Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Banned for a week calling XOOM out

RigamortisRigamortis Nextdoor, CAPosts: 205Member Uncommon

So this evening I posted a thread asking what formal education / training XOOM had to appoint himself CFO of CRS.  I also posted a SS of XOOM calling F2P players "Baggage" when they are still trying to decide if they should convert to Premium Subs or not and I get the ban stick for 7 days on the forums.  XOOM is not only rude but very arrogant and they appointing somebody that has a different money making scheme every other day to say comments like the ones below only HURTS the game and continues to make it the laughing stock of the MMO community.

 

«1

Comments

  • YaevinduskYaevindusk Ul''dah, CAPosts: 1,735Member Uncommon

     

    Without knowing his side of the story, this is pretty disgusting.  Why make a game "F2P" if you're going to just insult potential customers?  As anyone in a position of power with a online game should tell you, those who are in your game are assets as they improve the value of the game.  People stick around, and as a result spend more money.  It's much like a popular gathering place for social interactions:  Who will want to go if you're the only one around?

  • RigamortisRigamortis Nextdoor, CAPosts: 205Member Uncommon

    Here is the entire "story" so you know where I got the SS from

     

    http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/34/view/forums/post/5498120

  • battleubattleu SPOKANE, WAPosts: 18Member

    I want to reply again, just because this thread pissed me off.

     

    CRS and WWIIOnline do NOT have a cash shop option. This means, if you are a free player, you don't contribute unless you sub to the game. 

  • YaevinduskYaevindusk Ul''dah, CAPosts: 1,735Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by battleu
    I want to reply again, just because this thread pissed me off.   CRS and WWIIOnline do NOT have a cash shop option. This means, if you are a free player, you don't contribute unless you sub to the game. 

     

    That's a good thing to know and certainly makes things a bit dicey.  Though ultimately those who do have subscriptions may have friends who don't, and thus them play keeps them staying; this may also be true with those who have them convincing said friends to be subscribers.

    Aside from that, I think many on this site take complaints with a grain of salt since they're usually one sided.

  • GooneyGooney StockholmPosts: 194Member

    Nobody forced them to go F2P.  They went F2P because you cant have a virtual war without combatants and their game isnt compelling enough by a long shot to have a healthy enough subscription based community on its own.

    That said, its nothing short of insane to implement a F2P model then bad mouth the customers (paying or not) you get from that.  To do so is just bad business.

    After all an F2P customer is a helluva lot closer to being a paying customer than someone who has never played is.  To put it another way, an F2P customer is on the hook, all you have to do is figure out how to create enough value for them to encourage a conversion from F2P to P.

    -Gooney

  • IchmenIchmen Winnipeg, MBPosts: 1,228Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by battleu
    I want to reply again, just because this thread pissed me off.   CRS and WWIIOnline do NOT have a cash shop option. This means, if you are a free player, you don't contribute unless you sub to the game. 

    umm going by the posted screen shot blaming game server lag and poor gameplay enjoyment on free players as well as this very post that is by most accounts calling free players useless to the game.

    pretty much makes me as a gamer facepalm this game's company practice and its active overly vocal community. 

    if they feel so strongly against freedium players there is one simple way to fix it.. go back to pure p2p which this game has run since launch. (mind you at that point they may as well shut the game down as there will be no "new blood" drawn to the game then)

     

    frankly from what i have seen posted from both sides on this game.  id rather play CS1.6/dod3.1 or even PS2 then this game. as the other titles do not insult their "new" players by calling them baggage or blaming them for piss poor server networking. 

    CPU: Intel Core i7 CPU 860 2.8GHz
    Evga GeForce 670 FTW
    Evga P55 SLI

    <image

  • tawesstawess LkpgPosts: 3,477Member Rare

    Still it is usually smart to not "call out" people in charge.. Try that with your boss at work and you will see that at best you will have a very difficult time at work and at the worst you will be sacked.

     

    So you got a week woth of vacation... Big deal.

