Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

NCsoft Possibly publishing NA/EU versions...

GhostshadowsGhostshadows Member UncommonPosts: 70

Digging through multiconfig files and found list that consisted of NCsoft,Nexon Japan,Hanbit

Who knows?

People take the internet too serious...go out get some sun and cool off

Comments

• GhostshadowsGhostshadows Member UncommonPosts: 70
    XLGames should be in NA as well be nice

• Ice-QueenIce-Queen Member UncommonPosts: 2,483
  • PyukPyuk Member UncommonPosts: 762
    I hope it's not NCsoft. That's where MMOs go to die.

I make spreadsheets at work - I don't want to make them for the games I play.

• azzamasinazzamasin Member UncommonPosts: 3,105
    Originally posted by Pyuk
    I hope it's not NCsoft. That's where MMOs go to die.

Would be fitting since AA is doomed for failure then isnt it.

Sandbox means open world, non-linear gaming PERIOD!

Subscription Gaming, especially MMO gaming is a Cash grab bigger then the most P2W cash shop!

Bring Back Exploration and lengthy progression times. RPG's have always been about the Journey not the destination!!!

• ValentinaValentina Member RarePosts: 2,077

NCsoft is actually a fantastic publisher, they're great at marketing and publicizing and managing new games. GW2 is an enormous (and maintained) success, and it is published by NCsoft. They're fantastic publishers, and I believe that should be their main focus in the industry because they excell at it, and not at making great games.

Localization is normally handled in-house until they can be handed off to the foreign management of the game. XLgames has been working on the english/localization of ArcheAge for a long time now, so how much work NCsoft actually has ahead of them in that department is probably minimal at this point considering ArcheAge was designed from the ground up to be a multi-regional appeal, the game really is fantastic.

• KarteliKarteli Member CommonPosts: 2,646

I'd take NCSoft / Nexon any day of the week over some other big publisher, like EA.

NCSoft did apparently express some interest in publishing ArcheAge originally, they even registered a domain for ArcheAge (discussed around mid 2012).  However, either they didn't get the contract, or it is one of the best kept secrets in the gaming industry.

/tin-foil-hat :

I imagine they will flip a few bucks selling the domain name(s) though - perhaps that was their original leverage.  They could also hold the domains hostage and/or threaten to sell it to a gold farming network, heh.

Want a nice understanding of life? Try Spirit Science: "The Human History"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8NNHmV3QPw&feature=plcp
    Recognize the voice? Yep sounds like Penny Arcade's Extra Credits.

• William12William12 Member Posts: 680
    never thought I would say this, but I would rather have SOE publish it and heres why.   If AA has a monthly fee it will fail simple as that SOE is dedicated to making all future games they publish and develop F2P and not some buy to win f2p check out PS2s F2P that is the model all future SOE games will carry.
  • Superman0XSuperman0X Member RarePosts: 2,292
    There is a publisher for NA. It is not NCSoft. There is no date set as of yet. I am sure that they will be announcing something by the end of the year.
  • KarteliKarteli Member CommonPosts: 2,646
    Originally posted by William12
    never thought I would say this, but I would rather have SOE publish it and heres why.   If AA has a monthly fee it will fail simple as that SOE is dedicated to making all future games they publish and develop F2P and not some buy to win f2p check out PS2s F2P that is the model all future SOE games will carry.

SOE has EverQuest Next eventually coming out, and EQNext and ArcheAge are both being declared as high-fantasy sandbox hybrid style games.  I couldn't see SOE doing publishing for ArcheAge, because they would be trying to promote a game by XLGames, while at the same time trying to promote their next edition to the EverQuest IP (which is more lucrative).

Seems like a conflict of interest, and I doubt XLGames would opt to gimp their western release like that, with ArcheAge being SOE's bastard child, second to their EQ IP.

Want a nice understanding of life? Try Spirit Science: "The Human History"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8NNHmV3QPw&feature=plcp
    Recognize the voice? Yep sounds like Penny Arcade's Extra Credits.

