Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Will you pay 60$ for the new expansion?

Comments

• botrytisbotrytis Member RarePosts: 3,363
    Originally posted by adam_nox
    If it was an overhaul of the game, where combat used resources and introduced skill trees and they put in real quests, and if they made dynamic events in lower level zones good for all level characters, and if you could do WvW at lower level without being at a huge disadvantage to 80s, then... maybe.

Then the game would be WoW, Rift, TSW or any number of other games not GW2.

Actually doing the DE's are good for all levels - I was doing a DE whcihc was lvl 14 and my Ranger is level 46 and got a Gold Bow as a drop which was level 46. So yes, it does happen. If you are meaning the Karma vendors in that area, then no they shouldn't. You don't play this game, do you? Or are you playing your version of the game?

• PurutzilPurutzil Member UncommonPosts: 3,048
    Originally posted by botrytis
    Originally posted by Torvaldr
    Since, so many on this forum are against this game anyway and want to see if fail, asking this question here will get you a mostly No poll. And it is, what did the OP expect?

Considering the OP never has anything nice to say about the game and is constantly negative I'm not sure why he'd be interested in the result either.  Where did he get the $60 figure from?  It's kind of like the, "Would you pay $50/mo for a game?" question.

The GW2, for the download version, was 60 dollars. I bet that is where he got it from and GW1 also charged the same price for the chapters (Factions and Nightfall) as they did for Prophecies.

Pretty much here. I doubt they will charge a full $60 for the expansion though I'd not be very surprised if its $30+ for the expansion. They can easily use the "B2P" model as an excuse for charging more, despite having a cash shop in place. I have a feeling personally the cash shop itself isn't as profitable as they were hoping (why buy gold from them after all when its far more cost efficient to buy it from a third party?) so rather then jam more into the cash shop they will try to push at expansion cost and maybe keep cash shop stuff to a minimum as 'extra support' so to speak.

I think they know full well how close to pushing the line the cash shop is already considering they wanted to make it 'fair' and right now you can get some of the best gear from crafting, something that can easily be bought with real money through their own cash shop (buying gems to gold) and then buying off players. Think they realize how people despise the cash raking 'gambling boxes' being despised by gamers and keeping it only to the boxes found in game with those keys, not wanting to draw more attention to themselves by putting more in game.

• NephaeriusNephaerius Member UncommonPosts: 1,671

Based on the terrible disappointment I found awaiting me and the travesty of how they've handled things post launch for a  game I looked forward to for over 6 years there is no way in hell I would pay $60 for anything made by ArenaNet again.

Also, I don't know where folks are getting that Factions and Nightfall cost $60.  They were $40 when they came out.  Prophecies was originally $50, all content after that was $40, maybe not GWEN I never purchased that one.

Steam: Neph

• DaezAsterDaezAster Member UncommonPosts: 788
    Well I will def be getting the expansion, most likely even if its 60 bucks. Most time i've spent in a game since halo2 and still playing...
  • Gaia_HunterGaia_Hunter Member UncommonPosts: 3,066
    Since, so many on this forum are against this game anyway and want to see if fail, asking this question here will get you a mostly No poll. And it is, what did the OP expect?

Considering the OP never has anything nice to say about the game and is constantly negative I'm not sure why he'd be interested in the result either.  Where did he get the $60 figure from?  It's kind of like the, "Would you pay $50/mo for a game?" question.

The GW2, for the download version, was 60 dollars. I bet that is where he got it from and GW1 also charged the same price for the chapters (Factions and Nightfall) as they did for Prophecies.

That makes sense.  Those also came stand alone and with a couple more character slots.  It will be interesting to see if they sell large xpacs stand alone or not.

I also have a feeling we will see some free content updates, some small paid expansions, and larger more costly expansions.

I still have a ton of stuff to accomplish so I'm in no hurry for an expac.

A better question would probably have been, "For those who like and play the game, do you plan on buying a paid xpac and what would you pay?"

It seems to me many are assuming tbat GW2 expansions will be minor.

From Anet history they will be as big as the original game.

Currently playing: GW2
    Going cardboard starter kit: Ticket to ride, Pandemic, Carcassonne, Dominion, 7 Wonders

• Lovely_LalyLovely_Laly Member UncommonPosts: 734

no thanks.
    this game was biggest disappointment.
    only 1 question I keep asking myself:

why company who got great worked original brand, I mean all 3 + add on GW games, never developed these, but *killed* then all and made just average boring game with great graphic, but without content and full of bugs etc.

beside I don't feel safe to play anymore, keep thinking and if I discover recipe which will be considered as exploit and I'll get ban for bad work done by someone of them.

I loved GW1 so much, I loved ANet before GW2, now I feel sad, I feel betrayed by false promises (like no hidden costs, buy to play only model, innovative game mechanic and much more).

I think all is broken now and my GW2 experience will resume of occasional playing when nothing else comes on mind, once I've done all I planned to do on my single playeble character (world/map exploration, crafting finished).

try before buy, even if it's a game to avoid bad surprises.
    Worst surprises for me: Aion, GW2

• PermadudePermadude Member Posts: 16
    Since I couldn't get past level 50 before I succumbed to overwhelming boredom, I doubt it, unless they reintroduce trinity or a workable alternative, provide a free choice of skills as per GW1, improve the tetris map design, stop spending time and effort on vista/ jump puzzle fluff, reintroduce quests rather than the huge over-simplification and immersion-breaking hearts, improve the amateurish story... I could go on. 
  • Z3R01Z3R01 Member UncommonPosts: 2,425

They would never charge $60 for an expansion...

