Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Video Card Dead - Need Advice!

kadepsysonkadepsyson Member UncommonPosts: 1,919

So my old Nvidia 8800 GTS 640 video card is dead.  The other one I have functions fine, but this one is no longer functional.  So I need some advice and tips on what to do next.  I was considering using a sledgehammer, or even just setting it on fire.

I am open to suggestions.

Comments

• GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657
    Seel how well it works as a batarang or ninja star?
    "I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
  • asmkm22asmkm22 Member Posts: 1,788
    Originally posted by kadepsyson

So my old Nvidia 8800 GTS 640 video card is dead.  The other one I have functions fine, but this one is no longer functional.  So I need some advice and tips on what to do next.  I was considering using a sledgehammer, or even just setting it on fire.

Bake it in the oven for about 5 to 10 minutes, at around 375F.

You make me like charity

• GrayGhost79GrayGhost79 Member UncommonPosts: 4,775
    Originally posted by kadepsyson

Using fire isn't actually a bad idea. I've baked a few cards in my day and brought them bake to life :) 

http://www.addictivetips.com/hardware/fix-your-graphics-card-by-baking-in-oven/

Found a link if you want to give it a shot, you may damage your card... but if its dead already lol, it's not like you can make it much worse. 

• RidelynnRidelynn Member EpicPosts: 7,383

Wall Art.

Coffee Table coaster.

Paper weight.

Mr.T-style neck medallion.

Base for a desk lamp.

Back side to a pen/pencil holder.

Skeet shooting.

I usually just chuck them into the e-waste bin.