• VikingGamerVikingGamer Member UncommonPosts: 1,350

NCSoft does market well but I hate how they treat NCWest like crap. They also downsided those offices so it would seem strange if they are planing to expand them again so quickly. Personally I also just don't trust NC any more with what they did on CoX.

I would much rather see EnMasse get the deal. Tera might have only had limited success but they seemed to have done well with what they have been given.

All die, so die well.

Originally posted by Karteli

SOE has EverQuest Next eventually coming out, and EQNext and ArcheAge are both being declared as high-fantasy sandbox hybrid style games.  I couldn't see SOE doing publishing for ArcheAge, because they would be trying to promote a game by XLGames, while at the same time trying to promote their next edition to the EverQuest IP (which is more lucrative).

Seems like a conflict of interest, and I doubt XLGames would opt to gimp their western release like that, with ArcheAge being SOE's bastard child, second to their EQ IP.

EQNext info is all rumors the truth is while people think it will be a sandbox game Smed himself said it will have the same amount of classes as EQ1.  So how does that work with sandbox ?   Also EQ, EQ2, Vanguard are all pretty much the same style of fantasy MMO add in Dragons Prophet and thats another fantasy MMO for SOE so they obviously don't care about having multiple games of the same type.

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    If it were a deal where xl brought the game to ncsoft to publish, i'd be ok with that.  As long as they do not own it.
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • HedeonHedeon Member UncommonPosts: 997

EQNext info is all rumors the truth is while people think it will be a sandbox game Smed himself said it will have the same amount of classes as EQ1.  So how does that work with sandbox ?   Also EQ, EQ2, Vanguard are all pretty much the same style of fantasy MMO add in Dragons Prophet and thats another fantasy MMO for SOE so they obviously don't care about having multiple games of the same type.

Smed never called it a sandbox, he said that every EQ player expect there to be raids, implying that ofc there is going to be that in EQnext as well....only thing he said was, that it will have sandbox features.  am looking forward to see how each of these 2 titles will be recieved.

• ApraxisApraxis Member UncommonPosts: 1,518
    Originally posted by VikingGamer

NCSoft does market well but I hate how they treat NCWest like crap. They also downsided those offices so it would seem strange if they are planing to expand them again so quickly. Personally I also just don't trust NC any more with what they did on CoX.

I would much rather see EnMasse get the deal. Tera might have only had limited success but they seemed to have done well with what they have been given.

Well.. for NA EnMasse would be a good choice.. i guess. And if you look at their site you even see space for a new unannounced new game.. most probably asia again. It could be ArcheAge.

But EU would be fucked up.. especially when it turns out like with Tera. EnMasse is unfortunatly NA only.. and there are not a lot of good EU only MMO publisher around.. if any. So i personally would beg for NCSoft most probably the best choice for EU.

• GhostshadowsGhostshadows Member UncommonPosts: 70
    Originally posted by DMKano
    Originally posted by Superman0X
    There is a publisher for NA. It is not NCSoft. There is no date set as of yet. I am sure that they will be announcing something by the end of the year.

The game will be released in US/EU before the end of the year, so the announcement is going to come a lot sooner, most likely this month.

Really hope so!!!

• PhelcherPhelcher Member CommonPosts: 1,053
    Originally posted by Hedeon
    never thought ....

SOE has EverQuest Next eventually...  (which is more lucrative).

EQNext info is all rumors the truth is.....  

Smed never called it a sandbox... , he said that every EQ player expect there to be raids, implying that ofc there is going to be that in EQnext as well....only thing he said was, that it will have sandbox features.  am looking forward to see how each of these 2 titles will be recieved.

Er..

John Smedley has said EQnext will be a sandbox experience. It's even going to be an open world, featuring a more sophisticated version of the engine thats powering PlanetSide 2 right now..!

