Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

really amazed

Sicc1Sicc1 Member UncommonPosts: 243
For some reason typing on my phone I can't get paragraphs to work sorry.I don't post allot but I felt this deserved one.

I'm just amazed that out of all the mmos I've played this title, one I never even heard of until last week, is the one to truly impress me. I've never payed any of the f2p or Asian themed mmos before because thy just didn't seem my style. But after reading a few threads on thus game I gave it a shot and an glad I did.

This game had so many awesome features and things I've never seen before its awesome. Far from a perfect game though, had lots I'd bugs and terrible translation. If it want for joining a noob friendly guild I would have struggled big time just figuring things out.

I just wanted to throw it out there that if your bored with the current mmos I would certainly give those game a good try. It took awhile to actually get past all the guides and get into the game but there's some really cool stuff in this game. I'm not gonna list things because there's plenty of threads and it would be a long post.

Darkfall - Sick
Earthrise - Sick

Comments

• GrableGrable Member UncommonPosts: 66

I just couldn't imagine Asia could produce an MMO such as Age of Wushu, honestly. When I heard that AoW is "EVE-like" and from Asia, I was like "yeah no way".

Tried it, impressed :)

The only concern I have is the possible pay2win...

• GrayKodiakGrayKodiak Member CommonPosts: 576

Really have been enjoying this game myself as well, very glad they extended the open Beta.

I am not automatically opposed to a game from asia but my experience with them has been less than great. This however is better than any current MMO I have tried, for me anyway. Probably isn't for everyone and the translations still need work.

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    I'm just like you OP except I found out the day of CB1. Made me ask wtf are western developers doing. I'm just gonna let time pass before I make in big bold proclamations, but I haven't enjoyed a mmorpg this much in years.
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • Sal1Sal1 Member UncommonPosts: 430
    I find this game very intrigueing. I have been thoroughly enjoying my time playing this game. It isn't the easiest game to learn how to play but I enjoy a challenge. And the gameworld, players, and overall game experience has me hooked.
  • TrunksZTrunksZ Member Posts: 263

I've seen a lot of threads about this game lately and OP post made me want to check it out, since I am in between games right now, also I know that the game is China themed but I wonder if it is possible to make your character do not look Chinese, not that I have anything against Chinese people, I am just one of those players that make their character looks like them.

• tyfontyfon Member UncommonPosts: 240
    Originally posted by TrunksZ

I've seen a lot of threads about this game lately and OP post made me want to check it out, since I am in between games right now, also I know that the game is China themed but I wonder if it is possible to make your character do not look Chinese, not that I have anything against Chinese people, I am just one of those players that make their character looks like them.

All CC options makes chinese chars. Add the clothing and it would be pretty hard to make anything else.

Just give it a go since it's in open beta right now. It won't cost you a dime :)

I'm also really enjoying it atm, hopefully it will last. I'm personally waiting for the EU version and playing on the russian server with english translations right now.

• Sicc1Sicc1 Member UncommonPosts: 243
    It really is a great game. its just so confusing to get into. Allot of folks will give up and probably miss out on an awesome game and the first one to really bring something new to the table.

Darkfall - Sick
    Earthrise - Sick

• TrunksZTrunksZ Member Posts: 263
    Originally posted by tyfon

All CC options makes chinese chars. Add the clothing and it would be pretty hard to make anything else.

Just give it a go since it's in open beta right now. It won't cost you a dime :)

I'm also really enjoying it atm, hopefully it will last. I'm personally waiting for the EU version and playing on the russian server with english translations right now.

Ok, thanks for the quick reply, I guess at worst I will make a female character since they look way better than males.

I think you will be able to. There are a bunch of different sliders to play with when you create your characters appearance. If you do try this game let me know your results.

@TruckZ

Not that great of a pic, but it shows a little bit of what you can do. My girl is in the middle. 

I was going for black/asain mix. Skin tone will remain the same (even though I've seen pictures of black chinese people!), but feature customization is pretty good. 

