Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

Predictions for Blade and Soul 2013?

r3zs1ckn3ssr3zs1ckn3ss Wauwatosa, WIPosts: 360Member Uncommon
I'm looking forward to the classes and combat. Not sure how open the world will be, but since it's Korean I'm pretty sure exploration will feel restricted. F2P eventually? That's usually the fate of Korean MMO's after a year of being stateside. Will it bomb during beta or will it survive a few months after release and then plummet leaving players searching for yet another MMO to come out? The US site doesn't update very often so it's hard to tell at this point if it's just another eye candy MMO or something innovative that might actually have something to offer to the MMO community.

New build in progress.
Stay tuned!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• RecoreRecore Posts: 5,098Member Uncommon
    If this is just another game where you max level in a week with nonthing left to do then it will fail. We need games with long term meaningful character progression.
    Raptr Gamercard
  • r3zs1ckn3ssr3zs1ckn3ss Wauwatosa, WIPosts: 360Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Mannish
    If this is just another game where you max level in a week with nonthing left to do then it will fail. We need games with long term meaningful character progression.

Which is why I prefer grinding. It takes a long time and you don't have tons of capped players running around within' the first week. Btw. Like your rig. Nice proc but why only the 7770 for the GPU? With that proc and RAM speed I would have at least grabbed a 2gb 7850.

New build in progress.
    Stay tuned!!!!!!!!!!!!

• RecoreRecore Posts: 5,098Member Uncommon
    I also prefer grinding and cant wait till a mmo comes out that can take it to the next level. As for the 7770 its going to get upgraded real soon. 
    Raptr Gamercard
  • SlyLoKSlyLoK Sugar Grove, VAPosts: 1,551Member Uncommon
    I have played the game myself and I personally did not care for it at all. 

• AIMonsterAIMonster Apopka, FLPosts: 2,059Member
    Since it might go F2P at the start according to NCSoft (they are looking into it) it could actually do decently well here in the West.  It's not going to be a breakout hit, but I'm sure it's not going to be a barren wasteland of a MMO.

Raptr link because it's the cool new trend:

• NovusodNovusod Lakewood, NJPosts: 892Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Mannish

Too bad Blade and Sould is just another theme park with gimicy combat. At best it will be like GW2.

Game would have so much more potential as a sandbox.