Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Interview] Granado Espada Online: Redbana's New (Old) Flagship Title

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Fans of Sword 2 will be happy to find out that a new publisher, Redbana, has taken over and is rebranding the game "Granado Espada". We caught up with Hakkyu Kim, Chief Producer of Granado Espada, and Jun Hyun Kim, CEO of Redbana to talk about the game and what a new publisher will bring to the series. Check it out!

MMORPG: First, start by telling us why the publishing change? Why now, what are the goals you have for the game under Redbana’s tutelage? 

Jun Hyun Kim: Basically the license for the publishing rights expired from another 3rd party publisher at the end of December 2012. We felt this was a good time to acquire the rights and use Granado Espada as our flagship title. The game actually has a strong following so there will be plenty of players when they migrate their accounts over from Sword 2.

Read more of Bill Murphy's and Garrett Fuller's Granado Espada: Redbana's New (Old) Flagship Title.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• Segun777Segun777 Jade Dynasty CorrespondentMember Posts: 97
    This game is one of the better tactical MMOs' alonside Atlantica Online, but is anyone paying attention to the smaller niche F2P titels anymore? Another side effect of more AAA F2P titles...
  • alkarionlogalkarionlog Member EpicPosts: 3,584
    main problem here is more the full afk lvling, I even forget this game even existed, too bad I don't have time to check it again
    FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.
  • SeksiboiSeksiboi Member Posts: 1
    The game is actually pretty good but its practically impossible to "catch up" nowadays w/o paying due to the afk leveling system.
  • angus858angus858 Member UncommonPosts: 381

I had to laugh about their dedication to an art style described as both "17th century" and "medieval european".  Some of it was was great and some was completely immersion breaking.  I quit just as they were adding bikinis and beach parties to the game.  I'm afraid to ask what sort of silly stuff is available now.

I must admit however that the gameplay in GE is completely different from other mmorpgs and that alone makes it worth a few hours of play if you have not tried it.

• Calintz333Calintz333 Member UncommonPosts: 1,193
    Sadly this game is the definition of a korean grind fest. I played it for about a year and a half back in 2008-2009 but really there was never really anything interesting, unique, or special about the game that was not already done better in other mmos. With the exception of the some what victorian style it was really just something to have running on the background while your characters leveled and you played a more interesting mmo with actual content. That was back in 2008, now days with games like Guild wars 2 and Rift I see absolutely no reason to even bother trying this game again. The gameplay felt antiquated in 2008 and it would feel antiquated today. 
  • NovusodNovusod Member UncommonPosts: 912

Granado Espada is NOT a bad game. It offered some unique game play that could not be found anywhere else such as controlling three characters at once. It also has sandbox PvP with the long term controlling territories. Collony War gave guilds the ability to take control of areas of the map for entire week. PvP actually had meaning in this game. If your guild lost collony war your guild would not have the buffs to compete over the PvE side of the game and thus it would stagnate your growth. This is kind of the holy grail of what a PvP game should be about. Who you were and what clan you were in and how they handled themselves in PvP absolutely mattered.

The problem has always been the companies that have run the game don't maintain it very well or seem to care about the players. K2 networks was not too bad when they ran the game in 2008 but when G1 took over things went pretty bad. There were few updates and a lot of downtime with the game being offline for over three weeks at one point. Worst of all was probably the corruption between the forum moderators and the top clans. Now that T3Fun has the game there doesn't really seem to be that much promise of improvement. The Opening re-release was very badly executed.

• OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726
    Originally posted by Segun777
    This game is one of the better tactical MMOs' alonside Atlantica Online, but is anyone paying attention to the smaller niche F2P titels anymore? Another side effect of more AAA F2P titles...

More like one of the most boring grindiest games on the market.  Of course you can just put it  autoplay in some of the dungeons.  Not bad for the first 30 levels or so, but after that there is just no point to it.  You are also channeled everywhere even in the outside areas.  Nice concept, but terrible execution is what I would label this game.

• rommellorommello Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 185
    does any1 know whether or not they will make new servers where old accounts cannot transfer to?

hallo ~_~

• Yuk0raYuk0ra Member UncommonPosts: 35
    The game is pure PAY to win, I doubt this will change even when the game changes hands.
  • rommellorommello Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 185
    its still pay to win & pay to have any fun. game had potential wen it first released long ago under K2...but was continuously ruined by bullshit pay to win from all the publishers after including the new one.

hallo ~_~