Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I wish this game could transform

Comments

• superniceguysuperniceguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,278
    Originally posted by Gaborik

[mod edit]

The expansion is only Makeb which was mentioned in June 2012, as a normal content update for your $15 monthly fee, and was planned to be in before the end of 2012.

I would have been impressed if that happened and there was a proper expansion to add more content and cost $60. 

I never said there would never be a level cap, and it was all mentioned back in June 2012, just held back to drag out the little content they have got. All this including the space project was done before June 2012, but nothing is on the drawing board after this?

• LatronusLatronus Member Posts: 692
    Originally posted by apocoluster
    Originally posted by GwapoJosh
    Originally posted by Ahnog
    I like the game the way it is and the direction it is going.

You are one of the very few...

....that bother to post on this site.  (There bro, fixed)

Mark me as another.  Im satisfied with the game for what they charge me.

I am fine with the game as well.  It ain't great, but I still have fun playing.

Originally posted by superniceguy
    Originally posted by Sevenstar61

SWTOR will only be around for years if they can afford the licence renewal, or that EA bought a long term licence, but if the game cost millions to make then they probably skimped on the licence and bought a short term one, with the thought of buying a longer one with the profits, but as they do not seem to be able to break even now, they may not be able to renew the licence. SOE renewed the licence several times, but that is because it did not need $7.5 million per month to break even.

The lack of content / attention that SWTOR is being given is signs that they have a short licence, and that it may not see into 2014. SWG had plenty stuff added to it over the 8.5 years, and even playing it solidly all that time, I still did not do everything it offered when it shut down. I have played most of what SWTOR has to offer, within only months, and now it is just playing through some of the same content over and over again.

SWTOR could have been so much more, but has just keeled over. If it had millions of players, the founders would still be at Bioware reaping the rewards, Makeb would have been in now, plus a tonne more content, and a decent expansion being released that cost $60 or something.

How much content SWG had added in the first year? Everything you say is just your opinion and your wishing....

It is certainly not wishing, and is my opinion but can you say with 100% confidence that SWTOR will last past 2013?

I am not saying 100% that it will shut down, but it does not look good

SWG had enough content to keep enough people playing. Thing is though where it was a sandbox, people mainly made their own fun. There was always something happening to SWG, and you were always busy playing with what there was, to have time to deal with the new stuff.

Do you seriosuly think that SWTOR has all the content of KOTOR 3-9 and beyond which Bioware stated in 2008? If they had that content, it would have been best to have added that than go F2P, or a sizeable chunk be put in now, which would give SWTOR a brighter future. EA said that Makeb would be in before the end of 2012.

Actions speak louder than words, but both their actions and words have been weak, and their lack of actions back things up.

Cryptic/Perfect World have been showing signs of loads of advancements to STO, and has been updated leaps and bounds to what it was at launch, and plenty of stuff coming in 2013. There is definate commitment to that game, and shows signs of a decent future

As SWTOR has gone F2P, they have peoples attention (again), so the few to 6 months from F2P is the time to act with all that content they have, not later in the year, when people have maxed out and given up with the game.

[mod edit]

Of course they are going to say it is going to be around in 2014. They do not want people to quit. Last year EA kept saying they were not going to take the game F2P all the way through to July, but the population levels forced them.

SWG was planned to be around after 2011 too by this:

http://stratics.com/community/threads/concept-swg-server-mergers-2011-2012.235125/

but then was not.

Things change, NOTHING is SOLID.

Why even post dude you are so bias and confused. Its clear you have no clue what your talking about. They are releasing their 1st expansion in 2013 and you think (just like server will be dead in a month after f2p you were wrong, just like they will never have an expansion you were wrong, just like they will never have a level cap you were wrong) they wont make it to 2014 lmfao! You hope they dont so you dont have to waste another year of your life bashing a good mmo you DONT EVEN PLAY!!

The expansion is only Makeb which was mentioned in June 2012, as a normal content update for your $15 monthly fee, and was planned to be in before the end of 2012.

