Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What games are you currently playing and why? [January]

Comments

• HomituHomitu Member UncommonPosts: 2,030

Xenoblade Chronicles to get that much needed JRPG fix. 

GW2

League of Legends

Trine 2 again with some friends

Dota 2 beta

Just finished a Chrono Trigger playthrough. 

• GerrigGerrig Member Posts: 30

- Oblivion

- Secret World (now and then...)

Nothing game-worthy out there. Always fall back to Fallout 3, Everquest II n such.

• nukempronukempro Member Posts: 76

Let's see...

MMO's -

1.TSW - every now and then

2.Dragons nest - just started, really like so far

Non-mmo's -

1.Awesomenauts - a 2d Moba with some other twists that set it apart

2.Torchlight 2

3. CS:GO

Looking ahead to FF14 ARR

• BrenelaelBrenelael Member UncommonPosts: 3,821

Mostly Minecraft and Skyrim on the PC. I also have Farcry 3 but can only play for about 15 minutes or so before it causes a heat shutdown... LOL... Time to upgrade again.

I also play a lot of Android games on my Tablet. Right now I'm mostly playing Reckless Racing 2, Pinball Arcade, Minecraft PE, A Bards Tale, Need for Speed: Most Wanted and various other games.

As for MMOs I haven't been playing any for a while now but I'm thinking about giving one a go here soon. The wife wants me to start playing WOW again but I just can't bring myself to do that. image

Bren

while(horse==dead)
    {
    beat();
    }

• Slappy1Slappy1 Member Posts: 458
    Originally posted by BadSpock

This month?

EvE - couldn't resist the 9.95 come back promotion followed shortly by a 29.95 90 day promotion.

4 months for 40 bucks is a great value!

I want to get into FW and PK (bounty hunting) and I can easily get myself into T2 cruiser/frigate PvP in a few weeks.

Nothing else really - barely have time for any MMO these days.

Waiting on FFXIV, Defiance in the hopefully somewhat short term - AA in the long haul.

Might play some more TERA once it hits F2P.

I think the 1st episode of Defiance on SYFY is maybe April 15th or so.I'm thinking the game needs to release close to that,so maybe May 15th at latest (I hope).Also agree with Tera as I'll be playing much more of that once ftp next month.

Some day I'm going to put a sword through your eye and out the back of your skull!

Arya Stark

• Z3R01Z3R01 Member UncommonPosts: 2,425

I don't know how you guys play more than one MMO at once.

MMOs require a legit investment to even get going. 

If you play a mmo once a week or once every two weeks are you really playing?

From my experience if you really like a game, you play it.

You look forward to playing it, a mmo should take up the majority of your free gaming time.

I look at these game lists and I see two, three and even five! mmos listed and all i'm thinking is how you guys have nothing to play.

If you can't stomach one game for an extended period of time... uninstall it.

I'm playing one mmo, everything else on my list are games that end (Skyrim, Dark Souls, Darksiders 2) or have a short match session time per game (Dota 2, SC2). 

I honestly feel bad for anyone that can't find a good mmo to stick to. I see players jumping from game to game playing one hour here, two there... Has the genre really failed you so badly and are you truly that addicted that you can't admit that you enjoy nothing?

Playing: Nothing

Looking forward to: Nothing 

• YakkinYakkin Member Posts: 919

Saints Row the Third, The Secret World, and some Pokemon Platinum.

I honestly wasn't all that interested in playing my digital copy of Saints Row, even though I got it during the Humble Indie Bundle, until I decided to check up some videos on it and saw what it was about. I jumped in, and I'm loving every moment of it.

The Secret World is pretty cool for the atmosphere and freeform skill system, although it's slow going for me at the moment, and I keep getting distracted by other stuff.

Pokemon Platinum because I feel a Pokemon urge popping up recently.

