Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Good news

GeinochGeinoch Member Posts: 17

Good news!!!

According to Chris McDonough, senior producer of the game. They are doing internal tests of the game about following feature:"Combat, discipline (I don't know the word in english), sandbok approach and character progression"

They also started recruting on the project.

The goal, in my opinion, is to get something working for the fanfest 2013

=D

(sorry for my english)

Comments

• tank017tank017 Member Posts: 2,192

sounds good to me..

WoD is going to be one unique experience,cant wait to see it unfold!

• RohnRohn Member UncommonPosts: 3,730
    Thanks for the info.  Of all the games out there, WoD is the one I'm looking forward to the most by far.  Obviously, it's still really far away from launch, but hopefully more news will start coming out soon.

Hell hath no fury like an MMORPG player scorned.

• CrazyCronusCrazyCronus Member UncommonPosts: 47
    Nice, lets hope we will see some in game footage on the Fanfest.
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435
    I think once they get clear of this Dust 514 nonsense it will free up resources to focus more on WOD, but I'll agree, probably quite some time before anything releases.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• leoo88556leoo88556 Member Posts: 135

Yeah it's really good to know that they are making progress on the game. Also reading their tweets about the feature test is also really exciting... god I just realize how pathetic that sound XD

• TylantiaTylantia Member UncommonPosts: 69

Originally posted by leoo88556
    Yeah it's really good to know that they are making progress on the game. Also reading their tweets about the feature test is also really exciting... god I just realize how pathetic that sound XD

Just shows your keen and excited, to which I will join you and squee a bit lol :P

# SW:TOR : Tylantia, Sivis, Aeonis, Aehris, Xaehrin, Vhyce, Tehren, Suvis
    # Ryzom : Kasumi / Secor / Anuihlm
    # City of Heroes/Villains : @Tylantia
    # Age of Empires Online : Tylantia (Abydos server)
    # Stargate Worlds : Kadael
    # WoW : Tylantia, Siinaar, Sivis, Moofangles, Aehr, Cehr, Chaizen, Ocep, Tzias

• AmbrosiaAmorAmbrosiaAmor Member Posts: 915
    Good news is news good.

• BetaguyBetaguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,627
    Dayum, I forgot all about this game.  Fell off the radar, can't wait to see what they produce with this title.
    "The King and the Pawn return to the same box at the end of the game"

• FromHellFromHell Member Posts: 1,311

Come on we need MORE news, is this all? I want to see new screenshots and a gameplay video already.

WOD is the only upcoming MMO besides Star Citizen which would be worth the hype.

Secrets of Dragon?s Spine Trailer.. ! :D
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwT9cFVQCMw

Best MMOs ever played: Ultima, EvE, SW Galaxies, Age of Conan, The Secret World
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2X_SbZCHpc&t=21s

The Return of ELITE !

• LaterisLateris Member UncommonPosts: 1,830
    Didnt they say there would be PvP arenas w/ perm death? 
  • MalcanisMalcanis Member UncommonPosts: 3,297
    Originally posted by Lateris

Permadeath (under certain very specific circumstances) yes, PvP arena not as far as I know.

Give me liberty or give me lasers

• Harlequin_SHarlequin_S Member UncommonPosts: 39
    Originally posted by Malcanis
    Originally posted by Lateris

Permadeath (under certain very specific circumstances) yes, PvP arena not as far as I know.

They have not been overly clear about permadeath. Bloodhunts is one way the dev have stated but thats about it nor given details how bloodhunts exactly work aside from a prince can call it. The whole 'permadeath only under certain conditions' is community conjecture that has morphed into 'fact'. We frankly don't have a lot of details on that topic as of yet.

It was hinted, PvP fights to the (perma)death may be included. It's assumed if such is added to the MMO the rewards will be pretty high due to the risk.

-Harlequin
    Admin of World of Darkness News
    http://www.wodnews.net

Any more news?

The Return of ELITE !

• FunbunsFunbuns Member Posts: 11
    Just about any news is good news when it comes this game. Going to be "foreverrrrrrr" before it launches tho:(
  • DarkWolfyDarkWolfy Member UncommonPosts: 71

Last I heard perma-death only happens when a Prince put a blood hunt on someone, then anyone can hunt down that person and kill them.  Princes are put into place by the players, and can be kicked out by the players as well, so if princes behave foolisly, people will kick them out.  I don't mind perma-death that way because it will be rare, and if a pince abuse of his power than you can kick him/her out of position.

As for WoD, it's more of a social game, not a PvP game.  What gets you far are the connections you make ingame.  That is how players can become princes, by having good connections.

• KrematoryKrematory Member UncommonPosts: 608
    I have great expectations for this game, and I know that's not necessarialy a good thing. I can't wait for CCP to show us more about it.

"EVE is likely the best MMORPG that you've never really understood or played" - Kyleran

• RevofireRevofire Member UncommonPosts: 269
    I really hope that aiming is based on you looking at your target and hitting them with your own skill. Also I hope that just because one person was playing longer that it will take at least 500 10,000HP hits to kill him. I think it should be more dynamic and skill based, all based on how you dodge, where you deploy your skills to and where you set things up.
    Change your thoughts and you change your world. - Norman Vincent Peale

Originally posted by assault3hro
    I really hope that aiming is based on you looking at your target and hitting them with your own skill. Also I hope that just because one person was playing longer that it will take at least 500 10,000HP hits to kill him. I think it should be more dynamic and skill based, all based on how you dodge, where you deploy your skills to and where you set things up.

I just hope this won´t be a tab-targeting snoozefest á la GW2. This should more have a Fallout or Deus Ex combat type.

The Return of ELITE !

• AdalwulffAdalwulff Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,152
    Originally posted by assault3hro

If its anything like EVE, the veterans could get an advantage after a year or so.