• EvelknievelEvelknievel Member UncommonPosts: 2,964

I recently got bit by the AoW bug as well, but I gotta admit at first I was like WTF am doing in this game. It was so confusing at 1st and still is to me even after 1 week of true game play. It seems like there are mixed elements in the game which can be confusing and I don't know if it's just the conversion to western  standards or not.

The graphics are decent, but not spectacular like newer mmo's we have today. I am really not a fan of Asian graphics in my mmo's, but for once I really don't mind it now in this game.

The only reason I even tried this game was because, I just kept seeing players post on how their experience was in game and most are pleased. The only thing I gotta get used to is the Open World PKing, lone wolfing in this game might get rough for players that don't look for guild support though and think they can solo the whole game without any help.

There seems to be a few huge guilds (righteous, neutral and evil), but them evil bastards are truly evil. LOL! But I have even been PKed by righteous and neutral as well. It's best to pick a side and look for a guild if you want to take this game seriously though. I can see alot of school politics playing into this game.

And one more thing, offline progression is awesome! Maybe so because, I am used to having this in my mmo's that I play. If ArcheAge is pretty similiar to this Age of Wushu, I can see me really getting into it.

• AresPLAresPL Member UncommonPosts: 292

@JR4D well if You would play on chinese server, on war or RAID with thousands of people You wouldnt want to use U3 or Cry3 engines

AA is nice game, but all depends from taste, I like both, but stay with AoW

• dreamscaperdreamscaper Member UncommonPosts: 1,592
    I've been extremely happy with the game so far. My only problem with the game so far has been the sloppy English translation. So far I've been able to ignore this simply by looking at it like a bad English dub. :)

<3

• BigHatLoganBigHatLogan Member Posts: 688
    Yeah I am having more fun with this game than any mmorpgs in years.  The greatest thing is that you can progress a character without having to grind mobs or quests (the two worst things about mmorpgs).  I actually like the horrible translations and hope they stay.  Horrible translations A) Make the game more authentic, like the subtitles on all those great kung fu flicks, and B) Shroud game mechanics in mystery.  Most mmorpgs players can just go on line and instantly know the mechanics.  Not here.  The martial arts are truly mysterious.

Are you a Pavlovian Fish Biscuit Addict? Get Help Now!
    I will play no more MMORPGs until somethign good comes out!

Originally posted by bcbully

@TruckZ

Not that great of a pic, but it shows a little bit of what you can do. My girl is in the middle. 

I was going for black/asain mix. Skin tone will remain the same (even though I've seen pictures of black chinese people!), but feature customization is pretty good. 

You can adjust the eyes and the likes to a pretty good degree, the skin tone however is stuck at a very few options. I have seen some players who have broken the games character creation to the point of making horrible looking things.

These are my two, but honestly I think I made the tangman look a bit tooo shady or ratty or something. Sneaky looking bastard he is. I was really just trying to avoid the more, almost elf like, look of the average face I see

This guy looked more japanese anima than chinese to me.

• eye_meye_m Member UncommonPosts: 3,317
    The graphics don't look very impressive,  adequate I guess.   To be honest, I haven't seen anything with it that appeals to me.  I would bet that many of the same people going on about how great this game is, end up going on about how some other game is within 2 months. Each to their own.

All of my posts are either intelligent, thought provoking, funny, satirical, sarcastic or intentionally disrespectful. Take your pick.

I get banned in the forums for games I love, so lets see if I do better in the forums for games I hate.

I enjoy the serenity of not caring what your opinion is.

I don't hate much, but I hate Apple© with a passion. If Steve Jobs was alive, I would punch him in the face.

Originally posted by eyelolled
    The graphics don't look very impressive,  adequate I guess.   To be honest, I haven't seen anything with it that appeals to me.  I would bet that many of the same people going on about how great this game is, end up going on about how some other game is within 2 months. Each to their own.

Yea cause we are all on here going on about the graphics being the best of 2013.

• IzikIzik Member Posts: 111

Graphics are fine. Game is pretty boring though... the combat is clunky, the pve instances are god awful, and there's just not that much to do unless you love crafting. Not to mention it is completely P2W with the sanctioned gold buying. Good intentions, but bad execution. Would love to see a similar game made by a AAA  American game developer.