• DemenshaDemensha Member UncommonPosts: 76

Currently playing Perpetuum for my sandbox fix

GW2 for my themepark action

• sketocafesketocafe Member UncommonPosts: 950

I should be going through my stack of games from as far back as steam's summer sale, but instead I'm just playing the Secret World and loving it. 

Also logging into EvE online to set training and do ganked roams.

Not enough time but I'll be checking out the Age of Wushu beta in before the release.

• PermadudePermadude Member Posts: 16
    None, literally none.  
  • bizoux86bizoux86 Member UncommonPosts: 85
    World of Warcraft - recently left Aion because it got boring, started playing WoW again and am LOVING IT!
    Originally posted by trenshod

World of Warcraft: love the lore, friends, and the chance to better my toons

Here, here!

• darker70darker70 Member UncommonPosts: 804

Age of Wushu, on Russian servers Because I think I've fallen in love with Mo's again it's simply brilliant.

Far Cry 3,  Awesome engine incredible graphics and stunning sandbox play to boot.

p>
    Originally posted by bizoux86

Here, here!

Did you just try to congratulate yourself by changing names?

That's kinda sad....

• tyfontyfon Member UncommonPosts: 240

I play

• Age of Wushu (preparing for Wulin, getting to know the systems on the russian server)
    • The Secret World (My main game)
    • Anarchy Online (Just can't leave this, best game ever)
    • EVE Online (This pulls me in again and again too)
    • Defense Grid: The Awakening (The narator is the best ever)

Going to try XCOM soon. It's sitting in my steam library :)

Why do I play games?

Because they are fun. Are there any other reasons to play?

• NBlitzNBlitz Member Posts: 1,904

Here, here!

Where?

• LurvLurv Member UncommonPosts: 409
    Tera for the action PvP and eye candy for my 7950 and Secret World for the dark storyline.

Getting too old for this $&17!

Originally posted by apb2011
    I think you all need to get laid.

Why are YOU here? Getting laid isn't an issue. All I have to do is get up, walk about 2 feet, yank her blankets off, do my thing, walk away and go back to my game. 'cept she gets pissed because I leave her like that.

Nothing wrong with having both. Some of us do. Women, gaming, food, sleep. In that order.

Wait. Rift has housing now??

• SouldrainerSouldrainer Member Posts: 1,857

Space Marine, Mark of the Ninja, SWTOR, GW2, Dead Space, and Doom 3. 

Bought Saints Row 3 and FTL on the  Steam sale.  Both games are severely overhyped pieces of garbage IMO.

Error: 37. Signature not found. Please connect to my server for signature access.

• SouldrainerSouldrainer Member Posts: 1,857
    Originally posted by apb2011
    I think you all need to get laid.

What do you know of this?  You speak as if you have to be up in someone's face 24/7 to make it work.  No, you kind of have to keep doing your own thing, or it will fall apart.  So yeah, you stop doing what you love, and the rest of us will just keep getting laid instead.

Error: 37. Signature not found. Please connect to my server for signature access.

• apocolusterapocoluster Member UncommonPosts: 1,326
    As of Jan 10.   Off of DCUO and back on TOR bought the expansion. Eagerly anticipating playing Makeb

No matter how cynical you become, its never enough to keep up - Lily Tomlin

• exwinexwin Member Posts: 221

Picked up Dishonored the other day, onsale on steam. Wow, can't stop playing it, I'm on my 3rd playthrough. Kind of a short game, the retail 60 would have been a bit steep, but 30 bucks was well worth it. 

Originally posted by Enigmatus

Here, here!

That's kinda sad....

LOL for real? Just because someone agrees with another post means they have to be the same person?

Originally posted by Enigmatus

Here, here!

That's kinda sad....

LOL for real? Just because someone agrees with another post means they have to be the same person?

Not what I mean. when I looked at the post that you quoted, I didn't see anyone's name except yours associated with the quote, hence why I assumed you had literally changed your name after you quoted yourself to make it seem like you are agreeing with someone else. However, since the username change seems to have retroactively changed the quoted user's name as well, the ruse fell apart immediately.