I would have been impressed if that happened and there was a proper expansion to add more content and cost $60. 

I never said there would never be a level cap, and it was all mentioned back in June 2012, just held back to drag out the little content they have got. All this including the space project was done before June 2012, but nothing is on the drawing board after this?

[mod edit]

Sure there is stuff in the works, but ALL that was mentioned by June 2012, and other than the space project it was meant to be in game before end of 2012, there is nothing new stated AFTER june 2012, that is in the works

Ilum was in game at launch, but was removed, and not planned until 2014, what a joke

SGR was even mentioned way back in Sep 2011, it is nothing new

just the same stuff being dragged and stretched out.

Why even post dude you are so bias and confused. Its clear you have no clue what your talking about. They are releasing their 1st expansion in 2013 and you think (just like server will be dead in a month after f2p you were wrong, just like they will never have an expansion you were wrong, just like they will never have a level cap you were wrong) they wont make it to 2014 lmfao! You hope they dont so you dont have to waste another year of your life bashing a good mmo you DONT EVEN PLAY!!

[mod edit]

Sure there is stuff in the works, but ALL that was mentioned by June 2012, and other than the space project it was meant to be in game before end of 2012, there is nothing new stated AFTER june 2012, that is in the works

Ilum was in game at launch, but was removed, and not planned until 2014, what a joke

[mod edit]

I am not bashing it, just posting the facts.

More info so far has just beenj a tease, and when there is more info, it is just stuff that they have already said about, but finally coming. They have already said that there will be flashpoints and ops at launch, and was supposed to get one each per month. Have there been 12 flashpoints and ops added since launch? NO. So it is just loads of content just bottled up.

• kyssarikyssari Member Posts: 142
    I wish when I encountered a completely game breaking bug that completely prevented me from playing the game I had access to customer support in any form wether it be submitting a ticket ingame, on the website, or evene posting on any of the swtor forums to report it, so I could play the game again but alas, I don't sub so I'm screwed : Well.... why would I ever sub after that kind of treatment? Preferred customer here btw who was a member of the revanites program closed beta testing for 8 months before launch lol....
  • LatronusLatronus Member Posts: 692

[mod edit]

And???  You were disappointed, got it.  You don't like the game, got it.  Wasting you time trolling the SWTOR posts, time to go outside, that big bright ball in the sky won't kill you I promise.  Me on the other hand, I get moon burn during a full moon...

You might be a happier person if you spent time playing a game you do like and not getting all worked up bitching about a game you will never change.

• TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,549
    just came back to this game after starting it at launch. really enjoying it now... I feel my expectations were too high when it launched and now I'm playing a good game with a good story. It's not great but I am into it now.

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

Originally posted by Latronus

[mod edit]

And???  You were disappointed, got it.  You don't like the game, got it.  Wasting you time trolling the SWTOR posts, time to go outside, that big bright ball in the sky won't kill you I promise.  Me on the other hand, I get moon burn during a full moon...

You might be a happier person if you spent time playing a game you do like and not getting all worked up bitching about a game you will never change.

At least I do not go bashing and insulting people. If I want to keep posting here what is it to you?  I state what would be good with the game, and then people get all high and mighty and try and defend the game, and tell me to get lost, and what I need to do.

I want to play the game, and one aspect of the game that has prevented me from playing has changed only yesterday - char slots, so do not say the game wil never change.

• lkc673lkc673 Member Posts: 149
    have a feeling an Avatar mmos is going to come out after all the movies will be finished...
  • keithiankeithian Member UncommonPosts: 3,191

[mod edit]

At least I do not go bashing and insulting people. If I want to keep posting here what is it to you?  I state what would be good with the game, and then people get all high and mighty and try and defend the game, and tell me to get lost, and what I need to do.

I want to play the game, and one aspect of the game that has prevented me from playing has changed only yesterday - char slots, so do not say the game wil never change.

wouldn't be easier on you though to take all of your repetitive posts comparing this to SWG and all the things you continue not to like and consolidate them into one review in the review section? I'm worried about your stress levels and the impact they may have on your health lol.