    Tawess soapbox

    This have been a good conversation

  • battleubattleu SPOKANE, WAPosts: 18Member
    Originally posted by Ichmen
    Originally posted by battleu
    I want to reply again, just because this thread pissed me off.   CRS and WWIIOnline do NOT have a cash shop option. This means, if you are a free player, you don't contribute unless you sub to the game. 

    umm going by the posted screen shot blaming game server lag and poor gameplay enjoyment on free players as well as this very post that is by most accounts calling free players useless to the game.

    pretty much makes me as a gamer facepalm this game's company practice and its active overly vocal community. 

    if they feel so strongly against freedium players there is one simple way to fix it.. go back to pure p2p which this game has run since launch. (mind you at that point they may as well shut the game down as there will be no "new blood" drawn to the game then)

     

    frankly from what i have seen posted from both sides on this game.  id rather play CS1.6/dod3.1 or even PS2 then this game. as the other titles do not insult their "new" players by calling them baggage or blaming them for piss poor server networking. 

    Sure, this employee put his foot in his mouth. Who doesn't once in a while? The point I am trying to make is that going with the F2P model was almost 100% influenced by this employee. There must remain some perspective when someone makes a thread like this.

  • battleubattleu SPOKANE, WAPosts: 18Member

    Tilo, I'm not saying what XOOM posted was good or worded in a way that sound positive. What I am saying is that you'd be crazy to take it so far out of context. He is the drivng factor behind F2P. The guy went from a community member to a company executive for a reason. He has driven more subs to the game than any banner ad or blog will ever drive.

     

    Remember the big picture. Take your ban away from the motivation behind your post and think big picture.

  • IchmenIchmen Winnipeg, MBPosts: 1,228Member Uncommon

    foot in mouth is a horrible thing to happen to game companies.  but to be honest when there is enough black spots against agame that is by most accounts past its prime its typically really bad idea to call out any one/group/player type and insult them to any extent as staff be it a vol/paid forum mod or the CEO of the company. 

    fact remains if they feel free players are a drain on the game then turn off free to play :/ but to be frank. if the free players are breaking the servers isnt that a good thing?? O-o given the lower population this game has now days with or without free players. reminds me of RO1 where 30 servers are all empty with just bots ...

    CPU: Intel Core i7 CPU 860 2.8GHz
    Evga GeForce 670 FTW
    Evga P55 SLI

    <image

  • RigamortisRigamortis Nextdoor, CAPosts: 205Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by battleu
    Originally posted by Rigamortis
    Originally posted by battleu
    BAR here.  Let me first say that I have always been a critic of the game and the company. However, let me make one thing really clear, XOOM has done nothing but work to bring people into this game and this community. You are posting this because you are a man-child. This is not the first action that you've done similar to this. For the MMORPG community at large, this player is posting here because he is banned for being a world renound douche bag. 

    Speaking of world renowned douche bags,  BAR is the poster child for the title.  Fact remains what was said was said by a "representative" of a company about to go belly up when they NEED subs.  Bar is just mad if the game goes under,  he will not have anywhere to brag about how good of teh player he is seeing he posts every other day links how UBER he is in a video game.  So BAR,  calling possible premium subs "Freeloaders and baggage" is the way to bring "people into the game"???  You must of went to the same business school as XOOM.

    Let me reply to this. Let's take the personal aspect away from this conversation, yes, I know I started it. You've been a long time supporter of the game and popular player in the community. Why make a post like this? You KNOW we are advertising here in a week and you KNOW you don't want the game to die.

    You also should KNOW that XOOM is the sole reason there is still a game for us to play.

    Do you KNOW that Tilo? 

     

    Because I was removed from AHC by the worst CinC NY75 to grace the Allied in the past 5 years.  Day 1 player of 11 years,  7 true and loyal years in AHC giving 150% 24/7 and I get removed from AHC calling a player a "N00b" for refusing to help me cap an AB.  The CinC's word is final,  no appeal....NOTHING.  Judge,  jury and executioner.  Giving that much power to a PAYING CUSTOMER over another PAYING CUSTOMER is a recipe for complete failure.  WHERE is the loyalty and good faith shown to me after all the sacrafice I have given to the game and CRS?

