Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

Any browser games like Ogame, but better?

IsasisIsasis San Diego, CAPosts: 416Member

Anyone know of any browser games like Ogame, but better? Maybe not so payment based. I hate cash shops that have items that only last a limited amount of time...its kinda fail. Illyriad does it too, but at least their cash shop isn't overpowered and more of a donation, than paying to win. Plus, you can earn in-game currency once a day, to go toward paying for cash shop items.

Ogame is nice, and I do like it. But anything better out there, thats like Ogame?

My youtube channel:

MMORPG.com is like 4chan, but for gamers.

WoW already does WoW good.

PvPers that gank newbies, are carebears. They don't want a challenge (like a carebear), they just want easy mode (like a carebear) and a no challenge combat (like a carebear).

Comments

• KazuhiroKazuhiro Hampshire, AZPosts: 512Member Uncommon

There are, I used to play a game called Astro Empires some time ago. It's very much the same idea, but with no pay2win. Though you eventually have to pay a monthly fee to keep competitive. Sadly the game is crap unless you get in on a new server on day 1. Starting so much as 1 day late will make you target practice for others.

To find an intelligent person in a PUG is not that rare, but to find a PUG made up of "all" intelligent people is one of the rarest phenomenons in the known universe.

• IsasisIsasis San Diego, CAPosts: 416Member

Originally posted by Kazuhiro

There are, I used to play a game called Astro Empires some time ago. It's very much the same idea, but with no pay2win. Though you eventually have to pay a monthly fee to keep competitive. Sadly the game is crap unless you get in on a new server on day 1. Starting so much as 1 day late will make you target practice for others.

yeah, kind of same problem with Ogame. Though I started on a server that isn't very populated or active...so I don't get pwned right off the bat.

That was the other problem I had with Ogame. But not so much now...

Maybe its just a problem with the type of genre they are...I did try Astro...and while it was pretty nice for not being pay to win...it was play to be pwned :P I even joined an alliance and still get pwned lol...

A lot of browser strategy games seem to have that problem. Actually, a bigger problem than just pay to win...or at least just of a big of a one. Though joining an alliance usually helps (not always)...or getting lucky in a starting location or choosing a lesser populated server or both.

My youtube channel:

MMORPG.com is like 4chan, but for gamers.

WoW already does WoW good.

PvPers that gank newbies, are carebears. They don't want a challenge (like a carebear), they just want easy mode (like a carebear) and a no challenge combat (like a carebear).

• wilhelmblomwilhelmblom TomelillaPosts: 30Member

runescape

battlefield play 4 free

Graphics:Gtx 560
    memory:8gb
    processor: intel core i5 3,3ghz
    Hdd: 1tb

• KazuhiroKazuhiro Hampshire, AZPosts: 512Member Uncommon

Originally posted by wilhelmblom

runescape

battlefield play 4 free

Edit: Nevermind, mixed up the games, I was thinking Battlefield Heros which is the P2W game.

To find an intelligent person in a PUG is not that rare, but to find a PUG made up of "all" intelligent people is one of the rarest phenomenons in the known universe.

• Sargeras77Sargeras77 Longview, WAPosts: 47Member Uncommon

ikariam is great, and command and conquer alliances is alright

• jazz.bejazz.be Sint-NiklaasPosts: 820Member Uncommon

Bumping this one for me.

I'm looking for a good browsergame like Ogame. Build and some warfare or trading stuff.

And ideally, a game that also has an app for android.

• worldalphaworldalpha Milton, ONPosts: 403Member
    WorldAlpha will have some of these elements.  It is more social based, so you will have to join up with others to create cities and nations.  It will have an indepth economy, engaging politics, and a intense military module.  Should be in closed beta by November.  See link in sig.

Thanks,
    Mike
    Working on Social Strategy MMORTS (now Launched!) http://www.worldalpha.com

• jazz.bejazz.be Sint-NiklaasPosts: 820Member Uncommon

Thanks, not sure if it's what I'm looking for since I can't test it out.

But I signed up for BETA so I'll see more soon.

More?

Just wondering if you had a chance to join one of our 3 closed betas.  What did you think?  We have another one coming up Jan. 24 to 27

Thanks,
    Mike

• starpiresstarpires Bothell, WAPosts: 2Member

A good space themed, strategy MMO to check out would be Starpires (http://starpires.com)  While the setup is different that oGame, we get a lot of oGame players that really enjoy the depth of strategy and PvP aspects of the game.

Originally posted by jazz.be

Thanks, not sure if it's what I'm looking for since I can't test it out.

But I signed up for BETA so I'll see more soon.

More?

If you haven't been able to catch one of our Closed Betas, you can now check it out in Open Beta.  Let us know what you think.

Thanks,
    Mike