Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

Video Card Dead - Need Advice!

kadepsysonkadepsyson sun prairie, WIPosts: 1,937Member

So my old Nvidia 8800 GTS 640 video card is dead.  The other one I have functions fine, but this one is no longer functional.  So I need some advice and tips on what to do next.  I was considering using a sledgehammer, or even just setting it on fire.

I am open to suggestions.

El Psy Congroo

Comments

• GruntyGrunty Fort Worth, TXPosts: 7,043Member Uncommon
    Seel how well it works as a batarang or ninja star?
  • asmkm22asmkm22 Anchorage, AKPosts: 1,788Member
    Originally posted by kadepsyson

So my old Nvidia 8800 GTS 640 video card is dead.  The other one I have functions fine, but this one is no longer functional.  So I need some advice and tips on what to do next.  I was considering using a sledgehammer, or even just setting it on fire.

Bake it in the oven for about 5 to 10 minutes, at around 375F.

You make me like charity

• GrayGhost79GrayGhost79 Webster, MAPosts: 4,813Member

Using fire isn't actually a bad idea. I've baked a few cards in my day and brought them bake to life :) 

http://www.addictivetips.com/hardware/fix-your-graphics-card-by-baking-in-oven/

Found a link if you want to give it a shot, you may damage your card... but if its dead already lol, it's not like you can make it much worse. 

• Br3akingDawnBr3akingDawn a City, CAPosts: 1,357Member Uncommon

So go buy some new 8800GTS 640 and switch the SN sticker and return it.

• RidelynnRidelynn Fresno, CAPosts: 4,173Member Uncommon

Wall Art.

Coffee Table coaster.

Paper weight.

Mr.T-style neck medallion.

Base for a desk lamp.

Back side to a pen/pencil holder.

Skeet shooting.

I usually just chuck them into the e-waste bin.