    It became personal when they went there...NOT ME.  As for XOOM,  I appealed to him to lift the ban and reverse NY75's decision and you know what I was told???  IM SOL.  Why should I give a shit about a game that discards one of its longest serving and most loyal players by letting the allied CinC that has more personalities then Dr. Jekyl and Mr. Hyde have soo much absolute power over other paying customers he can removed them from the game?

     

  • battleubattleu SPOKANE, WAPosts: 18Member
    Originally posted by Ichmen
    foot in mouth is a horrible thing to happen to game companies.  but to be honest when there is enough black spots against agame that is by most accounts past its prime its typically really bad idea to call out any one/group/player type and insult them to any extent as staff be it a vol/paid forum mod or the CEO of the company.  fact remains if they feel free players are a drain on the game then turn off free to play :/ but to be frank. if the free players are breaking the servers isnt that a good thing?? O-o given the lower population this game has now days with or without free players. reminds me of RO1 where 30 servers are all empty with just bots ...

    server had 500 or so on this weekend. sure, in perspective, that's nothing, but it's huge for a game that was created in 2001. 

    to put things in perspective, this game has outlast city of heroes, ro1, and millions of other titles that have been releasted since the launch date. 

     

  • battleubattleu SPOKANE, WAPosts: 18Member
    Originally posted by Rigamortis
    Originally posted by battleu
    Originally posted by Rigamortis
    Originally posted by battleu
    BAR here.  Let me first say that I have always been a critic of the game and the company. However, let me make one thing really clear, XOOM has done nothing but work to bring people into this game and this community. You are posting this because you are a man-child. This is not the first action that you've done similar to this. For the MMORPG community at large, this player is posting here because he is banned for being a world renound douche bag. 

    Speaking of world renowned douche bags,  BAR is the poster child for the title.  Fact remains what was said was said by a "representative" of a company about to go belly up when they NEED subs.  Bar is just mad if the game goes under,  he will not have anywhere to brag about how good of teh player he is seeing he posts every other day links how UBER he is in a video game.  So BAR,  calling possible premium subs "Freeloaders and baggage" is the way to bring "people into the game"???  You must of went to the same business school as XOOM.

    Let me reply to this. Let's take the personal aspect away from this conversation, yes, I know I started it. You've been a long time supporter of the game and popular player in the community. Why make a post like this? You KNOW we are advertising here in a week and you KNOW you don't want the game to die.

    You also should KNOW that XOOM is the sole reason there is still a game for us to play.

    Do you KNOW that Tilo? 

     

    Because I was removed from AHC by the worst CinC NY75 to grace the Allied in the past 5 years.  Day 1 player of 11 years,  7 true and loyal years in AHC giving 150% 24/7 and I get removed from AHC calling a player a "N00b" for refusing to help me cap an AB.  The CinC's word is final,  no appeal....NOTHING.  Judge,  jury and executioner.  Giving that much power to a PAYING CUSTOMER over another PAYING CUSTOMER is a recipe for complete failure.  WHERE is the loyalty and good faith shown to me after all the sacrafice I have given to the game and CRS?

    It became personal when they went there...NOT ME.  As for XOOM,  I appealed to him to lift the ban and reverse NY75's decision and you know what I was told???  IM SOL.  Why should I give a shit about a game that discards one of its longest serving and most loyal players by letting the allied CinC that has more personalities then Dr. Jekyl and Mr. Hyde have soo much absolute power over other paying customers he can removed them from the game?

     

    I think this is what makes the game so amazing. Have you ever read the stories of the EVE Corporate banks being raided by players to the equivalent of 100s of thousands of dollars? Well, it happened and the company did not step in. It's what the economy in that game was created to do. Work as a self sustaining player driven environment. You were removed from the HC, and want CRS to fix that?

     

    That defeats the purpose of the entire system. 

     

    I am sorry you were removed. I know you care about AHC and the allied side. I, however, don't think that blaming XOOM and making a post like this is the best way to handle it..