There Is Always Hope!

• ignore_meignore_me Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,987

In the spirit of my original post, I wish that there was some way to actually get the programmers at EA to fulfill the potential that this game could have had.

They could leave much of the first 50 levels as is, but just add on for future worlds. That way the people who say, "oh no it's enough the way it is" could just play what exists now, and those who wanted more could have something to fit broader tastes.

Several posters have talked about the pace and direction of the game being very lackluster, and to this I have to agree. There has been very sparse additions considering the pace of consumption. Anything actively asked for by players on official forums (3d space, mini games, PvP additions, etc.) are not being addressed in any decent time frame.

Survivor of the great MMORPG Famine of 2011

Originally posted by pioneer08

[mod edit]

One aspect that kept you from the game was char slots? Really? Well if that's the case stay in STO we don't want or need you in a galaxy far far better than yours.

Once you have created at least 2 chars as a sub, and went preferred you only had 2 chars to play with since Nove 15th, so were completely locked out until yesterday. It was not a choice. You could not create a 3rd even if you wanted to. So unable to create another character = unable to play.

Do you actually play and like SWTOR? It does not seem like it, as you do not want more poeple to come play and keep it alive.

Originally posted by keithian

[mod edit]

wouldn't be easier on you though to take all of your repetitive posts comparing this to SWG and all the things you continue not to like and consolidate them into one review in the review section? I'm worried about your stress levels and the impact they may have on your health lol.

I have an interest in SWTOR, and I will always be posting in these forums, but why all of a sudden people start to gang up on me? Maybe it is because you lot really do not like SWTOR, and do not want any bofy to like and play SWTOR, and now that they have allowed more slots, I have said I will play the game, but you can not handle that, so  try and put me off.  I do not mind discussing SWTOR, but I do not like posts like yours there telling me what I should do, aiming it at me, and not SWTOR is what gets my stress levels up. If the plan is try and put me off SWTOR then it is working, but to me off posting about SWTOR, it will never happen.

From now on I will ignore any posts specifically about me and other posters who may or may not like / play SWTOR (not including the non specific millions who quit SWTOR), but will respond to comments on and only on SWTOR.

• FromHellFromHell Member Posts: 1,311

Sadly, I have no idea if this game will ever get out of its current mediocrity, but three years from now, if all goes well, we might have JTL type space combat, revamped planets with day night change, no exhaustion zones, less loading screens, decent mob AI, dynamic content, customizable housing, cutscenes with camera movement and graphics cranked up from 2005 level to 2010 level. Oh yeah and maybe Pazak, Swoop Racing and other things todo than grind the same type of kill X content, over, and over, and over again.

let me know when that happened and I'll give it another shot.

Oh wait, I'll be playing 64-bit Star Citizen by then in Cryengine3.  And Elite. And probably World of Darkness or Titan. And enjoying my lifetime TsW sub.

Bottomline: Bioware, too little, too late (probably never)

Secrets of Dragon?s Spine Trailer.. ! :D
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwT9cFVQCMw

Best MMOs ever played: Ultima, EvE, SW Galaxies, Age of Conan, The Secret World
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2X_SbZCHpc&t=21s

The Return of ELITE !

• DeeweDeewe Member UncommonPosts: 1,980
    Originally posted by FromHell

Sadly, I have no idea if this game will ever get out of its current mediocrity, but three years from now, if all goes well, we might have JTL type space combat, revamped planets with day night change, no exhaustion zones, less loading screens, decent mob AI, dynamic content, customizable housing, cutscenes with camera movement and graphics cranked up from 2005 level to 2010 level. Oh yeah and maybe Pazak, Swoop Racing and other things todo than grind the same type of kill X content, over, and over, and over again.

Well guess mostly +1.5 million of former players are in the same boat as you are.

They might add some of the above but what I don't see hitting the game anytime soon is sandbox game play.

Features that would give some life to the game and resurrect it from the graveyard.

• simpliussimplius Member UncommonPosts: 1,134
    Originally posted by Deewe

Well guess mostly +1.5 million of former players are in the same boat as you are.