Maybe $30 or $40 but $60 is new game territory and thats suicide.

Playing: Nothing

Looking forward to: Nothing 

• PermadudePermadude Member Posts: 16
    Originally posted by Z3R01

They would never charge $60 for an expansion...

Maybe $30 or $40 but $60 is new game territory and thats suicide.

New game territory, like Factions or Nightfall? 

• ChrisboxChrisbox Member UncommonPosts: 1,729
    Depends on the content, and direction of it.  If its another like 10 levels of  dynamic events and a dungeon with cosmetic set then no. If it involves some kind of large scale non zerg content that requires organization/skill and rewards greatly then yes I will. 

Played-Everything
    Playing-LoL

• zastrophzastroph Member Posts: 242

I voted no, however I am not against the game, I have stated my opinion many times about how they stuffed up when making this game, and in stating my opinion, it is not my intent to have it gone but in the hope that they will rethink what they broke and fix it! Especially as more and more quests are being broken all the time, there are many that worked when I started playing but are now broken, especially that latest one I found that has a champoin with 20 underlings, when if you try to kill it you kill all the underlings around it and are told that there are still 14 more to kill which are nowhere to be found!

• MaephistoMaephisto Member Posts: 632

Why isnt Pirates 101 a third option?

I think this poll may be slighty compromised.

• Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440
    This is like asking people who were disappointed in Cata if they'd buy the next WoW expansion.. who can say if it's going to be good or if it's going to be 60 bucks? 
  • EvelknievelEvelknievel Member UncommonPosts: 2,964
    Originally posted by Volkon
    Originally posted by JR4D

I voted no. Still to this day, I dont know what the point of playing this game is all about.

Oh, that's easy.

To have fun.

Why else would you play a game? If it's not fun for you, so be it, best of luck finding one you enjoy. But that's the point after all... having fun.

Ohhh so thats what it's all about.......

• EvelknievelEvelknievel Member UncommonPosts: 2,964
    Originally posted by azurrei
    An expansion better be no more than $30, and it would have to fix ALL of the issues I currently have with the game...

I am going to take a poke and say $39.99 for the regular edition and $69.99 for the limited collectors edition expansion (guessing of course on the market trend).

• FearumFearum Member UncommonPosts: 1,175
    Only if, this is a big if because looking at the icon makes me feel sick, they give another 80 levels in a new game with completly redone  everything. But probably not going to buy it even it is $10 because I can't even log into the game anymore. I have hit the wall a few months ago and still cant even log in.
  • jpnzjpnz Member Posts: 3,529

I will, if the content is good enough.

Gdemami -
    Informing people about your thoughts and impressions is not a review, it's a blog.

• rodingorodingo Member RarePosts: 2,870
    Originally posted by Epic1oots
    Originally posted by RizelStar
    Originally posted by Raekon

Totally misguiding poll so the people will add more negativity towards the game.

Facts:

- GW1 had one expansion with Eye of the North (Factions and Nightfall were stand alone games which means full games) and costed the half of the price you set on the poll .

- second expansion one could buy were the chronicles that were released very late.

Other than that there were only free expansions like the sorrows furnace as example

- GW 2 gives us the first expansion for FREE by splitting it into two updates from which one comes this month and the second in february

So if a expansion comes you will have to pay, it might cost you like 30$ but definately not 60$

So I voted yes.

Yea that was obvious if you ask me, like that's the actual intention, well disguised though. You know I just posted about that in another thread. I was wondering though if I was the only one who saw what this poll was [meant] for but oh well.

Thanks for the information

You guys take care and peace.

Ok so 30$. Even if it was 30$ xpac, I still wouldnt buy it.

Ok,...

Obviously there are others who will buy the expac.  So who will or will not buy it doesn't really matter.  If you read between the lines and look at the OP's posting history in regards to GW2 you will see this poll was meant to get a recount (yet again) of who dislikes GW2 amongst the mmorpg.com posters. 

"If I offended you, you needed it" -Corey Taylor

• daltaniousdaltanious Member UncommonPosts: 2,381
    I'm very very happy with gw2 and new expansion would be more then worth this ammount. I'm not rich but I was never "cheap" kind of person.
  • PaRoXiTiCPaRoXiTiC Member UncommonPosts: 603

I hate to say it, but no I will not be buying the expansion. Like most people on this site I think I am deep down a sanboxer and I had fun in GW2, but I don't wanna support Themepark anymore. Plus, all they are gonna do is add the same type of content which is pretty pointless and the newness of the game is already gone.

I see no reason to continue with GW2.

• darkbamydarkbamy Member UncommonPosts: 111

short and simple

NO

• PtrickPtrick Member Posts: 1
    I would pay 60 but I seriusly doubt it will be 60 maybe 25 or 30 but its not gonna be 60 I would be superised
  • loulakiloulaki Member UncommonPosts: 944
    and if there is a good CE i will buy it : )

• sherlockiamasherlockiama Member Posts: 4

I personally know nothing about GW2 at all, and never intend to. I wouldn't give NCSOFT another $.05 of my money if they were the last game providers on earth. 

A very disgruntled former NCSOFT gamer.

• simpliussimplius Member UncommonPosts: 1,134

gladly,,seeing what i would get from the competion for the same

they would have to fail BIG TIME to not be worth it