Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MMOs 2013 - whats next....?

DonY81DonY81 Member UncommonPosts: 398

Last year i wasnt sure what was coming up and then someone mentioned a few to look forward to in 2012. I bought them all, bit of a hoarder. Well its 2013 now and im curious to know whats kind of a AAA game or big name that we have coming....

any ideas?

Comments

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798

massively gave their list last week

massively's top 10 for 2013
    http://massively.joystiq.com/2013/01/03/the-perfect-ten-new-mmos-to-watch-in-2013/
    1. City of Steam
    2. Defiance
    3. WildStar
    4. Age of Wushu
    5. DUST 514
    6. Neverwinter
    7. World of Warplanes
    8. ArcheAge
    9. Marvel Heroes
    10. The Elder Scrolls Online

• EvelknievelEvelknievel Member UncommonPosts: 2,964

Hopefully there is a diamond in the rough out of those choices this year. It seems there is alot of disappoint in the mmorpg's these days and it all started around 2007 and up.

I am currently hitting up AoW now, but look forward to ArcheAge and Defiance since the rest look like games we already are playing.

Unless we get out of these themepark mmo's which seem to be a dime a dozen now, I will stick to the classics from a decade ago since there seems to be more content, depth and complexity in the old school mmorpg's.

• sanshi44sanshi44 Member UncommonPosts: 1,187
    Im realy looking forward to see what SoE pulls off with Everquest Next, Everquest is there pride and joy of SoE so they definetly be trying somthing big, There planning on releasing a playable version/Demo at there fan fair this year which i cant wait for. Game itself though will prob be a 2014 release i would think though. But realy keen on the new info cming out in the fan fair this year.
  • AsalzSyAsalzSy Member UncommonPosts: 230
     all the above.. also just found those two BLESS & EIN is under development from the same company & both look cool..hope we will see them in 2013.. http://www.neowizgames.com/gstar2012/EIN/
  • EtherignisEtherignis Member UncommonPosts: 249
    Blade n soul and hopefully, phantasy star online 2
  • MMOExposedMMOExposed Member RarePosts: 7,387
    Originally posted by Nadia

http://massively.joystiq.com/2013/01/03/the-perfect-ten-new-mmos-to-watch-in-2013/
    1. City of Steam
    2. Defiance
    3. WildStar
    4. Age of Wushu
    5. DUST 514
    6. Neverwinter
    7. World of Warplanes
    8. ArcheAge
    9. Marvel Heroes

I doubt any of them will do well after the first year.

Philosophy of MMO Game Design

• the420kidthe420kid Member UncommonPosts: 440

1. darkfall UW

2.  Tera f2p

3. ff14 f2p

4. Defiance

5.  elder scrolls online

Thats my top 5 games I am watching / playing in 2013, archage in 2014..

• SlyLoKSlyLoK Member RarePosts: 2,698
    I am looking forward to Defiance , Archeage , TESO and PSO2 ( if you want to call the PSO franchise an MMO ).. And hoping for some info on EQNext.
  • bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838

Wushu

Repopulation

EQnext

TESO

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • KenFisherKenFisher Member UncommonPosts: 5,035

My watch list for 2013:

The Repopulation

TERA F2P

City of Steam

Ken Fisher - Semi retired old fart Network Administrator, now working in Network Security.  I don't Forum PVP.  If you feel I've attacked you, it was probably by accident.  When I don't understand, I ask.  Such is not intended as criticism.
  • MaephistoMaephisto Member Posts: 632
    Originally posted by Khrymson
    Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn

If FFXIV going to be a grand PvE fest like FFXI was?  I remember reading the posts/blog from Temperhoof and it all sounded.......so terrifying.

Is there any pvp worth mentioning?

• Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440
    Originally posted by MMOExposed
    Originally posted by Nadia

1. City of Steam
    2. Defiance
    3. WildStar
    4. Age of Wushu
    5. DUST 514
    6. Neverwinter
    7. World of Warplanes
    8. ArcheAge
    9. Marvel Heroes

I doubt any of them will do well after the first year.

For once, I agree with you.  There's pretty much nothing different enough to hold onto a wishy washy community's interest.  Having said that, I do intend to enjoy a few of the titles listed.