Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

FarCry 3 as good as Skyrim ?

delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 7,081

I played Skyrim and loved it.  So I'm thinking of FarCry 3 BUT in watching many Youtubes on, it  got me thinking after first getting excited.  Unlike Skyrim it looks repetative.

Skyrim you could join the majic collage and other guilds that change the game a lot, redo your toon compleatly, or go into a deep dark dungeon for a few hours.  Where in Farcry 3, seems like you hop in a car drive to a camp and shoot it all up over and over. Sure you have small variations such as swim out and knife a shark, but to me its a version of the same thing.

Am I missing something ?

Comments

• ScalplessScalpless Member UncommonPosts: 1,426

FC3 is a shooter. Skyrim is a RPG.

Generally, FC3's quests are simple kill quests. Nothing fancy.

• delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 7,081
    Originally posted by Scalpless

FC3 is a shooter. Skyrim is a RPG.

Generally, FC3's quests are simple kill quests. Nothing fancy.

As simple as it is your right

• SybnalSybnal Member Posts: 261

Far Cry 3 isn't as deep as Skyrim, RPG wise. But I enjoyed it just as much. 

When I first started playing it I said to myself "Awww, shit. This is Far Cry 2 all over again."  But it's sooo not.

The side stuff like the bases, towers and quests are all kind of the same.  But as I was running around and doing them I noticed something.  Even though what I was on my way to do wasn't technically fun (like finding a relic or someshit) I kept on having the BEST time getting there.  I stayed on foot a lot and the random shit that happens to you on the way from point A to point B is what makes the game.   The story missions were alot of fun too. Great characters, amazing scenery, and a flamethrower. What's not to like?

I actually got sick of Skyrim before the end, but I did finish FC3.  Whatever that is worth.

• PermadudePermadude Member Posts: 16

Far Cry 3 is fun for what it is; a pretty standard shooter.  

Unfortunately I am biased as two Bethesda games (Fallout 3 and Skyrim) occupy the top two spots on my favourite games of all time.  

• MystaisMystais Member Posts: 72
    Far Cry 3 is a great game and very sandboxy but really no comparison to Skyrim when it comes to features.  Far Cry 3 has no character creation, companions, or housing to name a few and is not modable.  But other than that, great game.

Tabletop RPG gaming since Chainmail and D&D was a blue book with some cheap plastic dice and a crayon. MMORPGing since MOOS/MUDS, when forums were just bulletin boards and players actually roleplayed their characters.

• GorillaGorilla Member UncommonPosts: 2,235
    Is there any sort of character  development or is it just more guns? I rather liked borderlands, noticeable gun upgrades and a modest skill tree. Regardless, it sounds like a one to try at some time.
  • SybnalSybnal Member Posts: 261
    Yes it does have 3 skill trees and even some crafting.  Very simple watered down stuff though.  It's no Skyrim in that respect.  The Co-op seemed to  have a pretty robust level/unlocks and skills system though.
  • RedcorRedcor Member Posts: 426

Its a fun game but I think I have mabye 24 hours into it and did everything there is to do.

I have over 600 in Skyrim in different playthoughs and mod adventures.

They are different games but if they fought Syyrim would win for sure.

Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can
    be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
    -Robert E. Howard

• Zeus.CMZeus.CM Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,788
    Both great games, but Skyrim is much better imo. It all depends what genre you prefer.