They might add some of the above but what I don't see hitting the game anytime soon is sandbox game play.

Features that would give some life to the game and resurrect it from the graveyard.

please,,sandbox only works in smaller mmo

it is fine to be able to  build stuff and change the world

not so fine , when a group of newbie players destroying it for the lolz

GW2 have learned the lesson,,mostly removing possibilities for players to ruin gameplay for others

Originally posted by simplius

GW2 have learned the lesson,,mostly removing possibilities for players to ruin gameplay for others

And preserving a sterile game world is worth killing any ability to have variation in that world? This perspective to me represents the most control-fixated, change-fearing of the game dwellers. Keep it on rails, it's the only way that my status quo is preserved and I don't have to react to the riff raff. /gets back in bubble

Originally posted by keithian

[mod edit]

I have an interest in SWTOR, and I will always be posting in these forums, but why all of a sudden people start to gang up on me? Maybe it is because you lot really do not like SWTOR, and do not want any bofy to like and play SWTOR, and now that they have allowed more slots, I have said I will play the game, but you can not handle that, so  try and put me off.  I do not mind discussing SWTOR, but I do not like posts like yours there telling me what I should do, aiming it at me, and not SWTOR is what gets my stress levels up. If the plan is try and put me off SWTOR then it is working, but to me off posting about SWTOR, it will never happen.

From now on I will ignore any posts specifically about me and other posters who may or may not like / play SWTOR (not including the non specific millions who quit SWTOR), but will respond to comments on and only on SWTOR.

I read your posts SNG and think you do a good job of being objective. I mean I do see that you are unhappy with the game, but your posts are generally more civil than mine.

• RydesonRydeson Member UncommonPosts: 3,852

This game needs more then just transforming.. It needs a NGE.. lol

This game plays as a single player RPG like KoTOR for the Xbox.., and not even remotely deserving of a $15/month sub fee..  Too few zones/planets to explore and adventure in.. I hate that 90% of the planets become obsolete once you outlevel them.. BORING!!!.. The plants feel like a maze of breadcrumbs.. The classes I don't mind..  The crafting has good intentions, but are generally worthless compared to other rewards and the time it takes to make what you want..  I've always hated games that treated crafting as the bastard child no one wants.. Why should I spend weeks and months getting my skill to max ONLY to be left with a "couple" recipes worth a damn..  LOL 

• simpliussimplius Member UncommonPosts: 1,134
    Originally posted by ignore_me

And preserving a sterile game world is worth killing any ability to have variation in that world? This perspective to me represents the most control-fixated, change-fearing of the game dwellers. Keep it on rails, it's the only way that my status quo is preserved and I don't have to react to the riff raff. /gets back in bubble

variation is not the same as sandbox

any game with a certain population will have toxic elements,,hackers,scammers,trolls

letting those guys do their stuff can be devastating for a games population

and no matter what you do,,any mmo is still scripted,,the only real difference would be in PVP

• nate1980nate1980 Member UncommonPosts: 2,063

Because of the nature of licensing agreements, the world is stuck with this Star Wars MMO for who knows how long. I find myself longing for a Star Wars game, but SWTOR is unplayable to me. If only the crew at EAware had the technical skill.

-I wish the engine could be adapted so that the game would operate like contemporary MMOs.

-I wish that new explorable, dynamic (night/day, weather, randomized mobs, varied loot tables) planets would be added that are considered outside of the original storyline, and were there for player adventures.

-I wish that the crafting would open up and be 10 times as complicated and varied.

-I wish that A full 3d space game with varied ships could be added and used to travel between the worlds.

-I wish that they had the ability to add mini-games

-I wish that they could allow players to change the world in some way, to make a mark and achieve something other than completed Karagga' s on NM mode.

SWTOR is the sequel to the KoToR series and made by Bioware. So people shouldn't have expected any different from Bioware than a game with a main story, side missions, voice overs, and light/dark side dialogue options.