THey are waiting till video card and DX11 is in everyone's hands..no need to hurry, the WoW'tardz are not yet totoally sick of their game. SOE knows whats coming..  the tide~ 

"No they are not charity. That is where the whales come in. (I play for free. Whales pays.) Devs get a business. That is how it works."

-Nariusseldon

• OnomasOnomas Member UncommonPosts: 1,147

Smed never called it a sandbox, he said that every EQ player expect there to be raids, implying that ofc there is going to be that in EQnext as well....only thing he said was, that it will have sandbox features.  am looking forward to see how each of these 2 titles will be recieved.

EverQuest Next is “largest sandbox MMO ever designed,” says SOE’s John Smedley

Lot of other false statements in this thread. Does anyone read any more?

• jinxxed0jinxxed0 Member UncommonPosts: 841
    I hope not. Anyone who actually likes NCSoft has never suffered through having a game published by them taken away. They're pretty dodgey too and are always getting kicked out of game coventions for being a-holes or whatever.
  • VernamVernam Member UncommonPosts: 50
    I don't care who publishes it, just take my money and give me the game!
    Originally posted by Onomas

I hope people dont get hyped thinking Smed means a traditional sandbox MMO.   For my money the only aspect of EQN that will be sandboxish is the open world.   If people think its gonna be a pvp game or something they're in for a huge let down im sure it will have pvp but it is going to be a PVE game with PVP not a PVP game with PVE.   With that said going PVP with that game engine is gonna be epic hundreds of people with 0 lag.

• ComanComan Member UncommonPosts: 2,177

/tin-foil-hat :

I imagine they will flip a few bucks selling the domain name(s) though - perhaps that was their original leverage.  They could also hold the domains hostage and/or threaten to sell it to a gold farming network, heh.

Actually would not work as I guess ArcheAge is copyrighted and the owner of the copyright could simply claim the domain

• ArduArdu Member CommonPosts: 55
    I really want to try this game out, it looks pretty decent.
  • Ice-QueenIce-Queen Member UncommonPosts: 2,483

He did indeed say it was going to be a sandbox.

http://www.pcgamer.com/2012/10/20/sony-online-entertainment-everquest-next-sandbox-mmo/

Smedley claimed Next will be the “largest sandbox MMO” created to date, according to EQ2 Wire. “What we’re building is something that we will be very proud to call EverQuest,” Smedley said. “It will be the largest sandbox style MMO ever designed with the same exciting content delivered in a new way.

What happens when you log off your characters????.....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFQhfhnjYMk
    Dark Age of Camelot

• ValentinaValentina Member RarePosts: 2,077
    NCwest doesn't exist anymore from what I remember, it's all just NCsoft, regardless of region now and ever since that they've been pretty well off. They were silly to try and label the western branch of the company independently from the main HQ. I still believe that unless XLgames publishes the game here themselves, NCsoft is the best choice. I think En Masse would be a horrible idea, and SOE is a pretty good candidate but I don't see that happening..Definitely hoping Nexon wasn't who they've chosen, I don't have anything against them, but they don't have the pull that NCsoft does right now. With GW2 being such a massive success, AA would be a great alternative.
  • OnomasOnomas Member UncommonPosts: 1,147
    Originally posted by Onomas

I hope people dont get hyped thinking Smed means a traditional sandbox MMO.   For my money the only aspect of EQN that will be sandboxish is the open world.   If people think its gonna be a pvp game or something they're in for a huge let down im sure it will have pvp but it is going to be a PVE game with PVP not a PVP game with PVE.   With that said going PVP with that game engine is gonna be epic hundreds of people with 0 lag.

Nothing wrong with a themepark having a large open world or pvp in the open world (level restricted, flagged for it, etc to provide safety for the ones that dont wish to fight). A happy medium between the two should be tempted. Sick and tired of one or the other, hell slap them together and make a good freaking game.

But yeah do believe it will be a sandbox, they have been wanting one sicne SWG times, and actualy are working on 2 others.