• bluesugarbluesugar Member UncommonPosts: 16
    Originally posted by Izik

Graphics are fine. Game is pretty boring though... the combat is clunky, the pve instances are god awful, and there's just not that much to do unless you love crafting. Not to mention it is completely P2W with the sanctioned gold buying. Good intentions, but bad execution. Would love to see a similar game made by a AAA  American game developer.

Hmm, not for me in the slightest, but to each their own.  The graphics aren't going to win any awards, but the art is really great, and I feel like i'm in a world, not Disneyland with fake storefronts.  For some reason this game has grabbed me and not let go, but not in the usual way.  With other MMO's like GW2, EQ, WoW, etc, I have felt the need to end cap rush until burnout.  This game is really complex in many ways and I am just playing and exploring, without the OCD "itch" I get from any other mmo I have played.  I should hate Asian mmo's, but this one is just superb.

I am not saying this game is a graphic show case like some we are seeing coming out soon or even some from last year like GW2 on high, or even TSW in some areas but with the right setting it looks ok and definately has its own theme.

Landscape changes the most with the graphic settings.

Higher setting really nicen up the water, lighten up the distance while slightly fading it and do some small lighting on the character based on the scene lighting. It almost looks like a different area. They also improve fighting affects as well but I never have time to grab shots of that...as I am fighting.

I rarely take screen shots with anti aliasing on, because my rig just looses a few fps in that mode and in an open world pvp type game I don't want to be doing that but the results are nice when it is on. Is it Arch Age level graphics? Yea probably on my rig they would look the same because I don't run full pvp games at max most of the time (in fact I often run them with most things but draw distance turned all the way down), but I am sure you can squeeze better graphics out of a lot of newer AAA games like archage,I see some much nicer looking games on the horizon and I have played a few in the past. but these are certainly good enough and capture the setting very well and the engine is fantastic for mass combat as I never have drops even with the huge school battles.

• Sora2810Sora2810 Member Posts: 567
    Originally posted by Grable

I just couldn't imagine Asia could produce an MMO such as Age of Wushu, honestly. When I heard that AoW is "EVE-like" and from Asia, I was like "yeah no way".

Tried it, impressed :)

The only concern I have is the possible pay2win...

Run that by me again; "EVE-like"? 

Signing up.

Played - M59, EQOA, EQ, EQ2, PS, SWG[Favorite], DAoC, UO, RS, MXO, CoH/CoV, TR, FFXI, FoM, WoW, Eve, Rift, SWTOR, TSW.
    Playing - PS2, AoW, GW2

Originally posted by bluesugar

Hmm, not for me in the slightest, but to each their own.  The graphics aren't going to win any awards, but the art is really great, and I feel like i'm in a world, not Disneyland with fake storefronts.  For some reason this game has grabbed me and not let go, but not in the usual way.  With other MMO's like GW2, EQ, WoW, etc, I have felt the need to end cap rush until burnout.  This game is really complex in many ways and I am just playing and exploring, without the OCD "itch" I get from any other mmo I have played.  I should hate Asian mmo's, but this one is just superb.

I feel the same way. Today I took a carriage ride from a city in the North to Yanying village just to see some of the game world I haven't ridden or walked through. And I could have teleported there in mere seconds!

Originally posted by Sal1
    Originally posted by bluesugar

I feel the same way. Today I took a carriage ride from a city in the North to Yanying village just to see some of the game world I haven't ridden or walked through. And I could have teleported there in mere seconds!

I really like the random treasure scattered around, it is amazing how many people auto run by it even in populated areas. In the more difficult areas you can find golden boxes with better stuff in it. But its all random just for people who like to rummage around the map looking for odd places and the like.

All most home! Missed script steal event. I got the Scholor whirl skill lastnights event. White knuckle, heart pouding adventure. I should make it in time for school war. Hope I sold some stuff too. Uhg I'm jonesing..