  • RigamortisRigamortis Nextdoor, CAPosts: 205Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by tawess
    Still it is usually smart to not "call out" people in charge.. Try that with your boss at work and you will see that at best you will have a very difficult time at work and at the worst you will be sacked.   So you got a week woth of vacation... Big deal.

    I can use the same argument as you.....I guarantee you if the CFO of the companies I have worked for in the past called out their potential customers for being "baggage and freeloaders" they would be in the unemployment line.  Unfortunately this type of behavior is expected and the "norm" in the community and if you speak up about it and voice a different point of view,  you are removed.  The week's vacation from the play skool forums does not bother me,  the hypocracy does.

  • RigamortisRigamortis Nextdoor, CAPosts: 205Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by battleu
    Originally posted by Rigamortis
    Originally posted by battleu
    Originally posted by Rigamortis
    Originally posted by battleu
    BAR here.  Let me first say that I have always been a critic of the game and the company. However, let me make one thing really clear, XOOM has done nothing but work to bring people into this game and this community. You are posting this because you are a man-child. This is not the first action that you've done similar to this. For the MMORPG community at large, this player is posting here because he is banned for being a world renound douche bag. 

    Speaking of world renowned douche bags,  BAR is the poster child for the title.  Fact remains what was said was said by a "representative" of a company about to go belly up when they NEED subs.  Bar is just mad if the game goes under,  he will not have anywhere to brag about how good of teh player he is seeing he posts every other day links how UBER he is in a video game.  So BAR,  calling possible premium subs "Freeloaders and baggage" is the way to bring "people into the game"???  You must of went to the same business school as XOOM.

    Let me reply to this. Let's take the personal aspect away from this conversation, yes, I know I started it. You've been a long time supporter of the game and popular player in the community. Why make a post like this? You KNOW we are advertising here in a week and you KNOW you don't want the game to die.

    You also should KNOW that XOOM is the sole reason there is still a game for us to play.

    Do you KNOW that Tilo? 

     

    Because I was removed from AHC by the worst CinC NY75 to grace the Allied in the past 5 years.  Day 1 player of 11 years,  7 true and loyal years in AHC giving 150% 24/7 and I get removed from AHC calling a player a "N00b" for refusing to help me cap an AB.  The CinC's word is final,  no appeal....NOTHING.  Judge,  jury and executioner.  Giving that much power to a PAYING CUSTOMER over another PAYING CUSTOMER is a recipe for complete failure.  WHERE is the loyalty and good faith shown to me after all the sacrafice I have given to the game and CRS?

    It became personal when they went there...NOT ME.  As for XOOM,  I appealed to him to lift the ban and reverse NY75's decision and you know what I was told???  IM SOL.  Why should I give a shit about a game that discards one of its longest serving and most loyal players by letting the allied CinC that has more personalities then Dr. Jekyl and Mr. Hyde have soo much absolute power over other paying customers he can removed them from the game?

     

    I think this is what makes the game so amazing. Have you ever read the stories of the EVE Corporate banks being raided by players to the equivalent of 100s of thousands of dollars? Well, it happened and the company did not step in. It's what the economy in that game was created to do. Work as a self sustaining player driven environment. You were removed from the HC, and want CRS to fix that?

     

    That defeats the purpose of the entire system. 

     

    I am sorry you were removed. I know you care about AHC and the allied side. I, however, don't think that blaming XOOM and making a post like this is the best way to handle it..

    Want to know what XOOM told me when I pleaded with him to help me get NY75's decision reversed was?  "I should log out and reflect" on the situation.  We clearly have a bad apple in the AHC ranks,  proof by several FORMER AHC members playing AXIS or simply quitting and I plead for help and basically get told "tough shit".  There is nothing wrong with a PLAYER RAN organization in a game as long as the core of it is not corrupt.

  • XOOM-CRSXOOM-CRS Portland, ORPosts: 42Member Uncommon

    Gamers,

    My word selection and general structure of the posts during that exchange were poorly written (especially in the given context), and the message could've been conveyed more diplomatically. In times of difficulty, things are said, right or wrong, justified or not.

