a tier 8 without needing to grind to it.  To make this work matchmaker must put you in matches where you can destroy lower tier tanks to earn silver and thus the 'pay to win' complaints within the game.  Its not that a non-premium tier 8 couldn't do the same thing - its the fact someone spent real money ($30-50) for a virtual tier 8 tank in a F2P game to farm silver versus those who can't afford to and who muct grind to tier 8.  Its a "earned" vs "bought" debate.  

8. Due to #7 above the user population has become top heavy with more tier 7-10 tanks in matches than lower tiers.  Matchmaker is not designed to make needed adjustments so your lower tier players (tier 4-6) are often in matches where they have limited usefulness and are easy kills.  In game we talk about them as "cannon fodder" as their main purpose is to die to provide silver to the tier 8 premiums so those players can support their higher tier tank.  This is making tier 4-6 a bit of a dead zone - you want to grind through it ASAP to get to tier 7 where you actually have a chance of contributing to a match.

9. "Stock" tanks treated same as elited tanks in game.  You get the same matchmaker treatment in a Tiger with the starter gun, for example, as you do with the long 88 sniper cannon.  This adds imbalance to the game and frustration.  Grinding all the upgrades needed takes a lot of exp and all the while you are playing an inferior tank in matches.

10. More pay to win - buy gold for real $ and you can convert "free exp" from elited tanks to normal exp for any other tank.  That helps address point #9 - grind is much faster and in fact you can start with a fully elite tank if you use enough free exp - buts its going to cost you real $.

There are many issues not even mentioned in the above but this should give you a picture of the problems. 

Now, on No2: You would have HATED the game in the first year... Groups were 1: Tier 1-2, 2: Tier 3 vs the rest. Now? its heaven compared to before. Matchmaking may have difficulties that needs to be looked at, but when there are fewer players online and tier difference increase (logical really) is not one of the major problems with it.

Bringing me to 9: You want 2 groups for every tier then? ONLY Tier 6, Stock and ONLY Tier 6, elited och so on and so on? Or do you mean 3 groups for each and every tier? ONLY Stock of same tier, ONLY halfequipped same tier and ONLY Elited of same tier? You know... this is not a valid complaint, this is just whining. You can see that, right? You buy a new tier, and have no spare xp, you will have it a bit rougher a few matches... Its part of the GAME! You cant demand that all tanks should be exactly the same at all times, you are talking about a completly different game and this is not it. If you do not like levels and equipment and xp and such... Fine. Do not play games with those things.. at all. A LOT of poeple like differences in equipment, levels, building your tank and such, and I am pretty sure this game is catering to them.

I agree with a lot of what you are saying in the other points... but this? This just makes you seem like a silly little boy.

A silly little boy?  What is this Life of Brian? 

• kotokotkotokot Member Posts: 2
    Originally posted by erictlewis

I not played in months, but I can tell you the game was fun on the german side until I got my t2 tiger. At that point the game was worthless. The tiger is about the most worthless tank on the map.

This just means that you have no idea how to play it.