Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Infractions, Removed Postings on GW2 Forums

GoromhirGoromhir Member UncommonPosts: 463

I received 3 infractions in row just for saying that the time invested for "legendaries" is lost lifetime and not worth it because after one expansion they are worthless.

i received an infraction for telling a player that claimed to have 1600 hours played to leave the house and meet with friends and have some fun in real life.

i received another infraction for saying that the Developers promise alot on the class forums but weeks later still nothing has changed.

I really feel extreme dislike  for ANet and their Mods, they destroyed Guild Wars 2 for me.

The guild wars 2 forums became a exclusive place for Fanbois only.

Every single critical posting receives Infractions gets removed etc etc.

The ANet Forum Moderators behaves like communists in china.

Everything they dont like gets deleted, the poster gets a warning or ban 

even relaxed friendly postings that doesnt meet the taste of the Mods get deleted.

I know why

Thats because many people left Guild Wars 2 and the servers are almost empty even tough they show red "FULL" at the server list. WvW is dead on the most servers, only 3 dominating severs are left and win the matches all time..

i next have to get rid of my GW2 account because i have no one in my family that wants to play it

Comments

• VolkonVolkon Member UncommonPosts: 3,748
    Originally posted by Goromhir

I received 3 infractions in row just for saying that the time invested for "legendaries" is lost lifetime and not worth it because after one expansion they are worthless.

i received an infraction for telling a player that claimed to have 1600 hours played to leave the house and meet with friends and have some fun in real life.

i received another infraction for saying that the Developers promise alot on the class forums but weeks later still nothing has changed.

I really feel extreme dislike  for ANet and their Mods, they destroyed Guild Wars 2 for me.

even relaxed friendly postings that doesnt meet the taste of the Mods get deleted.

I know why

Thats because many people left Guild Wars 2 and the servers are almost empty even tough they show red "FULL" at the server list. WvW is dead on the most servers, only 3 dominating severs are left and win the matches all time..

i next have to get rid of my GW2 account because i have no one in my family that wants to play it

So basically, you lied, insulted a player for their playing habits then insulted the devs, and you're upset because they don't accept that type of behavior. 

Well... good luck with your next game, hope you have a blast with it.

Oderint, dum metuant.

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,003

And you don't see the reason for them giving you the infractions?

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • PermadudePermadude Member Posts: 16
    I am not a fan of GW2, but frankly I can't really blame them for deleteing these posts.  
  • Marcus-Marcus- Member UncommonPosts: 1,010

I'm glad that it at least seems like and more forums are taking a stand against so called "forum PvP", and trying to turn these things back in to discussion forums.

I don't think that these things were created to trash games endlessley, and then trash the playerbase shortly thereafter. Though it seems some would disagree, and then they seem to think their "rights" have been violated when they can't or are reprimanded. I'm not stating this specifically about the OP, but just generally looking at game forums these days.

• AlberelAlberel Member Posts: 1,121

OP from my experience with the GW2 forums the mods generally infract users based not on the subject of a post but on the tone and civility. Whilst the first and third posts are reasonable (they're true and valid points) I'm going to assume you didn't post them in a manner that would foster a discussion on the matter...

The second post was just a blatant insult to a player though and deserved the infraction regardless.

• botrytisbotrytis Member RarePosts: 3,363

I know why

I know why, but you won't understand because you are selfish person and has an 'all about ME' attitude. You infracted 3 rules and you expected them to just sit and listen to you? hmm - what planet do you live on? A.Net said they would be strict and they are - get over yourself and stop going to others forum to whine about it. It makes you look worse.

• RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157

GW2 Moderators are likely not even all GM's or anything.

Also based on the OP here I think it is really stupid to be getting infractions or banned personally I would have some fun with their forums if they did this to me winks.

I already gave up on GW 2 as a game honestly I tried the game and after I hit level 80 do what next.

1. World VS World is Unbalanced and based off gear and farmed stats, if I wanted to do WvW from Level 1 max out my toon in a day to compete I couldn't do it.

The only thing I can do fairly is 5vs5 arena matches or whatever it was.

2. The Developers or Artists who made the Leather/Medium Armors need to be FIRED, they need to be reskined to look halfway decent IMO of course they all look the same, and Norn Armors besides heavy armor looks like CRAP in my opinion.

The only good developer of armors was the ones that made Norn Heavy armor, and Human armors looked pretty sweet compared to norn.

The Lack of Customization pretty much killed the game for me from this aspect.

3. Hit level 80 and then what  after I hit Level 80 there is no point in really doing anything anymore other than Farm Dungeon LF5 members for X Dungeon here.

I am looking for a new age MMO something where I can SOLO like skyrim, or play as a group with increased reward drops and harder play Guild Wars 2 was an ultimate failure and a waste of a MMO for 2012 as in my eyes they brought nothing new to the series they made a large number of mistakes I can complain about all day and point out.

I remember when they said something like DYNAMIC Events Ever Changing World in some of the videos before launch this was an absolute LIE, as I am playing the game I can feel like they are all sripted events it doesnt feel real or dynamic to me.

• GoromhirGoromhir Member UncommonPosts: 463
    Originally posted by Renoaku

GW2 Moderators are likely not even all GM's or anything.

Also based on the OP here I think it is really stupid to be getting infractions or banned personally I would have some fun with their forums if they did this to me winks.

I already gave up on GW 2 as a game honestly I tried the game and after I hit level 80 do what next.

1. World VS World is Unbalanced and based off gear and farmed stats, if I wanted to do WvW from Level 1 max out my toon in a day to compete I couldn't do it.

The only thing I can do fairly is 5vs5 arena matches or whatever it was.

2. The Developers or Artists who made the Leather/Medium Armors need to be FIRED, they need to be reskined to look halfway decent IMO of course they all look the same, and Norn Armors besides heavy armor looks like CRAP in my opinion.

The only good developer of armors was the ones that made Norn Heavy armor, and Human armors looked pretty sweet compared to norn.

The Lack of Customization pretty much killed the game for me from this aspect.

3. Hit level 80 and then what  after I hit Level 80 there is no point in really doing anything anymore other than Farm Dungeon LF5 members for X Dungeon here.

I am looking for a new age MMO something where I can SOLO like skyrim, or play as a group with increased reward drops and harder play Guild Wars 2 was an ultimate failure and a waste of a MMO for 2012 as in my eyes they brought nothing new to the series they made a large number of mistakes I can complain about all day and point out.

I remember when they said something like DYNAMIC Events Ever Changing World in some of the videos before launch this was an absolute LIE, as I am playing the game I can feel like they are all sripted events it doesnt feel real or dynamic to me.

not many people like you left on this planet :) i fully agree with you

you know i cant even sell this damn GW2 account because its not possible to change the Account Email adress and a possible buyer would need my Email for his changes etc etc..

After the close of City Of heroes , GW2 was the last game i ever bought of this NCSoft company. 

Guild Wars 2 = Buy and get lost if you dont like it  

subscription based customers got more power over the companies but this Buy to Play system turns the customers into beeings that have nothing to say.....

I never thought i would dislike a game and a company so much again after SOE...

• AmanaAmana Moderator UncommonPosts: 3,912

There are already threads discussion GW2 official forum moderation. Making a new one every time there's moderation over there you don't agree with only floods it over here.

So, instead of a new thread, please seek the open thread or two that are talking about gW2 moderation. Like this: http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/373655/Official-forums-are-an-utter-nonsense.html

To give feedback on moderation, contact [email protected]

This discussion has been closed.