    My community will back me up in knowing that I was one of the strongest proponents at RAT HQ to incorporate Free to Play to our game, and eventually assisted in its implementation.

    I want to articulate here that I am a strong supporter of the Free to Play model that we have, and DO firmly recognize / appreciate the World War II Online - Free Players, understanding their contribution to populating the battlefield and easing in-to WWII Online's subscription offers at a pace of their choosing.

    We will continue to offer Free to Play for any prospective user who chooses to join our unique game, and we will consistently review how we can make it better for them as we have done so recently with introducing the "Airborne Rifleman" to their unit selection.

    I'd like to take this moment and apologize to my team and fan base for creating a perception error by utilizing mis-calculated words, that have since been mis-constrewed as an assault on a game we continue to be passionate about, and work so hard to maintain / grow.

    Xoom@Playnet.com
    Cornered Rat Software

  • MastaccolliMastaccolli boston, MAPosts: 101Member

    The only thing I took from the reply of this person in charge is they helped prove the OP's point by not knowing the difference between THEN and THAN.  So this guy should be in charge of his 2nd grade grammer before he is in charge of a company in any way, shape or form.  THAN is used after adjectives and adverbs to introduce the second member of a comparison, i.e. I am taller THAN he is.  THEN is used as an adverb to show, among other things, a consequence; i.e. THEN they are freeloaders.

     

    What a maroon.

  • RigamortisRigamortis Nextdoor, CAPosts: 205Member Uncommon
    An apology now?  I would take it with a grain of salt as the truth tends to come out when things are said off the cuff and in passing  Only reason an apology is coming now is CRS was caught with their pants down.  An apology should of been given on the official forums but none was offered because anytime somebody disagrees with CRS,  the post is immediately locked or deleted....seeing they can't delete posts on non CRS websites the truth is free to flow here.  I find it a bit humorous BAR you are asking me to basically "have a heart" and not post the things I post here.  Curious where that heart / loyalty was when I was thrown under the bus and then backup over by those in question.  I have other interesting SS of GM's sending me unwarranted and unsolicited /tells while I was in AHC slandering players on the AXIS side calling them all kinds of unprofessional things.

  • CaldrinCaldrin CwmbranPosts: 4,505Member Uncommon

    I dont play WWII online as i think it way too dated... but

     

    OP you kind of insulted the guy so what did you expect him to do?

  • KenFisherKenFisher Northwest, INPosts: 5,035Member Uncommon

    If F2P was a good idea, and the servers can't handle the load, then this is a technical issue and should be treated as one.  It's not the fault of the players that F2P became popular and caused server loading.

     

    Sounds to me like the CEO should make a call to the IT director and find out what can be done to fix it.

     


    Ken Fisher - Semi retired old fart Network Administrator, now working in Network Security.  I don't Forum PVP.  If you feel I've attacked you, it was probably by accident.  When I don't understand, I ask.  Such is not intended as criticism.
  • asmkm22asmkm22 Anchorage, AKPosts: 1,788Member
    Originally posted by battleu
    I want to reply again, just because this thread pissed me off.   CRS and WWIIOnline do NOT have a cash shop option. This means, if you are a free player, you don't contribute unless you sub to the game. 

    That's no excuse to treat potential customers like crap though.  If they really have a problem with people playing it for free, then they need to not offer the game to them for free.

    You make me like charity

  • asmkm22asmkm22 Anchorage, AKPosts: 1,788Member
    Originally posted by XOOM-CRS
    Gamers, My word selection and general structure of the posts during that exchange were poorly written (especially in the given context), and the message could've been conveyed more diplomatically. In times of difficulty, things are said, right or wrong, justified or not. My community will back me up in knowing that I was one of the strongest proponents at RAT HQ to incorporate Free to Play to our game, and eventually assisted in its implementation. I want to articulate here that I am a strong supporter of the Free to Play model that we have, and DO firmly recognize / appreciate the World War II Online - Free Players, understanding their contribution to populating the battlefield and easing in-to WWII Online's subscription offers at a pace of their choosing. We will continue to offer Free to Play for any prospective user who chooses to join our unique game, and we will consistently review how we can make it better for them as we have done so recently with introducing the "Airborne Rifleman" to their unit selection. I'd like to take this moment and apologize to my team and fan base for creating a perception error by utilizing mis-calculated words, that have since been mis-constrewed as an assault on a game we continue to be passionate about, and work so hard to maintain / grow.