However, I'm sorry to see they dropped the ball with everything else. Way too many side quests, an imbalanced side quest to class quest ratio. They also homogenized the classes, nothing like classes were in KoToR. Also, classes in KoToR felt powerful as they grew in the force, whereas classes in SWTOR feel rather weak comparitively. 

variation is not the same as sandbox

any game with a certain population will have toxic elements,,hackers,scammers,trolls

letting those guys do their stuff can be devastating for a games population

and no matter what you do,,any mmo is still scripted,,the only real difference would be in PVP

Given the average incidence of these behaviors across a number of games, I still think this is an isolationist pro-sterile environment argument that you are making. For every troll and scammer there are 15 people willing to expose and do battle with them in game via non-pvp means. Communities largely police themselves, and when that fails the company will generally do the rest.

Without risk there is no success. Without danger there is no adventure. Without a population you have a single-player game whether there are people playing the game concurrently or no.

Originally posted by nate1980

Because of the nature of licensing agreements, the world is stuck with this Star Wars MMO for who knows how long. I find myself longing for a Star Wars game, but SWTOR is unplayable to me. If only the crew at EAware had the technical skill.

-I wish the engine could be adapted so that the game would operate like contemporary MMOs.

-I wish that new explorable, dynamic (night/day, weather, randomized mobs, varied loot tables) planets would be added that are considered outside of the original storyline, and were there for player adventures.

-I wish that the crafting would open up and be 10 times as complicated and varied.

-I wish that A full 3d space game with varied ships could be added and used to travel between the worlds.

-I wish that they had the ability to add mini-games

-I wish that they could allow players to change the world in some way, to make a mark and achieve something other than completed Karagga' s on NM mode.

SWTOR is the sequel to the KoToR series and made by Bioware. So people shouldn't have expected any different from Bioware than a game with a main story, side missions, voice overs, and light/dark side dialogue options.

However, I'm sorry to see they dropped the ball with everything else. Way too many side quests, an imbalanced side quest to class quest ratio. They also homogenized the classes, nothing like classes were in KoToR. Also, classes in KoToR felt powerful as they grew in the force, whereas classes in SWTOR feel rather weak comparitively. 

No I'm sorry. When they said things like "new evolution in MMORPG games," that deprived you of the expectation argument. Also considering that SWTOR came after a much more detailed SW IP game, the discrepancy between the two became in itself a problem.

KoToR at least had the D20 system and meaningful choices concerning light side and dark side. SWTOR does none of this. I think if it would have been a KoToR MMO I would have been happier with it.

• ktanner3ktanner3 Member UncommonPosts: 4,063

No I'm sorry. When they said things like "new evolution in MMORPG games," that deprived you of the expectation argument.

The Next evolution phrase and "4th Pillar" was referring to the story and dialogue choices, which they delivered on. No other MMO had done the leveling process in that manner. Every single video  that used those phrases was referring to that. It had nothing to do with sandbox gameplay. They even did an announcement that basically said this wasn't going to be SWG2. It was a very hot topic in these forums for a long time. 

Also considering that SWTOR came after a much more detailed SW IP game, the discrepancy between the two became in itself a problem.

Only with players that were still  hooked on that game. The rest of us had moved on since 2005. And the gaming population who had never even played SWG could have cared less.  Many of them were telling the SWG fanatics to go away and stop trying to turn the game into somethig it isn't. 

KoToR at least had the D20 system and meaningful choices concerning light side and dark side. SWTOR does none of this. I think if it would have been a KoToR MMO I would have been happier with it.

Can't disagree with that part. From what I understand from people that played it in beta, your light and darkside choices DID have an affect on your companions. If you hit a certain negative points with them they would leave. You also had the option to kill them. But as usually happens when you open up your testing the lowest common denominator whines so loud that devs make the mistake of thinking they are the majority. Easy solution to a companion shortage would have been granting the ability to aquire companion droids on the market or in a quest. My biggest regret was passing up the chance to be a BETA tester so I could tell the care bears to go back to WOW and stop trying to dumb down the game. 

Currently Playing: World of Warcraft