    This sounds more like you being sorry you got caught, rather than actually sorry for what you said.  I don't know the OP, and I certainly couldn't care less about a crappy looking barely-breathing old as dirt MMO, but the last thing it sounds like you need to do is call potential customers baggage and freeloaders.  This isn't something you should ever have to apologize for, because it should never happen in the first place.

    Make things right with the OP.  That may or may not mean giving him whatever it is that he wants, but it will mean working to diffuse the appearance that there is an abuse of power going on.

    You make me like charity

  • axishatraxishatr Grand Island, NEPosts: 167Member

    This is a recurring theme with xoom.

     

    He makes decisions with his emotion and the "big stick" attitude since crs game him a title.

     

    Guy is a troll.  Guy seems to have no business ability even though he says he's a business owner (sandwich shop??)

     

    This is how xoom and crs handle anyone that asks questions and tries to direct.  They come back and slap you and then dare you to swing back.  I hope they continue to ban people for speaking up and telling them how bad things are and I hope those people go out and tell 100 people how bad the game sucks because of people like xoom running the show.

     

    All this and then turn around and beg for money and subs. 

     

    Idiots.

     

    All of them.

     

    The playerbase is just toliet paper in their outhouse game.  The more people that post up what crs thinks and says to its players and potential players, more will know the truth and this horrible business can fold up completely after 5 years of hard failure....strike that.  11 years of failure (again docs words that this game has NEVER been in the black)

  • axishatraxishatr Grand Island, NEPosts: 167Member

    Its the second appology (open appology) that he has had to write in mmorpg itself.

     

    Sad sad deal.

  • axishatraxishatr Grand Island, NEPosts: 167Member
    Originally posted by XOOM-CRS
    Gamers, My word selection and general structure of the posts during that exchange were poorly written (especially in the given context), and the message could've been conveyed more diplomatically. In times of difficulty, things are said, right or wrong, justified or not. My community will back me up in knowing that I was one of the strongest proponents at RAT HQ to incorporate Free to Play to our game, and eventually assisted in its implementation. I want to articulate here that I am a strong supporter of the Free to Play model that we have, and DO firmly recognize / appreciate the World War II Online - Free Players, understanding their contribution to populating the battlefield and easing in-to WWII Online's subscription offers at a pace of their choosing. We will continue to offer Free to Play for any prospective user who chooses to join our unique game, and we will consistently review how we can make it better for them as we have done so recently with introducing the "Airborne Rifleman" to their unit selection. I'd like to take this moment and apologize to my team and fan base for creating a perception error by utilizing mis-calculated words, that have since been mis-constrewed as an assault on a game we continue to be passionate about, and work so hard to maintain / grow.

    It is not a PERCEPTION...its written in black and white.

    You community backing means nothing.  Its like saying "well the inmates all voted yes........while we pointed our rifles at them"

     

    Go back to the world you THINK you control.  Go back to the world where the PERCEPTION is that you have authority.  Because here people see you for what you really are.  A guy that wasn't a very good gamer.  Isn't a very good PR guy.  Isn't any different then anyone of use that you've insulted, attacked, and banned for personal feelings.

     

    Go away.

     

    And yes it is an abuse of power.  Just like all dictatorships they rule with an iron fist...............and fall.

     

    Anyone remember xoom using crs tools to spot enemy and report it on chat?  I do.  You can find it if you google for it and read the scripts yourself.

     

    But I suppose he cheated for the betterment of the game........

«1
This discussion has been closed.